Options

[Destiny 2] To the Lighthouse!

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    My one trials flawless since it came back was using suros and arc buddy and just prefiring lanes as I peaked. The Ttk on spun up suros with arc soul and getaway artist was just insane and then someone would join the fight late assuming they could clean up and just get melted by fully spun up suros and arc soul

Arc soul was also good for tracking targets easier as you pushed with shotty. How would that play in the current meta?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Probably pretty decent, arc soul slaps

• Options
    On our 5th match, we go against a double stack of top 500 players. They absolutely smack us around and take us to 4-0. On that last round both my teammates die so I run back to spawn and manage to pull out a greasy 1v3 to win the round. What follows is an absolute sweat fest of a match where we barely eek it out to tie at 4-4. Last round, we go in with two supers to their one. Immediately, my teammate gets a lucky headshot snipe and we push them into their spawn. I toss my super to mop up the last guy and we win, 5-4 against people with literal 2.0 kds

We went on to lose before I can snag another flawless but was an incredible match

According to DTR we had a 1 in 10 chance of winning
    w7ouis6sjlqv.jpg

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    According to DTR we had a 1 in 10 chance of winning
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/si/w7ouis6sjlqv.jpg

Those are two top 500 players. Top 100 if you're just looking at Xbox.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I ended my session last night with my power level at 1309-7/8. Soo close!!

I didn't try last night due to time constraints, but the prior day I hit up the Master Legendary Lost Sector and made it all the way to the end boss (with a few deaths) and then got stupid and died to trash and ended the run. I think I was around 1306 at the time. I think with the extra few levels it should be possible (for me anyway) now.

Now I just have 28 days to finish off the Solstice quests. I mean how hard can it be to complete a raid, a dungeon, a Master Nightfall and three Master Legend lost sectors, right?

EDIT: I mean "legendary" not "master". In my mind the names are backwards from the difficulty and I'm continually getting them crossed up. At least with the Nightfall it makes sense; "grandmaster" is harder than "master" duh!

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    You can do legendary lost sectors instead of masters for the gear, both count.

Raid wise, you can grab a riven/queens walk checkpoint and that will count as a completion.

Dungeons, same deal, grab a kell echo boss checkpoint. Alternatively, shattered throne is pretty quick with a group.

Master NF, the one last week was very easy, but this weeks shouldn’t be too bad

• Options
    Took literally all my spoils to do it, but I got the God-roll Praedyth. Frenzy, rewind, accurized, extended barrel, range mw. Gotta farm a bit for Fatebringer next week.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently it’s Prism day every day for this last week of solstice. Good if you want to farm that ridiculous triumph, but also great for the 20 activations of an empowerment.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Page late cause I’m on vacation but before I left I came back and was fucking around in Comp figuring out what I wanted to use and surprisingly I landed on the Multimach, I’ve got a decent roll and that thing SLAPS. Excited to see if I can get an even better one.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah the Multimach rips pretty hard, even on console where it isn't quite as easy to control as PC. I've got a killing wind/kill clip roll that just beats ass all day.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/G8N_t5opXB8
    Fallout- dunks on hunters for all using Stompees and Dragon's Shadow

*Me, a toxic Bakris crutch* yesss they are the problem, nerf them first

• Options
    Did my first ever GM Nightfall, wasn't as bad as I thought! Got an Adept Shadow Price... But I really wanted that Palindrome so I decided to run another one real quick and then bam
    kzuap78s1r0d.jpg
    Godroll first try baybeeee

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    GMs were way harder initially, mostly because people underestimated them at first, and learning curve existed for layouts and Champ management. They feel wayness daunting nowadays, so yeah, you should farm Shards during easier Strikes. Glad you finally jumped in!

Thats a nice looking Palindrome. I kinda want to farm a Box Breathing Hung Jury, but sadly don't think it is available during 2x loot week.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    We gave Master VoG a shot last week and a halfhearted second shot this week. Only two members of my team (including myself) are above 1340, and it was just too much. At my level it seems manageable but everyone else had a bad time and little motivation to keep at it. It's way harder than contest mode somehow.

Hopefully Master VoG doesn't get a power level bump next season, or the next season is long enough that more of my teammates can get closer to the power level. It should be a satisfying challenge when we're all closer in power.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Is the godroll for Praedyth’s frenzy? I though rewind/high impact was the consensus

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    It would be weird if mVoG didn't get its LL pushed forward because it occupies a similar design mentality as GMs, or so I think.

That being said, I hope it doesn't get its LL pushed because I want to do it eventually. I'm 1343 right now and the few runs I've attempted I really haven't had any issues with enemies or mechanics, but I've never been able to complete an encounter. All the LFGs I've tried just have had too many dead weight players. You really need to be 1340+ and bringing the most meta shit. Edit: And, frankly, you have to be kind of good. mVoG is the most elitist thing there is.

I need to find a good high-end PvE clan. Being in the eastern timezone means I never get to play with PA folks except for really late weekend nights.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    It would be weird if mVoG didn't get its LL pushed forward because it occupies a similar design mentality as GMs, or so I think.

That being said, I hope it doesn't get its LL pushed because I want to do it eventually. I'm 1343 right now and the few runs I've attempted I really haven't had any issues with enemies or mechanics, but I've never been able to complete an encounter. All the LFGs I've tried just have had too many dead weight players. You really need to be 1340+ and bringing the most meta shit. Edit: And, frankly, you have to be kind of good. mVoG is the most elitist thing there is.

I need to find a good high-end PvE clan. Being in the eastern timezone means I never get to play with PA folks except for really late weekend nights.

It's in a weird spot because "Master" VoG is at a higher power level requirement than any other "Master" activity. It's also a raid, which doesn't typically get an increase.

The only time Bungie increased the level of a raid was Prestige Leviathan, which got them in a ton of shit and they had to revert it.

• Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    We gave Master VoG a shot last week and a halfhearted second shot this week. Only two members of my team (including myself) are above 1340, and it was just too much. At my level it seems manageable but everyone else had a bad time and little motivation to keep at it. It's way harder than contest mode somehow.

Hopefully Master VoG doesn't get a power level bump next season, or the next season is long enough that more of my teammates can get closer to the power level. It should be a satisfying challenge when we're all closer in power.

Master mode really does need you all to be in a sweaty mindset. Min/Max loadouts and take advantage of any and all cover & AI exploits you can muster. I'm up to 1343 and things are hitting a little bit less, it's still a slog though.

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    The main thing is not to bleed lives and work together on champions. I did a run with a few sub 1340 dudes and they couldn't stay alive during the boss fight, we bled out 8 lives (and by we I mean they did) and we lost the fight. Just having people at 1340+ and playing with a brain you can do it 25-30 mins.

People want burn supers badly but I find being an invis hunter is very good for survival

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    My raid group was in lazy mode this season due to the lack of a power grind. They were all powerful enough from last season to do VoG / everything they cared about this season almost immediately, so...they literally only did normal VoG and a few other things. As a result, they were not going to break 1340 easily this season and they also didn't care to even try to because of the perceived lack of reward to do so for mVoG.

…which means those of us who were over 1340 didn't have a raid team. Ah well.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    It's a little crazy to me that to hit 1340 you have to grind 200 season pass levels. Plenty of people don't even hit 100 on the pass, so forcing people to grind so many bounties and challenges is too much.

• Options
    I'm never going to grind season pass levels to access activities, I reject that whole idea. Putting bounty grinding in place as the proof that you're devoted enough to the game to access "master" level activities is fucking crazy, there's a reason they disable artifact power in Trials.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm never going to grind season pass levels to access activities, I reject that whole idea. Putting bounty grinding in place as the proof that you're devoted enough to the game to access "master" level activities is fucking crazy, there's a reason they disable artifact power in Trials.

To be fair, Trials launched with artifact power level enabled, because Bungie.

Arteen on
  • Options
  • Options
    Interesting thing to note:
    Stadia will be in the console pool

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Mmm, I need to get into another VoG run if just to get my hands on the Warlock coat.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »

To be fair, Trials launched with artifact power level enabled, because Bungie.

Sure but in my head they changed it almost immediately. It was probably longer than that but I don't remember because it was so self evidently obviously a bad idea.

• Options
    Catalase wrote: »
    Is the godroll for Praedyth’s frenzy? I though rewind/high impact was the consensus

High impact is indeed the consensus, but frenzy’s total damage is similar, and I prefer frenzy’s additional buffs.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Speaking of power levels, I tipped over 1310 after four long weeks of grinding and successfully soloed my first ever Legend Lost Sector.

And then did it two more times for the Solstice glow.

Now I need a raid, a dungeon and a Master Nightfall. The nightfall seems the most daunting to me.

26904.png
  • Options
    BTW Ada has the Radiant Light (+40 Strength) mod today

• Options
    Bungie please don't make me suffer through gambit games for a Pinnacle only to drop in the slot I don't need ever again

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Bungie please don't make me suffer through gambit games for a Pinnacle only to drop in the slot I don't need ever again

I really wish you could focus one Pinnacle into a specific slot like...once a week.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »

I really wish you could focus one Pinnacle into a specific slot like...once a week.

The fact that we've gone this many years with your limited pool of upgrade rewards not automatically being weighted to drop in slots where they actually are an upgrade tells me that's exactly how Bungie wants it and that getting 5 pairs of boots in a row is a feature, not a bug.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options

The fact that we've gone this many years with your limited pool of upgrade rewards not automatically being weighted to drop in slots where they actually are an upgrade tells me that's exactly how Bungie wants it and that getting 5 pairs of boots in a row is a feature, not a bug.

Bungie said they were exploring ways to improve this part of the leveling experience... like a year-and-a-half ago. I guess it went into the same discard bin as the "tenth Better Devils" talk they had in Y1.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Bungie said they were exploring ways to improve this part of the leveling experience... like a year-and-a-half ago. I guess it went into the same discard bin as the "tenth Better Devils" talk they had in Y1.

Nah, that one only took a year at most to fix. I think we've been waiting on the leveling fix longer then that now.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Regardless, a year of no update or action on their part is a pretty good indicator of how little making that experience better means to them.

Only having seasons add +10 helps curb the bleeding, but still.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I mean, they may have talked about it a year and a half ago but it's been a problem going back all the way to D1 Y1. There have been times when it wasn't a big problem because leveling to the cap was easy no matter how bad your drops were but the "you can only get X drops this week which will improve your overall PL and it's possible to get all X in the same slot" issue seems both trivial* to fix and is just built into the gear-based-level, pure-rng system Bungie has built.

* It should be relatively trivial to adjust the loot table based on your current gear levels so that you get something in a slot you need; or at least don't get something in your highest slot, but Bungie has proven over and over again that however bad you might think their codebase is...it's worse. So it's probably not actually trivial for some arcane reason.

Edit:
    I guess one could argue that the artifact power bonus system is sort of a mitigation for the gear problem, in that you always grind up some more PL from the artifact. They've just then gone on to subvert the mitigation by introducing content which requires you to have max PL gear and grind out 200 ranks worth of power bonus to be on-par, PL-wise.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

Nah, that one only took a year at most to fix. I think we've been waiting on the leveling fix longer then that now.

Bungie fixed the larger problem of how to make gear exciting to earn, but never solved the smaller problem of how to make duplicate static gear drops exciting. That whole endeavor failed and Bungie went back to random rolls.

I wonder if Bungie will ever rework the RNG, individual gear slot leveling system because it's been awful since vanilla D1. The system is an absurdity.

• Options
    Change the prime engrams to the umbral focusing system, except just make it 8 broad categories for all of the slots and not use any resources or have weekly limits.

Boom, huge chunk of the problem solved.