Options

What kind is chip is best [chat]

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    @Krathoon did you see that the C Team will be playing this weekend

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Kettle
    wait does canada claim ownership of basketball

because iirc the problem with us men's basketball team atm is that they can't get any of the good people to care about the nt and they're underperforming

or have i been misinformed, because that is definitely possible

Biggest issue is this years screwed up compressed schedule has just seen tons of injuries, and with the late start to the playoffs (end of May) there is no break. 3 players are still playing in the NBA finals, which won't conclude till sometime between the 17th and the 22nd. Game 1 in the Olympics is July 25th!!!

As an Incomplete list: Anthony Davis, Kawai Lenard, Lebron, Kemba Walker, James Harden, Trae Young, Kyrie Irving, Jaylen Brown, Russel Westbrook, Were all injured in the playoffs - either season ending or missed games and came back clearly not 100%. And that doesn't count all the dings and tweaks suffered during the playoffs that need time off to heal.

If you saw Durant at the end of the Bucks-Nets series, had he said "forget it, I need more than 3 weeks off" you couldn't have blamed him.

Plus it takes players time to gel with each other and adapt to the officiating differences between FIBA and the NBA.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    @Krathoon did you see that the C Team will be playing this weekend

Oh. Are they at PAX East Online? I was also hoping for Aquisitions Inc.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    PAX East Online starts Thursday.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Sun
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    fiancée and I moved into her parents place which is a large 4 bedroom house. It's pretty big and we're constantly hosting her parents / sister and their kids. There's also a suite downstairs which is completely separate from the main house that we rent out on a month-by-month basis, when available, to renters who are going to school.

so today she was asking me if I felt comfortable offering up, in a few months, a room in the main house to another person to rent and I flat out told her no

It looks like she listened to what I had to say but I feel pretty strongly about it to the point of thinking I have to justify it

but I shouldn't, right? that shit's not normal

I know plenty of people who've taken a lodger but I couldn't deal with the loss of privacy. I would say you should explain why you're not comfortable with it though just for clarity and to avoid any misunderstanding about that it means

I think the only situation I'd be ok with it is if it was a close mutual friend or something similar. Having a rando around in that situation just has too much potential for disaster imo.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Oh and fun fact about the SNES video output, the horizontal high resolution mode could be switched on and off for individual scanlines

This is how SD3 gets it's really skinny text that actually looks pretty good. This is also used for showing text in-game in popups, but the fan translation doesn't do that for english text and it's really hard to find a japanese example that is properly captured at 480

p7Vjohc0-zixIo_GKjhBcMS3Y_jBkoQzetXKt2maU3ekLHN85xPl-DR5B4AHnXX_Cv8tJw9NHyipckQq2eQLsSA8cSNa1wkosDb6yU3TU-G3JrE059mIVuwV8B0AN_FRhvyeYcauEuiNsVD8ERifKCxJq3sV

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    wait does canada claim ownership of basketball

because iirc the problem with us men's basketball team atm is that they can't get any of the good people to care about the nt and they're underperforming

or have i been misinformed, because that is definitely possible

Biggest issue is this years screwed up compressed schedule has just seen tons of injuries, and with the late start to the playoffs (end of May) there is no break. 3 players are still playing in the NBA finals, which won't conclude till sometime between the 17th and the 22nd. Game 1 in the Olympics is July 25th!!!

As an Incomplete list: Anthony Davis, Kawai Lenard, Lebron, Kemba Walker, James Harden, Trae Young, Kyrie Irving, Jaylen Brown, Russel Westbrook, Were all injured in the playoffs - either season ending or missed games and came back clearly not 100%. And that doesn't count all the dings and tweaks suffered during the playoffs that need time off to heal.

If you saw Durant at the end of the Bucks-Nets series, had he said "forget it, I need more than 3 weeks off" you couldn't have blamed him.

Plus it takes players time to gel with each other and adapt to the officiating differences between FIBA and the NBA.

Plus Jamal Murray getting a nasty injury just before the playoffs, though he'd probably play for Canada rather than the US.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Tortilla
    I'm fairly sure I missed the 3D card train for a while, because I bought my PC with my own money about 6 months before 3DFX entered the consumer market (mid 1996), then had a laptop in early college, and only bought another PC in 2003. I remember the laptop times being quite challenging for what would and wouldn't run, but Diablo 2 did so that made a lot of things better.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Tortilla
    I did manage to upgrade my GPU from a 9600GT to 9600GT by switching brands after 6 years, which I always found funny.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The 3D card era was the peak of it being a gamble when you bought a PC game whether it would ever run on your particular configuration.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The 3D card era was the peak of it being a gamble when you bought a PC game whether it would ever run on your particular configuration.

They briefly had a system where a code printed on the PC game's box would tell you simply whether or not your setup could run the game. MP-1, MP-2, etc. or something like that.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Kettle
    I watched Bo Burnham's special tonight. Overall I thought it was really good. The bit where he does a reaction video to his own song and it keeps rolling recursively until he's reacting to his own reaction video was just great. Lots of little things are funny. Many of the songs, Welcome to the Internet and White Woman's Instagram in particular, were spectacular.

The way it's staged in a small studio apartment and scripted like he's locked in there is a great device, but the way he mixes this theatrical staging with candid emotional moments feels dishonest because he spent most of covid in a very large home with his wife and dog, not in anything even analogous. I left feeling kind of mixed about the format as a result, but I've already looked up some of the better bits on youtube just to hear them again.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Kettle
    Hanging out with my high school friend and his wife was great. I get the feeling he doesn’t talk about high school much with her because she was very engaged with just watching the two of us interact. I’d be telling a story and then he’d chime in with details I forgot, or vice versa. His wife would ask questions periodically and I felt bad for not including her more but she seemed to enjoy herself regardless.

Plus, she knows some of the people we were telling stories about so she got a little extra context for their history.

And I told the story about the time I almost walked in on him with his first GF, which had his wife shrieking with laughter and my buddy gruffly going “I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.”

I’d see this as a sign I should reach out to more old friends except he is by far the one I was most likely to get along with these days(and happened to be close enough geographically for me to come over and hang out)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Kettle
    My faulty digestive track woke me up. So now I’m shitting aggressively. Welcome to the desert of the real.

zepherin on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I’ve had How The World Works stuck in my head for weeks

🎶dontcha know the world is built with BLOOD
    and genocide!
    and exploitation! 🎶

• Options
    Kettle
    Tav wrote: »
    I’ve had How The World Works stuck in my head for weeks

🎶dontcha know the world is built with BLOOD
    and genocide!
    and exploitation! 🎶
    By Mennen.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tortilla
    I played Company of Heroes obsessively for about a year. Then basically nothing of CoH2 like something seemed off with it but I can’t say what and I lost interest. But I’m very down for this concept of CoH3.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I liked one (1) cat post on Instagram and now my feed looks like this.

0e4l50rb7okf.png

• Options
    Former Flamengo goalkeeper Bruno, who was convicted for murdering + butchering pregnant girlfriend and feeding her to his dogs, blames club and media for the end of his career. “On international goalkeeper day, they never even posted a photo of me”, says player.

can't believe you're being cancelled mate just terrible PC gone mad

• Options
    "You murder and butcher one girlfriend..."

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    "What happened, happened. I made a mistake, a serious one, but mistakes happen in life -- I'm not a bad guy. People tried to bury my dreams because of one mistake, but I asked God for forgiveness, so I'm carrying on with my career, dude."

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    "What happened, happened. I made a mistake, a serious one, but mistakes happen in life -- I'm not a bad guy. People tried to bury my dreams because of one mistake, but I asked God for forgiveness, so I'm carrying on with my career, dude."

Yeah, I don't think I can even find anything snarky right now.

• Options
    Kettle
    It seams like his biggest crime was not being a good enough footballer.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Released after six and a bit years, re-arrested and then released again after a couple of years, and in the intervening period between arrests a bunch of clubs offered him contracts.

Fuckin wow.

• Options
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    Honk wrote: »
    I played Company of Heroes obsessively for about a year. Then basically nothing of CoH2 like something seemed off with it but I can’t say what and I lost interest. But I’m very down for this concept of CoH3.

I hope they did something a bit better than iron harvest. I picked that up in the sale after being curious about it since release but it seems pretty basic? It's mechanically identical to CoH, they might have made the destructible buildings a but more impressive and obviously there's the setting as well, other than that tho it feels like a reskin.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Pringle
    Since Malta banned us and specifically us in their spiteful attempt to ruin my life DIRECTLY AND COMPLETELY, we just booked holiday for the same time block in Crete at a really nice little village resort on the East side of the island.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Released after six and a bit years, re-arrested and then released again after a couple of years, and in the intervening period between arrests a bunch of clubs offered him contracts.

Fuckin wow.

To be fair nobody wants to be in goal

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    Jesus, murdering a pregnant woman gets you six years??

Did he have a dossier on the judge or something?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Sun
    knitdan wrote: »
    Hanging out with my high school friend and his wife was great. I get the feeling he doesn’t talk about high school much with her because she was very engaged with just watching the two of us interact. I’d be telling a story and then he’d chime in with details I forgot, or vice versa. His wife would ask questions periodically and I felt bad for not including her more but she seemed to enjoy herself regardless.

Plus, she knows some of the people we were telling stories about so she got a little extra context for their history.

And I told the story about the time I almost walked in on him with his first GF, which had his wife shrieking with laughter and my buddy gruffly going “I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.”

I’d see this as a sign I should reach out to more old friends except he is by far the one I was most likely to get along with these days(and happened to be close enough geographically for me to come over and hang out)

Naw it's a good reason to reach out to some older friends unless they're older friends that you didn't just lose touch with but instead have a reason to say "Fuck that person."

Unfortunately most of my high school friends fall into the latter category and the ones that don't fall into the category of "human disaster area" so

Luckily I have a lot of awesome friends that I made post high school but also I always kinda sadface a little when someone is like "Yeah my best bud from growing up is still awesome!" and it's like... yeah, yup I wish that was the case.

• Options
    Casual wrote: »
    Jesus, murdering a pregnant woman gets you six years??

Did he have a dossier on the judge or something?

He got 22 years but was released after 6 on appeal. After the appeal was thrown out, he was re-arrested. According to wiki he was released again into a “semi-open prison” in 2019 but I have no idea what that means

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Sun
    Seems like a known murderer who shows little remorse really shouldn’t be out and about on his own recognizance

• Options
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    2H2uIo3.jpeg

Hello! Ålesund is nice. Pretty port.

Headed to the airport now to go back to bergen and get an injection of the best kind of chip: the Gates Microchip™

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Pringle
    It's been 50F and raining for weeks here. We've basically had no summer. So bizarre.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tortilla
    It's been 50F and raining for weeks here. We've basically had no summer. So bizarre.

more like wet girl summer

wait

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Headed to the airport far too early - it's 12:30 now, departure 15:50 - but that's mainly to let the people on the boat depart at a reasonable hour

We were docked double, but the people inside of us were a good match because they were also intending to depart at an aspirational 10 am, rather than actual 10 am (which translates to an actual time of "around 13 ish")

Because on holiday one should have slow mornings unless forced to by wind and weather

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.