As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] - Harry Kane - Goals: 267, Trophies: 0

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    OR IS IT?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I'll allow it.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Never liked football.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Nein
    I can't believe United are going to finish outside the top 4 despite Ronaldo's 47 goals scored across all competitions in 2021.

• Options
    Jose Sa was a pretty useful buy for us.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Newcastle continue to hit every single branch on the way down.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Nein
    i was told rangnick would be whipping these united players into running more and i feel like i've been lied to

• Options
    Nein
    Tav wrote: »
    i was told rangnick would be whipping these united players into running more and i feel like i've been lied to

Rashford in particular just looks defeated. Like he's either got long covid or is going through some personal stuff. It's a good thing United have gotten a new psychologist.

• Options
    Nein
    there’s the Granit Xhaka we all know and love

• Options
    bv2iynn8gsg2.jpeg

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Clearly an honest attempt to play the ball(s)

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Fucking Xhaka.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited January 2022

Translation
    According to the CAF medical commission, the players Pierre Emerick Aubameyang, Axel Meyé and Mario Lemina barely out of the Covid cannot take part in this match.
    The examinations would show cardiac lesions.
    CAF did not want to take any risks.
    Alphonso Davis at Bayern is also out for with heart problems for a few weeks at least after a recent covid infection.

Might end some careers

honovere on
  • Options
    Nein
    i obviously feel bad for those players but what's really scaring me about that is that those players only found out after follow-ups

how many regular people are getting cardiac examinations after getting covid

• Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    How very Arsenal this is, however the blame lies with the PL who have really made a poor decision here - 1 Covid case - the other stuff about injuries and AFCON is irrelevant.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Nein
    Thanks to the Sudanese team for not giving me a late disappointment and instead letting Nigeria score in the first 3 minutes so I know what kind of match it’s gonna be.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    No
    Elki wrote: »
    Thanks to the Sudanese team for not giving me a late disappointment and instead letting Nigeria score in the first 3 minutes so I know what kind of match it’s gonna be.

That's just being considerate

• Options
    Squeaky bum time at 2-1 with five to go.

• Options
    CHRIST ALIVE, TRAORE HAS HIT THE TARGET.

• Options
    Nein
    Took a complete keeper fuck up for United to finally score a set piece goal after 90+ tries

• Options
    In conclusion, football truly is a game of two halves.

sig.gif
  • Options
    And in keeping with the thread title, apparently Benitez is gone at Everton.

Maybe they'll have Big Sam back?

sig.gif
  • Options
    This is from a couple of weeks ago but it’s an entire sub genre of videos I didn’t know existed. Incredible.

https://youtu.be/fBbCp8ov-dk

• Options
    Nein
    mark goldbridge is an absolute embarrassment of a man and i hate that he's one of the most prominent united fans

at least aftv are fun

• Options
    Nein
    absolute 5d chess from Rafa to manage Everton and still manage to increase his stature at Liverpool

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I don't want to enjoy that.

I'll be in my bunk.

• Options
    LCWXXXOPLCWXXXOP Registered User regular
    be like winning the lottery and going to prison

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    https://theathletic.com/3079669/2022/01/19/fa-looking-into-yellow-card-shown-to-arsenal-player-over-suspicious-betting-patterns?source=user-shared-article

The Football Association is looking into a yellow card received by an Arsenal player in a Premier League fixture this season, amid concerns over suspicious betting patterns.

It is understood that bookmakers flagged to the FA an unusual amount of money placed on the Arsenal player being shown a yellow card during a Premier League game this season.

The FA told The Athletic: “The FA is aware of the matter in question and is looking into it.”

The Athletic knows the identity of the player in question but has agreed not to reveal it at this time due to privacy reasons.

Multiple gambling industry insiders have told The Athletic that the pattern of betting surrounding the player being shown a yellow card during the match was highly unusual.

Lol time to wildly speculate at who it is. And why Xhaka did it.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    https://theathletic.com/3079669/2022/01/19/fa-looking-into-yellow-card-shown-to-arsenal-player-over-suspicious-betting-patterns?source=user-shared-article

The Football Association is looking into a yellow card received by an Arsenal player in a Premier League fixture this season, amid concerns over suspicious betting patterns.

It is understood that bookmakers flagged to the FA an unusual amount of money placed on the Arsenal player being shown a yellow card during a Premier League game this season.

The FA told The Athletic: “The FA is aware of the matter in question and is looking into it.”

The Athletic knows the identity of the player in question but has agreed not to reveal it at this time due to privacy reasons.

Multiple gambling industry insiders have told The Athletic that the pattern of betting surrounding the player being shown a yellow card during the match was highly unusual.

Lol time to wildly speculate at who it is. And why Xhaka did it.

If it lets us cancel his contract and get him to fuck off, I'm here for it.

• Options
    Nein
    partey really flew home on a private jet for that lmao

• Options
    An Everton fan threw a bottle at Aston Villa players after Villa scored a goal. It hit Matty Cash and Lucas Digne.

• Options
    City dropping points, so I'm sure Liverpool will tomorrow as well, it's only polite.

• Options
    Holy hell I only just saw Sargent's goal from friday

• Options
    Nein

an interesting side effect of var is that it's shown a bunch of people have no idea how perspective works

• Options
    What.

I mean, that's just precious.

• Options
    PhistiPhisti Registered User regular
    Its brilliant, look at the grass cut line versus the line he moves... so rich.

• Options
    Its tough to tell who's being serious about it and who's just taking the piss.

But the people who still honestly believe he was "miles" offside bass on something like that link is less than zero, which, just....yeesh.

• Options
    You could perhaps argue that his arm is forward and blahblahletterofthelaw sort of thing. But still.

Haven't seen that level of complete, willful ignoring of the reality since the Music City Miracle. (People still insist it was a forward pass.)

• Options
    Nein

love when we get some real off the cuff comments from footballers