Options

[Destiny 2] To the Lighthouse!

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    We're trying to finish out our various VoG triumphs before attempting master next week (when the challenge is first encounter).

We ended up running the whole thing as five chaos reach warlocks and one curiass titan, doing each of the one-off triumphs as well as the weekly Atheon challenge. It was really fun and surprisingly effective.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I've gotten to do the Solstice stuff for a couple of hours so far. What exactly is required to get the t-shirt? Finishing out the blues? The purples? Getting something to MW? Getting everything to MW?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Arteen wrote: »
    We're trying to finish out our various VoG triumphs before attempting master next week (when the challenge is first encounter).

We ended up running the whole thing as five chaos reach warlocks and one curiass titan, doing each of the one-off triumphs as well as the weekly Atheon challenge. It was really fun and surprisingly effective.

Nice, that’s basically what we did for the challenge on master. Four chaos reach warlocks, one cuirass titan, and a well (because we needed a well).

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    So, back in the old days (of last year) there used to be a way to 'catch up' a single gear slot by buying stuff from specific destination vendors. There were like one or two every week that would sell gear 'at level' so if you had one or two slots that were lagging behind you could target those, even if it took a bunch of random faction farming. Is that still in the game or did they remove that when they blew up 3/5ths of the entire game? I'm sitting at power 1284 (average) but my lowest two slots are 1280 and 1282. Bumping them to my average level would probably push everything to 1285.

Which is the easiest raid left in the game to finish? I was hoping to get that one done for the white glow.

26904.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    You can’t use vendors to bootstrap anymore. Closest you can sort of get is buying gear from Xur on the weekends. Umbral focusing can be used to narrow down the slots for weapons at the very least, or armor in general.

1280’s is still below the blue cap, so just keep running pinnacles and powerfuls and you should be up to 1300 pretty quickly.

For the raid, technically all you need is a completion, so you can just pickup a Riven checkpoint.

If you want to go through a whole raid though, I think Deep Stone Crypt might be the easiest, followed by Vault.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Ascendant shard every single reset is how it should be.

I love the Strike one where you'll probably be doing a bunch of high level nightfalls to advance which will give you shards anyways.

I think there's enough people who only low level NFs and, maybe one legendary NF a week for the 100k pinnacle. It still benefits them. The rest of us, though, not so much.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Oh hey, check me out! I got my first PvP hatemail!
    h41wwrpw0icc.jpg
    Of course, this was from someone on -my- team....

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Trials ranks eh? Color me intrigued

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Oh hey, check me out! I got my first PvP hatemail!
    h41wwrpw0icc.jpg
    Of course, this was from someone on -my- team....

People like that need to go outside lmao

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Sending hatemail to anyone, opposing team or your own, is so dumb....but I love when I get it.

That being said, I have been sorely tempted to message people on my own team and ask them if they needed help or advice because My God…couldn't figure out how to do it without sounding insulting, though.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Atheon challenge wasn’t nearly as bad as Gatekeeper. The biggest issue was just doing enough damage to Atheon.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

We did all yeet titans last week, it was fairly effective but could have gone a little better with practice.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    We had some survivability issues on atheon for some reason this week after fairly breezing through him last week. Finally got it done

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Just discovered I have a near-perfect Crimil’s Dagger in my vault:

Steadyhand, Rangefinder, Kill Clip, Range MW.

Unfortunately it also has alloy mag/extend mag, but maybe alloy will get a boost in the next patch with drop mag going away (plus whatever other changes they must be making to make primaries more useful)

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

We ended up running the whole thing as five chaos reach warlocks and one cuirass titan, doing each of the one-off triumphs as well as the weekly Atheon challenge. It was really fun and surprisingly effective.

Nice, that’s basically what we did for the challenge on master. Four chaos reach warlocks, one cuirass titan, and a well (because we needed a well).

We were also doing the "all Arc subclasses" triumph, otherwise we probably would've had a Well too. :P

I think I got 6 Triumphs just in that single run.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFzsPja8atw

So, how well do you remember both D1's first-look trailer and first gameplay demo video?

• Options
    I know it took me 45 seconds to hate that youtuber.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    TH3Jez is an acquired taste but I appreciate his work, especially his commitment to entering raids wildly unprepared in a way that makes Datto crazy.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    unfortunately the jez infected my vocabulary with calling everything in games a 'verb'y boi

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I have a really hard time not calling Dawnblades Dawnboys, it's just a better name.

• Options
    Ground out enough solstice stuff for the t-shirt yesterday. I feel like the armor requirements this year are lower than previous years? I went from "not quite done with the blue stuff" to "almost have two pieces masterworked" yesterday in one session. Pretty sure I did less than 10 total EAZ runs.

Previous years the Moments of Triumph have always(?) overlapped with Solstice. Wonder if they're just skipping MoT this year and we get the Solstice t-shirt instead? I feel like they'd have to kinda scrounge to come up with 20-odd triumphs to add for MoT, especially if two of them aren't "finish your purple solstice gear" and "masterwork solstice gear". There's, what, 4 total raids currently available? I think Garden and Last Wish were both already triumphs last MoT. There's I think one new dungeon in the past year? I think you can still do battlegrounds, overloads, and wrathborn hunts - though they already tied those to solstice gear steps. Same with GM nightfalls and legendary/master lost sectors.

• Options
    Moments of triumph usually happens in the last season before the next big expansion, and we are currently one season behind where we normally are right now.

Could see them maybe ditching the short for it this year though I guess.

• Options
    Wow, you actually gotta do those endgame goals to turn on the glow for this year's Solstice armor. That sucks. I wasn't like that last year, was it?

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Wow, you actually gotta do those endgame goals to turn on the glow for this year's Solstice armor. That sucks. I wasn't like that last year, was it?

Last year's glow requirements:
    Helmet: Complete a Nightfall Ordeal on Master difficulty
    Guantlets: Complete a Nightmare Hunt
    Chest: Complete a run of the Destiny 2 Pit of Heresy
    Leg: Win seven Trials of Osiris matches (not in a single passage)
    Class: Complete a Tier 5 Altar of Sorrow three times

• Options

I'm sure I never finished some of those. But I mean, I have the elemental glow for the armor. Did I just brain-fart and forget I bought it or something?

• Options

I'm sure I never finished some of those. But I mean, I have the elemental glow for the armor. Did I just brain-fart and forget I bought it or something?

White glow is from the requirements. Elemental/color glow is from Eververse.

• Options
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Year before that:
    Helmet: earn 200K points or more in a Nightfall Strike
    Arms: complete playlist Strikes with clanmates
    Chest: clear Shattered Throne with two or fewer player
    Boots: reset your Valor rank in Crucible
    Class: defeat orange- or yellow-bar enemies

First year:
    Head - Complete the Prestige Nightfall within the point threshold, which is noted on each strike emblem
    Arms - Complete five heroic strikes in a group with at least one clanmate
    Chest - Complete the Prestige Leviathan raid
    Legs - Reach the Valor rank of Legend in the Crucible
    Cloak - Defeat 10 bosses

It's always been this way. Though I can't remember how the glows worked in the previous years exactly. Or if there even was one for the first year or two.

Overall it's actually the least grindy it's ever been imo. The last steps ain't too bad and can be completed at any time as well.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

Year before that:
    Helmet: earn 200K points or more in a Nightfall Strike
    Arms: complete playlist Strikes with clanmates
    Chest: clear Shattered Throne with two or fewer player
    Boots: reset your Valor rank in Crucible
    Class: defeat orange- or yellow-bar enemies

First year:
    Head - Complete the Prestige Nightfall within the point threshold, which is noted on each strike emblem
    Arms - Complete five heroic strikes in a group with at least one clanmate
    Chest - Complete the Prestige Leviathan raid
    Legs - Reach the Valor rank of Legend in the Crucible
    Cloak - Defeat 10 bosses

It's always been this way. Though I can't remember how the glows worked in the previous years exactly. Or if there even was one for the first year or two.

Overall it's actually the least grindy it's ever been imo. The last steps ain't too bad and can be completed at any time as well.

You also don’t have to be wearing the armor, and it counts for all 3 classes.

• Options
    Yeah I completed the leg requirement (defeat 30 guardians) by accident. I'm going to struggle with the group-required ones like raids and dungeons.

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    Yeah I completed the leg requirement (defeat 30 guardians) by accident. I'm going to struggle with the group-required ones like raids and dungeons.

Does Harbinger count as a dungeon? I've solo'd it a few times and I'm pants at PvE

• Options
    FrederickDyversFrederickDyvers Registered User regular
    No, only Pit, Prophecy, and Shattered Throne count for dungeons.

• Options
    I got shit on all weekend in trials, in fact went against several extreme sweats. One of them decided to spam party invites to me so they could talk smack after knocking us out on game 4. Instead of joining to listen to him spew toxic hate speech at me, I joined and played Vengaboys "We Like to Party" at max volume through my mic. They kicked me. Unfortunately for them? They spammed me party invites... So I joined again and played "Boom Boom Boom Boom (I want you in my room)" at max volume. I got about halfway down their greatest hits pages before they blocked me.

Truly, a better reward than any adept gun

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Was someone high on coke when they came up with the Refractory Warrior triumph?

100 boss kills in the EAZ and it only counts the first, last, and taken bosses.

Edit: and can only be done every 4 days or whatever. There’s zero chance this wasn’t meant to exclude the mini bosses but Bungie gonna Bungie.

ronzo on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I've been swamped with work and house repairs so I haven't had the time to play recently but I might finally be seeing the end of the tunnel, how many hours would you guys say it'd take to get to the final armor level but not bother with the glow tasks?

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    I've been swamped with work and house repairs so I haven't had the time to play recently but I might finally be seeing the end of the tunnel, how many hours would you guys say it'd take to get to the final armor level but not bother with the glow tasks?

Took me about 2 days to get to purple, the most annoying thing (as a hunter) was solar grenade kills

• Options
    Opty wrote: »

I think I did all of the purple tasks in maybe 4 hours. The blue ones took a couple more hours.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    ronzo wrote: »
    Was someone high on coke when they came up with the Refractory Warrior triumph?

100 boss kills in the EAZ and it only counts the first, last, and taken bosses.

Edit: and can only be done every 4 days or whatever. There’s zero chance this wasn’t meant to exclude the mini bosses but Bungie gonna Bungie.

There was a similar requirement last year or the year before with the same issue. I'm betting they just copy/pasted that over and then made it only one day and no one involved in that remembered what it actually counted as a "boss".

Thankfully nothing is tied to the triumph, so you can ignore it. I went into the EAZ earlier this week on prism day, killed a bunch of mini-bosses, checked my triumph, realised it only counted the end bosses and went "Nah, fuck you" and stopped trying.

shryke on
  • Options
    You used to be able to kill some psion yello bars that would respawn during the Cabal multiple bosses - this was... the first year I think. It took a few attempts but eventually I got a group that just killed the psions and nothing else during the boss.

• Options
    The cabal boss still counts for 2-3 bosses instead of just one, so apparently the strat is just to 3-stack, keep dropping until you get the cabal boss, then only head-hunt the taken spawns all match, and leave instantly after killing the end boss.

Basically, play the complete opposite way the EAZ is intended to function.