As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Australian & NZ Politics: PrimMin ScoMo No Mo'

1246741

Posts

  • exisexis Registered User regular
    I mean let's be honest why waste your money when the perfect pizza can be had for $3.50:
    5026188.png

    BotznoyFishman
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Pizza is my 'bad' food. The food where I'll eat it, any type and topping, from any store, no matter what I'm trying to do diet wise. If pizza is put in front of me, it's getting eaten.

    There's a place for a dirty, salty Dominos pizza. It's never my first choice, and I feel like garbage the next day, but I'll eat it.

  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I usually only get hells for pizza, but that's because it's the only place open near my LGS on nights when I finish Magic. It's gotten to the point that when we go in there, the guy working the counter on that night just looks at who has come in, and recites our order back to us, which is probably a problem. However, their vege pizzas are good - though there is actually nothing wrong with the Domino's vege options either, for their price they're actually pretty good.
    Sal's, on the other hand, I detest, because every time I've gone there it's been more of a grease slick than a pizza

    n57PM0C.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Sals is closer to nostalgia for me.

    but also because they actually have a default mushroom pizza. Just cheese and mushroom and I don't need to pay super duper extra, or go into the fancy "create my own" it's just there.

    and their veggie pizza isn't covered in a mass amount of onions. it's just mushrooms and capsicum.

    plus, mozzarella sticks.

  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Pizza is my 'bad' food. The food where I'll eat it, any type and topping, from any store, no matter what I'm trying to do diet wise. If pizza is put in front of me, it's getting eaten.

    There's a place for a dirty, salty Dominos pizza. It's never my first choice, and I feel like garbage the next day, but I'll eat it.

    When you say "any type and topping", do you really mean that or do you mean "any pizza available in australia or NZ"? Because your average Swedish pizza place has stuff like Chicken&banana pizza, Hawaiian (with pineapple) or Pizza black&white (fillet of beef and bearnaise). And the kebab pizza (pizza dough, kebab toppings) isn't even considered odd. And that's just the standard stuff you can find all over Sweden. On a local level it gets way way weirder.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Pizza is my 'bad' food. The food where I'll eat it, any type and topping, from any store, no matter what I'm trying to do diet wise. If pizza is put in front of me, it's getting eaten.

    There's a place for a dirty, salty Dominos pizza. It's never my first choice, and I feel like garbage the next day, but I'll eat it.

    When you say "any type and topping", do you really mean that or do you mean "any pizza available in australia or NZ"? Because your average Swedish pizza place has stuff like Chicken&banana pizza, Hawaiian (with pineapple) or Pizza black&white (fillet of beef and bearnaise). And the kebab pizza (pizza dough, kebab toppings) isn't even considered odd. And that's just the standard stuff you can find all over Sweden. On a local level it gets way way weirder.

    One of my favourite pizzas is Hawaiian (and I'm always irritated when the missus and I split a supreme and she gets it without pineapple), and I've had and thoroughly enjoyed a kebab topping pizza.

    I have yet to meet a pizza I won't eat and enjoy.

    Best times at work is when they do pizza day and there's a bunch of leftover pizzas people didn't want to touch. Just a massive buffet of new pizzas to try.

  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Pizza is my 'bad' food. The food where I'll eat it, any type and topping, from any store, no matter what I'm trying to do diet wise. If pizza is put in front of me, it's getting eaten.

    There's a place for a dirty, salty Dominos pizza. It's never my first choice, and I feel like garbage the next day, but I'll eat it.

    When you say "any type and topping", do you really mean that or do you mean "any pizza available in australia or NZ"? Because your average Swedish pizza place has stuff like Chicken&banana pizza, Hawaiian (with pineapple) or Pizza black&white (fillet of beef and bearnaise). And the kebab pizza (pizza dough, kebab toppings) isn't even considered odd. And that's just the standard stuff you can find all over Sweden. On a local level it gets way way weirder.

    Chicken and Banana - not sure how banana holds up under a pizza heat, would at least be curious to try it.
    Hawaiian with Pineapple - sadly, a boring standard here.
    Fillet of beef and bernaise - ok, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
    Kebab pizza - give it to me, NOW! *grasping hands*

    Please describe the weirder. I am intrigued.

    Mr FuzzbuttForar
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    MorganV wrote: »
    Please describe the weirder. I am intrigued.

    Ok. This is a curated selection of Swedens oddest pizzas (all pizzas include cheese&tomatosauce unless otherwise specified).

    From the town of;
    Leksand. Pizza la Duck; Duck, chanterelles, black currant, honey
    Norsjö. Lappland; Renskav (thinly sliced smoked reindeer meat), portabello mushrooms and lingonberries.
    Umeå. Rödingpizza; Röding (Char, fish), chanterelles, bearnaise, finely chopped egg and red onions.

    BE WARNED! ONLY MADNESS LIES BEYOND THIS POINT
    Skellefteå. Carlskrofe; hamburger, fries and sallad baked into a calzone filled with cheese. No tomatosauce.
    Ängelholm. Tamara Special; Icecream, pineapple and chocolate sauce. No tomato or cheese.
    Forshaga. Pizzaghetti; spaghetti, garlic yoghurt and onion calzone.

    Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    exis
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Please describe the weirder. I am intrigued.

    Ok. This is a curated selection of Swedens oddest pizzas (all pizzas include cheese&tomatosauce unless otherwise specified).

    From the town of;
    Leksand. Pizza la Duck; Duck, chanterelles, black currant, honey
    Norsjö. Lappland; Renskav (thinly sliced smoked reindeer meat), portabello mushrooms and lingonberries.
    Umeå. Rödingpizza; Röding (Char, fish), chanterelles, bearnaise, finely chopped egg and red onions.

    BE WARNED! ONLY MADNESS LIES BEYOND THIS POINT
    Skellefteå. Carlskrofe; hamburger, fries and sallad baked into a calzone filled with cheese. No tomatosauce.
    Ängelholm. Tamara Special; Icecream, pineapple and chocolate sauce. No tomato or cheese.
    Forshaga. Pizzaghetti; spaghetti, garlic yoghurt and onion calzone.

    Not a huge fan of mushrooms, but will still eat them as long as they're ancilliary.

    Would at least try each of those if offered, and would happily order 1-4 (depending on the components in 4), though how the hell does the Tamara Special work? That's insane. But as long as it's an "after pizza, pizza", I'd definitely give it a shot.

    Locally, one of my stores offers Lemon Meringue Pizza, Marshmallow Heaven Pizza, Berry Cannoli Pizza, and Nutella Caramella Pizza, (also a version of the Forshaga in a regular pizza format) so a dessert pizza isn't impossible to get here.

    Forar
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    My favourite Hell pizza is the Purgatory (Mushrooms, Sundried Tomatoes, Fresh Spinach, Feta, Onions and Garlic. Optional Kalamata Olives). You can also add chorizo for free, which means it's no longer vegetarian, but you now get to eat chorizo.

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    yeah if we order pizza from Hell, that's the one we get.

    Only we do onions on 1 half, Feta on the other half, and we add Corn kernels.

  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    There used to be a number of things I used to try and get when visiting family in New Zealand.

    Hell Pizza Grimm - Chicken, apricot sauce, pine nuts, spring onions, cream cheese & rosemary.
    Meal Mates - Vegetarian for preference.
    Big 'Uns - Sadly apparently discontinued?

    Also Ginger Tom from Dux de Lux pre-Christchurch earthquake - I've only had occasion to go down that way twice since the earthquake, so it's dropped off my list.

    None of these are on the list because they're "Good" it's more that they're a particular taste that I've never encountered anywhere else, so they've become "New Zealand Food" in my head.

  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Today I found out Swedish pizzas sound fuckin amazing!

    MorganVKafkaAU
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Saw this come over my newsfeed. Fucking outraged. Warning, a certain level of graphicness in the link, and in the spoiler.

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-24/qld-murder-becomes-manslaughter-in-retrial-peniamina/100489066
    "Arona Peniamina, who stabbed and bashed wife Sandra to death, found guilty of manslaughter in retrial"
    Headline doesn't take into account he stabbed her TWENTYNINE times, stopped her from running away, and bashed her to death with a block of concrete.

    Manslaughter, my ass.

    According to a QLD legal firm's website
    Murder
    Section 302 sets out the circumstances which a person who unlawfully kills will be guilty of murder.
    - If the offender intends to kill or cause grievous bodily harm to the person killed or some other person;
    - If the death is caused by means of an act done in the prosecution of an unlawful purpose and the act is of a nature likely to endanger human life;
    - If the offender intends to do grievous bodily harm to some person for the purpose of facilitating the commission of a crime or for the purpose of facilitating the flight of an offender who has committed or attempted to commit such a crime. The crime must be such that the offender may be arrested without warrant;
    - If death is caused by administering any stupefying or overpowering thing for either of the purposes mentioned in paragraph (3);
    - If death is caused by wilfully stopping the breath of any person for either of the listed purposes.

    Yeah, it stops being manslaughter once you keep stabbing well into the double digits, let alone resorting to other means to complete the act. If this wasn't murder, then the definition needs to be changed.

    Yeah, I'm getting more and more done with "society", if this is where we're at.

  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    A jury of your peers sounds like a great justice system, until you realise a large number of people are complete fucking idiots.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    MorganVFishmanLord_AsmodeusFencingsaxAntoshkaMr RayFiendishrabbit
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    A jury of your peers sounds like a great justice system, until you realise a large number of people are complete fucking idiots.

    And a fair few of the left overs are just assholes

    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    To play devil's advocate, he's obviously not some rich guy, English isn't his first language, and he's not white, there's not a lot of bias towards him in the system. While the facts of the case are horrible, the jury and the judge know the facts better than us who are just getting our info from the papers and it might be best to accept the court's decision.

    exis
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Tonight's pizza was sourced from Pizzeria Napoli, for that authentic Italian wood-fired taste.

    It was even political pizza, on account of my wife likes to go visit the owner to keep an open dialogue with hospo regarding the Wellington public transport infrastructure plan. He's well connected to the pulse of Courtenay place.

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    The Nationals seem to be having some internal debates about actually moving toward some kind of climate change/energy transition stance. However much we wish it weren't so, these guys are clearly influential in Australia's (lack of) political momentum on climate change so word of dissent in their ranks is something to note.

    I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

    http://newnations.bandcamp.com
    MorganV
  • -SPI--SPI- Registered User regular
    They have had 8 years to take any action on climate change.

    What an amazing co-incidence that they suddenly give a shit about climate change when an election is about to be called.

    electricitylikesmeMorninglordGvzbgulFencingsaxtynic
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    The Nationals have made it an annual tradition to pretend they'll walk if they don't get something they want.

    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
    tynic
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    The Nationals are looking at their polling figures, thinking "hm maybe we have a problem" and will soon reach the new cycle where they realize "oh wait, we don't" because National's voters are never in any danger of not voting Nationals. Except if they might vote Clive Palmer.

    MorninglordMr Raytynic
  • Sanguinius666264Sanguinius666264 Registered User regular
    Woof. So we're opening up on the 15th of October here in the ACT, citing that's when we'll be at 80% vaccinated. Not fully, still some restrictions, but by and large that'll be the case. Kids not back at school until a bit later.

    Wonder how this is going to play out - 80% vaccinated is still nearly 100,000 folks not vaccinated just here in Canberra, it could get ugly quick.

    discrider
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ...
    I'm booked for my second AZ shot on the 8th.
    That's only 7 weeks after my first, and is probably when I'd have first been able to get the second Pfizer, assuming I hadn't hammered the booking website incessantly to get an earlier appointment.

    So many kids and young adults are going to catch this because they haven't had the opportunity to get a vaccine.

  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    ihhywl063kab.png

    Sanguinius666264MorninglordKayne Red RobeelectricitylikesmeErlecLord_AsmodeusplufimtynicFiendishrabbitVegemyte
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Woof. So we're opening up on the 15th of October here in the ACT, citing that's when we'll be at 80% vaccinated. Not fully, still some restrictions, but by and large that'll be the case. Kids not back at school until a bit later.

    Wonder how this is going to play out - 80% vaccinated is still nearly 100,000 folks not vaccinated just here in Canberra, it could get ugly quick.

    Also, isn't it 2-3 weeks after the second before full protection kicks in?

    Watching the numbers, it's been going up at about 1% a day. Which means when it hits 80% vaccinated, it's only 60-65% fully protected.

    Definitely could get ugly quick.

    But gotta rush towards that grand opening! People need their socializing!

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    MorganV wrote: »
    Woof. So we're opening up on the 15th of October here in the ACT, citing that's when we'll be at 80% vaccinated. Not fully, still some restrictions, but by and large that'll be the case. Kids not back at school until a bit later.

    Wonder how this is going to play out - 80% vaccinated is still nearly 100,000 folks not vaccinated just here in Canberra, it could get ugly quick.

    Also, isn't it 2-3 weeks after the second before full protection kicks in?

    Watching the numbers, it's been going up at about 1% a day. Which means when it hits 80% vaccinated, it's only 60-65% fully protected.

    Definitely could get ugly quick.

    But gotta rush towards that grand opening! People need their socializing!

    No.
    Doherty clarified that their 80% target was when 80% had had their second shot, not when 80% are fully protected 3 weeks later.

    I also have to wonder what the demographics do to the situation.
    Because I would think young adults and kids have more interactions with each other than older adults.
    And yet, we've vaccinated more of the latter, making it more likely the disease spreads faster at the 80% overall, compared to other vaccination schedules.
    Presumably putting less strain on the hospitals still, even if more people catch it

    discrider on
  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Am I living in a bizarro universe?!?!?

    ABC News - "MAH FREEDUMS!":
    NSW records 863 new COVID-19 cases and seven deaths as Premier defends denying freedoms to the unvaccinated

    Daily Mail - "Why are you dropping restrictions?!?!?"
    Gladys Berejiklian betrayed every Aussie who answered the call to protect the community from Covid by rewarding anti-vaxxers with freedom

    I never thought I'd see the ABC backing anti-vaxxers while the Daily Mail calls them out for being selfish.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Eh.
    Daily Mail is saying you should punish people who can't get vaccinated forever, otherwise what was the point of getting jabbed at all.

    ABC is asking why Gladys is not following her own health advice.
    The ACT is, for instance, not mandating vaccination passports because we think it's unnecessary to bifurcate the community for a period of a couple of weeks while the immunisation rate increases.
    So it's unclear from the article why the longer lockdown on unvaccinated people is necessary, and whether it could have been done by moving restrictions back across the community all at once, but maybe slower.

  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The Daily Mail has always printed people's base emotional reaction to events.

  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Following restrictions to prevent people from getting sick and/or dying is not punishment >.<

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yes, but also no.
    There is a position we might not reach where everyone who can be vaccinated has been vaccinated.
    And then it's, do you let kids and immunocompromised people back into higher risk settings?

    Obviously yes.
    DailyMail is obviously no, we don't need slackers mooching off herd immunity.

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    In 30 minutes Gladys is expected to make a significant announcement about the ICAC she was involved in.

    Speculation is she might be on the verge of resigning. My guess? She just says it’s a load of nonsense because since whee we b have Liberals ever actually done the right thing?

    Edit - well shit, she resigned.

    -Loki- on
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Hahaha Gladys resigned because ICAC is gonna nail her to the wall

    Eat shit you tremendously corrupt piece of trash

    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2021/10/new-south-wales-premier-gladys-berejiklian-expecting-to-resign.html

    MechMantisMr Ray
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Hahaha Gladys resigned because ICAC is gonna nail her to the wall

    Eat shit you tremendously corrupt piece of trash

    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2021/10/new-south-wales-premier-gladys-berejiklian-expecting-to-resign.html

    I'm genuinely surprised by this - I expected the investigation to turn up blatant corruption, and it to just never result in any actual consequences. Though, that being said, does resigning mean she's now off the hook for the investigation?

    n57PM0C.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Shame she didn't resign when it all first came out, would have saved a lot of lives.

    NSW ICAC has amassed quite the collection of scalps over the years, I am completely unshocked by the bipartisan agreement between Labour and the Coalition on not establishing one at the federal level.

    Tef
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Hahaha Gladys resigned because ICAC is gonna nail her to the wall

    Eat shit you tremendously corrupt piece of trash

    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2021/10/new-south-wales-premier-gladys-berejiklian-expecting-to-resign.html

    While I'm glad to see her go (her delaying on lockdowns cost a shitload on a health and economic scale), I do wonder if she'd been a man, whether the Liberal party would have closed ranks.

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Shame she didn't resign when it all first came out, would have saved a lot of lives.

    NSW ICAC has amassed quite the collection of scalps over the years, I am completely unshocked by the bipartisan agreement between Labour and the Coalition on not establishing one at the federal level.

    There's so many skeletons in closets at the federal level that nobody wants to call an ICAC because they'd all be getting done.

    KelorMorganVMr Ray
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    Hahaha Gladys resigned because ICAC is gonna nail her to the wall

    Eat shit you tremendously corrupt piece of trash

    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2021/10/new-south-wales-premier-gladys-berejiklian-expecting-to-resign.html

    I'm genuinely surprised by this - I expected the investigation to turn up blatant corruption, and it to just never result in any actual consequences. Though, that being said, does resigning mean she's now off the hook for the investigation?

    She’ll still be investigated, but she has increased her chances of getting off lightly by resigning.

  • TefTef Registered User regular
    So don’t worry everyone, we are now in the safe hands of John “sell most of the remaining NSW koala habitat to my developer mates” Barilaro

    tynicKelor
Sign In or Register to comment.