Options

🖥️🎮 - Legend of Keepers, Insurmountable and Clan O'Conall out today!

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Brolo wrote: »

Just testing how well the new softwrap can map the topology on an exaggerated facial expression.

This wouldn't be possible in the first version.

#blender #b3d https://t.co/QLiarwtUh0
    tqbmij0a5qgd.gif

Peas on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    In Kenshi is it is frustratingly hard to get your right arm chopped off. Any other limb? You betcha. Your right arm? Attached to your body with the strong nuclear force.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    And that...is a negative?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I should really go back and finish God of War.

How far was I if I got up to the point of
    Kratos telling Atreus about being a god?

• Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I should really go back and finish God of War.

How far was I if I got up to the point of
    Kratos telling Atreus about being a god?

I wanna say, like, 2/3rds? It's got a lot of subsequent plot, but I think you've visited most places by that point.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    And that...is a negative?
    robotic prosthetic arms... punch good.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    What annoyed me about the new God of War is that
    they only ever show him feeling guilt about killing his dad. Like patricide is the worst sin he committed. Or as if being a god was what made him do those things. Guy did many, many vile things and I think killing Zeus was maybe the least of them? So I never felt like the new game actually reckoned with what was so reprehensible about the older ones or at least enough to make me care for Kratos.

Apart from that, I thought the character relationships were a real strong point but the actual plot or the pacing of it didn't work all that well for me. So I came away from the game with some mixed feelings.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Dad of Boy was one of my favorite games of last gen and a lot of that is due it to pushing some real specific story and characterization buttons for me

But I also thought the combat was really satisfying and the character-building systems were fun, so the gameplay and adventure stuff worked for me too

It’s not perfect by any means, any criticism of its story and how it handles one of its major characters is justified, and Kratos’ big shame/tragedy isn’t even tied to his most heinous action from his previous games... but damn it I adored playing through that fuckin’ thing

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wait so Kratos big secret shame thing is that he brutally bashed out the brains of Zeus? That guys an asshole! If anybody deserves their brains brutally bashed it's that jerk! Thats like the least awful thing Kratos did over all those games he should feel worse about all the centaurs he ripped in half butthole first or whatever

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Some people talking about gods and war and some people talking about robot arms and I’m here like...

Why not both?

tpw67vs9by7x.jpeg

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Wait so Kratos big secret shame thing is that he brutally bashed out the brains of Zeus? That guys an asshole! If anybody deserves their brains brutally bashed it's that jerk! Thats like the least awful thing Kratos did over all those games he should feel worse about all the centaurs he ripped in half butthole first or whatever

I've never seen any God of War games. Does Kratos do to centaurs what Arthur Morgan does to rabbits?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I tooled around in Talespire last night and I don't think I even care about the game potential. I just like building my dollhouse.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Some people talking about gods and war and some people talking about robot arms and I’m here like...

Why not both?

tpw67vs9by7x.jpeg

PC port when.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I tooled around in Talespire last night and I don't think I even care about the game potential. I just like building my dollhouse.

If you haven't already, check out

https://talesbazaar.com/

It's a site for sharing your creations, you can also import other people's work on to your boards.

• Options
    Well goodbye everyone Brolo has condemned be to never return from my basement

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

Believe me if there’s one question I want to ask the writers on that game it’s why they felt like the Zeus thing was The Big Thing and not, like, everything else

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

I've never seen any God of War games. Does Kratos do to centaurs what Arthur Morgan does to rabbits?

It's like if Arthur was screaming his rageful hate at the rabbit and there is lightning exploding out of his hands as he does it

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Man it's been awhile, but I don't remember Kratos' secret shame being that he offed Zeus, it's that they are gods and that inherently comes with a fucked up mind set that almost gets his kid killed/become mentally a jerkbag cause "lol we godz."

I imagine Kratos would have regretfully offed his own kid if he became another jerkbag god. But hey that's me and it's been awhile.

• Options
    Finally found where my photos go.

IyviTllh.png

That's from tooling around for about a half hour last night. Assets are definitely limited at the moment but damn this is easy to use.

• Options
    AND NOW I HAVE MASTERED MAKING A ROOF

No more sunlight for you Mr. Rooster

• Options
    Okay last one I promise. I'm pretty happy with the interior.

cIHrwOth.png

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    they only ever show him feeling guilt about killing his dad. Like patricide is the worst sin he committed. Or as if being a god was what made him do those things. Guy did many, many vile things and I think killing Zeus was maybe the least of them? So I never felt like the new game actually reckoned with what was so reprehensible about the older ones or at least enough to make me care for Kratos.

Apart from that, I thought the character relationships were a real strong point but the actual plot or the pacing of it didn't work all that well for me. So I came away from the game with some mixed feelings.

this is.. not really true at all?
    the entire game kratos is teaching atreus to kill only when all other avenues have been exhausted
    multiple scenes make it extremely clear that he feels disgust and remorse for his past life

like, if you want kratos to come out and say 'I'm super sorry for killing all those people' you have sorely misunderstood how his character operates, but it is very clear he does

• Options
    kratos does not talk about feelings because 75% of the games message is that toxic masculinity and violence are cyclical and if nobody breaks the pattern it will be passed onto your children

• Options

TEXT:
    Gabe Newell accepting the award. "Independent game developers are the bedrock of our industry" #IPA21 https://t.co/CGD4VB985k

this is insulting on so many levels

• Options
    Lmao. Lol

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Bard's Tale 1 is not a remotely deep game but why did I spend hours on it so far

Turns out magic users can only class change to another magic class once per class so now I have a magic user that can't get all the spells and I really don't want to have to replace them

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

TEXT:
    Gabe Newell accepting the award. "Independent game developers are the bedrock of our industry" #IPA21 https://t.co/CGD4VB985k

this is insulting on so many levels

"Anime titty games" are the bedrock of our community more like

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

this is.. not really true at all?
    the entire game kratos is teaching atreus to kill only when all other avenues have been exhausted
    multiple scenes make it extremely clear that he feels disgust and remorse for his past life

like, if you want kratos to come out and say 'I'm super sorry for killing all those people' you have sorely misunderstood how his character operates, but it is very clear he does
    I felt that way because the only actions from his past that the game has Kratos contend with is the killing of his father. The whole game Kratos has only been vaguely alluding to his past and I think about two-thirds of the way in, when he has to deal with his guilt, the game chooses to do so through the spectre of Zeus who explicitly calls him out for murdering his own father. I felt they were very clearly trying to frame Kratos' apprehensions about his relationship with his son as being driven by the nature of his own relationship with Zeus. In the original God of War trilogy, whenever they wanted to show the source of Kratos' angst, they would show vignettes of him murdering his wife and child. Here, whenever Kratos is supposed to feel Guilt, it is more often than not linked to Zeus. Maybe not each time, but it is a motif that repeats again and again.

At least that's what I remember from the game.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Because, as the nickname title for the game indicates, it's all about dads and sons

Kratos's relationship with his own dad is not, to us, the most salient point about his character, but in the writing of the game it's clearly important to him re: his relationship with his own kid

It's not as strong or elegant as I'd like but it's the theme of the game

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Because, as the nickname title for the game indicates, it's all about dads and sons

Kratos's relationship with his own dad is not, to us, the most salient point about his character, but in the writing of the game it's clearly important to him re: his relationship with his own kid

It's not as strong or elegant as I'd like but it's the theme of the game

Yeah, I get why they did it. It just didn’t interest me much.

I also get that most game directors at big studios are middle-aged white men but I hope “prestige” games will try to address other topics than fatherhood.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZlM4pHJ5_c
    Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was the birth of everything that makes the series great

Silent Assassin is in many ways "the first" Hitman game, laying the ground work the modern trilogy stands on today.

finally i can post these incandescent takes without fear of... reprisal

Tube on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Tube left a backdoor just to destroy anyone who says nice things about silent assassin

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I got a real hankering today to play Simon the Sorcerer, I never actually completed it when I played it years ago. No idea what suddenly made me think of it.

Steam has the 25th Anniversary remaster but according to the reviews it's rubbish.

Is there a legitimate way to get hold of those old Scumm games in a format that will play on modern PCs?

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I got a real hankering today to play Simon the Sorcerer, I never actually completed it when I played it years ago. No idea what suddenly made me think of it.

Steam has the 25th Anniversary remaster but according to the reviews it's rubbish.

Is there a legitimate way to get hold of those old Scumm games in a format that will play on modern PCs?

Gog has em

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Tube left a backdoor just to destroy anyone who says nice things about silent assassin
    SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATE

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Gog has em

Seems they have the same version as Steam, which for whatever reason gets a bunch of 1 star reviews. I'm almost tempted to buy it just to find out what the remaster does that is so bad.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Darmak wrote: »

Gog has em

Seems they have the same version as Steam, which for whatever reason gets a bunch of 1 star reviews. I'm almost tempted to buy it just to find out what the remaster does that is so bad.
    Holy CRAP that filter they applied to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_niHrfnaHdQ
    75gwi1jwu6q1.jpg

This is a crime.

Glal on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    And apparently when these were put out the publisher made GoG take down the originals they were selling before, and doubled the games' prices for the privilege.

Glal on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Sounds like the LotR MMO Amazon was working on is now just as dead as... Pretty much every other game Amazon was working on

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
This discussion has been closed.