As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Legend of Keepers, Insurmountable and Clan O'Conall out today!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    speaking of terrible ideas like drug abuse,

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-04-06-nintendo-xbox-and-ubisoft-back-digital-only-e3-2021
    E3 2021 will return this June in digital form, and has been backed by Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two, Warner Bros and Koch Media.

It's a strong line-up, especially with the two platform holders on-board, however there are some notable absentees, including Sony, EA, Activision Blizzard, Sega, Bandai Namco and Square Enix. The event takes place between June 12 and June 15, so there is still time for other publishers to sign up.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    New Humble Choice is up...

bfgi9dwwfy26.png

It's... not for me.

Edit: At least the charity it supports this month is Stop AAPI Hate.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    In Other Waters is extremely good, so if there's at least one other game on the list you'd like to try, pick up the month.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    TEXT:
    nhabitants, the day is here.

Oddworld: Soulstorm is available worldwide on the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and The Epic Games Store. Our sincere thanks to @Unity3d, @Microids_off, @PlayStation, and @EpicGames and to all of you on this momentous day! #OddworldSoulstorm
    Oddworld: Soulstorm represents a big visual and cinematic leap. With intelligent new mechanics and twisted new devices which enable highly explosive deviousness. This is a dark parable that tells an epic tale of a volatile society pushed to its limits.
    20210406 Oddworld Soulstorm (EGS, Platformer, Action, Puzzle)
    TEXT:
    Behold The AVATAR OF SHADOW! ☠️ ☠️ ☠️
    This is one of the final Shadow talents, and it's quite fun to play.

The Slormancer enters Early Access on April 6!

Wishlist:
    ⚔️ On Steam: https://buff.ly/2NXvis0
    ⚔️ On GOG: https://bit.ly/2NPA3pM

#rpg #gaming #gamedev #indie
    Fight hordes of enemies led by The Slormancer, an evil warlock from the past, in an absurd yet epic Action RPG! Featuring loads of shiny loot, tons of collectibles, countless hours of content, a frenetic gameplay and carefully crafted pixel art.
    20210406 Slormancer EA (Hack and Slash, Dungeon Crawler, Action, RPG)
    TEXT:
    Lost Words is OUT NOW on PS4, Xbox One and Switch, and releasing later today on Steam, Epic, GOG and Humble.

@rhipratchett and @MarkBackler will be doing a livestream and answering your questions at 5pm GMT on our Steam page here:
    An atmospheric narrative adventure written by Rhianna Pratchett. Set between the pages of a diary and a fantasy story where you run on words and use them to interact with the world around you.
    20210406 Lost Words (Side Scroller, 2D Platformer, Puzzle Platformer)
    TEXT:
    Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer...

Go on a centuries long voyage to colonize a distant planet, in a party-based isometric game inspired by Heinlein's Orphans of the Sky ✨

🚀 Colony Ship: A Post-Earth RPG –10% | https://bit.ly/3mpltST | @IronTowerStudio
    Colony Ship is a turn-based, party-based role-playing game set aboard a generation ship launched to Proxima Centauri. The game features a detailed skill-based character system, multiple ways to handle quests, choices & consequences, and branching dialogue trees.
    20210406 Colony Ship EA (Early Access, Party-Based RPG, Choices Matter)

Brolo on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Definitely the weakest month in awhile, but they've kind of been on a roll lately

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ucdYUDKGhQ

20210406 Unbeatable White Label Demo

this is kickstarting now, there's a demo for it coming today as well

the style looks kinda cool! reminds me a bit of FLCL and jet grind radio

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I believe the restriction is there cannot be depicted any beneficial or positive effect of doing drugs, and you can get various physical and mental buffs from them in Disco

So is Fallout out then too?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I believe the restriction is there cannot be depicted any beneficial or positive effect of doing drugs, and you can get various physical and mental buffs from them in Disco

Bethesda infamously changed entire drugs in Fallout because of Australia (from real stuff like morphine to fictional names).

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

Bethesda infamously changed entire drugs in Fallout because of Australia (from real stuff like morphine to fictional names).

norphine

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Drugs are cool and doing drugs makes you cool

• Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Is there any game folks like that's like a building/management game but for green spaces instead of paving things over? Playing Subnautica has me wanting to build a gigantic aquarium or something. I feel like Among Ripples is the closest to what I'm looking for but it is also both not out yet and seemed a little too simple.

@durandal4532 there's Megaquarium that has you managing an aquarium. I haven't played it, but the steam reviews seem to be pretty positive.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

Ohh so they only care if you imply that real drugs are good? You can like chow down on mentats forever?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/06/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-april-2021/
    Game Pass for April doesn't have much for PC players
    April 8:
    • GTA V (Console/Cloud)
    • Zombie Army 4 (Console/Cloud/PC)
    • Disneyland Adventure (Cloud)
    • Rush: A Disney/Pixar Adventure (Cloud)
    April 12:
    • NHL 21 (Console)
    April 15th:
    • Rain on Your Parade (Console/Cloud/PC)
    • Pathway (PC)
    April 20th:
    • MLB The Show 21 (Console/Cloud)

Leaving Game Pass:
    April 15th:
    • Deliver Us The Moon (Console/PC)
    • Gato Roboto (Console/PC)
    • Wargroove (Console/PC)
    April 16th:
    • Madden 15-18, 25 (Console)
    • NHL 18 and 19 (Console)

• Options
    Is there any game folks like that's like a building/management game but for green spaces instead of paving things over? Playing Subnautica has me wanting to build a gigantic aquarium or something. I feel like Among Ripples is the closest to what I'm looking for but it is also both not out yet and seemed a little too simple.

In Cloud Gardens players must harness the power of nature to overgrow lo-fi scenes of urban decay and manufactured landscapes. By planting seeds in the right places, they’re able to create small overgrown dioramas of brutalism and beauty, salvaging and repurposing hundreds of discarded objects to create unique structures for nature to reclaim.

20200909 Cloud Gardens EA (chill, gardening, nature, lo-fi)

maybe Cloud Gardens?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Drugs are cool and doing drugs makes you cool

a drug is anything that alters the mind

so if a nice symphony creates a calming effect on you it's a drug!

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ucdYUDKGhQ

20210406 Unbeatable White Label Demo

this is kickstarting now, there's a demo for it coming today as well

the style looks kinda cool! reminds me a bit of FLCL and jet grind radio

The demo hits Steam in about 2 hours from this post, every week for the duration of the Kickstarter it will be updated with more content and become a stand-alone side story for the game.
    RTdVDNe.png

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    That's some good system reqs

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    IkFyMcW.jpg

i need to know if it's compatible with my gravis ultrasound MAX

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Apparently sound cards aren't good for video games they cause more audio delay

edit: video for where I learned this thing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTuZvRF-OgE

asofyeun on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I knew Oddworld Soulstorm was a thing, but I had no idea it was coming out now. It kinda felt like something that was never gonna come out.

I guess I have lost track of when game releases are, in general.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    My first computer for whatever reason came with an Awe32 sound card. I kept that thing around until motherboards stopped coming with ISA slots. It had such good sound quality.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I used to buy soundblasters but their driver quality cratered in the mid-2000's

they always made my system unstable, and they'd stop supporting them really quickly as well

these days I just buy gaming motherboards and use built-in audio

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    honestly even barebones motherboards have adequate sound processing now and have for a decade, you don't even need gaming-targeted stuff

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    For headphones I finally splurged on some good cans and a nice DAC and Amp and love it.

I do miss my old Klipsch 4.1 Promedias for regular speakers, but I have a decent set of Logitech's that get the job done.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Creative have always been a garbage company, they repeatedly removed features from older cards in driver upgrades, so they could push sales of their new cards. Personally I have a nice pair of headphones and a FiiO to drive them- onboard soundcards are way, way better than they used to be, however they mostly can't drive meaty headphones (mine are 250 ohm, so, they need some juice) and over the years I've grown paranoid about coil whine and crosstalk. I've just had too many bad soundcards and onboard cards where I upgraded my headphones and could suddenly hear them kick in under load. No real risk of that when the bit that generates sound is external to the PC itself.

Glal on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Classification in Australia is also a state matter, so while there's mostly a consensus (if still a restrictive one) since R18 for games came into effect in 2013, Western Australia and South Australia still restrict promotion of R games and it's been that way since 2013.

But yeah, the Fallout example proves how much of a joke our classification board is.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    If you pick up SoulStorm please have hours of fun with the part I worked on.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    That's so fuckin' cool, yo!

It makes me nostalgic for the Mario 64 "fuck with Mario's face" gag, but it's even better

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I haven't played odd world since 2. I should probably fix that.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The recent Yu-Gi-Oh games allow you to mess with the developer logo (it's a fish so you can spin it with one stick and the eye with the other) and I always do it without fail when I boot it up.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    wait, hold on

Soulstorm is real?!

it's real and it's OUT?!?!

man, I have incredible memories of that series

I'm also probably the only person with fond recollection of Munch's Oddyssey

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    But does the new Oddworld game have a dedicated fart button?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I think Munch's Oddyssey tried to sell itself as being an Ubisoft type open world before that concept even existed

on the PS2 and original xbox

https://youtu.be/_vLAO_O3VSM

didn't Lorne Lanning say once that this whole trailer was essentially a very clever get around through sony's tech NDA?

fake edit: yeah, here he is saying it on Giant Bomb

https://youtu.be/RuM6FagqQ20

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    now I've said it before but good god Lorne Lanning is an attractive man

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Am I good to just jump straight into Soulstorm if the last Oddworld game I played was the original?

• Options
    absolutely you are

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Classification in Australia is also a state matter, so while there's mostly a consensus (if still a restrictive one) since R18 for games came into effect in 2013, Western Australia and South Australia still restrict promotion of R games and it's been that way since 2013.

But yeah, the Fallout example proves how much of a joke our classification board is.

Fallout was a dumb situation, but understandable.

You’re not allowed to show drug use , particularly with positive effects.

Chems were too close to real world drugs - med-x was even called morphine and had a very obvious intravenous system in view, which immediately was a no-no to the board since there’s already a system in place they don’t like, but then they just straight up used a real world drug.

Seems renaming med-x was enough to convince the board to let it go.

I’m not familiar with Disco Elysium, but I know enough about it that this might be a similar situation, though why they’re picking on consoles might be about age demographics (even if they are very outdated ideas of who plays console games).

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    If I recall in Disco there are weirdo wackadoo drugs and also just like, crank

• Options
    afaik there's just one weird drug but it's alcohol that's Been Through Some Shit

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm a square that had my saddest cop not consume any alcohol or drugs during my entire play-through.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.