Options

[Queer] thread: Pride is here, queer

1555657585961»

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    In better news, had an appointment with my PCP. I'll be doubling my estradiol while keeping Spiro the same. Getting a round of labs because I like to see the actual numbers changing, and scheduling another set for 3 months from now.

I like this doctor. She's a good one.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So my FFS is finally moving along

My consult is in uh February and I wont know how much I need to pay until after that so crowdfunding is me guessing and hoping Im right I guess? And I still have to go around asking people to share it so thats fun.
    My insurance will cover some of it but I have no clue what Im gonna owe out of pocket.( I'm likely gonna get implants that same year so those will be entirely covered but again no clue).

There's no reason this has to be so complicated!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    So my FFS is finally moving along

My consult is in uh February and I wont know how much I need to pay until after that so crowdfunding is me guessing and hoping Im right I guess? And I still have to go around asking people to share it so thats fun.
    My insurance will cover some of it but I have no clue what Im gonna owe out of pocket.( I'm likely gonna get implants that same year so those will be entirely covered but again no clue).

There's no reason this has to be so complicated!

Find out what your maximum out of pocket is, and assume it will be that. It sucks to hit it, but at least everything after that is 100% covered.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    My poor ADHD riddled brain is at its limit Ive made so many phone calls this week but youre right. I will brave the insurance company phone lines on Monday

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    My poor ADHD riddled brain is at its limit Ive made so many phone calls this week but youre right. I will brave the insurance company phone lines on Monday

If you have a moment this weekend try going to the insurance website, sign up for a login if you don't already have one, and it should be pretty easy to find in the plan info section. I know I'm a bit spoiled as far as requirements go here in CA, but the max OOP should be easy to find.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

If you have a moment this weekend try going to the insurance website, sign up for a login if you don't already have one, and it should be pretty easy to find in the plan info section. I know I'm a bit spoiled as far as requirements go here in CA, but the max OOP should be easy to find.

Be a bit careful on that front for fine print because I definitely got got by my insurance plan being very bold and clear that I paid 80% until I hit my maximum payment of $3,600. And then in very tiny text at the bottom noting that I then paid 20% until I hit the actual out of pocket maximum of $7,200.

• Options
    edited June 24

Be a bit careful on that front for fine print because I definitely got got by my insurance plan being very bold and clear that I paid 80% until I hit my maximum payment of $3,600. And then in very tiny text at the bottom noting that I then paid 20% until I hit the actual out of pocket maximum of $7,200.

Sounds like that first limit was your deductible, while the second limit was the actual max OOP.

Edit: Copayments and things like that with a set fee will go towards the out of pocket but not deductible. Payments go towards the deductible generally when things aren't covered by a co-payment and the insurance covers a percentage of the bill. Insurance is confusing by design.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

Sounds like that first limit was your deductible, while the second limit was the actual max OOP.

Yes I figured that out eventually but the snapshot of my benefits was very, very much pushing the first number and hiding the second so as a young person who'd never been in a position to approach either number before it was a surprise.

• Options

Yes I figured that out eventually but the snapshot of my benefits was very, very much pushing the first number and hiding the second so as a young person who'd never been in a position to approach either number before it was a surprise.

Sorry, was more explaining for those reading, not you. I find that when someone has used insurance enough to hit a high deductible, and especially their max OOP, they tend to be well educated on how insurance works.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Sorry, was more explaining for those reading, not you. I find that when someone has used insurance enough to hit a high deductible, and especially their max OOP, they tend to be well educated on how insurance works.

I suppose that makes me a subject matter expert

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Went to san fran pride parade as a walking trans flag. Pink dress, white cardigan mostly for sun protection, and neon blue bob wig. Had a blast, got called out by many parade walkers so I had to strike so many poses.

Got my wallet and phone pick pocketed out of my purse.

Still had a fucking blast. Got to watch Billy Porter accept his sainthood from the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I'm happy you had such a good time! It sounds like your outfit was amazing. Though I'm sorry you got pick-pocketed, that sucks.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Went to san fran pride parade as a walking trans flag. Pink dress, white cardigan mostly for sun protection, and neon blue bob wig. Had a blast, got called out by many parade walkers so I had to strike so many poses.

Got my wallet and phone pick pocketed out of my purse.

Still had a fucking blast. Got to watch Billy Porter accept his sainthood from the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

I may have seen you while walking around!

• Options
    I'm happy you had such a good time! It sounds like your outfit was amazing. Though I'm sorry you got pick-pocketed, that sucks.

It sucks now, but it'll eventually be a fun story to tell later.
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I may have seen you while walking around!

That would be amazing! If the person you saw was also carrying a small but stuffed multi colored backpack then we can go ahead and say that was absolutely me.

• Options
    CeeCee they/them sometimes she/theyRegistered User regular
    hi friends, i got myself another little subtly queer-coded tattoo. at least it is for me - representing disguising one's self and all the code-switching we do c: (also, lower back leg is a tricky spot to get a tattoo - wouldn't necessarily recommend, tbh, though i'm thrilled with the results)
    6j0guk070wz5.png

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Is that the Sheikah or the Yiga clan symbol? Either way, awesome!

• Options
    sheikah for suresies, and thanks!! :)

• Options
    edited July 10
    got some labs done yesterday and it's wild what half a year of hrt can do for someone, at least as far as hormone levels go -
    3 months of 50mg spiro 2/day
    2 months of 50mg spiro + 1mg estradiol 2/day
    almost at 3 months of 100mg spiro + 2mg estradiol 2/day and went from 330 T down to 25 and from 24 to ~90 E

just living that androgynous enby/demi-fem life as best i can, one day at a time :)

Cee on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    So does everyone have to have this as their ringtone for you now @Cee ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0pdEmAnvhzs&pp=ygUWb290IG5vY3R1cm5lIG9mIHNoYWRvdw%3D%3D

• Options
    yesss it's a perfect vibe for me, ty :>

• Options
    edited July 10
    Cee wrote: »
    got some labs done yesterday and it's wild what half a year of hrt can do for someone, at least as far as hormone levels go -
    3 months of 50mg spiro 2/day, then 2 months of 50mg spiro + 1mg estradiol 2/day, and then almost at 3 months of 100mg spiro + 2mg estradiol 2/day and went from 330 T down to 25 and from 24 to ~90 E

just living that androgynous enby/demi-fem life as best i can, one day at a time :)
    It really is amazing, and I can't wait to join you in the sub 30T club
    2 months of 100mg spiro + 4mg estradiol took my T from 994 to 241 and my E from 39 to 90.

I've now doubled my estradiol with another lab scheduled for 2.5 months from now.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited July 10
    Cee wrote: »
    3 months of 50mg spiro 2/day, then 2 months of 50mg spiro + 1mg estradiol 2/day, and then almost at 3 months of 100mg spiro + 2mg estradiol 2/day and went from 330 T down to 25 and from 24 to ~90 E

It really is amazing, and I can't wait to join you in the sub 30T club
    2 months of 100mg spiro + 4mg estradiol took my T from 994 to 241 and my E from 39 to 90.

I've now doubled my estradiol with another lab scheduled for 2.5 months from now.

nice!! congrats friend - it's a fun (and emotional, we love it) place to be, and looking forward to you joining, and that's so much progress!! :) - i got a followup with my doc in a couple weeks and i'm excited to see where things go - seems like i might be able to just stay on my current anticistamines :? guess i'll see! mostly just glad i had good labs and the anxiety about haunted blood or whatevs didn't come to pass, lol

Cee on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I already had low T my whole life, like within normal for AMAB, but on the low end, so just three months on spiro and then switching from oral to injection E got me at zero(well, <10 which is the lowest the test can return I guess). All estrogen and progesterone now.

Trying to get into voice therapy again, and ugh wait times and scheduling around work.