As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread - Adults Welcome

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Got a tip that the new botanical sets were starting to show up early in K-Marts here in Aus, and at a $20/set discount no less. Thought it was worth stopping in for a look.
    d7nmt57niwcw.jpeg
    MrsFodder is very happy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Just finished the Moon Research Base. From my perspective it’s not that great of a set, and I stand by my original reluctance to buy it. However, my kids adore the thing and I fully understand why, the dome alone is in pretty cool. I will probably buy the cool vehicle that’s designed to dock with the base, assuming my kids keep everything together long enough for that to happen. Just gotta remember these aren’t my lego and learn to live with that reality. :D

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    MrsFodder is very happy.

Why is she only holding 2 sets? There are so many more on the shelves...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I'm 70% done with the 8880 Technic Super Car which was still at my parents. Sadly I had never stored it properly, just left the whole alt-build Formula 1 racing car intact and someone had tossed it in a cabinet at some point. It must have been left like that for at least 15 years so a lot of pieces have yellowed and I had to throw out most of the Bush 1/2 toothed rings. It's a cautionary tale! Take apart your Lego when you don't want to look at it!

Moving on: this is a set from 1994 and holy moly the instruction manuals are a pain to work with. I'm not looking for "easier" Lego, but this is just frustrating. Lots of steps have you build one specific bit of the car and place some random pieces on other parts of the car. The latter is not displayed properly in the instructions. You just gotta see what pieces you're left with and look for them on the model.

I'm glad I still have a bunch of stickers applied correctly, including the speed dial that's stuck to two pieces. I'm hoping to build this once, then sell it for ~$100.

Pic of the broken rings, spoilered because it's kinda sad.
    45czbj7jreuu.jpg

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, when I see the instructions for the space police sets at my parents I'm amazed we ever got anything to look like the box at all. The big spaceship with the prison pod has basically an A4 leaflet with 18 instruction steps on - something that I'm now sure would be spread across 50 pages

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Yeah, when I see the instructions for the space police sets at my parents I'm amazed we ever got anything to look like the box at all. The big spaceship with the prison pod has basically an A4 leaflet with 18 instruction steps on - something that I'm now sure would be spread across 50 pages

Oh yeah, I'm at step 30... about 1,000 pieces in.

Also: one of the pages is just a photo of the bottom of the vehicle with diagrams of 90° angles on it to explain how certain pieces need to be positioned for the wheels to turn properly.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Yeah in the early 2000s or so Lego overhauled a lot of their instructions, I don't think you'd ever be able to make some of the creator expert builds if they had stuck with the old instruction style of "place 30 random bricks all over the build".

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    May the 4th is now active. I just ordered the Landspeeder to get the three freebies.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Ordered the Tallneck. Already backordered so mine won't ship until the end of July.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    May the 4th is now active. I just ordered the Landspeeder to get the three freebies.

I just spent what feels like an irresponsible amount of money on Lego.
    UCS Star Destroyer
    UCS Luke's Land Speeder
    The Globe
    Tallneck
    Trench Run

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

I just spent what feels like an irresponsible amount of money on Lego.
    UCS Star Destroyer
    UCS Luke's Land Speeder
    The Globe
    Tallneck
    Trench Run

For those about to rock: we salute you.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Feriluce wrote: »
    Ordered the Tallneck. Already backordered so mine won't ship until the end of July.

Australia was weird with this, a few days ago I just saw the local retailer had them for order online, and they shipped it when I ordered it, so it wasn’t even a preorder. It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow for me, but from what I can tell it’s now sold out. So I think a few retailers basically put up their stock for sale early without fanfare maybe to avoid a sudden rush of orders when they officially went on sale?

It was all very confusing, I was just googling the local store to see when they were setting up preorders and instead it was like “we have it, and for 20 bucks cheaper than other retailers”

Of course until it’s actually in my hands I won’t believe it, but it’s in the post and I’m tracking it so “shrugs”, not about to look a gift horse in the mouth

I went from “hmmm Australia is probably going to be impossible to get this for months” to “ok I guess I have one?”

Prohass on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I ordered three boxes of Muppet Minifigs.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I ordered three boxes of Muppet Minifigs.

Same here. Just couldn't resist not getting a full set and having to wait 3 months or more for them to restock.

Now hoping I don't get 3 duplicate boxes.

Here's the link for others:
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-muppets-6-pack-71035

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am also planning on getting that Friends theater to turn into Muppet Theater. And by turn, I mean just stick the Muppets on it and call it job done.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I am also planning on getting that Friends theater to turn into Muppet Theater. And by turn, I mean just stick the Muppets on it and call it job done.

I just saw that set last night. It is like Lego knew and decided to sneak it past Disney.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    My Orchids and Succulents have arrived! Two of each. One set for home, one for my library.

• Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Well I caved and bought a dozen muppets bags in-store: 4 Statlers, 3 Waldorfs, 2 Rowlfs, 2 Bunsens, and a Swedish Chefs. I'm hoping people with more experience in putting together a full set can point me towards a site for swapping extras?

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I honestly have never been lucky with selling or trading my duplicates. Thought about using Bricklink but that was only to sell them off.

Edit: I did sell off a few to fellow forum members who were collecting them.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Aaaaand... The six pack's out of stock. Blah.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Walked by the Lego store when I was out shopping today.
    Line out the door and around the corner...

Went home, ordered the Death Star run and Hoth AT-ST from the website.
    No line, no pants required, no dirty looks for wearing a mask...
    And now I've got the Beskar ingot keychain on the way.

Only downside is that I have to wait a week before building my new Legos. Which sucks, but I'm patient.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Welp, I can't even order the Tallneck, so I guess that's that.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised at the popularity of the Tallneck, but I'm so excited that it'll help get more Horizon Dawn sets. So many cool designs in there.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    so I accidentally somehow installed the rear-piece in bag 2 of the batman tumbler upside down and I'm having a hell of a time deconstructing it to rebuild it the right way. Just a heads up for anyone else building it. Be very careful you've got it the right way when you slide those pins in, they look pretty similar from both sides before you lock it in.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the popularity of the Tallneck, but I'm so excited that it'll help get more Horizon Dawn sets. So many cool designs in there.

Fingers crossed for a thunderjaw!

• Options
    Dang it... I don't need the Millennium Falcon set. I don't need the Millennium Falcon set. But it would look awesome on the wall next to the 2011 and 2015 sets. Also it has Lando in it.

I'm so going to end up buying it before the 2x points offer ends.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    mrondeaumrondeau Montréal, CanadaRegistered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

Fingers crossed for a thunderjaw!

Let's be honest: fingers crossed for all of them.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Brolo on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The Lego store wanted me to fill out a survey, so I ended up using that as a vehicle to complain that nothing I ever go there to buy is in stock and has no information about when it'll be available (Had to wait almost six months for the Saturn V, still waiting on the Bonsai tree, and now waiting for the Tallneck).

Top marks otherwise.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I feel bad posting this because I got so lucky, didn’t preorder or anything, just a random local Australian toy retailer suddenly had it on their site for sale before launch. My first modern Lego set tho so very intimidating

lhun9cscrq4u.jpeg

Prohass on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I feel bad posting this because I got so lucky, didn’t preorder or anything, just a random local Australian toy retailer suddenly had it on their site for sale before launch. My first modern Lego set tho so very intimidating

lhun9cscrq4u.jpeg

Nah don’t feel bad, enjoy the build! Post some pics in here when it’s done if you want!

I’m curious how the full build compares to the MOC build I bought parts for a few years ago. That one fell over and fell apart a ton, hopefully this one is more stable.

• Options
    mrondeaumrondeau Montréal, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well, hum, this kinda motivate my habit of going to bed after midnight. Things are usually in stock at that point.

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular

I'm kinda annoyed that the Star Wars double VIP Points promotion don't actually apply to the UCS Luke's Landspeeder or MBS Mos Eisley sets. My wallet breathes a small sigh of relief as I just decided to buy enough of the smaller sets (for spare parts and troop building) to get all three promotional GWPs as I otherwise would've pulled the trigger on Mos Eisley.

Not sure what Lego is thinking there when they decided to exclude UCS and MBS sets from double VIP Points. Pretty dumb move, if you ask me.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Raiju wrote: »

I'm kinda annoyed that the Star Wars double VIP Points promotion don't actually apply to the UCS Luke's Landspeeder or MBS Mos Eisley sets. My wallet breathes a small sigh of relief as I just decided to buy enough of the smaller sets (for spare parts and troop building) to get all three promotional GWPs as I otherwise would've pulled the trigger on Mos Eisley.

Not sure what Lego is thinking there when they decided to exclude UCS and MBS sets from double VIP Points. Pretty dumb move, if you ask me.

I noticed that too. Honestly I was surprised to see so many sets in the 2x points. Last year there were only a handful right? Either that or I had everything that was in the selected sets.

I ended up weakening and bought the Falcon since it is probably going to be discontinued. So got another set of freebies (yay) so my wife and I don't have to share.

Edit: Mistook the smaller AT-AT as the UCS one.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

LEGO Marvel 76217 I am Groot revealed!

- 10+
    - 476 pieces
    - Available for pre-order now, will ship Aug 1, 2022
    - US $54.99 | CAN $69.99 | UK £44.99

#RebuildTheWorld #BrothersBrick #LegoNews #NewLego https://t.co/TbJfCnG7Gh

Shoutout to the @LEGO_Group who worked on this.

10/10 coypwriting https://t.co/yiYj4cujwn

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    That Groot feels a decade too late. When did Guardians 2 come out? 2017 apparently, so five years too late.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    That Groot feels a decade too late. When did Guardians 2 come out? 2017 apparently, so five years too late.

love and thunder is out this summer

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Isn’t there a new Groot show coming to Disney+? I assume he’ll be Baby Groot for that.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    70$ Canadian for under 500 mostly brown bricks?, sorry Groot I love ya but not that much

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    I went hunting a bagged a tiger
    fjwav7jayw5w.jpeg

It’s pretty great! It’s huge and solid, and there’s some really interesting techniques involved in getting the stripes to work.

This discussion has been closed.