As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new Cyberpunk thread

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    It's been a long time...

7y3n6faklosu.png

I'm actually shocked that it's as high as a quarter

The main story line is really not that long if you are not trying to do all of the things. I imagine a bunch of people get like me where I knew the DLC was coming so I got all the main stuff I wanted to do done and then I just went back and finished it. You could probably if you just bee lined the main story finish it with a crappy ending at low/mid 20s level wise.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm going to play RE4's Ada DLC first, before jumping into CP 2.0. But I think my tentative gameplan is to start a new game sometime this week/weekend on 2.0. And then I'll just buy Phantom Liberty and add it to my game when it comes out, but I won't be in a rush to get there or do it.

I only have 16 hours on CP and that was all during launch weekend. Then I uninstalled. So essentially everything will be new and fresh for me.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    afaik PL starts after you've shat on the vooderp bois; use the weekend to play up to that point!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    hum the patch notes alluded to boss rebalancing

(end spoiler)
    I wonder if they've buffed adam smasher

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    afaik PL starts after you've shat on the vooderp bois; use the weekend to play up to that point!

This is correct, based on what CDPR said prior to launch.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Looks like they added a little bit of interactivity, i.e. you buy cars via your computer in your apartment and there's a playable arcade game now.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So glad to finally be playing this again.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    So, I can start a new game with all the new stuff and just do the Phantom Liberty stuff later yea?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if they fixed the problem of weapon upgrading becoming impossibly expensive depending on how many levels you had to cover. Used to be(especially for iconic weapons you can only craft up once) it was better to wait until you were at or near the level cap because the infinitely increasing upgrading costs made it basically impossible to bring a low level weapon up to 50.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Juicy full v2.0 patch notes:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49060/update-2-0

Edit: We're getting close to 100 pages, anyone want to make a dedicated Phantom Liberty thread?

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I'm wondering if they fixed the problem of weapon upgrading becoming impossibly expensive depending on how many levels you had to cover. Used to be(especially for iconic weapons you can only craft up once) it was better to wait until you were at or near the level cap because the infinitely increasing upgrading costs made it basically impossible to bring a low level weapon up to 50.

I think I heard something about them removing upgrading for everything except iconics?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Holy shit they just blew up my blades build. The Qian T Warp Dancer now has a 65-second cooldown, and there are no cyberdeck mods.

Goddammit. Might have to just start a new toon to get accustomed to all this 😞

• Options
    All the old legendary cyberware is now blue quality, but you can get materials and go to a ripperdoc to incrementally upgrade them. Pieces can be upgraded multiple times for additional passive benefits like increased mitigation chance.

Idk if I like it so far.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

I think I heard something about them removing upgrading for everything except iconics?

Crafting now has absolutely nothing to do with the Tech stat. There are zero crafting skills in the Tech tree - it's all grenades and cyberware capacity improvements.

Instead of upgrading your skill with pistols or blades separately by using specific weapon types, using either will (I think?) improve your skill in "Shinobi" - one of only five or so such skill types.

It's super-different.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I'm starting over tonight.

I just saw a video of a previous-game high level toon getting fucking erased by MAXTAC

Also apparently they juiced the difficulty on the higher levels (no mention of it for the lower levels, so you narrative folk seem to be safe) so I'm hoping it's hard as fuck.

• Options
    Wait, is there really no way to turn off ALL HUD elements? The objective tracker will always be there? I'm into a RDR2 playthrough and I love the way it is done there - can turn everything off, but there's a dedicated button to briefly bring it all back. Blargh.
    I'm starting over tonight.

I just saw a video of a previous-game high level toon getting fucking erased by MAXTAC

Also apparently they juiced the difficulty on the higher levels (no mention of it for the lower levels, so you narrative folk seem to be safe) so I'm hoping it's hard as fuck.

Pretty sure I got double-tapped in the first combat encounter. Also it's pretty much how Death March was for me in TW3 at the beginning: it's going to be a slog until you get some levels on you. Not seeing anything bullet spongey so far though.

. . .also I COMPLETELY forgot about that tutorial in the beginning. I absolutely needed it too, man do I not have any muscle memory with this game.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I saw a clip of someone blocking bullets with a katana. That's the build I want to do. How do I become Genji from Overwatch, but in Cyberpunk?

• Options
    Man, the amount of world building in the first apartment (and even the intro - which I forgot was "blink and you'll miss it") makes me lament what we could have gotten in STARFIELD. I spent like 20 minutes in the COYOTE just listening to side conversations, conversations that were actually interesting (who knew that helps develop the character of the world around you).
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I saw a clip of someone blocking bullets with a katana. That's the build I want to do. How do I become Genji from Overwatch, but in Cyberpunk?

"Lead and Steel" ability Level 2 allows you to deflect incoming projectiles (including bullets). It looks like you can spec it out with the "Bullet Time Russian Named Ability" to make the Stamina cost of bullets nothing (there's also an ability to auto deflect where your cursor is aimed).

AND there's a seperate build for throwable weapons that seems like some kinda Batarang-Throwing Poison-Ninja. They weren't kidding with wanting this Skill Tree rework to make "builds" feel viable. I wanted to go a different route this playthroug, but I've never played on the highest difficulty, and full "Stealth Hack Witch" feels like it could make this fun (this Queued Hack ability looks pretty, preeeeety fun - but then all the core skills in these trees do).

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Quick question, can I start playing now, and the DLC comes in later in the regular story?

No problem waiting as lots of games to play, but was just curious.

• Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    I want to start 2.0 now before the DLC but I see the DLC adds new weapons, side quests and events. If it's all contained in Dogtown, I won't mind starting now. If the new stuff is sprinkled into the main game outside the DLC area, I'd rather wait and experience it all along a fresh playthrough.

• Options
    Holy Shit. My performance issues are non-existent now. If you're dumb like me: "Dynamic Resolution" is not what you want to use if you are going to use FSR. Keep that off (as that's a different upscaler) and you will be able to get the expected performance gains. Restarted the game because my V looked. . .not great, and getting a solid 60FPS in Coyote at 4K. Can do 3K/40 with Raytracing but not really seeing a difference (not even sure what I'm meant to look for).

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Hacking feels even more busted now than before which... lol.

Don't mind me, just a random bystander. I couldn't possibly tell you why you're suddenly on fire.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Dixon wrote: »
    Quick question, can I start playing now, and the DLC comes in later in the regular story?

No problem waiting as lots of games to play, but was just curious.
    Metallikat wrote: »
    I want to start 2.0 now before the DLC but I see the DLC adds new weapons, side quests and events. If it's all contained in Dogtown, I won't mind starting now. If the new stuff is sprinkled into the main game outside the DLC area, I'd rather wait and experience it all along a fresh playthrough.

Yeah just start up a new character. The DLC content isn't accessible until after you do the Voodoo Boys quest in Act 2.

Even if you just blast the mainline mission that's like 5 hours in.

Chance on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Yeah I started a new game because I haven't played in like a year and a half. Sort of have a reflex and int build ATM. I'm just before the stealing the johnny chip mission. Everything seems to be smoother. And I can actually use quickhacks like really early in the game. I remember I had to drop a small fortune on good cyberware to do that before.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Unless I have legacy mods messing things up….

Crafting is fixed holy god.

Every build looks kind of purposeful/good.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Unless I have legacy mods messing things up….

Crafting is fixed holy god.

Every build looks kind of purposeful/good.

One youtuber specifically mentioned loving Tech no longer being required for every character that wanted the best weapons.

I mean, a lot of players still want to get into every locked door and to maximize cyberware so it'll still be really popular, but that's a different conversation.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Started a new game and holy shit they improved so many things. All the perk trees look fun now! I'm not sure which way to go.

Trivial bug/issue maybe? I can't seem to interact with the radio in V's apartment in any way so it's just stuck on a shitty station. Booooo.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    tl;dr how are the changes? big? just forget everything + start from scratch, assuming you played through once and then put the game down until now?

Also: I had a couple mods installed - a damage rebalancer to make V take more damage and NPCs not be so spongy, a vehicle handling mod, and iirc a mod that removed item "levels" so that a white revolver was a white revolver. Mod compatibility is surely broken, so I'll be disabling everything but going in vanilla, but did they change damage and/or crafting?

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    Oh, Steam has full patch notes

"Removed the silencer slot from revolvers"

CDPR you cowards -_-

"107.5 Dark Star is a new station for electronic music."

CDPR you're the best

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Wait when did they add the roach arcade game?

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I started a new game. I am playing a corpo. I calibrated my character's penis.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Wait when did they add the roach arcade game?

In the 1.6 update a year ago.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    I am liking the corpo beginning. A night and day difference from the street kid one.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am liking the corpo beginning. A night and day difference from the street kid one.

My only complaint was I made a V I was picturing as "the rest of the game" V, so kinda grubby, scars, etc etc. I figured they'd y'know, give me placeholder corporate suit/hair/etc for the opener, so when my V turned out to be in an Arasaka Tower washroom in all her scarred, green-mohawked, slightly Tank-Girl glory, I had a bit of a moment. But hey, if that's all I have to complain about...

• Options
    I heard Keanu actually looks like Keanu now.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Think I'll wait and see what happens to my mods over the next week before I jump in... if that cyber psycho one doesn't work it'll be sad times.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I'm extremely interested in what it does with the main story ending wise and also that it's apparently got two really compelling storylines in it too. The reviews have persuaded me to probably get this sooner rather than wait.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Let's go, chooms

1c70mx1zdhuu.jpg

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Has anyone been able to get non-Steam versions of this to run on Steam Deck? I'm trying to run the GOG version through Heroic Launcher and I can launch into the client just fine, but can't actually seem to load a game or start a new game; it just hangs. I've tried setting it to Proton Experimental, Proton GE 8, Proton 7, nothing seems to work.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Has anyone been able to get non-Steam versions of this to run on Steam Deck? I'm trying to run the GOG version through Heroic Launcher and I can launch into the client just fine, but can't actually seem to load a game or start a new game; it just hangs. I've tried setting it to Proton Experimental, Proton GE 8, Proton 7, nothing seems to work.

I’m fairly certain an SSD is required for the PC version now. The patch notes explicitly say not to run it on a steam deck.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)