Options

What is the strongest animal that [chat] can take on bare-handed?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I've made progress, I'm now day drinking while wearing pants

I haven't decided whether to start packing or start cleaning so I'm going to give that issue a few more hours of consideration

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Eagle
    So far I haven’t found a way to be paid a lot of money to wander around cool neighborhoods while drinking cold brew coffee and smoking a joint
    be a landlord obv

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    i wonder if i can ask my boss to let me work the back half of the day from home purely because it's nice outside and i could sit on my porch while working

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    i am mildly salty she stressed how important and useful and good it was for us to come back into the office and she's been in like 1-2 days a week tops

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Goose
    I was just talking to my buds about finding stuff on old high school friends

Mine was a bummer but one of the guys they knew in high school — a goof, nice guy, was really into Warhammer, I believe dropped out, etc — joined the military and now has two medals of bravery: one for disarming an IED with no gear on, and one for rushing into a burning building to save a child and her mother.

God damn

Man, he's just dedicated his life to making you feel inadequate. What an asshole.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Gorilla
    Hey I ate food and took my Zoloft I forgot to take last night and I am MUCH better.

Shit sorry I was abrasive this morning.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Wolf
    Chanus wrote: »
    i wonder if i can ask my boss to let me work the back half of the day from home purely because it's nice outside and i could sit on my porch while working

If I were your boss, I'd say sure as long as you take care of x by 1:00pm and y and z by 4:00pm.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Eagle
    I was just talking to my buds about finding stuff on old high school friends

Mine was a bummer but one of the guys they knew in high school — a goof, nice guy, was really into Warhammer, I believe dropped out, etc — joined the military and now has two medals of bravery: one for disarming an IED with no gear on, and one for rushing into a burning building to save a child and her mother.

God damn
    lmao warhammer what a dork

Elendil on
  • Options
    Chanus
    zepherin wrote: »

If I were your boss, I'd say sure as long as you take care of x by 1:00pm and y and z by 4:00pm.

here's the thing though

i don't have anything left to take care of today

• Options
    I can't read Zoloft without singing "I'm on the zoloooft to keeeep from killing y'all"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkw2vtW6AE

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Chanus
    that's my secret cap

i'm done with everything i need to do by 10am

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    oh no, dire news: Jugendfest is being moved from august to november!

...it seems to be another music festival claiming to be one of the biggest we have, that I still have never heard of before.

okay I think I've completely exhausted the news for today and should be thinking about doing something else

I rate this Dacia Sandero level news

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Wolf
    that's my secret cap

i'm done with everything i need to do by 10am
    My secret is that when I'm done with everything, I don't actually submit it till later in the day.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    i am mildly salty she stressed how important and useful and good it was for us to come back into the office and she's been in like 1-2 days a week tops

Man I know you've got an awesome-ish job right now but I'd be fucking banging the hammer on that shit and fuck the consequences. I hate it when bosses are all "okay I've gotta go do something without letting anyone have any warning have fun working for the rest of the day" and especially when you find out that they paid for a full days work.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Updated CDC schools guidance prioritizes in-person learning, even if all Covid-19 safety measures aren't in place

The world is stupid.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    we don't really have natural disasters you can be in that much, come to think of it

bits of it fall into or slides down onto other bits on occasion but like, either that just stops your roadtrip or you're dead

Our earthquakes hardly feel like natural disasters. They have definitely injured/killed people, but most of our building have to be built assuming a fairly big quake will occur. So short of Cascadia finally coming to save us all from civilization, it's not usually a huge issue.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Chanus
    Trace wrote: »

Man I know you've got an awesome-ish job right now but I'd be fucking banging the hammer on that shit and fuck the consequences. I hate it when bosses are all "okay I've gotta go do something without letting anyone have any warning have fun working for the rest of the day" and especially when you find out that they paid for a full days work.

i mean she works all day long, just not in the office most days, so it's less like boss being a slacker and more just not really leading by example

we also have a realignment in the works and she won't be my boss in a few months so there's zero benefit to me to make waves

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

If I were your boss, I’d unethically try to have sex with you

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Gorilla
    As the boss of everyone, y'all take the afternoon off.

On me.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I just ran a meeting that started very rough but I think we saved it. I’m on break

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Eagle
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Also, we were discussing school uniforms in the office earlier and somebody brought up how they hated their school regulation underwear. We're not convinced it was actually a school she attended.

Was she a Mormon, I know they have their special underwear.

70khrbdydm8c.png

I mean how couldn't you feel comfortable wearing an entire 1920s bathing suit as underwear.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options

i mean she works all day long, just not in the office most days, so it's less like boss being a slacker and more just not really leading by example

we also have a realignment in the works and she won't be my boss in a few months so there's zero benefit to me to make waves

That's different then.

More than once I've had a boss skip work only to find out that yeah, they went to a party and got paid.

My last bosses did that too only they invited me and the rest of the of age coworkers to the party which beat the hell of just about anything else they could've done to smooth that over. Best bosses I've ever had actually.

• Options
    Chanus

That's different then.

More than once I've had a boss skip work only to find out that yeah, they went to a party and got paid.

My last bosses did that too only they invited me and the rest of the of age coworkers to the party which beat the hell of just about anything else they could've done to smooth that over. Best bosses I've ever had actually.

ah yeah no she doesn't suffer from a lack of professionalism or anything like that

• Options
    Chanus
    i actually get on really well with my boss and i'm bummed she won't continue being my boss and the work from home issue is basically the only complaint i have about my job

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Hmm, definitely blurrier vision on my right eye than it was yesterday.

Followup with the optician next week, guess I'll have to adjust the strength on the right contact.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    we don't really have natural disasters you can be in that much, come to think of it

bits of it fall into or slides down onto other bits on occasion but like, either that just stops your roadtrip or you're dead

Our earthquakes hardly feel like natural disasters. They have definitely injured/killed people, but most of our building have to be built assuming a fairly big quake will occur. So short of Cascadia finally coming to save us all from civilization, it's not usually a huge issue.

oh I suppose you can just build to make most earthquakes be less of a disaster and more of an inconvenience like, well, a storm. Like somebody unlucky might die and some roof might get blown off but for the most part it just means it's going to be unpleasant outside, some trees will fall, and ferry departures get canceled. On that level rather than disaster movie.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Chanus
    Echo wrote: »
    Hmm, definitely blurrier vision on my right eye than it was yesterday.

Followup with the optician next week, guess I'll have to adjust the strength on the right contact.

did you get suckered into the matte finish instead of glossy

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    In Rimworld tell your non combatants to stay inside when shit goes down

b2ui42p7mc62.png

• Options

That's different then.

ah yeah no she doesn't suffer from a lack of professionalism or anything like that

They were actually super professional when it came to work. Plus I got paid real real well for working in what was basically a corner store/gas station and I think I'm the most appreciative of this, when it came to assholes in the store they brought a hammer and gave all of the employees a hammer and went "Yeah call the cops if you need to here's where the silent alarm is we'll back you 100% regardless when you need us."

It's just they were basically retirement age and they knew the people left in charge could handle just about anything short of like, the store blowing up suddenly and they wanted to enjoy themselves every so often.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

management has been making us come into the office once per week for no reason, and now they're talking about bumping it up to twice per week.

I've got at least half a mind to yell at someone about what a waste of time this is.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Also, we were discussing school uniforms in the office earlier and somebody brought up how they hated their school regulation underwear. We're not convinced it was actually a school she attended.

I've spoken to people who had regulation underwear at their schools, along with teachers who would check with a mirror on the end of the stick like you'd use to check a car for bombs

They would have been attending school a while back, though, like, 1970s

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Chanus
    we had a big earthquake here like ten years ago but we're east coast where they don't really happen so it was really low on the richter scale and all the west coast people shit on us for making a big deal out of it but none of our infrastructure is built to handle that shit

also because the plate is extremely rigid the epicenter was in Louisa, VA, and it was measurable as far away as Toronto

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    In Rimworld tell your non combatants to stay inside when shit goes down

b2ui42p7mc62.png

I forgot to tell my heir in ck3 to not be a knight so he got his ass killed in combat

oh well, I have a spare at least

• Options
    Aight, I'll take the 3kg mace for flexibility stuff, and also taking Big Chungus outdoors for the first time.

fhfiglua484v.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2021
    but speaking of, bits of the country falling off doesn't just mean swiping away houses or blocking roads, there's also this, which will at some point happen

https://youtu.be/sIj4v8TfnyU

but that does fit my idea that you're not "in them" either you've left or you're dead (the movie thing about the movie's plot is that something something plausible enough reason for the layman that they fail to predict the rockslide ahead of time - in reality they're fairly certain they'll be able to tell in time - but the rest of it is real. At some point Åkerneset will fall into the fjord and ten minutes after that a wave the size of the one in the trailer will delete Geiranger. Fun!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Eagle
    My boss is gone well over the hill and is a completely entitled ass so I'm more than a bit sick of him.

He took a job with a 4 week lead time(2.5 weeks ago)-so due 7/20. Engineering told him they couldn't get it done in time. 'Fuck you I'll do it myself then'. The engineering still isn't done, huge revisions still ongoing. Job has a couple longer leadtime items.

Emailed the vendor 6/29, they said yes they can have it done in two weeks. They need design parameters(6/30). He just sent them this morning along with "I need delivery next week".

If it was just the incompetency (he has refused to learn how to use our design software or even just Autocad for over a decade) or just him sniffing his own farts I could deal with it, but together I'm going to snap.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Also bought some el-cheapo finger gloves I'll try, because Big Chungus is spraypainted, not powder coated.

• Options
    Chanus
    i need to try to score concert tickets in an hour and the cell reception in the office is getting bad again

who knows if concerts will actually be happening in october but it's worth a shot

• Options

That's different then.

They were actually super professional when it came to work. Plus I got paid real real well for working in what was basically a corner store/gas station and I think I'm the most appreciative of this, when it came to assholes in the store they brought a hammer and gave all of the employees a hammer and went "Yeah call the cops if you need to here's where the silent alarm is we'll back you 100% regardless when you need us."

It's just they were basically retirement age and they knew the people left in charge could handle just about anything short of like, the store blowing up suddenly and they wanted to enjoy themselves every so often.

I feel like they should have told you to either use the hammer or the alarm

and never both

"he slipped and fell head first into this hammer. Repeatedly."

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Last day before start of new position next week. So naturally I have absolutely nothing to do today.

Time is moving sooooo sloooooow

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
This discussion has been closed.