As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    What's a good Lua mission for doing Halls of Ascension? I've had that weekly sitting there annoying me. (Also I want Octavia parts anyway.)

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    What's a good Lua mission for doing Halls of Ascension? I've had that weekly sitting there annoying me. (Also I want Octavia parts anyway.)

Well. If you want octavia parts you'll need to do Plato (exterminate. Find one cache to have a shot at Octavia Systems blueprint), but Copernicus (capture) is also good.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I have an annoying "find three caches on a Sabotage" mission there too.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Mining on Deimos is a chore because a while back people were complaining that they couldn't find Ore X so DE swapped the drop rates with Ore Y. Now you can't find Ore Y.

Fucking Namalon, man.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    It really did need fixing though. I mined all the caves I could find once and ended up with at least a hundred of most metals, and 5 thaumica. Shit was fucked.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Note that I have
    dporowski wrote: »
    Totally are. And you'll want a Fluctus and/or Mausolon for that thing, the latter because "explosions and giant laser" and the former because it retains the infinite punchthrough from AW mode and it's hilarious.

I like Grattler for the sheer "I only need to aim in their general direction" and Corvas Prime because it deals absolutely massive damage to anything the projectile hits (It can take out the biggest infested in just a few shots).

Mausolon is a nice compromise between the two as it has good single target damage, high rate of fire for shooting all ze stuff and just a lot of that 40k Dreadnought assault cannon feeling.

I run a radiation status build on the Cortege. Entirely impractical, like most of my builds. Doesn't do shit for damage but gets enemies to 10 radiation instantly.

When I run profit taker, I don't even shoot the orb, most of the time. I just coat the adds in rad procs like I'm spraying bugs with pesticide.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I guess I'll hold off on fiddling with it for now. I'm doing isolation vaults and things now so I can get mech and the ship module built. just down to the damaged pieces at this point, then it's 84 hours of cooking before new war...

I went "sod it, I'm impatient and I want to try Necramechs a whole lot" and just bought the Voidrig with plat, with the intent to actually farm the Bonewidow.

Now I looked at the materials and ugh, that'll be so much mining required. I really don't like mining.

Ah, for me, it's not the gathering of the materials but the cooking times. Though this time the mining was annoying because of the necrathene. That stuff just didn't want to drop until I did what other users said and switched to the Nosam cutter. They also seem to have added a faint white box to make the nodes more visible, but it could be a little more opaque. But it's better than before sorta!

You get the blueprints for the Voidrig and its components when you complete the "Heart of Deimos" quest, so I may just buy the Bonewidow and build the Voidrig since that's another faction grind.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    It really did need fixing though. I mined all the caves I could find once and ended up with at least a hundred of most metals, and 5 thaumica. Shit was fucked.

No doubt, but you don't fix one abysmal drop rate by trading it for another.

Deimos mining is also the worst because there's just no hiding from the damn infested. At least on Orb Valis/Plains you can chill in a cave and maybe kill a patrol every now and then, on Deimos they just do not stop coming. Stealth frames have a niche and it's this.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Note that I have
    Totally are. And you'll want a Fluctus and/or Mausolon for that thing, the latter because "explosions and giant laser" and the former because it retains the infinite punchthrough from AW mode and it's hilarious.

I like Grattler for the sheer "I only need to aim in their general direction" and Corvas Prime because it deals absolutely massive damage to anything the projectile hits (It can take out the biggest infested in just a few shots).

Mausolon is a nice compromise between the two as it has good single target damage, high rate of fire for shooting all ze stuff and just a lot of that 40k Dreadnought assault cannon feeling.

I may have painted my first mech a certain shade of blue, yes.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    It's baloney the fluctus keeps its punch through in ground missions but the velocitas doesn't get punch through or bouncing shots or its massive space hitbox

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I have an annoying "find three caches on a Sabotage" mission there too.

I just do those on earth with a max range and loot radar Limbo.

If you explode every single container the only ones left marked on the map have to be supply caches :tongue:

• Options
    wound up buying bonewidow since the game gave me a 25% off coupon... now to do the new war and stuff!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »

No doubt, but you don't fix one abysmal drop rate by trading it for another.

Deimos mining is also the worst because there's just no hiding from the damn infested. At least on Orb Valis/Plains you can chill in a cave and maybe kill a patrol every now and then, on Deimos they just do not stop coming. Stealth frames have a niche and it's this.

You’re better off doing the operator pylon thingies for ore imo. Way faster to find and zone out and back in to reset them

• Options
    edited November 2022
    So far the New War is interesting, definitely can see why it took so long to happen.

My first thought...
    ...after the jump was "I guess some kinda timey-wimey stuff will fix this."

Game: "...What is the principal failing of Presentism?"

I'll see how far off I am though.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    "That'd be a lot easier to get, wouldn't it?"

• Options
    oki, finished it earlier. thought it was okay I guess.
    Warframe allowing players to create powerful builds only to throw mobs/r add mechanics that that ignore or negate said power in its entirety is old-hat, so not having access to anything for 90% of it didn't bother me much. None of the bosses felt felt like they overstayed their welcome, but that's to be expected given the enemy level and whatever strength our stuff was at. Of course, when had access to our things it was a curbstomp too... so eh.

Things that I liked:
    The Drifter concept as fleshed out.
    Norah having more lines.
    Optional Objectives.

Things that I didn't like too much:
    Timey-wimey stuff.
    Killing off Teshin. (though timey-wimey, so it probably doesn't count.)
    Marg/Ballas relationship vibes felt cringe.

Thing I didn't like at all:
    Naming the "Lotus" being tied to an alignment, and permanent.

But now to finish the next two to see how this all pays off up to this point.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    BTW the bow is absolutely absurd, modded out. IIRC it's basically an Arca Plasmor, but with 150% crit and a projectile hitbox the size of Pluto, and it's not "AE" so all those penalties don't apply and it gets proper headshots. I think it's also infinite ammo, so you know. That's nice too.

Edit: Oh shit, and you haven't even gotten to the Laetum. You're gonna love the Laetum.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Edit: Oh shit, and you haven't even gotten to the Laetum. You're gonna love the Laetum.

Oh, I bought that BP yesterday because I had standing burning a hole in my pocket while I farm up the items for ranking up.

• Options

Oh, I bought that BP yesterday because I had standing burning a hole in my pocket while I farm up the items for ranking up.

You're gonna love it. Max the shit out of it, it kills like a primary. A good primary. (And I personally like the play loop it has.) The rifle is nice, but not... Amazing, and the melee is a better tonfa than the last best tonfa, but like, all melee is stupidly powerful so... Eh. But you'll want all three anyway to max them. (Have to run a mission with one in each slot.)

• Options
    Laetum is for people who haven't discovered the joy of Felarx.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Oh I forgot about that one. I still prefer the Laetum just for being a secondary tbh. I can bring something else dumb as my primary then, too.

• Options
    I also plan to build and try a bunch of new primaries. While *slaps roof of Soma Prime* I can fit so many bullets in this, I'd like to try more stuff.

• Options
    Depending on how many quests you're behind, you may be opening up an absolutely ridiculous number of new systems and bars to fill, too. If you haven't got a good amp, I'd put that on one of the burners, and if you don't know what an amp is, keep doing quests.

• Options
    I also plan to build and try a bunch of new primaries. While *slaps roof of Soma Prime* I can fit so many bullets in this, I'd like to try more stuff.

Soma Prime is really good until it isn't.

At which point it dives so hard into garbage it's kinda shocking. But then a lot of high ROF weapons have trouble holding up in the end game.

Which I hate because I loved the Soma :frowning:

• Options
    One reason I dislike the Eximus status invulnerability. So many weapons that just don't work when facing Eximus at higher levels.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm starting to hit the point where shields are major bullet sponges, but then they just turn into mist once the shield is down.

• Options
    One reason I dislike the Eximus status invulnerability. So many weapons that just don't work when facing Eximus at higher levels.

Yeah, it's weird that they pretty much redid nullifiers but for single target but then again... it's Warframe :P

I did like the bow (and bows in general) so, I might fiddle with it more after this other weapon I'm foddering up. It's got 4 mad pols out of the box too? neat.

I... have to admit I still haven't found something that surpasses my catchmoon in the secondaries... Would the Laetum match that?

• Options
    edited November 2022

Yeah, it's weird that they pretty much redid nullifiers but for single target but then again... it's Warframe :P

I did like the bow (and bows in general) so, I might fiddle with it more after this other weapon I'm foddering up. It's got 4 mad pols out of the box too? neat.

I... have to admit I still haven't found something that surpasses my catchmoon in the secondaries... Would the Laetum match that?

Well, the secondary fire mode is a SMG that shoots radiation grenades, so... Yeah, I'd say. My only complaint is it's projectiles.

The big deal is the perks it gets; one of them is a 50% chance to do 2000% (no, 2000, not a typo) damage on non-critical hits. Another option is just a stacking 400% damage buff when you neither crit nor proc status.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Double affinity weekend started, so I equipped some random rank zero stuff and dove into ye olde Hydron.

Turns out Limbo is hella weird.

• Options
    man, it would be neat Loki if got an Infiltrate type augment. surprised he hasn't after all this time. :V

Has anything about him changed in the past few years?

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Well, the secondary fire mode is a SMG that shoots radiation grenades, so... Yeah, I'd say. My only complaint is it's projectiles.

The big deal is the perks it gets; one of them is a 50% chance to do 2000% (no, 2000, not a typo) damage on non-critical hits. Another option is just a stacking 400% damage buff when you neither crit nor proc status.

A fully kitted Laetum in Fuck Off Mode is fully capable of deleting rooms, and those pesky hard targets (Eximus) that you especially want dead right now, even up into the hard parts of the game (Arbitrations, Hunts, Steel Path).

It's Win-Win, with the downside you have to single-tap pistol pew-pew a few headshots to rev up its engine. I normally hate that kind of shit (playing on a controller on PC), but for the Laetum I happily pay that cost for completely stupid DAKKA BOOM mode.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Double affinity weekend started, so I equipped some random rank zero stuff and dove into ye olde Hydron.

Turns out Limbo is hella weird.

If you dodge a lot Limbo is weird.

If you dodge a lot he's also the bane of everyone else that you're playing with.

He has amazing utility once you get the hang of him though! ...which I never did :tongue:

I just use him as a supply cache detector and sometimes as an objective defender though that's pretty rare as I like other options better.

• Options
    OK, Railjack Sparrow was a pretty good player name.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    CAPTAIN Railjack Sparrow!

• Options
    You are by far the worst game mode I've ever heard of.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Welp, no wonder I can't get that last Khora part to drop, turns out I need to wait to round 8, not round 4.

Also a ton of people drop out at round 2?

Echo on
  • Options
    Welp, no wonder I can't get that last Khora part to drop, turns out I need to wait to round 8, not round 4.

Also a ton of people drop out at round 2?

People dropping out before Reward C is a real pain in:
    Sanctuary Onslaught
    Elite Sanctuary Onslaught
    All Zariman endless missions (Less so in Armageddon if you have the right build).

• Options
    ...and Khora Systems dropped on my first game at round 8. So that's cookin' and in twelve hours we start baking Khora.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Grats. I tried, doing it to the focus cap for like 3 months before just givng up and buying her with plat

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ugh, need to do Archwing missions for mods to slap into my Mausolon, I guess.

This discussion has been closed.