Options

[WH40K] A Very Aeldari Christmas

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Thinking more about it, the level of detail on damage/ higher wound counts will be really exciting when your humble Guardsman hits a Marine with a krak missle and rolls multiple crits.

Thhhrrrrrrrrpt!

It should also help even out some of the more stupidly resilient units from 1st edition. I think someone was saying Heavy Intercesaors from Pariah Nexus were stupid to play against.

You just have to build a roster that has options for different opponents.

Using Lasguns or Pulse Rifles would be extremely frustrating.

Bring some Plasma, Krak, Rail Rifle, Ion Guns etc

The reverse with Hordes and flamers, frags, or other high shot count weapons. Because you want to make sure you aren’t wasting overkill or too dependent on a single shot from a high power weapon when you have a lot of horde to clear through.

I'm curious and excited to see the full rules. Warcry is well-balanced, but even that has its flaws.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    It'll likely also open up some keyword interactions with strats that will affect shootas but not all assault weapons in the army. Buff the Boyz but not the buggies and stuff like that.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Hairy squigs, make it happen

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Hairy squigs, make it happen

I’ve seen people say to just convert the Gore Gruntas or savage boarboyz but I think that’s too hairy. Also I can’t get over the beard things the gore gruntas have. So I think green stuff hair down the spine with tufts on the backs of their forelegs and maybe a mohawk on the head.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Decoupling units from their army counterparts will mean unplayable and boring shit like Fire Warriors might be interesting

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    RIP to my friend who just finished a beautiful custom Servants of the Abyss kill team tho

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    The movement seems fine to me. It's still in inches, you could still just use a tape measure, but it allows some interesting stat dynamics the way they've designed it.

I found a really good example that actually makes the new measure / move system seem a bit simpler / better than the current system... though not by much.

Rough ground reduces your movement by 1.. so say an Plaguemarine goes from 4 (1" triangle) to 3 (1" triangle), while a Guardsman goes from 3 (2" circle) to 2 (2" circle)

Or charge bonuses that same Plaguemarine go from 4 (1" triangle) to 5 (1" triangle) or for a Harlequin to go from 3 (3" square) to 4 (3" square)

Though looking at the templates, I just found another minor annoyance that they have to use 2 rules for 4 measures, instead of just making the 1 template oblong so that all 4 measures are on the same ruler.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Though looking at the templates, I just found another minor annoyance that they have to use 2 rules for 4 measures, instead of just making the 1 template oblong so that all 4 measures are on the same ruler.
    Please attempt to draw a four sided shape with side lengths of 1, 2, 3 and 6 inches and show us your results.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    There are a million ways to do it, here's a very simple 1, 2, 4, 6, 8

q0db2pz0cnqg.png

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I really like the look of the Krieg stuff and actually there's some conversion stuff for the Kriegers that I've seen that I think are really neat and I'd love to mix and match them with the kill team box stuff

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really like the look of the Krieg stuff and actually there's some conversion stuff for the Kriegers that I've seen that I think are really neat and I'd love to mix and match them with the kill team box stuff

I feel the Kreig is now the start of the fevered dream all plastic guard as current all it's lacking is command and heavy weapons they have not shown
    As if they do other guard units in plastic I know someone might come back to the game or at least get some units. I might res my Steel Legion since I have no idea what I have is playable?

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »
    Please attempt to draw a four sided shape with side lengths of 1, 2, 3 and 6 inches and show us your results.

Add a 5th side.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Add a 5th side.

V=\frac{8\pi ^2r^5}{15}

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Add a 5th side.

V=\frac{8\pi ^2r^5}{15}

don't you do math at me you bloody apostate

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Losing dakka dakka dakka kinda hurts, but my Gorkanaut having 30 shots at 18" should be pretty fun, even if its only hitting on 5s.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    What's the difference between dakka weapons and rapid fire weapons?

Dakka isn't always double the number of shots or whatever. It's just straight up get X at half distance and they don't always map 1:1 with the way rapid fire weapons work. Let's them adjust the numbers cleanly, so you can go to 3/2 or whatever weird numbers they feel like.

I thought rapid fire weapons were now rf 3/2 or whatever? Or am I misremembering? (I haven't played the game for years now due to first other issues and then the pandemic.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    for a while in 6th or 7th edition there was a weapon type that was a bit similar to dakka with two different rates of fire, but it depended on whether you moved or not. Forgot the name of it though.

Rapid fire currently just doubles your shots at half range.

What's unclear about Dakka right now is whether you can advance and shoot with it like an assault weapon or only make a normal move like a rapid fire weapon. I seriously hope it's the former. Otherwise it would be quite the downgrade to alot of the guns that get turned from assault to dakka.

honovere on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Rapidfire is always double the number. Rapidfire 1 shoots twice at half range. Rapidfire 2 shoots 4 times. etc etc.
    6th/7th ed had "salvo" weapons, which were two profiles (ie: salvo 2/5) that shot more if you stood still.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    Rapidfire is always double the number. Rapidfire 1 shoots twice at half range. Rapidfire 2 shoots 4 times. etc etc.
    6th/7th ed had "salvo" weapons, which were two profiles (ie: salvo 2/5) that shot more if you stood still.

You're right; it was the salvo thing I was thinking of.

• Options
    Anyone manage to use battlescribe (I'm on Android)? I can't get any repositories into it.

I originally had the one on appspot on it, but that's been down for some time. Trying to use bsdata crashes the app.

I tried googling it, and no help there. (I found a reddit thread that said "read the BS faq" 🙄 and that's it.)

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Anyone manage to use battlescribe (I'm on Android)? I can't get any repositories into it.

I originally had the one on appspot on it, but that's been down for some time. Trying to use bsdata crashes the app.

I tried googling it, and no help there. (I found a reddit thread that said "read the BS faq" 🙄 and that's it.)

I am pretty sure you have to go through the ones on github and the link there. Mine works still.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    The Ranged Combat article is out.
    • guns are unlimited range unless specified
    • Weapons have two sets of special rules; one that always applies and one that only applies on a critical hit
    • Roll weapons attack dice and count successes based on WS/BS value
    • Roll defence dice and count successes based on save value
    • If there are more attacking successes than defence the outstanding ones do their damage
    • Attack and defence dice both crit on sixes, crits cancel each other but two defence successes can cancel one attack crit too.
    • Critical hits use the second damage value and also apply critical hit special rules.
    • Examples:
      • Flame throwers attack everything within a certain range of the original target, defined by the Torrent rule
      • Snipers do three mortal wounds (unsaveable) on a crit.

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    for a while in 6th or 7th edition there was a weapon type that was a bit similar to dakka with two different rates of fire, but it depended on whether you moved or not. Forgot the name of it though.

Rapid fire currently just doubles your shots at half range.

What's unclear about Dakka right now is whether you can advance and shoot with it like an assault weapon or only make a normal move like a rapid fire weapon. I seriously hope it's the former. Otherwise it would be quite the downgrade to alot of the guns that get turned from assault to dakka.

Salvo.

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    So a crit from the long las would do 3 normal wounds( that can be saved by a crit defence or two normal defense rolls) + 3 mortal wounds (unsavable) is how I read that
    I guess special rules like the Hardened by War 5++ might still work against mortal wounds?

Unclear whether every target within torrent range gets the full amount of attack dice against it or whether the dice are split up.

It kinda looks like you either have unlimited range or really short range as there isn't a gauge for more than 6 inches.

honovere on
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    A KT board is 22"x30" right? So even 6 inches isn't that bad

• Options
    Thinking about it, I think the range rules could work nicely. The unlimited range makes sense for the small scale (less abstract than the ranges in 40k) and takes out a lot of time consuming measuring on terrain-heavy boards.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, Warcry does have ranges on missile weapons, but with those small boards even something fairly short like 18-24" is basically always in range, and those are fantasy bows and stuff, sci-fi guns being able to hit the whole board makes sense to me, and ideally the terrain will be dense enough that games won't just be shooting galleries.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I am pretty sure you have to go through the ones on github and the link there. Mine works still.

What's the link?

• Options
    In the past, there was a hit modifier depending on range.

The new system gets rid or that so you have the same chance to hit a model 6” away as 24” away.

Also, this new system of the defender getting to roll their wound/armor roll all at once with them getting critical successes is something from Underworlds I’m not looking forward to returning to.

I’d be interested in seeing the math on how many lasgun volleys it will take on average to kill a guardsman.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You're also not one-shotting models even with a straight line of sight, I think.

guardsman shooting another guardsman:
    Lasgun gets on average to hits of which one gets cancelled by a save -> 2 damage on a 7 wounds profile

Let one of the two hits be a crit: one save still cancels the 2d hit -> 3 damage

• Options
    Really I am now very curious if the kings of kill team will lose their throne? The Harlequins

• Options
    edited July 2021
    In the past, there was a hit modifier depending on range.

The new system gets rid or that so you have the same chance to hit a model 6” away as 24” away.

Also, this new system of the defender getting to roll their wound/armor roll all at once with them getting critical successes is something from Underworlds I’m not looking forward to returning to.

I’d be interested in seeing the math on how many lasgun volleys it will take on average to kill a guardsman.

I whipped up a short script to find out.

Assuming all crits will have to be cancelled (if possible) before you're allowed to cancel regular hits, it'll take a lasgun-wielding kriegsman on average of 2.8 rounds of shooting to kill his identical twin brother, with a standard deviation of 1.2. If my math is correct.

90% chance it will take 4 rounds or less.

57y5jhhz1529.jpg

[Expletive deleted] on
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    We also don't know how models degrade yet. If you chip a guardsman down 3 or 4 wounds, he might be pretty useless.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    The Ranged Combat article is out.
    • guns are unlimited range unless specified
    • Weapons have two sets of special rules; one that always applies and one that only applies on a critical hit
    • Roll weapons attack dice and count successes based on WS/BS value
    • Roll defence dice and count successes based on save value
    • If there are more attacking successes than defence the outstanding ones do their damage
    • Attack and defence dice both crit on sixes, crits cancel each other but two defence successes can cancel one attack crit too.
    • Critical hits use the second damage value and also apply critical hit special rules.
    • Examples:
      • Flame throwers attack everything within a certain range of the original target, defined by the Torrent rule
      • Snipers do three mortal wounds (unsaveable) on a crit.

Somebody's been playing Infinity. Naughty GW employees!

I like it.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    "Range pentagon torrent circle"

Good system, awesome

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    A long las on the other hand has a pretty good chance to kill another guardsman I think. A crit doing already 3+3 damage

• Options
    So a crit from the long las would do 3 normal wounds( that can be saved by a crit defence or two normal defense rolls) + 3 mortal wounds (unsavable) is how I read that
    I guess special rules like the Hardened by War 5++ might still work against mortal wounds?

Unclear whether every target within torrent range gets the full amount of attack dice against it or whether the dice are split up.

It kinda looks like you either have unlimited range or really short range as there isn't a gauge for more than 6 inches.
    I feel like there’s design space for a “3◼️” range weapon or something like that given the example of the 3⚪️ movement dudes.

I definitely want to know that answer about Torrent too.

As for hardened by war… I’m not actually sure I want it to? I mean yeah it’s cinematic and all, running barefoot over broken glass etc. but it always feels weird when dudes shrug headshots. Maybe I need to think backwards and assume the ones they don’t save are the headshots…

• Options
    Just assume he has a metal plate in his head.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

I feel like there’s design space for a “3◼️” range weapon or something like that given the example of the 3⚪️ movement dudes.

I definitely want to know that answer about Torrent too.

As for hardened by war… I’m not actually sure I want it to? I mean yeah it’s cinematic and all, running barefoot over broken glass etc. but it always feels weird when dudes shrug headshots. Maybe I need to think backwards and assume the ones they don’t save are the headshots…

The Emperor protects, but who says they're shrugging off headshots? They take a shot that'd put a rookie down because they've learned from experience how to fight through pain, injury, and firing a lasgun with just one good arm.

• Options
    Talking about that hardened by war model, I really like that he's wearing his coat over his bionic arm. Way too many 40k models leave their bionic limps totally exposed.

Even if it looks like it must've been quite the struggle to get that arm into the coat :)