As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    My brain is going to explode trying to configure all these new ui/gameplay options
    doesn't help that i inherited a guild and i need to figure out these gvg options

edit: destroyer is fun, feels like a melee sorc tho. my current gear/spec doesn't seem to be tanky enough to position near the head for additional damage

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    valtan is a nice step up from argos and feels like the first couple proper fights of the game

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    managed to hit 1445 but I'm not sure if i'll just go and do Valtan normal this week with my guild for the experience or try and sweat out immediately in hard mode. I get the feeling that trying to pug hard mode Valtan is probably gonna be a nightmare.

Orphane on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I'm nervous about doing p2 argos clears now that valtan is out

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    destroyer pvp is fun in co-op, the maxroll build means you have aoe disrupt using earth eater and a big single target dmg skill with perfect swing. He's got a ton of stagger immunity to close the gap too
    the only issue is that you have to hit your skills or you'd be kited to high heaven and not get anything done

edit: valtan is fun. beat gate1 normal after an hour learning in a pug, then one shot with a new group. Spent another 4 hours over 3 groups to beat gate 2. Once you are able to memorize/identify Valtan's moves, it becomes easier. Definitely a huge improvement from argos

hardest part is still finding a support in each raid

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    cleared valtan hard today

ironically in a party of 8 dps gate 1 is suffering because the killer there is damage from various boss attacks, so people inting will cost you damage and pots and eventually there aren't enough people alive to push damage. Me and 2 guildies had to reform because the first group of randos we recruited just weren't dodging

gate 2 is significantly less hard on the potion bank because if you get hit often times it's relatively negligible chip damage, or it's a big damage mechanic that'll wipe just enough of your health to pot but as long as you're playing well you won't have to pot more than a few times each attempt, or, most commonly, you get hit and fall off and die so no potion is necessary. We had some really good attempts getting him into Ghost phase where people would just slip up and get picked off or a counter that needed to happen didn't which would snowball into too many people going down. At the end of our attempts I'm sure people were kind of losing focus especially after a really close one where we had a lot of people going into ghost but then a mystery activated counter stance wiped us. However, we knuckled down, eventually got to ghost phase with 6 people remaining, and just executed enough to get the counters to remove his damage reduction, get a Thirain assist in for big damage, and then finish off his remaining hp for the win.

Orphane on
  • Options
    never though i would be interested, but might actually go for the hard mode chest next week - it would allow me to make 2pc relic right away, since im looking for weapon/armor - its quite the premium, though, it went for like ~10k this week, and its just 5 bones

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

• Options
    i think it'd be a couple of weeks before i dare make the trudge from 1415 to 1445 on my main. In the meantime, I've got all my other alts at 1340 and one almost to 1370/1385

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Trying to push past 1385 has largely burned me out

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Honestly 1340 to 1370 is still the worst imo. Large gap with no discernible breakpoints. At least with the push from 1385, you know that +16/+17 items give you a "big" ilvl boost to get you to 1415

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Finally hit 1370, it may be where I end up stopping at least for a while

1340 to 1370 was a crap time and I dont even know how to get the gear to go above that, Is it raids?

Gonna try an alt or two in the mean time, so far melee is not nearly as fun to level as a sorc was

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

1340 to 1370 was a crap time and I dont even know how to get the gear to go above that, Is it raids?

Gonna try an alt or two in the mean time, so far melee is not nearly as fun to level as a sorc was

You do Oreha hard mode/raid Argos at 1370 to get legendary gear, which has a soft honing reset when you transfer over your +15 purples to +6 legendaries so you can start honing all over again

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Whoops can't play today because my server(Shandi) queue has been at 5k every time i try. I hope the issue is just about bots because thats at least relatively easy to solve

EDIT: I waded into the official forums and apparently they reduced server capacity to combat server load/lag issues. On the bright side its before the Valtan patch...

Is it a bright side? After valtan hits it can only get worse

Should go for 1385 for honing buff research on any alts. You most likely have enough greater leaps to get there when you eventually get all orange gear.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    June/July roadmap is out https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/june-and-july-2022-roadmap
      • Free Punika Powerpass sometime this Summer
      • Another Express Event being finalized
      JUNE
      • Legion Raid - Vykas (Normal & Hard)
      • New Guardian Raid - Kungelanium
      • New single player spire climb - Thronespire starting ilvl 1325
      • New Store Cosmetics - Yoz’s Jar
      JULY
      • Release one new Advanced Class every two months for the rest of 2022, starting with Arcanist
      • Valtan Legion Raid - Inferno Difficulty
      • Challenge Abyssal Dungeons

I totally missed the class release schedule but after reading online comments, its apparent that smilegate/ags's initial plans to catch EN up with KR has changed. There's 5 classes + unreleased Aeromancer in KR that are missing from the global version, which would basically take a year to get them all into the EN version according to the new schedule. Very lame.

Weekly Update as well, which contains a bunch of bug fixes
      https://forums.playlostark.com/t/lost-ark-weekly-update-june-2nd-12-am-pt-7-am-utc-9-am-cest/396600
      Chaos Dungeon exchange vendor rewards have been adjusted to be character bound. Shards earned from Chaos Dungeons are Roster bound, so players can share them with other characters on their Roster in order to redeem rewards from the exchange on alternate characters.
      Hopefully this makes a dent on the botting issue

UrQuanLord88 on
      urquanlord88.png
    • Options
      The class release schedule is a bummer and I think it will drive more people away for good, rather than enticing a lot of lapsed players to come back when their 'main' finally drops in this region - everything else Im down with. I definitely expected a 2mo wait for vykas, but here we are, and Im back grinding mats

• Options
      extremely weird that they're dragging out class releases even further. if anything i thought they would allow us to buy powerpasses, release them 2 at a time and just let the playerbase go ham on catching up because i feel like that would bring in both playerbase and dollars. What even is the calculus there? Unless they saw the reaction from Glavier and Destroyer coming out with only 1 powerpass and 1 express event between them and drew the wrong conclusion that they needed to slow down releases because people were mad they weren't given enough info to make an informed decision on what newly released classes they wanted to use these boosters on.

anyways if they're going to persist in having a month+ in between class releases i'm going to expect free punika powerpasses for each one cause like hell i'm replaying any t1 and t2 content. I did my time!!!!

I'm 1455 at this point so 2 hones away from 1460 aka Kungelanium and Vykas hard access. I could probably do it just by going for armor but I am hard sunk cost into getting my weapon to +20, consequences be damned. Having another weekly thing to do in Challenge Abyss will be nice, I guess.

Hopefully they add more skins soon to support the Legendary skins they're rolling out- while the dawn skins were nice none of them really caught my eye for the classes I play.

• Options
      It'll be interesting to see if they do any sort of adjustment to the legendary skin gatcha cost, since they seem to have left it intact from what it was in other regions - people are saying that its a 300-400 dollar spend to complete it, and I think there might be an actual meltdown if those numbers stay the same. I'm expecting them to do what they did with the ark pass, and just lower the cost of it for the western audience, but who knows.

• Options
      Argos P1 small pizza can get fucked

2x39jD4.jpg
    • Options
      edited June 2022
      Argos P1 small pizza can get fucked

it's rough to figure out in the beginning but here's a few bits of info about it that makes it easier to handle
      1. The pattern always moves goes through 5 slices of the pizza, with the first "step" being the starting point of the pattern.
      2. The pattern always changes direction back upon itself but only does so once. There's slight variation since it picks from a few different sequences but given that steps 1 and 5 are fixed the turn can only come at 2, 3, or 4.
      3. The start points can change depending on the pattern selection mentioned in 2. The ending safe spots (which are the most important) correspond to the intercardinal directions around Argos at the middle. Commonly in parties they'll refer to the most commonly grouped at safe spots as 5 (moon) and 7 (sun) o'clock which is...close enough?

so if you aren't doing with some sort of shield cheese, you find the starting safe spot, watch the pattern go, and then follow it to the end spot. if you lose track midway, the important thing is just to avoid the last big hit by going to the end safe spot even if you have to pot to tank through the intermediate hits. at this point there are definitely a lot of guide videos for it so you can look for those if my explanation seems nonsensical

Orphane on
    • Options
      SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
      I hopped back in and am trying out Gunlancer, hoo boy why did I not try this class before!?

I'm just a stompy, stunny, tanky boi who doesn't care about mechanics when my shield is up

Steam: Spawnbroker
    • Options
      yea they can do a lot of pretty impressive stuff - like all these classes as you get more gear (or in your case more spec), you can basically keep a full shield up all the time and basically ignore any content you dont feel like engaging with

• Options
      convinced my guild to not fight me for the Valtan Hard bone box with the application of logic and some gold distributed via the auction, so I got my 2 set Earth's Entropy

that always on crit dmg assuming back attacks vs argos's temp, conditional paired bonus is real nice

also pitied my 19>20 weapon hone which was very painful but hey, that glow:
      unknown.png

• Options
      Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
      edited June 2022
      Have been a bit absent from the game for awhile unfortunately, but I'll probably get back into it some next month when the Arcanist gets in because I've really been looking forward to being a Card Wizard

Lord_Asmodeus on
      Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    • Options
      edited June 2022
      I was really hoping the super express quest was gonna be more functionally similar to a power pass, but I guess it still requires you to play a lot of T1 and T2 content if you express quest a fresh 50

Bummer

Kwoaru on
      2x39jD4.jpg
    • Options
      edited June 2022
      i prefer the super express quest over a power pass solely because it gives you a lot of materials and other goodies

EDIT: I need to figure out a way to filter my PuG valtan normal raids. Spent 3 hrs on Gate 2 feeling like we should have downed the boss but thinking back, it was usually me and another guy consistently staying alive in the ghost phase. Sunk cost really gets me :(

UrQuanLord88 on
      urquanlord88.png
    • Options
      the amount of rewards that you get at the final level of the express quest makes almost any amount of work worth it, they were very very good - the doubled honing rates alone should've made it feel pretty ok, but im with you on having to do some of that story content again when you basically had zero reason or interest in it (rohendel for the 6th time hell yea) does add a bit of salty to the sweet.

• Options
      edited June 2022
      the first express pass was really nice in terms of the honing buff and overall rewards but t1 and t2 content has basically worn out its welcome for me at this point, especially the guardians and to a lesser extent the story. It was also kind of goofy how the chaos dungeon task for express allowed you to do higher difficulties and still get credit but the guardian task made you do specific tiers of guardians, which is understandable but also sort of annoying for alts/powerpassed chars since you could blow past entire subtiers depending on how much mats you had left over or how much gold you were willing to spend to skip t1/t2. Since the Punika powerpass should be boosting an alt straight to t3 at 1302, I'm really hoping the next express pass will be aimed at characters at or near the beginning of t3 to help them get past the 1370 wall and give them a good push towards 1415.

Orphane on
    • Options
      edited June 2022
      https://forums.playlostark.com/t/lost-ark-weekly-update-june-16th-12-am-pt-7-am-utc-9-am-cest/411573
      Heroes of Arkesia,

All Lost Ark servers and regions will be coming offline on June 16th at 12 AM PT / 7 AM UTC / 9 AM CEST for our regularly scheduled maintenance and update. Downtime is estimated to last up to 4 hours, and includes the following changes:

Added an additional track for 5 days of new login rewards. You can continue earning the previous month’s rewards in addition to these new rewards, so players who may have been impacted by recent queues will have some extra time to claim their goodies.
      Extended the end date of the Wild Wings Island Event by one week, as well as related reward item expiration dates.

Thank you for your patience, and we’ll see you back in Arkesia soon!
      I'm glad they finally got around to kicking more bots out, i hope it will be a regular occurrence if they can't be arsed to find a permanent solution. Having to deal with login queues is getting real tiresome.
      Vykass being delayed also seems to indicate that they aren't going to divert more manpower into accelerated content for NA/EU and also explains the change in class release schedule. Personally, it's basically signaling that i should probably play something else and let chaos/guardian raid bonus pile up
      Also gives me more time/mats to bring the rest of my alts up to 1385.

UrQuanLord88 on
      urquanlord88.png
    • Options
      StationaryStationary Registered User regular
      I'm still chugging along pretty well, definitely not doing all 6 characters everyday anymore but I also don't feel like I need to either. Looking forward to vykas presumably next week and really looking forward to inferno valtan next month. Valtan is pretty high up the on my list of favorite raidbosses across like 4 different games and that's just on normal and hard.

• Options
      edited June 2022
      i'm 2 piece entropy 2 piece poem of salvation 2 piece argos now, so the only thing I can do at this point to improve my setup is to spend an absurd amount to get better engravings on accessories or win the roll on RNG for honing

the nice thing about Poem of Salvation is that it makes you an overwhelmingly powerful chicken
      hh138fztyo80.png

p.s.
      my DB was 1400 already and sitting on 1000 GHLs so i said "fuck it" and pushed, since it's just getting two armor pieces from +12 to +17
      i had to squeeze out all available shop GHLs for my glaivier to hit 1415 since she's spent a lot less time in t3 accumulating GHLs via boss rush/dailies, but she also made it, so that's 2 alts that are doing Valtan normal now in addition to my main doing Valtan hard
      9pxf77tpfdwb.png

probably going to park my Destroyer at 1340 for a bit unless we keep getting free purple books, waiting to see what happens with Arcana first

in other news that June update is looking....very questionable on whether or not it's going to be the 23rd or the 30th (lol), but good news! it does seem like recently the new detection tools SG has rolled out for dealing with botters haven't had the botters get around them in a single day, so RMTing and botting is down by a whole lot as a result. They have also seemingly taken action against some RMTers, so things are looking up when it comes to actual players affording blue crystal prices and well, literally everything else of value on the AH. Hopefully this sticks and AGS/SG keep up the fight without letting the botfarms and RMTers get comfortable.

Orphane on
    • Options
      the summer event stuff looked good - i know we won't see most of it when KR does, especially the classes/content, but if we get the qol stuff pumped into our version of the game quickly, im going to be pretty happy about it - some of the standouts for me (most of this was listed in a reddit translation thread):

Can visit all stronghold communities cross server via roster
      Use skill books to learn tripods permanently like engravings (added after major balance changes affect tripods)
      More testing options in trixion training area (tripods, gems, cards)
      Updates to MVP system after content clear (more details, no trash mob calculation)
      World Map update (QoL and visiblity changes)
      Avatar/Costume Closet wardrobe system to save costume pieces and preview (~400 slots)
      New Player buff for first few legion raid runs
      Pass leader while in observe mode

Most of the other stuff like new guardians and raids and zones i have completely written off - ill believe it when i see it, but they haven't been shy about giving us the updated class/encounter balancing early, so im pretty hopeful.

• Options
      I'm 99% convinced that localization is the main blocker for NA servers
      its more probable that they port in simple qol stuff that doesn't require localization than gameplay/story related stuff
      heck, the first thing that comes over is probably going to be the next round of class balance changes

urquanlord88.png
    • Options
      Release notes are out
      https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/wrath-of-the-covetous-legion-release-notes
      • Updates/reset day is Wednesday starting next week
      • Vykas Legion raid, Players will need to be Item Level 1430 to attempt Normal difficulty, and 1460 for Hard.
      • Kungelanium Guardian Raid, item level 1460 or higher
      • Thronespire, Item Level 1325 to participate.
      • Heartbeat Island, where you can collect Festival Coins through various activities, which can be exchanged for a variety of rewards.
      • Stronghold Research that improves alternate characters’ honing rates on their journey to Item Level 1415. This can be researched at Item Level 1460.
      • Two new cosmetic collections and new pets arrive in the store
      • Growth Support Pack - available in exchange for 500 Royal Crystals/Punika Growth Support Pack - available in exchange for 1,000 Royal Crystals for shards/destruction/guardian stones
      • Bug Fixes

urquanlord88.png
    • Options
      Vykas is definitely a step up from Valtan in terms of coordination and individual performace for doing mechs

My guild and I ran with a couple pubs and we managed to get gate 1 down in a couple of hours because of how punishing a single death before certain thresholds are passed can be before we ran out of time due to an early emergency maint

Definitely a lot of fun though!

• Options
      yea, we did the first two as a group with a pug and even that was a liability at times with how much more intricate the mechanics of each fight end up being - its real good though

• Options
      you are going to be a huge credit to team if your striker has the same beefy stagger as the other martial artists - even with a wei dump at the end that final phase can get real spicy

• Options
      we got gates 1 and 2 on Hard. Had to drop to Normal for 3 because the pubs we recruited for the first two had to leave and we wanted to finish in a reasonable time, but that still nets us 10 wings for a relic set armor piece and Vykas being split across 3 gates means doing 1 on normal isn't a big loss in terms of overall rewards.
      hush wrote: »
      you are going to be a huge credit to team if your striker has the same beefy stagger as the other martial artists - even with a wei dump at the end that final phase can get real spicy

striker's stagger isn't particularly amazing esp as deathblow, so not quite, but i do offer something else
      akupt01h0gsk.png

• Options
      KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
      Fun raid. Feels a lot cleaner than Valtan.

Also, booba.

• Options
      by all indications the Arcana update is coming July 20th

• Options
      Arcana, swimsuits, a new summer event island with a generous store, challenge abyss dungeons, what's not to like?