As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why do we want [Webcomics]?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I am gonna guess a character she doesn't like from RWBY

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yup, Jaune.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Spoiler for a bit of RWBY
    After Monty gave Jaune one trauma before his own, they decide to give him more in Atlas and Mantle, massacring several of his milf fangirls at a political rally and forcing him to mercy kill Penny to ensure her inherited power passed onto someone not the villain.

That also occured after they turned Penny into a real girl to save her from Watts' computer virus.

So basically the abuse piled onto Poor Juane is moving well past the line. No shortage of other characters getting the shaft.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    WHERE THE MORTAL MOMS AT?????

*techno music*

"Nine for mortal moms, doomed to die"

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Basically everything I know about RWBY is from watching Mary Cagle's art streams and hearing her complain about it.

It sounds not good.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Basically everything I know about RWBY is from watching Mary Cagle's art streams and hearing her complain about it.

It sounds not good.

Hbomberguy did a video on it. I won't link it because its like 3 hours long

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

It sounds not good.

This is the only thing related to RWBY that i've ever watched. Yes I watched a two and a half hour long video about a show i've never seen.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

It sounds not good.

This is the only thing related to RWBY that i've ever watched. Yes I watched a two and a half hour long video about a show i've never seen.

He almost made me want to watch the
    Pira fight where the guy discovers her power by careful observation

By hyping it up.

• Options

It sounds not good.

I kind of forgot that I watched that whole thing.

I stand by RWBY seeming not good.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I remember seeing roughly 5 or so minutes of some of the early RWBY stuff from before it became a full-fledged series, and the most I can remember from it is how god-awful the voice acting was

Wasn't the main character voiced by one of the Rooster Teeth guys' girlfriend or something?

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    All I know about RWBY is from a season marathon on Twitch and the four main girls being guest characters in the BlazBlue Tag Game.

Yang is cool.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I still pronounce it "ruh wubby" in my head.

• Options
    What I am saying is that there is a cute little pupple, a thick pillow in the room, and Juane, the writers will take it as a challenge.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Remember when Red Vs Blue went from being a silly web series about Halo to a super action series where physics stopped being a thing?

Well the guy that made that change wanted to create his own Anime and Rooster Teeth gave him the resources to do it.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Spoilers for genlock, whose voice cast is
    Killmonger
    Dakota Fanning
    The Doctor
    Arya Stark
    Rooster Teeth dude
    Spike spiegal
    SungWon Cho
    Huh....Sophia Belefonte is Henry Belefonte's daughter. So obvious seeing her name.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    Remember when Red Vs Blue went from being a silly web series about Halo to a super action series where physics stopped being a thing?

Well the guy that made that change wanted to create his own Anime and Rooster Teeth gave him the resources to do it.
    That guy has been dead though for I wanna say the majority of the series though. I think he died in a car crash during the production of season 2?

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Dumbing Of Age continues its crossover with Whomp!

6QciTs7.png?1
    she makes a mistake

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

That guy has been dead though for I wanna say the majority of the series though. I think he died in a car crash during the production of season 2?

He died due to a severe allergic reaction during a medical procedure. I don't think they ever revealed what the medical procedure or allergic reaction was.

• Options
    Monty Ohm died just after volume 3, the fall of vale. Sadly, they departed from......every thread he was weaving in the story, or at least nearly.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

Yeah, Monty died around Season 2 iirc.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

It sounds not good.

In case people didn't know, Mary and her friend Phoenix do a anime podcast, where they give the show the thorough dissection it deserves.

Sometimes with alcohol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hl9DBFb93A

Volume 8's commentary is a freaking trip, in case people could use something to listen to.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    will i listen to a ninety minute roast of a show i haven't watched?

hrm

hrrrrrrrrrrrrm

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Mary and Feen ripping apart that awful show is well worth it though, if just to hear how absolutely insane the show drives them.

Mary said it best: "It's Not A Real Show!"

(also it's neat cause Feen came out as trans some time ago so it's worthwhile supporting at any rate)

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    In retrospect, I probably should have linked the playlist for Season 8 as well. It's more like 14 hours... and totally worth it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Speaking of Mary Cagle and things much better than RWBY: Sleepy Doms!

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    this isn't the first time we're told that magic is a quantity that is spent - Cassidy earlier said that replacing her clones 'wastes some magic' - but it does seem to be the first time we're told that it can kaput unexpectedly

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    In Vattu, heathens!

fHvU4bq.png

Control of the drug was the imperial household revenue replacement for the slowdown in conquest plunder, wasn't it? There isn't any tax on agricultural output depicted in the setting of Vattu...

There's an thread of old historiography that argued that the Roman economy was reliant on a continual incoming stream of plunder; it doesn't seem to be held up by later research. But presumably Vattu invokes the spirit of it.

Of course premodern taxation moves toward areas that are easy to tax - centralized granaries, ports, canals, roads

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    In Vattu, heathens!

fHvU4bq.png

Control of the drug was the imperial household revenue replacement for the slowdown in conquest plunder, wasn't it? There isn't any tax on agricultural output depicted in the setting of Vattu...

There's an thread of old historiography that argued that the Roman economy was reliant on a continual incoming stream of plunder; it doesn't seem to be held up by later research. But presumably Vattu invokes the spirit of it.

Of course premodern taxation moves toward areas that are easy to tax - centralized granaries, ports, canals, roads

How did the original bonfire of the vanities turn out?

• Options
    I was thinking more "Lin Zexu destroys the opium at Humen" in the last panel

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    I've just realised that Swords offers a partially illustrated wiki in which you can browse by swords... and that makes me so happy.
    https://swordscomic.com/archive/Swords/

• Options
    klemming wrote: »

Strong :winky: energy

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I was thinking more "Lin Zexu destroys the opium at Humen" in the last panel

It is a lot less impressive when instead of a massive fire and dumping it into the sea the drug just kinda, gradually floats away.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Absalon on
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.