As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] GAME OVER!! MAFIA CONCEDED!! VILLAGE WON!!

1232425262729»

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Thanks to the hosts for the game, even though I barely got to play! The riddles were fun to watch after the fact, though I will say I was a bit sad that my favorite cheezy riddle didn't make the list ("My first is foremost, legally\My second circles outwardly\My third leads all in victory\My fourth twice ends a nominee\My whole is this gate's riddle's only key").

Looks like I've got SirFab or 3clips for a grudge after this one..... *takes notes*

Also all I'm missing now is a Day 1 vigging next game and I'll have the Day 1 hat trick trifecta (Day1 vote last game, Day1 mafia kill this game...)!!

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    The riddles were a great way to build engagement! My recommendation for next time would be to solicit answers via PMs that are open all (or most) of the day. That way, only folks who can actually guess the answer get potentially rewarded (instead of just copying it from the post above) and those who are in different timezones aren't disadvantaged. Then, the only fair way to dole out prizes is RNG among the correct guesses. If you want to make the winners public, then the hosts can do it via narration post or what have you.

Now, if, for whatever reason, a player wants to post the answer in the thread, or share it with trusted players, that's up to them, but that could give the Mafia an unfair disadvantage. One solution may be that, if the Mafia gets the prize, their version is either nerfed, or, they can be simply satisfied that they denied the village a special power.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah, the riddles were a fun wrinkle, it just turned out that the prizes may have been too strong for something that was first come first served and gave the village a serious advantage. That's also the sort of thing that's impossible to know how balanced it will be until you see it, unfortunately!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So who contributed the riddles?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    People who died were asked if they wanted to provide one.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

That's a really cool way to engage dead players!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

That's why I was asking. Own up to your riddles!

I'm also annoyed you guys conceded before my riddle could come up.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Good game one and all / I myself had a ball / so pleased to see the village stand tall / three games in and I cannot fall / I cannot fall / I am unstoppable / I cannot fall

Ahem. For real though, I enjoyed this one a lot, even though I was dead for much of it. Thanks for hosting team!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

Ones Green and I found:
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Riddle Time

What is it that given one, you'll have either two or none?
    RIDDLE TIME

How can you physically stand behind your father while he is standing behind you?

JaysonFour:
    RIDDLE TIME

My first is in chocolate but no in ham. My second is in cake and also in jam. My third at tea-time is easily found. Altogether, this is a friend who is often around. What is it?

Premium:
    RIDDLE TIME

If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have?

Sir Fabulous:
    RIDDLE TIME

Everybody has me
    Yet I may be one of your fondest possessions
    If I leave for just a moment, you'll probably fret
    But once you lose me you'll never even know I was there

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    No one did "what do I have in my pocket?" Pffft

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Because no one wants to know what you have in your pocket, Kime! :winky:

Yes, I know it's your "precious" but I still don't want to hear it!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Because no one wants to know what you have in your pocket, Kime! :winky:

Yes, I know it's your "precious" but I still don't want to hear it!

Hard disagree

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Right, but if you go that route, then its
    Thralls not in game NO
    Thralls in game CD
    Which is essentially yes/no. And sometimes I'm okay with that, but for that I'll just flat out say it.

You're right, but it's less that question and more the one I stated earlier: can you trust the village network? Y/N
    If no, then you're getting CD'd on thralls, conversions, etc, even if they're not in the game.

There's also the open question of CDing Mafia ruses.
    I think you need to just CD anything you would otherwise CD, and squash with Y/N any Mafia ruse that goes outside that.
    But it might be equally valid to CD any wild mafia theory to try and not affect the Mafia game.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    hey @MamaWolf, just wanted to give a quick apology for the inactivus. Had some covid scares with the kids then a sudden unexpected trip out of town due to a staff member quitting at work, so my life has been turmoil til today. I wouldn't just bail on you guys, so sorry bout that! :(

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    @Cythraul Hope everyone is okay!
    discrider wrote: »
    Thralls not in game NO
    Thralls in game CD
    Which is essentially yes/no. And sometimes I'm okay with that, but for that I'll just flat out say it.

You're right, but it's less that question and more the one I stated earlier: can you trust the village network? Y/N
    If no, then you're getting CD'd on thralls, conversions, etc, even if they're not in the game.

I think you need to just CD anything you would otherwise CD, and squash with Y/N any Mafia ruse that goes outside that.
    But it might be equally valid to CD any wild mafia theory to try and not affect the Mafia game.

I'm not sure I follow.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Cythraul Hope everyone is okay!
    discrider wrote: »
    Thralls not in game NO
    Thralls in game CD

I'm not sure I follow.

If there are thralls/conversions/etc, I'm going to CD all of those questions, so it won't be clear which ones are in play.

And if a Mafia is openly questioning the game format to throw a smokescreen up, I'll try to answer as if a villager had asked, not just CD because Mafia mafiaing

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    @MamaWolf @Green Thanks very much for running this one, you two! I enjoyed it a lot, actually.

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    hey @MamaWolf, just wanted to give a quick apology for the inactivus. Had some covid scares with the kids then a sudden unexpected trip out of town due to a staff member quitting at work, so my life has been turmoil til today. I wouldn't just bail on you guys, so sorry bout that! :(

@Cythraul I understand! You are still amazing and welcome to play the next time!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for running the game, MamaWolf and Green!

I thought both the challenges and the riddles were really good ideas. But I like post restriction mechanics so I may be biased.

Also, like I said in PMs, the "unstoppable" clarification request is one of my pet favorite mechanics so I was glad to see it make a return.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I should mention that another game is starting soon, a very sexy and top secret game…

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/241998/phalla-top-secret-invitational#latest