As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]s are Long Liquid

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm this close to throwing Slay the Spire out the window.

I cannot seem to crack Act 2 of the Silent on A10. And hearing everyone talk about the higher ascensions makes me think I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, and all the advice from the G&T and SE++ threads isn't helping. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I will solve Japan's under-population problem!

• Options
    Grunt's arc is great: he was a weapon made to kill and he finds joy and self-actualization in killing.

What's not to like?

• Options
    Miranda's arc is also good: her dad gave her a great ass with bad intentions and now he's been merc'd so everyone's happy.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

I cannot seem to crack Act 2 of the Silent on A10. And hearing everyone talk about the higher ascensions makes me think I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, and all the advice from the G&T and SE++ threads isn't helping. :(

Have you tried watching Jorbs or anything? Some of my IRL friends love doing that for StS and they've gotten very skilled

sig.gif
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Legends of Tomorrow seems like a show you have to watch from the start to really get.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Chris Avellone suing 100 people for defamation is something that won't work well for him.

But he will probably be fine in the long run because he is a white guy

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I'm back on coding tutorials and I've constructed a grid with nodes that detect their neighbour, which is I think a visual representation of an array?

The tutorial had me build 8 loops, one for each orthogonal and diagonal neighbour node, but neighbours aren't checked for direction; surely I could set up a single loop that does the math in the array to check whether they're neighbors based on relative location

Hmm I will maybe try this after the tutorial

I remember building a game from a hodgepodge of lifted code in undergrad, and it was not object-oriented and it was a goddamn nightmare compared to Game Maker

Anyway this is all very pleasing and I look forward to actually implementing pathfinding and seeing the light

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Also

g3rezd78zub7.jpeg

1znhaie0h5sk.jpeg

And now

6rcfuve0yir1.jpeg

• Options
    that is some good looking cicada of the sea

• Options
    Fucking plovers ruined my beach plan though

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Anyway this is all very pleasing and I look forward to actually implementing pathfinding and seeing the light
    D:

But also shout out to my boy Djikstraaaaaaaaa

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    goddamn gimme them bug sammies

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I need more parasols. My folks keep sending me cheap parasols.

YOU KNOW WHAT I AM AFTER, PARENTAL UNITS. YOU’RE JUST TRYING TO GET ME ON A PLANE TO JAPAN.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    We got a speeding ticket 😱😬😱

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    I'm back on coding tutorials and I've constructed a grid with nodes that detect their neighbour, which is I think a visual representation of an array?

The tutorial had me build 8 loops, one for each orthogonal and diagonal neighbour node, but neighbours aren't checked for direction; surely I could set up a single loop that does the math in the array to check whether they're neighbors based on relative location

Hmm I will maybe try this after the tutorial

I remember building a game from a hodgepodge of lifted code in undergrad, and it was not object-oriented and it was a goddamn nightmare compared to Game Maker

I did something similar way back when. Though it was only 4 directions. I remember using recursion to traverse the grid.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Also

g3rezd78zub7.jpeg

1znhaie0h5sk.jpeg

And now

6rcfuve0yir1.jpeg
    ...is that Mayo?

SMH

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    We got a speeding ticket 😱😬😱

How many buttons did you unbutton on your shirt before the officer came up to the window?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Also

g3rezd78zub7.jpeg

1znhaie0h5sk.jpeg

And now

6rcfuve0yir1.jpeg
    ...is that Mayo?

SMH

What do you think a lobster tail is?

lobster flavored mayo

• Options
    Also

g3rezd78zub7.jpeg

1znhaie0h5sk.jpeg

And now

6rcfuve0yir1.jpeg
    ...is that Mayo?

SMH

lobster flavored mayo

Lobster flavored butter in my house.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    D:

I mean I assume I'm just using A* and there will be zero problems because pathfinding is never difficult for enemies in video games

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Lobster roll I meant

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Have you tried watching Jorbs or anything? Some of my IRL friends love doing that for StS and they've gotten very skilled

Not yet. Strangely I feel weird about watching other people playing this. Like.. I have always felt that way about card games? Studying other players feels like then it's not me coming up with whatever works. But... At the same time, I know StS needs a very specific deck or two to win once you get to higher ascensions, and it's really a matter of putting together a successful run. But when they take an hour...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular

I'm in the same position with basically every character

the game seems to take great joy in not offering me an energy relic after the first boss as well

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »

I'm in the same position with basically every character

the game seems to take great joy in not offering me an energy relic after the first boss as well

That's the part I'm struggling with too! It's like... all these amazing, cornerstone cards take 3 energy, and so.. how can I use them and get to the 50-70 block a turn that it is implied I'll need later in the game?

I'm gonna go back to Isaac tonight. =/ I should fire up Gungeon or keep playing River City Girls...

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    It's that time of year again.

OpSUQa8.jpg?1

Now I'll spend the next month having to watch where I'm walking behind the house so I don't accidentally squish any.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Also

g3rezd78zub7.jpeg

And now

6rcfuve0yir1.jpeg
    ...is that Mayo?

SMH

1znhaie0h5sk.jpeg

ENHANCE

47buhin8n0ka.jpeg

I swing both ways ok

• Options
    Also

g3rezd78zub7.jpeg

And now

6rcfuve0yir1.jpeg
    ...is that Mayo?

SMH

1znhaie0h5sk.jpeg

ENHANCE

47buhin8n0ka.jpeg

I swing both ways ok

That’s what daddy likes.

• Options
    And now I have a bucket of lobster stock ready for another adventure

Bisque? Risotto? Who can say????

• Options
    And now I have a bucket of lobster stock ready for another adventure

Bisque? Risotto? Who can say????

Porque no los dos

I’m seriously jealous, Vish. I could eat every lobster put in front of me, stomach be damned

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Also

g3rezd78zub7.jpeg

1znhaie0h5sk.jpeg

And now

6rcfuve0yir1.jpeg
    ...is that Mayo?

SMH

lobster flavored mayo

Lobster flavored butter in my house.

Butter flavored mayo

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I have no problem essentially putting a funnel in my mouth and downing lobster bisque until the heat death of the universe tbh

• Options
    I’m very surprised to learn the Guinness Book record for stacked m&ms is five

Just five

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I can't really get into these CW superhero shows.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Snowden basically did everything right, carefully controlled what was released, trusted nobody at all, and it turned out that most people just didn't care very much about living in a fucking police state, and now he'll live the rest of his life a fugitive. So that one was a lot of fun.

Fleeing to China and then Russia makes me disagree with the "did everything right" part.

So he should have done what exactly after releasing the info? Go to prison a martyr? Gone to a US ally that he pissed off the go to prison? Gone somewhere he'd be killed?

The list of options was short and refuge with american intelligence's enemies was probably the only one that kept him alive and not in prison.

If your argument is "I'm doing this for the good of my country" then you probably shouldn't follow it up by giving even more classified documents to your country's rivals, no.

The latter action does kinda eat into your ethical argument for the former, even if the initial leak itself was justifiable.

There's no proof he ever did anything of the sort. There was an anonymous government source that said China and Russia had decrypted his full document cache, which Snowden denied and which the US and UK governments declined to comment on. The timing of the news story that this had been done was highly suspicious as well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33125068

There was an improperly redacted document published by the NYT that could have potentially helped Al-Qaeda, and then the very general information about how mass surveillance was being used globally caused many terrorists (and companies, and nation states) to switch over all communication to end to end encryption.

As far as I am aware that is the entirety of the fallout. Some sketchy, likely propaganda claims from a single anonymous government source, minor fumbling from a traditional media outlet, and the consequences of generally making public the practices of the NSA (his primary disclosure, which affected everyone).

Unless I am missing something else.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

The budget and melodrama makes me feel like I’m watching Power Rangers for adults

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    It's that time of year again.

OpSUQa8.jpg?1

Now I'll spend the next month having to watch where I'm walking behind the house so I don't accidentally squish any.

Damn, now matt really DOES have a problem

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Watching one can be okay for awhile, but they all seem to devolve into caricatures of themselves with self-parodic plots.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Bethryn wrote: »
    D:

I mean I assume I'm just using A* and there will be zero problems because pathfinding is never difficult for enemies in video games

Well, not for turn based or obvious-node ones anyway.

A continuous space with random maps is probably a butt, though I'd bet it wouldn't be trivial to build a graph based on impassable terrain and then just A* on that.

This discussion has been closed.