As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

henry kissinger death watch thread. status: alive

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    I grew up in the sticks, I've had my fill thank you kindly.

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I grew up in Phoenix, and that's just too damn big, but I need somewhere at least big enough that there's like a museum and a planetarium or some shit and there's colors other than white and if you speak a bit of Spanish people don't look at you like you're heinous

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I like walking around in a city and all that but I will say that stores were open longer back home than they are in Seattle, which is odd

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I miss living in a city for all the reasons mentioned. I also really miss having a local bar/restaurant where you get to know the staff. Being able to roll into Harry's after a shift and just sit at the bar and recieved a crown and coke without doing anything more than waving my hand is a great memory.

But. Now I'm in the country and I can't imagine living without the dead silence and complete blackness of night. The stars are like...right there!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I miss living in a city for all the reasons mentioned. I also really miss having a local bar/restaurant where you get to know the staff. Being able to roll into Harry's after a shift and just sit at the bar and recieved a crown and coke without doing anything more than waving my hand is a great memory.

But. Now I'm in the country and I can't imagine living without the dead silence and complete blackness of night. The stars are like...right there!

This post is inaccurate the stars are actually billions and billions of miles away

Anyway I live in a small to medium sized city is the worst of all worlds

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I miss downtown living but it isn't feasible at the moment

I do look forward to getting by by having a downtown job to compensate for my otherwise deep suburban life

Downtown has fantastic bars and restaurants and more casual social options and specialty stores and walkability which I love

But also having workshop space in my house and a big backyard to lounge in in the summer and quiet spacious areas to walk my dog and a nearby theatre where I don't have to fight for seats and a big ass gym is also nice

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

I used to have one of these at the last place I lived at. Now I'm in a different neighborhood and for some reason this place has 0 bars. I'd have to walk the 30 mins to my old spot or take a bus to get to a bar.

Extremely petty complaint, but it is what it is.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I drove to one of the richest whitest suburbs in town for the first time in a few years, and I forgot how consistently awful the traffic is up there. I drive directly through the downtown business district on my daily commute every day, and it's never that bad. And it's bad for miles.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I drove to one of the richest whitest suburbs in town for the first time in a few years, and I forgot how consistently awful the traffic is up there. I drive directly through the downtown business district on my daily commute every day, and it's never that bad. And it's bad for miles.

It's because a lot of suburbs aren't car friendly as much as anti-human. They are built to accommodate and welcome the fewest number of people possible, by design.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular

Oh legit I've driven for Schwan's and done GrubHub and Door Dash and if I were ever to have gotten pasted it would have been in the local rich suburb by a BMW or Cadillac driven by a very self-important middle aged white person. It's like an unwritten law that if you have money but not enough to have a chauffeur you have to completely forget how to drive.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I'm alive

I generally feel that's probably the most aggravating part about where I live

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I would never have thought that public transportation was a thing that I could love, being born in and raised in suburban California, but I loved it pretty much immediately as soon as I had access to a halfway decent system that costs a reasonable amount of money.

I still hate reckless bus drivers, though.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »

Oh legit I've driven for Schwan's and done GrubHub and Door Dash and if I were ever to have gotten pasted it would have been in the local rich suburb by a BMW or Cadillac driven by a very self-important middle aged white person. It's like an unwritten law that if you have money but not enough to have a chauffeur you have to completely forget how to drive.
    People like that either drive like they want to murder people or like they think they'll need to stop at a second's notice to protect their precious vehicle from being hit in a freak accident and so go 10mph under the speed limit

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Idly considering that I am ethically obligated to take a day off when Kissinger dies so that I can spend the day posting about it on the internet

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »
    Idly considering that I am ethically obligated to take a day off when Kissinger dies so that I can spend the day posting about it on the internet

When you're calling in, note that "he was like a father to me" is an HR-friendly way of saying "he was a real motherfucker."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Haven't heard anything in awhile, I think this week might be the week.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    well i just got banned from r/politics for saying that Reagan's best policy was that time he died.

Probably a good thing for my health. it would have definitely happened when kissinger dies regardless.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    why in the world would you ever go to r/politics ever

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    mostly to keep headlines in my feed but also a little to fight people who are wrong. maybe i should just learn how RSS works

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    why in the world would you ever go to r/politics ever

the worst thing about /r/politics is it's literally everyone talking about "Now is going to be the time we finally beat those rascally red republicans."

It's the worst kind of delusion.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Judge orders Alex Jones to pay $473 million more to Sandy Hook families

haha hell yeah

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

haha hell yeah

Man looks like if ham could be sad.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    DHS wrote: »

haha hell yeah

Karl Rove was also described as ham-like, and they were both rage-fueled-and-fueling media performers... Maybe some medical researcher could get a paper out of studying this! :lol:

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Hmm, "Henry Kissinger wet dream" is probably the second worst sentence I've heard involving Kissenger.

• Options
    DHS wrote: »

haha hell yeah

Doctor says "is fine. Meat Clown is in town, very funny, will make you not so sad again."

mo7omd1krsnz.png
    "But Doctor."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    A Clickhole article

Aw, man!!

I just came here to post this and now I'm very upset that someone got here before me.

Also fuck Clickhole is just incredible everytime I go there and I honestly don't know who's writing all of that stuff but I love them all deeply.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Hmm, "Henry Kissinger wet dream" is probably the second worst sentence I've heard involving Kissenger.

"Why is my underwear full of talcum powder?"

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Y'all are sullying the good name of ham in here by comping it to Alex Jones and Karl Rove

This is why I forced myself to stop calling Pete Buttigieg a rodent

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Y'all are sullying the good name of ham in here by comping it to Alex Jones and Karl Rove

This is why I forced myself to stop calling Pete Buttigieg a rodent

ham is a spectrum. from industrial processed commodity grade foodstuff to jamon iberico

all i am saying is you'd have to use a pull tab to get at the aforementioned empinkened faced bags of fascist forcemeat

which is of course, the saddest ham

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Gallagher (the watermelon-smashing comedian) died and apparently was a racist/misogynist/homophobe, so here's a picture of Paul F. Tompkins playing him in the Weird Al movie.

fdmbf5cwz8o8.png

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1999-jul-03-ca-52498-story.html

Here's the time Gallagher, noted shithead, staged an evening "en Español" and just made up his own spanglish between smashing piñatas and shouting slurs.

Rest in Piss.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Gallagher (the watermelon-smashing comedian) died and apparently was a racist/misogynist/homophobe, so here's a picture of Paul F. Tompkins playing him in the Weird Al movie.

fdmbf5cwz8o8.png

Wait, which Gallagher was the shithead? There were two.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Soooo many people that only remember the sledgehammer gimmick as a kid gonna be postin OMG RIP Gallagher without knowing the horrible shit that came out of his mouth.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Soooo many people that only remember the sledgehammer gimmick as a kid gonna be postin OMG RIP Gallagher without knowing the horrible shit that came out of his mouth.

That's how I felt on hearing the news. Still have whiplash.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    KalTorak wrote: »

fdmbf5cwz8o8.png

Wait, which Gallagher was the shithead? There were two.

Also Black Gallagher is a shithead.

However he is still alive.

• Options
    crzyangocrzyango Registered User regular

Already had to break that news to a couple friends, whose response after sending them an article describing one of his later in life performances was simply "fuckin YIKES."

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

That's what TV's Frank did apparently, but then after people told him about Gallagher being a shithead he took it down (and left up the explanation of why)

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Real whiplash on celebrity deaths today.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
This discussion has been closed.