Options

[Monster Hunter] Breaking the sun in 2022

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    if anything it's wildly too early given that we don't even have a release date for the expansion. it just came out on PC.

does capcom just not want people to play the game they made? it's not even like it takes that long to blast through LR village and hit HR 7, where you can make almost whatever the hell you want anyway. god, i hate this so much.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    if anything it's wildly too early given that we don't even have a release date for the expansion. it just came out on PC.

does capcom just not want people to play the game they made? it's not even like it takes that long to blast through LR village and hit HR 7, where you can make almost whatever the hell you want anyway. god, i hate this so much.

I can see wanting to make things faster for Switch players that have double dipped (though if someone does that, I think it's safe to say they enjoy playing this here vidya game) or letting people who bought the game because their friends were playing catch up fast so they can join said friends but I do have to question the tuning on this gear based on the video.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    That's all the Apexes down solo with the bow. First time on each.

Apex Diablos is still a rough fight.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Praying Shara comes back and gets a super variant in Sunbreak.

I love that fight so much but feels like theres still more you could do with it.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I love that fight so much but feels like theres still more you could do with it.

Dont usually see endbosses like Shara come back.

Edit: It appears with some research I'm wildly wrong, but as of late the endboss monsters like Lagiacrus, Gore Magala, Dire Miralis, Amatsu etc haven't really come back.

If Shara Ishvalda comes back it probably won't be in Sunbreak.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    That Fatalis fight was so much damn fun. Didn't beat him solo but being able to get to phase three on my own made me feel confident enough that I could have done it but for the sake of time and moving on to Rise, I took it to MP the next few gos.

Really washed the bad taste out of my mouth from Alatreon.

No BS or restrictive gimmicks, just a really strong, brutal and intense straight up fight.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Finally met Valstrax, was able to down him on the first fight, though it got really dicey. I was lucky and managed to run him into three other monsters on the map, including Magnamalo, which helped break all his bits. He was also definitely weakened from eating before the hunt. Always take dango weakener, folks :)

I ate two ambushes, still don't have the timing right on when to mini-valstrax out of the way with blast dash.

I think Apex Diablos still sits at the top of my jerkiest jerks list.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Dont usually see endbosses like Shara come back.

Edit: It appears with some research I'm wildly wrong, but as of late the endboss monsters like Lagiacrus, Gore Magala, Dire Miralis, Amatsu etc haven't really come back.

If Shara Ishvalda comes back it probably won't be in Sunbreak.

I really hope we get Ceadeus back in some form some time, if only to get a new version of this:

https://youtu.be/cnGET-_9v4M

Pretty sure it's still my favorite all-time MH track.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I don't know how you manage Ceadus without underwater combat. Lagiacrus works because it fights on land too.

But yeah, that song is so good. The fight itself is kind of bad, but the music is great.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Been playing Rise finally.

The wire bug is definitely going to take some getting used to but I can see the potential.

Best part of Rise so far is that they brought back monster facts on their materials. :)

Although what the hell do the numbers mean on their physiology page? if a weapon has higher numbers, is it more or less effective against them?

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Been playing Rise finally.

The wire bug is definitely going to take some getting used to but I can see the potential.

Best part of Rise so far is that they brought back monster facts on their materials. :)

Although what the hell do the numbers mean on their physiology page? if a weapon has higher numbers, is it more or less effective against them?

Relative. The higher the numbers the weaker that area is to the weapon damage.

I wouldn't worry about comparing them to each other, though.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    I never really got ahold of the Apex variants in the Switch version except with LBG

I finally sub 10 minuted all of them, feels good to start to learn their stuff

https://youtu.be/uMW2SH4ivJw

This is 2:30 of me just laying it on em. Maybe I should start using attack buffs.

• Options
    I never really got ahold of the Apex variants in the Switch version except with LBG

I finally sub 10 minuted all of them, feels good to start to learn their stuff

https://youtu.be/uMW2SH4ivJw

This is 2:30 of me just laying it on em. Maybe I should start using attack buffs.

Winners always do (demon) drugs.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    So, can you just not hold/store your hammer charge anymore?

Pressing it just seems to change the lv2 charge now. Throwing me off.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    So, can you just not hold/store your hammer charge anymore?

Pressing it just seems to change the lv2 charge now. Throwing me off.
    powercharge isn't a thing anymore, no

swapping from purple to yellow gives you instant level 3 charge and has a teeny tiny amount of iframes

Elendil on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah, but I don't know how you manage Ceadus without underwater combat. Lagiacrus works because it fights on land too.

But yeah, that song is so good. The fight itself is kind of bad, but the music is great.

Well, we (or at least our buddies) do have access to a fleet of mini-subs...

(I was thinking that it would some kind of two-parter battle in the theme of Jhen Moran; Stage 1 has you fighting an out-of-control Ceadeus from a ship, Stage 2 has you following it back to it's undersea cave nest via mini-sub, blocking the way out, and using some sort of device to force it to surface while fighting on some sort of rocky outcropping that was conveniently above water.)

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Sub 4 Apex Diablos. Definitely not legit because the beginning of the hunt was a 3 way fight between him, the other Diablos, and a Tigrex, so shaved a couple hundo HP off. Started off a bit shaky but hit the right counters, then just unloaded hell after the wakeup
    https://youtu.be/gNJNsoRIglE

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    uh

hje6vixebwp7.jpg

methinks someone at Capcom is going to have some splainin' to do to their boss tomorrow

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    It's the cold war between them and Fromsoft, it's gone hot.

Edit:

It was a typo - it's supposed to be "Coming Soon" not "Now available". Whoops!

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Syngyne wrote: »
    uh
    hje6vixebwp7.jpg

methinks someone at Capcom is going to have some splainin' to do to their boss tomorrow
    This gave me a good laugh last night when I booted the game up. Oh Capcom.

I had largely stayed away from a lot of info on Rise so I'm not aware of the full monster roster so when I saw a zamite running around the frost islands, I got pretty excited for the implications.

Zamtrios is such a great monster.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Zamtrios is a delightful monster. Its armor is great too for fashion purposes.

• Options
    The changes they've made to Switchaxe seem pretty potent.

Is it even possible to run out of charge now with the silkbind moves?

• Options
    The changes they've made to Switchaxe seem pretty potent.

Is it even possible to run out of charge now with the silkbind moves?

Sure. Soaring Wyvern Blade eats a bunch when you loop it.

• Options
    This amuses me way more than it should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vCqOlco5S8

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Still can't get over Raging Brachydios.

He's so blinded by rage that he's willing to charge his explosions to such an insane degree that they actually bypass his natural immunity to his own slime and do big damage to himself as well as you.

It just wants to kill you, not to live to see another day but to make sure you're both trapped in there and it takes you with it. Its survival no longer matters.

Brutal.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    You know, I would craft the Khezu armor set, the idea of it it is cool but the fact that its all made out of stitched together giant penis monster skin is kind of a non starter for me.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    You know, I would craft the Khezu armor set, the idea of it it is cool but the fact that its all made out of stiched together giant penis monster skin is kind of a non starter for me.

I try not to think about the pale extract that goes into my mega demondrug and mega armorskin potions.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Done a few rampages now, its an interesting idea but these seem like they're going to be a real slog.

Could be fun in multiplayer though.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Multiplayer really is the only way to do rampages. You pretty much can't fail them.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Bishaten is an instant 10/10 monster and makes me feel like Kecha Wacha (another five star monkey) isn't far behind in Sunbreak.

Not sure what to make of the mermaid. She's different but something about the face on it is bugging me? Looks like someone just quickly drew some eyes and a mouth on it, doesn't quite fit.

Thought that fight would be way harder than it was but hilariously ended up putting herself to sleep (think buddies did something to interrupt an attack) and I bombed her. Pretty easy and she has an awesome armor set. Looks great and its designed for sleep bombing.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Multiplayer really is the only way to do rampages. You pretty much can't fail them.

PLus they're just huge fun in multiplayer when everyone teams up and works smoothly. Or even when they dont.

Hot tip: YOu can now use barrel bombs while airborne. Even if you've already stuck two on the ground. These days on duals my wake up is to put two megas down, craft a third, and then DUNK IT ON THE MONSTERS FACE

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited March 2022

PLus they're just huge fun in multiplayer when everyone teams up and works smoothly. Or even when they dont.

Hot tip: YOu can now use barrel bombs while airborne. Even if you've already stuck two on the ground. These days on duals my wake up is to put two megas down, craft a third, and then DUNK IT ON THE MONSTERS FACE
    WTF. Why does the game not tell you this?

This is amazing.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

WTF. Why does the game not tell you this?

This is amazing.

https://youtu.be/Suh4GigjjOo

B)

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I have never felt more manly than I have with the Gunlance.

Kind of ugly and it looks goofy on your back but my god, the power and defense.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
  • Options
    So having only ever played Gunlance, I am a bit confused about the Switch Axe and Charge Blade. Are they just like a reversed polarity version of the other?

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Can't wait for prowler mode confirmation.
    *crosses fingers*