As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Second Impeachment] Acquitted of Armed Insurrection | 57 Votes for Guilty

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    While an archeologist/museum curator fighting Nazis to recover stolen art and cultural works is not an original concept, I would be on board for this one.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    what, like they brought their own?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »

could have had one commissioned or gifted to them while in office

who knows? is kind of the point of "don't jump to conclusions based off a hastily snapped and tweeted photo"

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Yes?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    A lot of art in the White House is on loan from Smithsonians and other museums, and they collect them at the end of a term unless the incoming President wants to keep it

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    A lot of art in the White House is on loan from Smithsonians and other museums, and they collect them at the end of a term unless the incoming President wants to keep it

Biden, probably: "Take everything back. Thoroughly clean it, examine it for any damage, then I'll consider bringing back what I want."

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Chanus wrote: »

could have had one commissioned or gifted to them while in office

who knows? is kind of the point of "don't jump to conclusions based off a hastily snapped and tweeted photo"

For example, RandoMcTweeter says a lot of White House decor is on loan and gets returned between administrations; an unsourced claim which probably deserves as much weight as my layman's interpretation of that image.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »

Biden, probably: "Take everything back. Thoroughly clean it, examine it for any damage, then I'll consider bringing back what I want."

Presumably, they will also check for bugs.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Presumably, they will also check for bugs.

surveillance devices as well, I would hope.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Can't wait for them to try to take the resolute desk.

Let him have it it’s one of many desks and fairly far down the list in terms of significance

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Can't wait for them to try to take the resolute desk.

Let him have it it’s one of many desks and fairly far down the list in terms of significance

Alternatively: fuck him, give him nothing.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also, isn’t is a whole thing about incoming presidents changing out decor? Aside from the cleaning and the bug sweeping and things going back to their original museums or whatever, some of it might just be going back to a warehouse for storage until the next president/admin asks for it.

Could be that Biden or someone else making those calls wants other items in place, temporarily or permanently. Obviously they aren’t going to tear down to base building like an office renovation between tenants, but clearing out some of the shit that is recognizably prominent during this admin might hold appeal as well.

At least until they’re sure it’s free of viruses and bugs (or all sorts).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    look Biden needed room for the Margaritaville margarita mixer and it just happened to be the same size as that Lincoln bust

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Speculation about biden having it removed seem... foolish. Trump might leave the place empty to spite him but I would be surprised, given everything else, that they would have acquiesced to any request from the Bidens

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Have y’all considered he wants a bust of the president who did the 2nd most for black people

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    I don’t think a semi-sane candidate gets through their primary; they had many such options in 2016 and chose none of them, and I doubt their inclinations have improved.

Pence might think he can win it but that dude makes white bread look interesting

That's what struck me as so comical when Ted Cruz started positioning himself to grab Trump's crazies. Come on Ted, you're a walking bag of sad, there's no way you could entertain those people like Donald does. They're not interested in a bunch of your poe-faced, overly sentimental, empty speeches on patriotism.

• Options
    i'm not saying anything i just was unaware that lincoln busts were in such abundance that we could have this discussion.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I don’t think a semi-sane candidate gets through their primary; they had many such options in 2016 and chose none of them, and I doubt their inclinations have improved.

Pence might think he can win it but that dude makes white bread look interesting

That's what struck me as so comical when Ted Cruz started positioning himself to grab Trump's crazies. Come on Ted, you're a walking bag of sad, there's no way you could entertain those people like Donald does. They're not interested in a bunch of your poe-faced, overly sentimental, empty speeches on patriotism.

It's gonna be hilarious when all these far right Republican members of congress remain loyal Trumpists for the next 4 years, hoping to be the one to inherit his supporters and run in 2024, only for some WWE wrestler, country singer or twitch streamer to swoop in an take over because Trumpism is about entertainment, not politics.

• Options
    i'm not saying anything i just was unaware that lincoln busts were in such abundance that we could have this discussion.

this country is frankly lousy with them

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I believe in the white house there are at least 10 currently. And its a common bust for politicians to have.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    fascinating

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular

Remember when the deal with Cruz was his dad was an evangelical sect leader who believed there are figures appointed by God to go out and secure treasures for the faithful, and just so coincidentally Ted Cruz was just one of those anointed?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Smurph wrote: »

It's gonna be hilarious when all these far right Republican members of congress remain loyal Trumpists for the next 4 years, hoping to be the one to inherit his supporters and run in 2024, only for some WWE wrestler, country singer or twitch streamer to swoop in an take over because Trumpism is about entertainment, not politics.

yeah... hilarious.
    right up to election night.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    How about we don't put people up for election that are interested in burning this whole teetering edifice down and installing themselves as dictator for life

Hindsight is always... 2020.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options

They’re like a penny a dozen

• Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    How about we don't put people up for election that are interested in burning this whole teetering edifice down and installing themselves as dictator for life

Hindsight is always... 2020.

foresight was available in 2016

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Why is he so persecuted?

Thank you Sam Bee for bringing that to my attention.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Biden, probably: "Take everything back. Thoroughly clean it, examine it for any damage hidden listening devices, then I'll consider bringing back what I want."

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

I have a tiny lincoln bust on my desk at home. Got it during the field trip to Springfield in highschool or middleschool, I forget which. But I am an Illinoisan.

• Options

I have a tiny lincoln bust on my desk at home. Got it during the field trip to Springfield in highschool or middleschool, I forget which. But I am an Illinoisan.

my dad had a bookend that was a lincoln bust when i was a kid

• Options
    edited January 2021
    ok that's it, Lincoln and bust!

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

Remember when the deal with Cruz was his dad was an evangelical sect leader who believed there are figures appointed by God to go out and secure treasures for the faithful, and just so coincidentally Ted Cruz was just one of those anointed?

I remember. Out of all the Republican hopefuls, Cruz was the one I feared the most, more than Trump even.

Trump might through incompetence destroy the world. Cruz would work towards that goal for the explicit purpose of bringing about literal armageddon.

Or at least, those were my thoughts at the time.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Frankly I'm not even sure that's true.

The closest to a "normal" republican I can remember was Jeb Bush and it felt like he didn't even want to be running from day one.

I remember the rest of them being "jesus-tap-dancing-christ" levels of terrible.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

The closest to a "normal" republican I can remember was Jeb Bush and it felt like he didn't even want to be running from day one.

I remember the rest of them being "jesus-tap-dancing-christ" levels of terrible.

I dunno, Marco Rubio feels like a classic Republican. That might just be compared to like, Trump and Cruz and Christie, though.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

I dunno, Marco Rubio feels like a classic Republican. That might just be compared to like, Trump and Cruz and Christie, though.

Marco Rubio is just a younger Lindsey Graham

he has absolutely no principles and will say whatever he thinks is the popular thing in the moment, lacking a single shred of courage to defend his statements once the winds change

i guess it all depends on your definition of classic Republican, but he doesn't embody anything at all except clumsy attempts at opportunism

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

he has absolutely no principles and will say whatever he thinks is the popular thing in the moment, lacking a single shred of courage to defend his statements once the winds change

i guess it all depends on your definition of classic Republican, but he doesn't embody anything at all except clumsy attempts at opportunism

Isn't that what a Republican is? I don't remember them being anything other than that.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

Isn't that what a Republican is? I don't remember them being anything other than that.

i wouldn't say so in any more than a flippant way

• Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

He's been essentially aiding COVID the entire time, decrying lockdowns, promoting herd immunity, pushing to reopen everything, and generally being a piece of shit. No different than any other Republican? Maybe. But still ghoulish and awful.

I hate that mailbox head.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    i didn't mean to imply he's not a giant piece of shit

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

Maybe in the past it was. Not anymore. God, can you imagine how different the country would be if Republicans just always went with whatever was the most popular? They've been stonewalling shit that polls over like 80% approval for the last decade, for fuck's sake.

No. They only care about saying and doing whatever they think will make Democrats mad, regardless of whether it's a thing they themselves are doing or have in the past done.

ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.