Options

Get in the car, loser [chat], we're going on a Shadowrun!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Troll - It doesn't matter what archetype you have, you're a Troll, and therefore you're the meatshield and human forklift.
    Chanus wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    What’s the best J to pair with PB?

bonne maman

i like their four fruit best but strawberry works in a pinch

And what would those four fruits be? Maybe there’s something similar to buy here.
    Because for now I’m not convinced by the pairing.

cherries, strawberries, red currants, and raspberries

https://www.bonnemaman.us/four-fruits-preserves.html

looks like they have offices in Switzerland, France, and Austria so maybe you can find some?

I’ll look into it. Sounds good even without the PB, to be honest.

my mom makes strawberry jam by hand every year and this brand is the only one i've found that compares

and is available year round, which mom's is not

there was also that wonderful story a couple months back where it turns out they were sheltering people from the nazis

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Face - I'm the only one in the team who put points into Etiquette?
    Bogart wrote: »
    That boat definitely had Crockett and Tubbs in it five minutes ago as they chased a couple of pastel jacket wearing scumbags. They're continuing the pursuit on jet ski.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    What’s the best J to pair with PB?

bonne maman

i like their four fruit best but strawberry works in a pinch

And what would those four fruits be? Maybe there’s something similar to buy here.
    Because for now I’m not convinced by the pairing.

cherries, strawberries, red currants, and raspberries

https://www.bonnemaman.us/four-fruits-preserves.html

looks like they have offices in Switzerland, France, and Austria so maybe you can find some?

I’ll look into it. Sounds good even without the PB, to be honest.

my mom makes strawberry jam by hand every year and this brand is the only one i've found that compares

and is available year round, which mom's is not

there was also that wonderful story a couple months back where it turns out they were sheltering people from the nazis

oh wait yeah that's what it was

either way i feel good buying their jam

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Also Chanus you are completely and utterly incorrect about double masking not being safer for the wearer.
    Think of it like this, one mask has a random labyrinth of tiny maze like absorptive channels that larger aerosol droplets will get stuck in and then some of the smaller ones will also get stuck but perhaps diffuse a bit or travel a little further.
    The addition of an extra mask is synergistic because it adds a second labyrinth and that second labyrinth is at a different orientation and angle so there is further improved filtering effect.

You can see the same phenomenon when you take one pair of polarized lenses and put them over another pair. You can completely filter out the light. Same concept --- ish.

Another example might be stealing a teen girl's baby brother and then making her come find you in the hall of the goblin king, twice

• Options
    Also Chanus you are completely and utterly incorrect about double masking not being safer for the wearer.
    Think of it like this, one mask has a random labyrinth of tiny maze like absorptive channels that larger aerosol droplets will get stuck in and then some of the smaller ones will also get stuck but perhaps diffuse a bit or travel a little further.
    The addition of an extra mask is synergistic because it adds a second labyrinth and that second labyrinth is at a different orientation and angle so there is further improved filtering effect.

You can see the same phenomenon when you take one pair of polarized lenses and put them over another pair. You can completely filter out the light. Same concept --- ish.

Another example might be stealing a teen girl's baby brother and then making her come find you in the hall of the goblin king, twice

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    My left hand smells of garlic.

Has my left hand been cooking when I'm not looking again?

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Troll - It doesn't matter what archetype you have, you're a Troll, and therefore you're the meatshield and human forklift.
    Echo wrote: »

sinister

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Ork Investigator - Wait what? Get out of here. WTF?
    After looking them up, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them around here.
    But I’m also pretty sure I’ve tried Bonne Maman cookies before!

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Mom: we have the suez canal at home

The suez canal at home:

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Hmmm I think y'all might be underestimating the mechanical advantages some machines offer

A lot of chest press machines are basically levering the load, and a lot of cable machines have multiple cables and pulleys that assist

For sure not having to stabilize makes a big difference, but the leg machine is on a 45-degree rail, so that's some trigonometry to figure out the actual load on your muscles, etc

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I'm setting up an account for a woman named Elsa...the username 'letitgo' is both valid and available.

But that would be unprofessional, wouldn't it?

• Options
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I'm setting up an account for a woman named Elsa...the username 'letitgo' is both valid and available.

But that would be unprofessional, wouldn't it?

Not to do it? Sure.

• Options
    The Left Hand of Garlic

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Hmmm I think y'all might be underestimating the mechanical advantages some machines offer

A lot of chest press machines are basically levering the load, and a lot of cable machines have multiple cables and pulleys that assist

For sure not having to stabilize makes a big difference, but the leg machine is on a 45-degree rail, so that's some trigonometry to figure out the actual load on your muscles, etc

This is true; a Smith machine is going to give you less than a Nautilus cable machine

(Smith machines are horrible)

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    The Left Hand of Garlic

The Hellboy films are getting weirder and weirder.

• Options
    Also machines have been considered heresy ever since the Butlerian jihad we only free-lift now

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I don't think my "bench" numbers were accurate at all because I'm using a machine. It's probably like 2/3 or something at most. I don't know how much mechanical advantage comes from pulleys but I'm sure it's relevant

Anyway I did some chest presses with free weights instead and oh boy my shoulder doesn't like that. Something is definitely wrong there. Just raising my empty hands in a shoulder press and lowering them causes tendon or joint pain somewhere.

I hate how my sedentary body is already crumbling

I can connect you with some people who could help over zoom, if this is the sort of thing you don't ever make the effort to remediate

My physio told me it was because I have weak shoulders but she might be bad

Meaning the joints or the muscles or the bones or watt?

sig.gif
  • Options
    On that random exercise note, I've been on the lookout for a simple bench I can use at home. Maybe just a flat one I can do shoulder presses on, maybe an adjustable one for some more flexibility. Ideally a foldable one I can hide away somewhere.

Unfortunately Amazon is full of crappy knockoffs that all have poorly photoshopped "athletes" using them.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Fuck free lifting. It's hard enough to get myself to do this shit; I don't want to risk of injury if I do it wrong

sig.gif
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    68zwfto2fet0.png

It's a cork pop gun that someone has edited the string out of in order to make a stupid meme.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I miss my gym and the folks there. But it looks like more lockdown instead of open gyms...

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    So I'm playing with the bronze sword and I like it, but which new bronze/pine based weapon is secretly super awesome and I should try next? I used the flint spear before and I liked it, so I assume the bronze spear is more of the same.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I miss my gym and the folks there. But it looks like more lockdown instead of open gyms...

I have a free PT session I can use at the gym. I would really like to but *gestures at everything*

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    I keep looking up prices of plates and it makes me so sad how expensive they are.

Were they this expensive pre-pandemic?

It's like $170 for a set of 2 45s

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

Those aren’t pillows

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    So I'm playing with the bronze sword and I like it, but which new bronze/pine based weapon is secretly super awesome and I should try next? I used the flint spear before and I liked it, so I assume the bronze spear is more of the same.

depends on the enemies you're fighting

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I don't want leftover dinner for lunch.

And I don't want top ramen for lunch

So my only choice is to order out.

But I'm ordering out for dinner.

What I want is a really good sandwich but those tend to not deliver well.

Subway

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    OK, I ordered myself a bigass cold cut sandwich. Those should travel reasonably well.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I’m about to say something controversial hide your children.

• Options
    Kamiro get yourself a corned beef sandwich from snarfs

If this can't be done then I'm sorry

sig.gif
  • Options
    Not from subway

from a place called Mangialardo's

that sounds reasonably italian

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

bronze spear is the same but slightly better

spears have a real verticality problem where hitting things an inch below you on a slope is basically impossible, which is real annoying, but they are overall my favorite weapon

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    I’m about to say something controversial hide your children.

hit it king

• Options

The closest one is

820 miles away

also, I don't like corned beef due to a bad food poisoning episode in my childhood.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Face - I'm the only one in the team who put points into Etiquette?
    I keep looking up prices of plates and it makes me so sad how expensive they are.

I remember 45s were closer to $1/lb pre pandemic, found a 2018 article saying $50-80 per plate for nicer ones.

Tumin on
  • Options

The closest one is

820 miles away

also, I don't like corned beef due to a bad food poisoning episode in my childhood.

That's a good reason

sig.gif
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Texas Pete is better than the rooster

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

That seems very high if they are just plain plates but quality weights are always stupid expensive.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    OK, I ordered myself a bigass cold cut sandwich. Those should travel reasonably well.

It will probably arrive in....

pieces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjT17Me3m-Y

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man this ID@Xbox showcase on twitch is a disaster the format they chose for it just doesn’t work

This discussion has been closed.