As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] A Very Aeldari Christmas

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    But wut if shield but also gun?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    But wut if poleaxe but also gun?
    Oh... wait.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Shield doesn't look big enough to make a proper shield wall, to me

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I think the model looks rad as hell and I want it immediately.

Weather report says today is supposed to be nice so I think I'm going to prime some Sisters today actually.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The weather was meh on the walk home so I am mad about the last two days where it was prefect to prime but alas I had to go to bed mad from work so I could go to work that night

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    But wut if poleaxe but also gun?
    Oh... wait.
    Oh, can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would result from the SoB having Guardian Spears though? I almost wish they had done that, now…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    The whole gun-shield thing is just another beurocratic loophole the sisters have to jump through.

"Okay... it says here we cant have MEN at arms. We got that sorted out. Next on the docket, Sister Bernadette came up with this awesome idea of putting a bolter on a halberd."
    "Oooo, no. I think the Custodes have the patent on that. You remember how badly the last crusade to settle their legal disputes was, right?"
    "Oh yeah yeah... billions dead. Okay, what about a bolter... in a shield instead?"
    "Don't Astartes have something like that?"
    "No no, that's just a hole in the shield they stick a bolter through."
    "Ah, all right then. I think we're in the clear. I'll put through the paperwork and send it off to R&D."

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    A branch somewhere that gets around the no men-at-arms rule by amputating one arm off all their troops.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Ah, the classic Battle Servitor Loophole.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    A branch somewhere that gets around the no men-at-arms rule by amputating one arm off all their troops.

99120108032_ArcoFlagellants01.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    The only reason it's a halberd is because someone thought of having that sweet fleur de lis cutout in the blade.

I'm fine with the weapon but the shield design is pretty bad IMO, a more realistic gothic shield would be better.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Shield doesn't look big enough to make a proper shield wall, to me

People are prone to avoid walls that shoot at them.

• Options
    But... you have to turn the shield sideways to shoot. So it's not a shield wall anymore.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't realize this but I want mounted sister lancers now, a la Ad Mech Dragoons, but more medievaly

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    But it is appropriately sacrificial now of you gotta sacrifice that defense to shoot.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    KetBra wrote: »
    I didn't realize this but I want mounted sister lancers now, a la Ad Mech Dragoons, but more medievaly

On a chair carried by 4 servitors
    But... you have to turn the shield sideways to shoot. So it's not a shield wall anymore.

Perfect.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

It's for when you want to shoot at the guys 90 degrees to the right of the ones shooting at you.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

It's for when you want to shoot at the guys 90 degrees to the right of the ones shooting at you.

You get four sisters standing back to back, and each one takes care of the flank to their right while stabbing and chopping in front of themselves.
    Just like the Spartans did it.

• Options
    Someone posted this on facebook a while ago, but it just nails the look so much better.
    sikdap156agv.png

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I like the model but I don’t think sisters needed yet another melee unit.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

It does actually fill a niche

They don't have any melee heavy infantry, just glass cannons, right now

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

It would be nice if they had more than a single option for troops.

I mean I can't complain since Battle Sisters are a great unit, but more flexibility never hurts.

• Options
    Cant wait for a kill team expansion that will allow me to take max one third of a shield sister

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

You get four sisters standing back to back, and each one takes care of the flank to their right while stabbing and chopping in front of themselves.

Put them on a merry-go-round with two shooting, and two holding their halberds out.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Put them on a merry-go-round with two shooting, and two holding their halberds out.

"If you ain't spinning, you ain't winning"

--Celestine, probably

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    I think I'd like that new Sisters model more if the polearm was a billhook + spear instead of a halberd.

Mostly because billhooks are fucking metal and you never see them used anywhere. "Yes I would like a weapon that lets me stab a dude in the second rank and then decapitate the dude in the first rank as I reset to stab again, also I can trivially yank a dude off a horse."

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Monwyn wrote: »
    I think I'd like that new Sisters model more if the polearm was a billhook + spear instead of a halberd.

Mostly because billhooks are fucking metal and you never see them used anywhere. "Yes I would like a weapon that lets me stab a dude in the second rank and then decapitate the dude in the first rank as I reset to stab again, also I can trivially yank a dude off a horse."

I enjoy that this last criteria would typically be completely irrelevant in a Sci-fi setting...

.....but we have admech mecha cavalry.

Also probably squig riders

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Also Rough Riders and various bikers. Krootox probably count too.
    Actually, now I think about it, how many codexes don’t have someone that rides something else (enclosed vehicles not included)? Tyranids, Imperial Knights… and? Death guard maybe?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Monwyn wrote: »

A pretty easy modification

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Actually, now I think about it, how many codexes don’t have someone that rides something else (enclosed vehicles not included)? Tyranids, Imperial Knights… and? Death guard maybe?

Depends on whether or not you include the Nurgle demons. Are Plaguebearers on the back of giant maggots still a thing? I think they're still a thing.

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    It counts

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Again, sisters model looks cool, but halberd & shield is a bit too normal. What if it was a spiked chariot wheel, or censer mace or a pain candelabra.

I just mostly want the Sisters range to look like something from Blasphemous.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Tyranid guns are living creatures. So technically any Tyranid gun is riding the main Tyranid organism.

• Options
    In building one of the raiders I felt I should have heated it or such it was not warped but putting the hull halves together was a pain then mast and sail were horrible as it would not fit into the holes I ended up shaving off the posts

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    rumour engine today is surprisingly unobscure. Rejoice Genestealer Cults, the Star Gods are blessing you with reinforcements.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    And the ad mech weapon changes.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/13/praise-the-omnissiah-adeptus-mechanicus-guns-are-deadlier-than-ever/

galvanic rifles now heavy 2, ap-1.
    cognis weapons get more shots, except lascannons that are Dd3+3, and are all assault
    arc rifles get huge boost
    torsion cannons 48", Dd3+3
    plasma culverins only 1 mw when overheating
    transonic blades ap-3, razors ap-2

from the leaked repackaged boxes we also know that all tesla weapons got their ap improved by one.

honovere on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    rumour engine today is surprisingly unobscure. Rejoice Genestealer Cults, the Star Gods are blessing you with reinforcements.

Now the question is whether it's going to be a single character model to go with their updated book, or a broader range of new kits...

• Options
    how many single characters does gsc already have? Is it more than actual units?

• Options
    9 to 10? Characters I don't play GSC even though I have I think enough for a army {I could go play ebay as people are ditching untouched cadian sprues it seems but it would be yet another army}

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    And the ad mech weapon changes.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/13/praise-the-omnissiah-adeptus-mechanicus-guns-are-deadlier-than-ever/

galvanic rifles now heavy 2, ap-1.
    cognis weapons get more shots, except lascannons that are Dd3+3, and are all assault
    arc rifles get huge boost
    torsion cannons 48", Dd3+3
    plasma culverins only 1 mw when overheating
    transonic blades ap-3, razors ap-2

from the leaked repackaged boxes we also know that all tesla weapons got their ap improved by one.

Lots of good stuff here. Ad Mech are looking nice.

God damn in GW. I am focusing on my Deathwatch. Don't do this to me.

u7stthr17eud.png