As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Mega Man Custom: GAME OVER Wily Victory

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOO

I only wanted to be loved...... bzzzzt

OOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOO

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Zombie Hero

ZH has stuck to low impact, throwaway votes the entire game except for:

-The second vote on Endless when Endless was still trailing by 2, which could easily be a failed gambit

-Yesterday, when they pushed kime in front of H3.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Expanding on my second point above, ZH's vote on kime has two potential interpretations if they're mafia:

-Saving H3 if H3 is also mafia

-Making it look like the kime wagon saved H3 and thus directing suspicion onto H3

Either way, that vote timing after a game of largely doing nothing is extremely suspect.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Fuck, I was sure kime was mafia.

Also, how was Gizzy killed but the spikes didn't take a mafia down in retaliation? Were they completely undamaged before last night?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    @mamawolf who did you attack?

You.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    For the record if this was not winnable, I believe that our host would just call it and end it here.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    I am now iffy on Zombie hunter and Auralynx.

Only because I am still convinced that H3 is not Mafia

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Also, how was Gizzy killed but the spikes didn't take a mafia down in retaliation? Were they completely undamaged before last night?

Mafia kill might be the ??? in the order of operations. Hits before guard/shields in place.

• Options
    If we proceed under the assumption that there are 3 mafia left, here are the folks I'm confident on:

3cl1ps3: Started the Endless and Cythraul wagons, pushed against the kime wagon. I feel like I've proven I'm village.

Alegis: maybe sorta confirmed as village by the host accidentally.

JPants: crucial early votes on JayKaos and Cythraul to push them against competing wagons, voted for Endless at a fine time, late on the kime wagon (although villagers were pushing the kime wagon, so).

The other 5 I'm all iffy on. I'm very iffy on Auralynx and Zombie Hero, I think H3 is a red herring, SirFab looks enough like a consummate villager that it makes me think he's maybe not a villager at all, and Mama your play has frankly been all over the place so you could easily be either misled village or playing a pretty good game as a mafia.

In either case, for now I'll stay on my ZH vote unless someone can make a compelling case otherwise.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »

Mafia kill might be the ??? in the order of operations. Hits before guard/shields in place.

Man, that would make spikes kind of useless though, wouldn't it? Only good for hurting other villagers if it activates after mafia attack.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options

Man, that would make spikes kind of useless though, wouldn't it? Only good for hurting other villagers if it activates after mafia attack.

IDK, most likely the mafia all have normal abilities* that can be reflected like everyone else and a group kill that can't. Or to put another way, how awful would a mafia kill be if it COULD be reflected? How would you decide who in the group gets hit?

*this is how 38th's last game was. Mafia all had individual abilities on par with village ones, and the group had a kill they directed as a group.

• Options
    I mean spikes does feel like something that may turn out to have been more of a liability for villagers, which would be a shame.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »

You.

Why?

• Options

My shield worked versus the 20 damage punch

• Options

Good point!

• Options

Good point!

A lesson in trying to phalla between tasks while working. Not even once.

• Options
    I don't think Mamawolf's actions make much sense here. I was previously attributing it to random villager behavior, but if you're more iffy on ZH and Auralynx why place the attack on me?
    My hypothesis is that as a mafias you decided not to use the kill on me but instead whittle me down with quick attacks as those work vs shields, and work your way down the other villagers.

Not entirely convinced this is the right vote yet but I want to avoid putting out vote late like yesterday.

One of the reasons I went with Kime over H3 was because of day 4, when Jaykaos went down vs paku. Cythraul was on the paku vote. Would there have only been one mafia vote on that train? Was JK thrown in front of the wolves early, with mafia spreading out their vote (e.g. ZH) ?
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Christmas tree updated - fixed Day 7, had left off the last votes of the night

Day 4

9 JayKaosDiscrider (4), discrider (12), AustinP (13), discrider (17), Infidel (19), Jpants (20), Virgil (21), 3Clipse (24), Gizzy (25), Auralynx (28), JaysonFour (29)
    6 Mrpaku – Mamawolf (3), Cythraul (7), SirFab (10), Alegis (15), Phyphor (26), b]kime (27)
    3 Infidel 3Clipse (5), Endless (6), Bedlam (8), MrPaku (9), Jaykaos (22)
    1 Bedlam – Munkus (2)
    1 3Clipse – ZH (14), discrider (16)
    1 DiscriderEndless (18)
    0 Auralynx – kime (1)
    0 Kime – discrider (11)
    0 ZH – 3Clipse (23)

Did not vote: Invictus, H3knuckles

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I'm not decided yet. If mama is mafia, H3 probably isn't as mama was their primary counter target yesterday before moving on to Kime (and vice versa) unless they were putting up a fight just for show.

Alegis on
  • Options
    Updated colors
    Christmas tree updated - fixed Day 7, had left off the last votes of the night

Day 1
    6 GreenEndless (12), Virgil (13), Kime (28), AustinP (30), MrPaku (31), H3Knuckles (32)
    3 SegataiGizzy (9), JPants (22), ZH (24), JusticeforPluto (34)
    2 AustinP – Alegis (2), JayKaos (14)
    2 Mamawolf – Green (10), MrPaku (26), Invictus (27)
    2 KimeSegatai (6), JaysonFour (29)
    2 MunkusPremium (20), ZH (25)
    1 DiscriderLucedes (1), Virgil (11)
    1 Lucedes – SirFab (16), JusticeforPluto (23)
    1 Alegis – Slym (3)
    1 VirgilDiscrider (4)
    1 Infidel – Bedlam (5)
    1 MrPaku – Mamawolf (7)
    1 BedlamMunkus (8)
    1 GizzyCythraul (15)
    1 Wildcat – Auralynx (17)
    1 3Clipse – Phyphor (18)
    1 Auralynx – Wildcat (19)
    1 Phyphor – 3Clipse (21)
    1 JusticeforPluto– Infidel (33)

Day 2
    10 JusticeforPluto – Sirfab (6), H3Knuckles (28), AustinP (29), MrPaku (31), premium (32), Kime (33), Invictus (36), Auralynx (37), 3Clipse (38), ZH (39)

7 Virgil – Mamawolf (1), Jpants (17), Invictus (18), JaysonFour (20), AustinP (22), Segatai (26), ZH (27), Jaykaos (30), Gizzy (34), Munkus (35)

4 AustinP – Alegis (8), Endless (12), Lucedes (13), Cythraul (26),

2 Mamawolf – Infidel (2), 3clipse (5), Bedlam (14), Auralynx (19), MrPaku (21), JusticeforPluto (24), ZH (25)

1 Phyphor – Virgil (7)
    1 Kimediscrider (11), Bedlam (16)
    1 Bedlam discrider (15)

0 Jpants – discrider (3), discrider (10)
    0 JaykaosGizzy (4)
    0 Infidel – discrider (9)
    0 ZH – Munkus (23)

Did not vote: Wildcat, Phyphor

Day 3
    7 PremiumInfidel (2), Jpants (10), Auralynx (11), MrPaku (18), 3Clipse (19), Endless (21), Munkus (23)
    5 MunkusBedlam (1), Alegis (9), ZH (17), Invictus (20), H3Knuckles (22)
    3 JayKaosAustinP (6), Gizzy (8), SirFab (13)
    2 Virgil – Mamawolf (3), JayKaos (15)
    2 MrPaku Cythraul (12), Phyphor (16)
    1 Bedlam discrider (4), Munkus (14)
    1 Mamawolf – Jaysonfour (5)
    1 CythraulVirgil (7)

Did not vote: Wildcat, Kime

Day 4
    9 JayKaosDiscrider (4), discrider (12), AustinP (13), discrider (17), Infidel (19), Jpants (20), Virgil (21), 3Clipse (24), Gizzy (25), Auralynx (28), JaysonFour (29)
    6 Mrpaku – Mamawolf (3), Cythraul (7), SirFab (10), Alegis (15), Phyphor (26), Kime (27)
    3 Infidel 3Clipse (5), Endless (6), Bedlam (8), MrPaku (9), Jaykaos (22)
    1 BedlamMunkus (2)
    1 3Clipse – ZH (14), discrider (16)
    1 DiscriderEndless (18)
    0 Auralynx – Kime (1)
    0 Kimediscrider (11)
    0 ZH – 3Clipse (23)

Did not vote: Invictus, H3knuckles

Day 5

9 Endless – 3Clipse (7), ZH (8), Infidel (12), Auralynx (13), discrider (14), Alegis (15), Jpants (16), SirFab (17), JaysonFour (25)
    6 MrPaku3Clipse (1), Mamawolf (2), Kime (3), Cythraul (4), Bedlam (10), Alegis (11), Endless (20), Phyphor (23), H3Knuckles (24)
    4 PhyphorGizzy (18), Virgil (19), MrPaku (21), Mamawolf (22)
    1 KimeMunkus (9)

0 DiscriderEndless (5)
    0 Mamawolf – Infidel (6)

Day 6
    10 Bedlam – 3Clipse (2), Infidel (4), Alegis (5), Munkus (6), JaysonFour (9), Auralynx (10), Gizzy (12), ZH (13), Kime (14), H3Knuckles (16), SirFab (18)
    5 Phyphor – Mamawolf (3), Alegis (7), Bedlam (8), Cythraul (11), Virgil (15)
    1 Kime – Jpants (17)
    1 ZH – Phyphor (19)
    0 KimeMunkus (1)

Day 7
    7 Phyphor – Mamawolf (1), Gizzy (3), Alegis (6), ZH (8), Kime (9), JaysonFour (14), Virgil (17), H3Knuckles (18)
    4 JaysonFour – 3Clipse (2), Cythraul (10), Jpants (11), Phyphor (15)
    4 KimeSirFab (4), Auralynx (5), Munkus (7), Alegis (12), SirFab (16)
    0 MunkusSirFab (13)

Day 8
    8 Cythraul – 3Clipse (5), SirFab (9), Jpants (10), Munkus (11), Gizzy (12), Auralynx (13), Kime (14), Alegis (16)
    3 KimeMamawolf (1), Alegis (2), H3Knuckles (6), Mamawolf (7), Cythraul (8)
    1 Mamawolf – Munkus (4), ZH (15)
    0 MunkusMamawolf (3)

• Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »

You.

Why?

I had put aim at you because I was suspicious of you, then I reread the thread and forgot to change targets because I fell back asleep. Believe it or not I'm actually just playing really bad this game. Been too long since I've played werewolf or Phalla and clearly it shows. 😔

• Options
    I'm sticking with Auralynx

• Options
    I could move my vote to ZH if things lean more that way.

• Options
    I've been more quite because I felt like the more I talk the less sense I make and look suspicious. So, I stayed away from conversations, which I now see also looks suspicious.

I just look real bad at this point :D

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I feel like... Maybe we've been second-guessing ourselves too much this game.

H3Knuckles has the worst vote record. Voted kime over Cythraul two days ago.

Had people on his wagon until it was tied yesterday at which point people switched off.

Sent JPants and me a desperation PM at the end of the day, trying to get the vote off of him, which I get a weird vibe from...

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    I actually got the opposite feeling from that PM. It felt very villagery. I have H3K leaning slightly village actually.

I think mamawolf is the most sus, actually. Also that means suspect, not the other one. Terrible vote record. Alegis' comment about mafia using quick attack to bypass his shield makes a lot of sense. Also if I'm reading the records right, no confirmed mafia has ever voted for Mamawolf. 3 unknowns are 3clipse, Aura, and ZH, and I'm pretty sure 3clips is village and Aura's ES vote makes me lean village as well.

We really need to hit a mafia tonight and I think mama is our best bet. I'd put ZH at 2nd most likely for bad vote record and basically not having anything in the village column.

• Options
    I actually got the opposite feeling from that PM. It felt very villagery. I have H3K leaning slightly village actually.

I think mamawolf[/color] is the most sus, actually. Also that means suspect, not the other one. Terrible vote record. Alegis' comment about mafia using quick attack to bypass his shield makes a lot of sense. Also if I'm reading the records right, no confirmed mafia has ever voted for Mamawolf. 3 unknowns are 3clipse, Aura, and ZH, and I'm pretty sure 3clips is village and Aura's ES vote makes me lean village as well.

We really need to hit a mafia tonight and I think mama is our best bet. I'd put ZH at 2nd most likely for bad vote record and basically not having anything in the village column.

Killing me tonight would most definitely not be hitting a Mafia. I admit my record is horrible, but here's an idea:

Since day 1 my name has been floating around and people thought me suspicious. So, no need to put a vote on me when they know I'd die green, also for Mafia are smart and would know if they don't vote for me I look suspicious. So there is that theory from me.

Though again this could be ramble and doesn't matter what I say. That being said I believe you are the other vote besides the one I put on Aura and myself of course Zombie Hero

• Options
    Wait I saw H3 as well, but again still not convinced he is.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I would also like to make note that I have been upfront about who I attacked since day 1, especially when asked. If I were Mafia I don't believe I would be so carefree to share my attacks with others, especially in thread to possibly make myself look suspicious. Just saying

MamaWolf on
  • Options
    I may not have called out every night in thread, but I have told people I kept in contact with networking. Barring these last couple of nights because I have been terribly busy at work over nights and been feeling ill and sleeping a lot.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Throwing a vote on Auralynx

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Hmm maybe not, he did vote for ES

Steam
  • Options
    H3knux

Steam
  • Options
    I think this is correct? Started noting suspicion shortlists but I stopped paying attention to them so they're incomplete

Day 9

Kime - H3 (9), Alegis (10), Gizzy (11), Jpants (12), ZH (13) - Munkus (22)
    H3 - ZH (3), Kime (4), Aura (5), Gizzy (6), Munkus (7), 3cl1ps3 (14), Sir Fab (16), Kime (17), Kime (21)
    Mamawolf - ZH (1), H3 (8)
    Auralynx - Mamawolf (2)
    Munkus - Kime (15)
    Alegis - 3cl1ps3 (18), Munkus (19), Kime (20)

Suspicion shortlists mentioned on Day 9
    ZH: H3 or Mamawolf
    Munkus: Mamawolf or Alegis
    Kime: H3, Mama, Aura, 3cl1ps3, ZH
    JPants: Kime, H3, Mama, Aura, Munkus
    Alegis: Kime
    Mamawolf: Alegis, ZH, Auralynx

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Day 10

3 Mamawolf - Alegis (2), JPants (5), Sir Fab
    1 H3 - Sir Fab (4), ZH (7)
    2 ZH - 3cl1ps3 (1), Mamawolf
    1 Auralynx - Mamawolf (3), ZH (6)

No vote: Aura, H3

Alegis on
  • Options
    If there are three mafia left, we can't afford the vote to be split like this or we're giving them the keys to the kingdom.

I trust Alegis and JPants more than ZH, so I'm going to swap over to Mamawolf

• Options
    To be clear, I think mamawolf is also a good vote based on her vote record and her attack against Alegis last night doesn't make a lot of sense.

The 'I'm just playing this game poorly' excuse isn't really flying with me.

• Options
    Mama's vote is currently on Zombie Hero.

• Options
    To be clear, I think mamawolf is also a good vote based on her vote record and her attack against Alegis last night doesn't make a lot of sense.

The 'I'm just playing this game poorly' excuse isn't really flying with me.

I mean I am playing poorly. If I am Mafia I did a horrible job being sneaky because people have suspected me this entire game. Plus I have been telling people in the thread at times when I shot at them, when I should have stayed silent.

Like when Alegis asked me who I shot last night. I didn't/shouldn't have answered because all it did was make me more suspicious. Voting for me will definitely be killing yet another villager and then I think the Mafia probably wins, assuming there are three left as previously stated. If there are only two, maybe we have a shot, but doubtful.

Also would like to point out this isn't the first time I shot Alegis, but I digress. Point is that this game I have been one of the worst villagers ever.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    What was the reason you attacked Alegis last night after the host kinda sorta inadvertently outed Alegis as village?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    And I did reveal it pretty early in the day, so when did you give your order in for attack?
    If you hadn't said it was you it'd make me feel more confident in the vote as I would assume it's your quick attack unless someone could confirm getting hit by you.

Alegis on