As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Fina's back in the menu boys!

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Probably a good idea to grab at least a second pair of Hermes sandals before I burn these two copies of WoL Bartz, yeah? 40 ATK and 50% TDW.

Edit: I guess now that my roster is expanding I'm not sure when I'm going to be running two ATK DW anymore but I'm sitting on like 400% of moogles.

Edit edit: went ahead and snagged a second just case. Didn't realize I'd get a 50% moogle back from the fusing so that was nice

Carpy on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I used some tickets on the Lara Croft banner and got one copy of NV Lara. So, I went and did a couple of steps on the step-up banner. I got my first copy of NV Zidane and not much else of note. Then I scraped together a bit more lapis for the 3rd step to get to the free. That did not go well - no NVs. Between the VIP and step-up tickets, I was able to get NV Lara to EX+2.

I've been slowly working through the many chapters I am behind on the story. Hopefully, I can scrape together a bit of lapis for a pull or two on the Halloween banner.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    So I can't play FFBE because Facebook is down. Luckily I logged in earlier this morning so I didn't miss any login rewards, but I haven't been able to play at all because of this outage.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So, Roca next. Honestly, if we didn't have Yuna coming (how long are we expecting between Roca and Yuna, anyway?), I'd probably throw some rolls in the banner and see if luck smiles.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    So, Roca next. Honestly, if we didn't have Yuna coming (how long are we expecting between Roca and Yuna, anyway?), I'd probably throw some rolls in the banner and see if luck smiles.

So, Roca came with Paus in JP, so they've split that banner. I'd expect Paus' banner next week. Then, according to JP's schedule, we would be getting a DQ Collab, but I feel like that's not gonna happen. Then a Trials of Mana Collab (which I seriously doubt will happen as we've skipped every Mana Collab that isn't Secret of Mana). After those two collabs was Yuna's banner.

So, next week Paus, week after that ???, Then Halloween, and maybe Yuna in early November?

Again, this is just speculation based on the JP schedule and the high likelyhood that we are just gonna skip a handful of collabs with nothing to really fill that space.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yuna is the next Mog King after the Roca/Paus one. I know Gumi scheduling has been weird as hell lately, but I don't think we've gone more than 4-6 weeks between them before.

So yeah November estimates are looking pretty spot on.

• Options
    Thanks for the info.

So yeah, can't really justify pulling on Roca, sadly. I'm at like 57k lapis, should have the pity when Yuna hits but that's about it. Bleh.

• Options
    Also, big flag notice reminder:
    Today is the last day to use the purple obnixiousobnoxious drops from the CoW events. These are the ones that let you buy NV units/tickets/other things, not the Crown gear ones. The store goes away at reset.

• Options
    ...um. So, I saw Daisy fragments, and I went "yay, NVA Daisy".

But it doesn't seem like you can actually, like, NVA Daisy? What are the fragments for, then?

• Options

But it doesn't seem like you can actually, like, NVA Daisy? What are the fragments for, then?
    Intern-kun is about to get fired...

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »

Intern-kun is about to get fired...

Nah, it was already announced that Daisy's NVA is coming with next week's maintenance.

• Options
    Weekly 10+1 and the EX tickets got me two NVs today. That's good.

They were Rain and Cloud, who are already EX+3. That's bad.

I had a feeling it was going to happen since I EX+3'd them from the last fragment dungeon, but man does it feel bad when it happens. So, basically I pulled two Transcension Pearls today.

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    Weekly 10+1 and the EX tickets got me two NVs today. That's good.

They were Rain and Cloud, who are already EX+3. That's bad.

I had a feeling it was going to happen since I EX+3'd them from the last fragment dungeon, but man does it feel bad when it happens. So, basically I pulled two Transcension Pearls today.

Yeah, getting those extra dupes after EX+3 sure feels bad, especially on units with subpar or bad TMRs/STMRs.

• Options
    Does the raid summon box bug out for anyone else after performing a summon elsewhere (like the DV or Free Weekly)? I have plenty of raid coins, but all of the buttons are disabled. I have to close and restart the app and it doesn't consistently fix it.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I've had it bug out and show 0/0 available. No rhyme or reason that I can tell but it normally fixes itself after I hit a loading screen or two

• Options
    Ok, so, I think I have enough VIP coins to do everything I want with them in the short-term. I have 800 right now, and we will be getting 200 more when the next set of Adventurer Crest rewards hit. That 1000 will all go towards getting Cressnik's fragments to EX+2 him (seems like he'll be very useful for CoW this month!). I am most likely pulling for the Halloween unit, and assuming I don't get any copies before pity, I'll have 130 fragments just from pulling and buying the fragment bundle (50 from exchange shop, 50 from 5k lapis bundle, 30 from login). Then I'd only have to buy 20 fragments from the VIP shop (400 VIP coins or 2200 lapis) for EX+2. Those last VIP coins should be easy enough to get from logins/the late October/early November Adventure Crest rewards.

I'm pretty excited to see what the Halloween unit is!

• Options
    The big question is, will they actually start the event/banner before (Oct 28th) or after Halloween (Nov 4th)? Didn't they start late last year or maybe the year before? I can't remember.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Ibara's banner started on 10/22, so there's a chance we get the Halloween banner/event starting next week.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I think we will get the Halloween banner on the 22nd. By then the current MK will be over and the Halloween event will take over for NRG usage. CoW will probably open back up on the 22nd as well to help push people into investing in a time limited seasonal CoW destroying Halloween unit.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Yeah, signs point to Oct 22. Tomb Raider is done, I think the free weekly pulls are done too? And yeah CoW should be there with this new reward structure they've been hinting at to drive some demand.

• Options
    Haha, apparently the free weekly 10+1 pull was supposed to have Lara in the pool but didn't, so we are getting two free 10+1 pulls after maintenance, this time with an actual chance to get Lara.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Haha, apparently the free weekly 10+1 pull was supposed to have Lara in the pool but didn't, so we are getting two free 10+1 pulls after maintenance, this time with an actual chance to get Lara.
    I swear I saw people get Lara from the first free weekly 10+1. Maybe it was just last week that didn't have her in it? Either way, more free summons!

• Options
    I'm slowly working through the story content. I think I still have a bit more to go. That should put me around 20k to pull on the Halloween banner. Not close to pity, but maybe I'll get lucky and pull just one somewhere.

• Options
    Well at least this week, I have something to run through Item World right? Turns out I can actually free up a materia slot for Lara Croft if I can get 50%+ ATK on her STMR. So I'll be running this all week trying to fish for the rare right?

First run... 40%/5%/10% ATK. Oooook then, well now what do I run through this stupid event...

• Options
    I'm gonna be running Cyan's STMR for a bit. I want at least 40% ATK on it, so it'll require some good rolls. If I can do that then he'll have three full materia slots free for killers with max ATK and LB damage right off the bat. Sadly Master of Fate has a permanent slot, but thanks to the CoW helm he doesn't need Lightning's STMR.

• Options
    Got an NV in each of the free 10+1s today. First was Behemy (already at EX+3, so just a red pearl) and second was Ramuh Sakura#1. That's great and her fragments are in the VIP shop, so I'll grab enough to EX+1 her before they're gone.

• Options
    Nice; I got a dupe Celes off the 2nd 10+1. So that's 1 of 4 on the way to her EX+3. And then I think we got a 4* ticket from somewhere on login today... I threw that at Paus' banner for shits and giggles and it cracked all the way to NV. But it was just a Sol, womp womp.

• Options
    I got another Tifa out of the 10+1 rolls, so hey, not bad.

Also, got around to NVAing Daisy and holy crap, that is an awesome sprite for her BS form. Why wasn't that her story sprite. I already liked her, but a full on Revue starlight outfit would definitely have been mega points.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Cleome's BS Sprite is also rather cool, and she's a pretty good damage dealer in both forms (like Regina in base and like a mini-Sephiroth in shift).

Cruor on
  • Options
    I wouldn't know, I have zero Cleomes, at least without the hanger-on.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Update video out today:

https://youtu.be/TJ5tjJIbVXQ

New CoW boss and new season for CoW. New item to craft with the Xenostone shards, a clothing item. Can also get the "Magister" chain cap boost, but that passive is the same as the Helm and does not stack (so use it for another unit or pick a different boost). They showed a few of the NV units available with the new season Obnixous Drops, which include NV Noctis, White Dragon Ling and Rain&Fina. WD Ling being buyable is pretty nice since she's so useful in CoW, so helping people get their own or EX awaken theirs is cool. Gotta see what other units might be available, but at least I know I don't need to use my NV select ticket on Noctis' EX+2. So unless Terra is also buyable from CoW, I will probably EX+3 her with that ticket.

New unit, Olivera. Rivera's sibling. Dark element magic DPS. TMR and STMR are pretty strong, TMR is MAG%, LB damage% AND chain cap increase. STMR is a powerful instrument (so only really useful for Olivera), but it's got over 200 MAG and a few 75% killers on it.

Rivera is also getting a revamp, but no NVA. So not really all that usable, even if the boosts are good. With CoW needing NV units with high EX levels for the boss mods, there's no use for a 7* even if they're strong. Maybe some DV use, but who knows?

Olivera is not the Halloween unit, as that is next week with a new NV version of Karten. Ibara, Lucius and GLS are getting EX abilities. Ibara, specifically, will be getting an LB upgrade on her BS form that adds morale scaling to the LB. No news of any other Halloween NVAs, which makes me quite sad

Unless they decided to hide info on new NVAs, I might just skip the Halloween banner this year. Karten is cool and all, but I just do not want to pull anymore old Halloween 5*s of they're going to be useless. The only 5* that I could use is Lucius, as he's EX+1 (maybe 2 I don't know), but I doubt his EX abilities will make him any good. He's always been a pretty garbage unit, all things considered. Even if it's just SLB NVAs, they really need to start NVAing more units. I get that new units is what makes the money, but making older units usable again adds longevity to the game (Dokkan Battle figured that out with EZAs, FFBE needs to get on board)

Zomro on
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I'm pretty excited about the Halloween updates. I love Karten's design and getting a full NV for him is way better, to me, than getting an NVA. An NV base will likely be much better and last much longer in the meta.

Ibara getting updates and EX abilities is fantastic, and mine is already EX+3 so I'll have her ready to go immediately. One of my favorite units getting better at no cost to me? AND her LB becomes a Morale skill so she'll likely be a monster in CoW? Delicious.

I'm fine with no new NVAs if it means that they actually spent the time to make GLSakura and Lucius good with their updates and EX abilities. I'd rather a handful of useful units over a bunch of new units who will just gets NVA'd and sit on the bench.

Edit: Olivera's TMR doesn't have chain cap increase, it has chain ramp increase, which is what NV Tifa's TMR has. The chain builds faster instead of capping higher.

Cruor on
  • Options
    I'm pretty excited about the Halloween updates. I love Karten's design and getting a full NV for him is way better, to me, than getting an NVA. An NV base will likely be much better and last much longer in the meta.

Ibara getting updates and EX abilities is fantastic, and mine is already EX+3 so I'll have her ready to go immediately. One of my favorite units getting better at no cost to me? AND her LB becomes a Morale skill so she'll likely be a monster in CoW? Delicious.

I'm fine with no new NVAs if it means that they actually spent the time to make GLSakura and Lucius good with their updates and EX abilities. I'd rather a handful of useful units over a bunch of new units who will just gets NVA'd and sit on the bench.

Edit: Olivera's TMR doesn't have chain cap increase, it has chain ramp increase, which is what NV Tifa's TMR has. The chain builds faster instead of capping higher.

Ahh, misread Olivera's TMR. Still, a MAG based LB damage materia is still welcome.

• Options
    I think it's funny that Ibara can natively equip guns, so that she can take advantage of Louise's Gun Imperil in CoW. NV Aerith can also provide a rod Imperil and is useful in CoW as well, but still, it's a nice option if you don't want to use Aerith or can't fit her in your team comp.

• Options
    Only thing the update video didn't have that it usually does is... what do the banners look like? Very curious why they didn't show that off.
    Lot of questions to have easy it's going to be to pick up extra copies of Lucius or GL Sakura if you want those EX-abilities. Or more Ibara's for people looking to hit that EX+3.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    It would be nice to have Ibara's banner come back to run either this week with Olivera or next week with Karten. I hope that GLS and Lucius are featured rainbows on Karten's banner so I can get extra copies of them.

I assume the banner info will come with the in-game news either later today or tomorrow. Most likely tomorrow.

Cruor on
  • Options
    A lot of people on the subreddit are somehow AGHAST that the Halloween unit isn't...Reberta? Like, why is that a thing they would expect? Yes, she won a popularity poll to have a new unit be made. Why would they think they'd make that new version a Halloween, time limited unit? That's bonkers!

• Options
    edited October 2021
    A lot of people on the subreddit are somehow AGHAST that the Halloween unit isn't...Reberta? Like, why is that a thing they would expect? Yes, she won a popularity poll to have a new unit be made. Why would they think they'd make that new version a Halloween, time limited unit? That's bonkers!

Which is rather silly since the update video addressed that specifically. They're working on the new Reberta, but wanted to do the new Karten for Halloween since 1) he fits the holiday and 2) also did well on the popularity poll.

People are weird. I'm infinitely more annoyed at no new NVAs announced, and even then that annoyance is rather mild.

Zomro on
  • Options
    I can get the people who are upset that Lillith isn't the new NV, since she did slightly better than Karten in the popularity poll, but I'm also incredibly glad it's Karten because I like him a whole lot more than Lillith. I am biased, however, since Werewolves (and lycanthropes in general) are maybe my favorite category of monsters.

• Options
    Well the CoW damage cap is going up to 10 billion, so now you can't cap that either. Thanks Gumi for taking out the last reason besides rule of cool to actually pull for anything.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Only thing the update video didn't have that it usually does is... what do the banners look like? Very curious why they didn't show that off.
    Lot of questions to have easy it's going to be to pick up extra copies of Lucius or GL Sakura if you want those EX-abilities. Or more Ibara's for people looking to hit that EX+3.
    Shaly did address this a little bit. She said that only Halloween units would be in the pool for 5* and NV (I think). I would need to rewatch that part, but I'm pretty sure I heard her say that. She did not mention discounted (4500 per step) or free summons every 4th step. That seems to be pretty typical for limited time unit banners. Maybe they were saving something for the in-game news next week.