As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Legends of Runeterra] Vault skip has arrived! Hooray!

15051525355

Posts

  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The PoC changes seem really superficial? Like Lab of Legends to PoC 1.0 seemed way more significant.

    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So I went ahead and paid for the event pass. This is a new thing right? Before, some of this would have just been added permanently to the end of a region road. While it's good that I can access it immediately, it's bad for players that come after because this won't be around after a month.

  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So I went ahead and paid for the event pass. This is a new thing right? Before, some of this would have just been added permanently to the end of a region road. While it's good that I can access it immediately, it's bad for players that come after because this won't be around after a month.

    At this point there's so much region road stuff that new players will be working through it well past when they need it for a solid collection. I played daily for a few months after not touching the game since beta and ended up with multiple T1 ladder decks and a boatload of resources to spend on new ones, but only had four regions completed. And only one was an expanded one.

    Putting it on an event pass means a new player can progress both and accelerate their progress, rather than having an extra reward six months down the line.

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's a double edged sword. Good that I can get those rewards now, but bad for later players that won't have access to this track when it expires

    MNC Dover
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a double edged sword. Good that I can get those rewards now, but bad for later players that won't have access to this track when it expires

    Yeah, it's a bit rough. I will say that 10 roads with 30 levels each will provide tons of value for new players and give them something to keep reaching for over a long period of time. Thankfully, LoR is actually free-to-play and most players will have tons of cards and resources in a reasonable period of time.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    New Thralls is amazingly consistent. You never brick from not hitting a Thrall anymore, worst case scenario is that you just don't get to quad Thrall.

    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    MNC Dover
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited June 8
    https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/game-updates/we-re-refocusing-on-pvp/
    At the same time that we are refocusing on PvP and slowing down our efforts on the Path of Champions game mode, Riot has so many projects that could benefit from all we have learned with you in our experiments so far. Without any spoilers I can say that we’re planning to share the love by redeploying a few of our game developers who have learned a lot from you to support some other projects around Riot, some of which are already live and playable, and some of which are in our R&D pipeline which I know you’re excited to get your hands on. So if you are one of our players who loves LoR, and especially the Path of Champions, you can look forward to seeing glimmers of LoR’s influence in other games from Riot soon.


    Of course this happens right as I get into this game...

    edit: although, this is a bit more comforting not much better:

    ObiFett on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Rito is just as much of a disaster behind the scenes as Actiblizz

    t1iylq0d7o1p.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I have a wait-and-see approach to LoR. The PvE mode is fun, even if it doesn't get much support after the fact. Focusing on PvP is probably the best choice for the life (and monetary value) of the game.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Heck, I'm a little surprised there's literally nothing you can spend money on if you really enjoy Path to bling yourself out. Since you can't use skins or playmats or anything in there.

    I'm honestly not a little surprised they hit massive scope creep with Path. When they announced putting Expeditions on hiatus to focus on it, that was a little warning bell. And really... I could see them not wanting to have a Hearthstone on their hands where all the PvE stuff causes the client to bloat up massively on the mobile client.

    Maybe Path could get broken out to it's own button on the Play menu and we can get Labs back? Or they could be focusing on getting the new limited environment up and running.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited June 8
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Heck, I'm a little surprised there's literally nothing you can spend money on if you really enjoy Path to bling yourself out. Since you can't use skins or playmats or anything in there.

    I'm honestly not a little surprised they hit massive scope creep with Path. When they announced putting Expeditions on hiatus to focus on it, that was a little warning bell. And really... I could see them not wanting to have a Hearthstone on their hands where all the PvE stuff causes the client to bloat up massively on the mobile client.

    Maybe Path could get broken out to it's own button on the Play menu and we can get Labs back? Or they could be focusing on getting the new limited environment up and running.

    I'm basically through Path and still don't have 4 of the champions even unlocked despite having 3 champs at 3 stars and 3 other champs at 2 stars. I'm guessing they will monetize it in the near future by adding the ability to buy shards of the champions.

    ObiFett on
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    For me as a mostly PVP player, they've just priced everything too high. At $10 per board, I'll buy maybe one a year max. If they were $4, or maaaybe $5, I'd probably buy four a year. Same thing with guardains. At $6 each, I'm rarely spending anything on them. If they were $2 a pop, I'd probably have bought most of the collection by now.

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Heck, I'm a little surprised there's literally nothing you can spend money on if you really enjoy Path to bling yourself out. Since you can't use skins or playmats or anything in there.

    I'm honestly not a little surprised they hit massive scope creep with Path. When they announced putting Expeditions on hiatus to focus on it, that was a little warning bell. And really... I could see them not wanting to have a Hearthstone on their hands where all the PvE stuff causes the client to bloat up massively on the mobile client.

    Maybe Path could get broken out to it's own button on the Play menu and we can get Labs back? Or they could be focusing on getting the new limited environment up and running.

    I'm basically through Path and still don't have 4 of the champions even unlocked despite having 3 champs at 3 stars and 3 other champs at 2 stars. I'm guessing they will monetize it in the near future by adding the ability to buy shards of the champions.

    One of the PvE designers stated on Twitter that they're aware of the Shard system not being ideal for unlocking all the Champions and will be addressing it in a future patch.
    wonderpug wrote: »
    For me as a mostly PVP player, they've just priced everything too high. At $10 per board, I'll buy maybe one a year max. If they were $4, or maaaybe $5, I'd probably buy four a year. Same thing with guardains. At $6 each, I'm rarely spending anything on them. If they were $2 a pop, I'd probably have bought most of the collection by now.

    Agreed. I'm mostly ok with boards being the priciest thing since they come with music and sometimes interactive features, but even they could be down to $6-8. Guardians should be $2-3 and emotes/card backs $1-2. I made a tweet about this and it got 300 likes from the LoR community, which is a lot for a no one like me. In addition to price reductions, they should do limited time half-off sales for older cosmetics. Because some money is better than no money at all.

    Finally, LET US GIFT COSMETICS! Clearly no one at Riot is a part of the PA Steam thread. If they were, they would see the sheer gifting massacre that goes on there and it would be a sure-fire way to get everyone to have 100% of the cosmetics.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I'm not sure there has ever been an example of mobile/microtransaction prices being set at the couple dollars a hit price and not $10-20 whale prices.

    I feel like something should have tried but I can't think of anything big. I know that thought has come up frequently discussed on these forums but I'm sure we are the outliers here

    PSN SeGaTai
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I'm not sure there has ever been an example of mobile/microtransaction prices being set at the couple dollars a hit price and not $10-20 whale prices.

    I feel like something should have tried but I can't think of anything big. I know that thought has come up frequently discussed on these forums but I'm sure we are the outliers here

    The "data" shows that there are really only two types of buyers: Those who spend at nearly any price point and those that don't spend. Supposedly the people that would spend at low price points are such a small portion of playerbases its more profitable to just squeeze the whales.

    I have always wondered if that "data" was ever captured at lower price points, tho.

    IvelliusMNC Dover
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Event Pass complete. Got plenty of stuff that it felt worth the money.

    MNC Dover
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    They reconfigured the track to include the stuff you’d get on a region road as well. I like the change as the rewards feel more impactful since it includes lots of cards.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    omg, I just had 25 shards across two vaults go to champions I already have at max level. And I still don't even have two of the champions unlocked!

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    omg, I just had 25 shards across two vaults go to champions I already have at max level. And I still don't even have two of the champions unlocked!

    Hey, I have 5 Champions still locked right now. Apparently there's a series of bugs where it's accidentally rewarding shards to champions that you already have unlocked. It's supposed to be fixed in a future patch, but certainly is frustrating right now.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular


    Now this is the kind of silliness I love.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    The Judge
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Does anyone know why Battle Fury (+8/+4 Burst) doesn’t add to Bard’s “increase stats of units in play” level up condition?

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 23
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Battle Fury (+8/+4 Burst) doesn’t add to Bard’s “increase stats of units in play” level up condition?

    That's weird, it should. I'll go test it real quick to see if I can replicate it.

    Edit: I tried using regular Battle Fury and it worked properly. Didn't test Trendamere's Battle Fury though.

    ead6nwg7v7l2.png
    0exm5wqyb7z9.png
    fvai917l3laf.png

    MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    That’s so weird, thanks for testing it! I was just using the regular battle fury as well. I’ll try to take screenshots next time it happens to me.

    MNC Dover
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Bugs do happen. Last year I cast Hush on a Fizz and he died. Opponent and I sat there emoting for like 10 seconds.

    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    MNC Dover
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Ok, just happened again:

    Lacttnl.jpeg
    UkoYRzX.jpeg
    fw6IKoD.jpg

    Is it because I cast it on Bard himself? Does "allies in play" mean "allies in play other than Bard"?

    MNC Dover
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, tested it on just Bard and had no problems. I even tried out a non-Battle Fury card first.

    0v35ie8oyzgu.png
    9nmaigqeu7dv.png
    l29jrmf786uc.png

    We might need to dig deeper as to what factors might be causing this behavior. I tested vs AI and had no problems. Are you in Path? Perhaps you're using Tryndamere's champ spell? Something else like that?

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    This is in regular ranked, and no Tyrandemere in my deck. Weird! As far as I can remember it’s happened like this every time I’ve used battle fury with this deck.

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    New patch notes dropped.

    Highlights:
    • Some interesting buffs/nerfs
    • A skip button for the Vault! WOOOO!!
    • Really cool skins
    • Wild shards added to Path with retroactive given if you've already maxed out a character

    Really great stuff here. Not sure how much the meta will shake up since Nami/TF hit the scene late and thus didn't get any nerfs. Thralls hit hard, which I don't mind at all.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh man, I *really* like that Tabletop playmat. Love that they got little nods to Tellstones and Mechs vs. Minions in there.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    MNC Dover
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Biggest thing in the patch: the ability to skip the weekly rewards screens!

    MNC Dover
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    No more ez mode Lee setup, god bless

    t1iylq0d7o1p.png
    MNC Dover
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    (FYI the patch fixed my weird Bard issue!)

    MNC Dover
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    The next event to cross all of Riot's games will be Star Guardian



    If you can't watch the trailer, Star Guardian is an AU themed around magical girl anime

    liEt3nH.png
    MNC Dover
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Skin spoilers and Kai'sa spoiler.

    1m8qubqiutm4.png

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular

    liEt3nH.png
    MNC Dover
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    SI, Shurima, and probably Runeterra champs. I wonder what other cards we might see for the other regions. Crossing my fingers for more Anivia/Control support.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular


    This is some serious power. Supercharge is absolutely bonkers. I mean, GRANT Overwhelm and Spellshield?!

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    Evolve keyword is moderately interesting for something to print shortly after Viktor was buffed into moderate relevancy, though I don't think they'll synergize the way people hope they will

    liEt3nH.png
    MNC Dover
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Probably be more Pantheon support.

    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I mean, realistically it's going to be Shurima/Ionia and people will give her elusive because that's the best keyword.

    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    MNC Dover
Sign In or Register to comment.