Options

🖥️🎮 - Legend of Keepers, Insurmountable and Clan O'Conall out today!

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Brought to you by the kind of people who think dead baby jokes and Family Guy are funny, I guess.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    this "what if Guybrush Threepwood was a sexist, racist asshole?" series has too many entries.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    unfortunately being edgelord trash doesn't disqualify you from having purchasing power

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    3clips3 wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    Well now you need to tell us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWLGPi5o0Uc

I should note that this isn't optional. You are required to do this to proceed in the story, because you need the.. 'item' to solve a puzzle.

what the FUCK

Oh my god this is nothing

Y'all should see the racist organ grinder monkey puzzle you have to do to progress in the third game

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

I should note that this isn't optional. You are required to do this to proceed in the story, because you need the.. 'item' to solve a puzzle.

what the FUCK

Y'all should see the racist organ grinder monkey puzzle you have to do to progress in the third game

Thanks, I hate it.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

what the FUCK

oh wow all this time I was assuming the video was that.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    My free Epic Game Store games thoughts:
    Deponia is trash, don't even have that shit in your library
    The First Tree is intensely dull. The nicest thing I can say is that "free" is the perfect price for it, and it will only waste an hour or so of your life.
    Pillars of the Earth is pretty good! The only game for this week that I heartily recommend.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    yeah it's a pretty weak.. week. but next week is alien isolation, so maybe I can get scared by a big ol xenomorph

• Options
    edited April 2021
    double

Jars on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

what the FUCK

Thanks, I hate it.

deponia is the series that just keeps digging

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I've added every free Epic game so far without really playing any of them, but this I will have to skip. Yikes...

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

what the FUCK

lol oh yeaaaah I remember that one now, it wasn't bad enough to just make it evil and sleazy they had to make it a point to have very racist implications to it too.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

what the FUCK

lol oh yeaaaah I remember that one now, it wasn't bad enough to just make it evil and sleazy they had to make it a point to have very racist implications to it too.

It's maybe the single most racist thing I've ever seen in a video game

And I've seen both Shadow Warrior AND that one character from Deus Ex!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

TEXT:
    Resident Evil 4 VR announced for Oculus Quest 2 https://gematsu.com/2021/04/resident-evil-4-vr-announced-for-oculus-quest-2
    6:53 PM · Apr 15, 2021
    Share this Tweet

Dead by Daylight: Resident Evil Chapter launches in June https://gematsu.com/2021/04/dead-by-daylight-resident-evil-chapter-launches-in-june
    Share this Tweet

Resident Evil Village time limited demo and Mercenaries Mode announced https://gematsu.com/2021/04/resident-evil-village-time-limited-demo-and-mercenaries-mode-announced
    Share this Tweet

New look at Resident Evil Infinite Darkness

Takes place after RE4, inside the White House

Coming July #ResidentEvilShowcase
    6:17 PM · Apr 15, 2021
    Share this Tweet

PS4/5 users will get early access to the Resident Evil Village demo #ResidentEvilShowcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nPVUYYC8fQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH0eL_I_l0g

looks like PC players aren't getting all of the early demo/preview stuff, playstation only

Brolo on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ok that DBD re crossover has me interested

please be nemesis or birkin

also bring back rebecca and billy!

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Don't a bunch of the RE devs just like... hate Rebecca for some reason?

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »

she's only been in two games!

the one where she was playable was one of the worst in the series

and then she's in a non-canon movie that's bad and she does nothing

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

She does less than nothing, she is damselled by the bad guy who kidnaps her, dresses her in a wedding dress, and menaces her while she's helpless.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

She does less than nothing, she is damselled by the bad guy who kidnaps her, dresses her in a wedding dress, and menaces her while she's helpless.

god I forgot about that

thanks

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I've added every free Epic game so far without really playing any of them, but this I will have to skip. Yikes...
    We've had worse on EGS, like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, whose developers said quality shit like "there were no black people in medieval Europe" when asked why their games featured an all white cast.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I feel Resident Evil has done the "The president of the USA is caught up in a Zombie Outbreak" thing before.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    That was RE6.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I remember the Rock Paper Shotgun reviews of the Deponia series.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/wot-i-think-goodbye-deponia
    WX7SG54.jpg

For example. Of the very few black characters in the game, one of them is being forced to be an organ grinder's monkey. Yes, a monkey. A puzzle (of sorts) at that stage in the game is to first get rid of the organ grinder, and then to find a replacement monkey, so that Monkey - as it persists in calling him - can become the new grinder. The person you're required to have become his new dancing monkey, by destroying her life until she has nothing left? The other black character.

And the way you get her to take the job? You literally sell her.

I want to assume that this isn't a directly and deliberately racist statement, but rather the result of abject stupidity. But it remains what it is, and what it is, is plain grotesque. Meanwhile, there's no mistaking the deliberate choice to offer a pathetic portrayal of a Chinese stereotype, complete with Ls swapped with Rs.

R9Se587.jpg
    And then there's the game's grotesque representation and attitude toward women. Within the opening moments of the game, one character has already suggested that a female character's mentally ill behaviour is because she's on her period. Women are sex objects, lunatics, sluts or only identified as fat. Two women who've joined the resistance army are described as "dressing like men", and laughed at for thinking they can have army titles. One is taking hormones to be acceptable. PMT jokes abound, and the female lead - Goal - improbably falls in love with the revolting main character despite every dreadful thing he's done and said.
    Oh wait, I forgot to mention the scene in which you deliberately lead children into a dark caravan inhabited by a paedophile. And then later create an ink rubbing of the paedophile's penis to create a Rorschach test. Which you can then show to children.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    jee

zuz

christ

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hopefully everyone is excited to play their next game, The Lord Of The Rings: Gollum

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Hopefully everyone is excited to play their next game, The Lord Of The Rings: Gollum

there's no way they could turn a wholesome guy like Gollum into a toxic character

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Doomsday, which came out in 2016, managed to somehow be worse

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/deponia-doomsday-review
    Along the way you encounter a series of stereotypes for Rufus to insult, which leads to one particularly repellently transphobic sequence. There's a large, gruff, hairy character in a bar, who makes some remark about how, "You'd see me in a pink dress before I'd..." etc. Cue Toni kicking the shit out of him for something, and his emerging from the bar in a pink dress, wig, and awkward make-up, clutching at his groin. This, we're asked to enjoy, means she's come to realise she's a woman. But HA HA HA! She's so hairy and manly, not like a lady one bit!

Rufus can insult her in a series of ways, but the key one is to point out that her legs are too hairy for her to be a woman (no, really), and then, through a convoluted and ludicrous sequence of puzzles that your brain would switch off if I tried to plot out, you get her some wax in exchange for her "ladyshave" electric razor. You know, so you can shave off the fake beard you stuck to a child's face and then got covered in bees. (On top deliberately insulting portions, the game is so astonishingly thoughtless. On encountering the very first non-white character in the game, one member of a mixed-race couple moving into a house, Rufus's only remark on looking at either is, "Huh, there goes the neighbourhood." I'm sure it wasn't meant specifically, but fuck me, how did no one flag it up as a problem?)

Luckily, the game is not part of the trilogy so is not included in the complete trilogy

Couscous on
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    That was RE6.

Fucking christ, I've played that game and I completely forgot.....all about it.

• Options
    Everything about the Deponia series makes me think it's devs are just.....bad people.

Like in their heart. Awful bad people.

• Options
    I kind of want to play through it for the director's commentary

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Don't read any steam comments about the Deponia series. Especially ones in reply to questions about the racism. Hooo boy. The mental gymnastics people go to to defend the devs is, well, not surprising anymore, but still rough. The best/worse ones were that the devs are German so obviously they can't be racist again black people.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'd try it

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I desire pickles soaked in B vitamins with an ABV of 9% and 175mg of THC and caffiene per pickle, bring them immediately

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I desire pickles soaked in B vitamins with an ABV of 9% and 175mg of THC and caffiene per pickle, bring them immediately

Holy shit, I gotta write up a business plan...

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

not so fast remember hobnail only pays with buttons

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I will also perform services in lieu of payment

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

not so fast remember hobnail only pays with buttons

Buttons of shiny brass and weathered bone!

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I'd try it

Yeah I'd give it a shot, but I know it's gonna be bad

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Do those monster pickles have no skin?

This discussion has been closed.