Options

Jessica Walter Memorial [TV] Thread

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    doom patrol gave us 90s homage karen and it's hard to top that

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    give karen her own spinoff

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I absolutely love Lucifer’s view on children.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Just watched the first two Fate: The Winx Saga

It's no Teen Wolf or Motherland: Fort Salem, but it's still pretty decent

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Just watched the first two Fate: The Winx Saga

It's no Teen Wolf or Motherland: Fort Salem, but it's still pretty decent

This is exactly correct. There are a lot of better shows but it’s still pretty good.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I had heard Cobra Kai wss good, but damn it's so good. I watched it all day yesterday, I'm hooked.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah with Wanda vision, I’m waiting for the end of the season, and waiting if people are going to flip out at the end or not. I just feel really univigorated with anything in the marvel universe in general, really.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Having watched the third episode of WandaVision last night, I lean farther towards @Poorochondriac's camp.

While I enjoy seeing Elizabeth Olsen & Paul Bettany pal around, the show's parody of classic sitcoms is a weak glamer as it just doesn't have the actual comedic element of those same shows.

Where the show excels is in its mystery. I think the way to improve the show would be to punch up the jokes by ten-fold and to also tie the mystery/thriller elements of the greater plot into the show at a more consistent level. Just don't have the mystery pop up in the last 5 minutes of each episode, there needs to be a stronger marriage between those two tonal shifts.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    The one thing the show does well is having Bettany on screen without makeup, and being somewhat out of character / pushing the Vision persona bit. Vision from the movies is maybe the least interesting character in that whole franchise, so at least they've managed to add some personality and life to him.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I just want them to explain why Wanda is interested in Vision romantically after he kept her under house arrest against her will then threw her in an extrajudicial ocean prison.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    It's kinda wild seeing actual MCU discourse for the first time in a year and a half

In spite of one of my roommates having the hookup on Disney+, will also probs wait til the end of the season (which may rapidly turn into a Netflix Defenders scenario of just procrastinating on ALL of it forever and ever)

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Wait, Kathryn Hahn is in WandaVision?!

I’d been thinking I’d get around to watching it eventually... maybe. But I’ll push it up to the top of the watchlist for Kathryn Hahn. I love her. She’s usually the best part of anything she’s in.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm gonna wait for all of WandaVision to be out and get reactions then. The trailers really played up the mystery/horror aspect which is what intrigued me, so I'm hoping that becomes more central than what it seems to be now based on folks' posts.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Wait, Kathryn Hahn is in WandaVision?!

I’d been thinking I’d get around to watching it eventually... maybe. But I’ll push it up to the top of the watchlist for Kathryn Hahn. I love her. She’s usually the best part of anything she’s in.

She isn't in it a bunch.

But she's easily the best actor in the entire show.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    jean smart, the janice of frasier, should have become a series regular. she is basically the only highlight of this dreadful season 8!

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I like wandavision and I think that might be at least partly because I think old sitcoms are basically unwatchable

except I Love Lucy, I can watch that all day

In other news this Evil show is REAL GOOD but have we talked about how fucked it is to have two psychologists namedrop excited delirium?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It's very fucked up, yeah

The psychologists of Evil might not be shining examples of the practice

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    It's very fucked up, yeah

The psychologists of Evil might not be shining examples of the practice

they are in fact both bad psychologists for very different reasons that shorty will soon discover

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Huh, I didn't know that this season of Carmen Sandiego was the last, so in the last scenes it dawned on me "Oh, this is a grand finale"
    I definitely got emotional when Shadow-san talked about the people Carmen helped taking up her legacy, I'm a sucker for that trope.

• Options
    @Rorshach Kringle and I are taking a break from Spartacus, having just finished its prequel season , to instead watch Epix's Pennyworth.

A show that reminds me so much of the gag from Don't Trust The B In Apartment 23 with James Van Der Beek being in a Guy Ritchie movie.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Rorshach Kringle and I are taking a break from Spartacus, having just finished its prequel season , to instead watch Epix's Pennyworth.

A show that reminds me so much of the gag from Don't Trust The B In Apartment 23 with James Van Der Beek being in a Guy Ritchie movie.

Do you guys have a podcast or something?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    "Rorshach Kringle" and I are taking a break from Spartacus, having just finished its prequel season , to instead watch Epix's Pennyworth.

Oh no, podcasting would get in the way of RK becoming the next great Youtube sensation.

• Options
    Only video I’ve seen of RK is him opening an entire box of Austin Powers cards.

• Options

how dare you

it was a factory sealed booster box of the spy who shagged me expansion to the austin powers trading card game

context is very important!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

how dare you

it was a factory sealed booster box of the spy who shagged me expansion to the austin powers trading card game

context is very important!!!

I was far too enraptured by your eyes to have remembered the specifics!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    "Rorshach Kringle" and I are taking a break from Spartacus, having just finished its prequel season , to instead watch Epix's Pennyworth.

Oh no, podcasting would get in the way of RK becoming the next great Youtube sensation.

It's really gonna shake up the Youtube film criticism/analysis world

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Also, the woman they got to play
    Eve

Is straight up an IRL anime girl

She's also in a show called Imposters and is very Anime Girl in that, as well.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Huh okay, got lost in the crowd jokes.

I just asked because for a few threads now you guys have references your top lists for shows and your episode guides and your MVPs.

I wondered if there was more content available.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Sadly, no, nothing beyond dumb posts here (and Twitter).

• Options
    edited January 2021
    But speaking of such dumb stuff, this is what I settled on for my mini-season of Futurama.

I tried to keep it focused on two plot points: Fry's courtship of Leela and Fry's destiny via Nibbler.

I think I only ended up with two "free" episodes, which ended up going towards The Deep South & Luck of the Fryish (but I could see those getting changed based entirely on mood).
    -- Space Pilot 3000 [S1-E1]: A down-on-his-luck pizza delivery guy is accidentally frozen on New Year's Eve 1999, and wakes up in 2999.
    -- Hell Is Other Robots [S1-E9]: Bender joins a robot church after fighting an addiction to electricity, but reverts to his pre-addictive behavior of cigars, booze and robot hookers, leading to a musical confrontation with the Robot Devil.
    -- The Deep South [S2-E16]: While stranded at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean with the rest of the Planet Express crew, Fry meets a mermaid and quickly falls in love.
    -- Parasites Lost [S3-E4]: Ingesting a bad egg-salad sandwich leads to Fry developing a colony of parasitic worms in his bowels, which set out to make him smarter and stronger.
    -- The Day the Earth Stood Stupid [S3-E7]: When flying brains invade, Fry is the only one who can save the Earth from destruction.
    -- The Luck of the Fryish [S3-E10]: Fry goes on a quest to recover his lucky 7-leaf clover after being convinced that his brother took over his identity after he was frozen.
    -- Time Keeps on Slippin [S3-E14]: After being challenged to a game of basketball by the planet of the Globetrotters, Prof. Farnsworth creates a team of mutant, atomic supermen, but the side effects of their rapid growth endangers the universe.
    -- Roswell That Ends Well [S4-E1]: Fry causes trouble for himself and the rest of the crew when he accidentally causes them all to be transported back in time to Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.
    -- The Why of Fry [S5-E8]: Fry learns that his accidental freezing 1004 years earlier wasn't an accident and he is given a choice that could prevent its happening, but at a cost.
    -- The Devil’s Hands Are Idle Things [S5-E16]: Fry makes a deal with the Robot Devil so he can get robot hands to play the holophoner and impress Leela. In a twist of fate, Fry trades hands with the Robot Devil and writes a masterpiece opera about Leela. However, the Robot Devil has evil plans of his own.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    @zonugal and i just like lists

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    zonugal and i just like lists

We get bored a lot and lists are a good distraction when bored.

• Options
    i mean yeah

with lockdown going on, i have to fill the time i could be spending playing the austin powers trading card game somehow, after all

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I was about to start Legends of Tomorrow S5, then I remembered about Crisis and siiigh guess I have to start from there (as the Blu ray only has the finale)

• Options
    I was about to start Legends of Tomorrow S5, then I remembered about Crisis and siiigh guess I have to start from there (as the Blu ray only has the finale)

Having watched season five without watching Crisis, I think you'll be fine skipping the event.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You guys are watching Spartacus?

Talk about Spartacus please

Specifically what do you think of the odd grammar

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

Having watched season five without watching Crisis, I think you'll be fine skipping the event.

That's good to know, but I think my curiosity is going to override my desire for LoT hijinks.

• Options

the legends very emphatically sit out the event

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

the legends very emphatically sit out the event

Haha, what? Like, I know that was the case with Elseworlds and the the larger the crossover the more arduous it is to produce, but even then that's surprising.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Sarah Lance and Ray are in it, and the others show up for the last episode, I believe.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
This discussion has been closed.