Options

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Lead and Follow is pretty cool, too: great for protecting your attackers, and cheap enough that you have a strong chance of being able to immediately follow up with the Flawless Duet it creates.

I wonder if there'll be a card that does something like "whenever you Blade Dance, Blade Dance one more time."

Edit: I'd only seen Dover's post when I started typing. :)

Mongrel Idiot on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Oh god she's so beautiful. Words fail me, should have sent a poet.

Like MF blades has to be a fucking thing right? That lead and follow? Play a blade dancer, pick up the blade dancer, play the duet. Play the blade dancer. Regular attack. That's a leveled up in one turn MF and it costs four regular and three spell mana which seems pretty reasonable?

And Irelia with her damn swapsies move. So good. This makes her really difficult to kill once an attack has occured and let's her get in damage.

So the dream opening is: attack on evens, bank mana on turns 1 and 2, play MF on 3, and then play Ribbon Dancer (1st attack), into Lead and Follow, Flawless Duet (2nd attack), play Ribbon Dancer again (3rd attack), then normal attack with Ribbon Dancer (level MF).

Hmmm...yeah, it's possible. Requires 3 cards, which isn't too bad. Gotta wonder if Ionia/Bildgewater can even work though. Depends on the supporting cards.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Oh god she's so beautiful. Words fail me, should have sent a poet.

Like MF blades has to be a fucking thing right? That lead and follow? Play a blade dancer, pick up the blade dancer, play the duet. Play the blade dancer. Regular attack. That's a leveled up in one turn MF and it costs four regular and three spell mana which seems pretty reasonable?

And Irelia with her damn swapsies move. So good. This makes her really difficult to kill once an attack has occured and let's her get in damage.

So the dream opening is: attack on evens, bank mana on turns 1 and 2, play MF on 3, and then play Ribbon Dancer (1st attack), into Lead and Follow, Flawless Duet (2nd attack), play Ribbon Dancer again (3rd attack), then normal attack with Ribbon Dancer (level MF).

Hmmm...yeah, it's possible. Requires 3 cards, which isn't too bad. Gotta wonder if Ionia/Bildgewater can even work though. Depends on the supporting cards.
    The new card Dancing Droplet fits nicely in there, too, since it has Attune. If the rest of the plan doesn't come together, Droplet is also a great target for Flawless Duet, since it'll get you another card.

It'd slow down your MF leveling, but an early Crackshot Corsair could put out some solid damage with all of those blade dances going on.

I'm liking Lead and Follow for shenanigans on turns where they have the attack token. Consider this series, if you're attacking on odds:

1: Play Dancing Droplet, swing for 1. You bank 1 spell mana.
    2: They attack with something. Block with Droplet, use Lead and Follow to recall it, drawing a card. Play Flawless Duet. There's a decent chance early on that your blades can kill their blockers, and even if they can't you're still putting out a little damage.
    3: You have the Droplet and probably a friend for it.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I don't even think that turbo leveling scenario is necessarily the best way or that necessary, she'll just level really fast in general with the option for a god draw to get in there and deal some damage. The droplet is a great include as someone mentioned, a great target to swap in a MF or Irelia onto while attacking. You also have some strong early options in the Greenglade Duo which will probably be stapled to blade dance builds.

Bilgewater has a lot of strong elusives too (see: Fizz/TF.dec) so this is another deck plan that could open up for that region combo.

• Options
    So, a bunch of big name streamers are getting access to a special server that has all the new cards unlocked. BBG is trying out MF/Irelia right now.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/game-updates/patch-2-7-0-notes/

Atrocity from 6 mana to 7.
    Blight Caretaker from 2/1 to 1/1.

E: Oh, and mushrooms now deal (# drawn -1) damage to a tough Nexus instead of 0.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I don't feel like Atrocity at 7 will be enough. Caretaker losing an attack is nice since it doesn't kill the card entirely. Good start to see some changes to the Thresh/Nasus archetype.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    You know they could just ban atrocity for the next ranked season and it wouldn't bother me.

• Options
    I'm thinking a Scargrounds deck for day 1. Block blades for free, eat time bombs for free, Scorched Earth for Malphite landmarks, favored into TLC and a decent Nasus matchup.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Scargrounds is all over the place this week, I think people expect a heavy aggro meta at the end of the season and it's such a fucking thumb to the eye. I've run into it many times, to the point where I had to switch back to the dragon deck, Azir Lucian needs epic first draw to deal.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Yeah day one you want to either play super slow or super fast or just be ready to deal with some frustration. This is the day when all the lifegain gets put back into the SI/Frel builds as they slowly learn how little they actually need to survive the meta.

• Options
    Also I like Irelia and I really want to see if she can work with Lucian somehow. That's just enough board fuckery to really make me happy. Where is my leveled up Lucian? Is he here? Is he there? Oh oops now you're blocking a little guy and killing them, that's just gonna piss Lucian off!

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Also I like Irelia and I really want to see if she can work with Lucian somehow. That's just enough board fuckery to really make me happy. Where is my leveled up Lucian? Is he here? Is he there? Oh oops now you're blocking a little guy and killing them, that's just gonna piss Lucian off!

I think this will work but I doubt it will work better than Azir. You have to do some extra leg work to get the blades to die and honestly Lucian wants to be in your face aggressive so the upside for the ephemerals hitting and dealing the one extra damage is pretty high.

• Options
    Yeah, the Blades don't die if they go unblocked, which won't help Lucian level up.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    But but but Lucian! :(

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    everyone is going nuts for lucian and MF, and a little bit for quinn. But, if youre going to be summoning a ton of units azir seems much better. azir will level quick and doesnt need to "see" the summons, and will buff all the blades when he is leveled. Plus then you can be jank and run those other landmarks and stuff that summons either the 1/1s or the like 6/2s on attack. and there would be all the shurima cards that give vulnerable and such so make the blades have even more teeth.

• Options
    The Quinn payoff just seems in general worse and much slower than the MF or Azir blades payoff. Oh boy I get this fucking 2/1 bird and Quinn is already kind of a meh body. Quinn wasn't even run in dedicated scouts decks at the end of that deck's hey day.

For Azir, I feel like the Lucian plan is overall much better. If you have the exact same Azir setup with the Dais, would you rather have two attacks with a leveled Lucian (getting one extra off a sand soldier death) or three with no Lucian but more knives? The Lucian is probably way more deadly especially considering you can also attack with the rest of your back line units on his attacks instead of blades and sand soldiers only. The only thing that makes me think the Azir blades might be better is that maybe you could use Syncopate to attack with your big fat leveled Azir more safely and unblocked and maybe that would make up the damage difference.

• Options
    The other appeal of MF is that Bilgewater has Jagged Taskmaster and blades are 1 drops.

• Options
    There is nothing sweeter than blocking Atrocity.

Oh I see this is how you were gonna win. Nah fuck that imma eat ya c'mere.

• Options

Wait, how do you block Atrocity? I know you can Freeze the unit or Deny the spell, but that's really about it.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Re: Azir+Lucian, I am finding that one of the crucial problems of the deck is that low rolling on your initial draw+mulligan can fuck you real hard and leave you with a semi-operating opener that can often lose you the game.

It's something I'm keeping in mind the more people are thinking about new combos, how well do these pieces operate on their own if you're drawing nothing but instants and none of your combo pieces?

Thawmus on
  • Options

Wait, how do you block Atrocity? I know you can Freeze the unit or Deny the spell, but that's really about it.

Kill the unit by striking it at the top of the stack. I bait it with the 2 mana strike thingy and then throw the 5 mana strike thingy to the top of the stack.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Watching Swim and Grapplr play some test games this afternoon, Irelia looks really cool. Really interesting combo playstyle. Looks like something that requires a bunch of planning. And her level-up is actually pretty nasty in that suddenly you may not even want to block the blades or you might have to assume whatever you block them with dies because Irelia with her quick-attack (or some other unit I guess) could instantly take the blade's place and just fuck you up.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    I gotta remember not to open my Vault until the patch goes live tomorrow, on the off chance I pick up some of the new cards.

Edit: whoops! Tomorrow is Wednesday, not Thursday. Children make days a blur.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Hot take right now is that Atrocity isn't nearly as much a problem if a T6 Nasus wasn't an easy peasey 12/12.

Like it takes no goddamn effort for him to get there at all.

• Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed annihilating a nasus thresh earlier with brain/vlad. The version I was trying runs avalanche, both the deal 1 to everything, and a blighted ravine. He just kept putting stuff down and I kept blowing it up. I knew I won when he played the blighted caretaker for defense.

• Options
    I'm currently 14-3 with Tahm/Soraka in the last 4 days. Of the 17 games, 6 games were against Thresh/Nasus (5-1). One loss was against Ashe/LeBlanc, which I'm fairly confident in saying is a 10-90 match-up. With so many units in my deck at 2 or less power, I get wiped out hard against Culling Strike and Reckoning.

That being said, only 3 losses is pretty impressive. I climbed from the bottom of Plat 4 to Plat 2. Heck, I probably would have reached Diamond if the season lasted another week or so. Not sure how it'll fare once the expansion hits though. Lots of aggro might be ok, but the counter stuff might beat it down. Guess we'll find out!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Geez, the Taric/Golden Aegis combo leads to some big moments. Last game I played I was at 18, and had 13 coming at me with a reasonably full board and 2 Golden Aegis in my hand. I let the attack through so that I wasn't risking any of my attackers, then swung 5 times in a row across their turn and mine. Granted, I only really pulled it off because they didn't have a kill spell for Taric, but still. Not a lot you can do under that amount of pressure.

• Options
    My ranked rewards were busted. Got Tri-Beam from the first and then the next two upgraded to champions; Ashe and Thresh.

• Options
    God this is so much fucking fun. Lost a close one to crimson scargrounds, blew up a mushrooms deck, and then blew a Braum Scargrounds deck right the fuck out of the water.

• Options
    I'm currently 14-3 with Tahm/Soraka in the last 4 days. Of the 17 games, 6 games were against Thresh/Nasus (5-1). One loss was against Ashe/LeBlanc, which I'm fairly confident in saying is a 10-90 match-up. With so many units in my deck at 2 or less power, I get wiped out hard against Culling Strike and Reckoning.

That being said, only 3 losses is pretty impressive. I climbed from the bottom of Plat 4 to Plat 2. Heck, I probably would have reached Diamond if the season lasted another week or so. Not sure how it'll fare once the expansion hits though. Lots of aggro might be ok, but the counter stuff might beat it down. Guess we'll find out!

i could see tahmraka having a good matchup against the irelia decks. theres lots of health to just chump block a lot. and yeah, when im playing against it as ashe/leblanc its basically a free win. culling strike and reckoning is just a blowout.

• Options
    Blades into mono Fiora is the most one sided matchup I've ever seen.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    like 10 games MF/Irelia and I didn't get Irelia leveled up once

• Options
    Azir/irelia is busted af. Tried vlad/braum, ez/draven, taric/garen, ashe/leblanc, and nocturne/diana, and the azir burn. Only time I won was with azir with a dumb hand with like 16 points of reach, and I won with lethal incoming at me.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    oh yeah it's ridiculous with Azir. Granted, plopping anivia on curve is a pretty bad play, but
    t490rij2k2gf.jpg
    18 to -9 on turn 5, yikes

• Options
    It's the most fun you could possibly have in the game. Its pretty doable to attack twice on your enemy's turn and you basically just start attacking at least once a turn after turn 3. It's so good.

• Options
    I don't know how things will shake out, but being able to attack like 4 times a turn and fuck with positions invalidates a dumb amount of cards. Not saying things need nerfs yet because people are still figuring things out, but they probably won't let a deck go wild if the opponent can't even do anything.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I don't know how things will shake out, but being able to attack like 4 times a turn and fuck with positions invalidates a dumb amount of cards. Not saying things need nerfs yet because people are still figuring things out, but they probably won't let a deck go wild if the opponent can't even do anything.

I'm not even sure it's a tier one deck and I think there are some bad matchups to keep it in check.

• Options

I'm not even sure it's a tier one deck and I think there are some bad matchups to keep it in check.

ive been playing different fiora and dragon stuff and those shut it down pretty hard.

• Options

ive been playing different fiora and dragon stuff and those shut it down pretty hard.

Fiora definitely seems like an uphill fight. Who knows how good it is against the rest of the field though.