As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Shadowlands: 9.1.5 on the PTR

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I was able to make a 55 DK with no other characters in classic.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah there's no restrictions this time around.

The original restrictions were in because they didn't want new players skipping the original game and just making DKs and then not knowing what the hell is going on. Obviously, that's less of an issue with Classic.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    It's not like most the players in Vanilla/TBC who leveled up actually knew what the hell was going on anyway.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Ya I just installed wrath classic, made a DK, played it until I talked to the faction leader, and then immediately uninstalled classic once I confirmed that my retail account had the mount. This is with having never made a character on classic wow before.

I loved WotLK when it first came out, but that was very much a time and place thing for me and I have no interest in touching any more of classic.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah I tried leveling a classic warlock but I lost interest at level 45 or so

might fire it up again and make a dk though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Does WotLK Classic allow you to make a DK out of the box with no other characters? I seem to recall back in 2008 that you had to at least have a character to level 55 or 60 or something before it would let you create one.

I was reading an article saying that yes, you can create a single DK without anything special on the account/realm. After the first one, you have to go through hoops to create others on different realms.

• Options
    Sure wish you could mercenary mode for Brawls. This is useless as horde.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Wouldn't it be useless now? Since you can queue up with horde and alliance together anyway

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Ya I just installed wrath classic, made a DK, played it until I talked to the faction leader, and then immediately uninstalled classic once I confirmed that my retail account had the mount. This is with having never made a character on classic wow before.

I loved WotLK when it first came out, but that was very much a time and place thing for me and I have no interest in touching any more of classic.

Honestly just playing the brief bit of doing the DK quest to talk to the faction leader was super frustrating with not having the modern stuff like in ui quest tracker without mods, or being able to aoe loot.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Honestly just playing the brief bit of doing the DK quest to talk to the faction leader was super frustrating with not having the modern stuff like in ui quest tracker without mods, or being able to aoe loot.

Honestly the most frustrating thing was the zombie event in full swing I'm SW and the zombies killed the king. I hated that event back in the day and it's not any better now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Honestly the most frustrating thing was the zombie event in full swing I'm SW and the zombies killed the king. I hated that event back in the day and it's not any better now.

That too, I had to sign out and hope to sign in when he was alive and did so. Hilariously signed out with like a throne room full of DKS, when I turned in no one was there I assumed because they got their quest done and deleted.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be useless now? Since you can queue up with horde and alliance together anyway
    Not for Battlegrounds/Brawls.

forty on
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Its not the zombos killing the King, its horde. They are doing the kill 4 leaders quest in prepatch so they can finish the cheevo which I was assured real classic players totes hate but here they are doing them all the same.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Does WotLK Classic allow you to make a DK out of the box with no other characters? I seem to recall back in 2008 that you had to at least have a character to level 55 or 60 or something before it would let you create one.

I was reading an article saying that yes, you can create a single DK without anything special on the account/realm. After the first one, you have to go through hoops to create others on different realms.

Can confirm this worked just fine.

• Options

Its not the zombos killing the King, its horde. They are doing the kill 4 leaders quest in prepatch so they can finish the cheevo which I was assured real classic players totes hate but here they are doing them all the same.

I think there's an achievement and title attached to killing 4 faction leaders? If rewards are attached to something, players will do it even if they hate it.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I think there's an achievement and title attached to killing 4 faction leaders? If rewards are attached to something, players will do it even if they hate it.

There's a bear mount for getting all 4 leaders so..yeah

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Man I just checked out the PTR and faeline stomp also triggering ancient teachings makes me happy in the pants.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    I guess I should cash these in.
    xdfwu3g12qng.png

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    If you’ve got a fresh alt, those things are a solid way to boost them to where they can run low M+ or contribute to normal-difficulty Fated raids. You can also turn that armor into tier with the Creation Catalyst.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    I actually used it to buy select pieces to turn into my tier set, which isn't complete yet.

Edit: All of these came from the 10 alts I have currently running around ZM collecting stuff.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I haven't raided since the most recent patch... What is the likelihood of successfully pugging the Fated raids before the Goo cat goes away?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    I just came back within the past week and the current fated raid was Castle Nathria. I don't recall there being any significant challenge to completing it. Then again, I mostly played as healers.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I haven't raided since the most recent patch... What is the likelihood of successfully pugging the Fated raids before the Goo cat goes away?

I don't know how common PUGs are, but Fated Normals are really easy. You can definitely sleepwalk your way through all those fights, it's just a matter of how hard it is to get groups.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Pugging the normal fated raids is no problem at all.

• Options
    Yep, it's easy. I've pugged all of them multiple times because my guild only did them once and then went into hibernation before Dragonflight. I still want gear and such, so I've just been doing the normals weekly and it's fine. Pretty cake.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Awesome. Thanks all! Hopefully I’ll get started on that this week.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Got a beta access email this afternoon. After I get home from work I will install the beta.

Things I do not plan on doing:
    -Exploring the new zones extensively
    -Quests or storyline
    -Dragon Riding more than maybe just a quick test drive

Things I will look at:
    -Professions
    -New talent trees
    -Evoker
    -New dungeons on normal/heroic

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I just duel outside of cities all the time.

Actually I engaged in professions since on the instant 70 realm there are npcs now selling all mats for free or nearly free.

• Options
    Healing quaking week in Grimrail Depot is some sort of hell.

• Options
    Grimrail just isn't a good match for M+.

Sanguine is rough there. Quaking is rough there. Spiteful is rough there. The tight corridors, bad camera angles, and general lack of space makes a bunch of the affixes way harder than they should be.

• Options
    Grimrail just isn't a good match for M+.

Sanguine is rough there. Quaking is rough there. Spiteful is rough there. The tight corridors, bad camera angles, and general lack of space makes a bunch of the affixes way harder than they should be.
    All this, and lots of Line of Sight issues with all the damn crates too.

• Options
    Bad Grimrail weeks are pretty fun for weekly 15s, because a bunch of absolute nonsense happens but the timer on the dungeon is trivial.

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Grimrail is glorious every week and I shant hear otherwise.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Saeris wrote: »
    Grimrail is glorious every week and I shant hear otherwise.

Everyone that voted for it being included this season should be taken to the Hague.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Not being able to cast my abilities at my targets is anti-fun.

• Options

I just get up in melee (as a Mage) and whatever happens, happens.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

I just get up in melee (as a Mage) and whatever happens, happens.

Exactly. That whole dungeon is a healer mechanic, imo.

• Options
    Well Mages don't heal the party so you and I are kind of playing a different game in there.

• Options
    I am disappointed in their selection of old dungeons to bring into the M+ pool for Dragonflight Season 1. Halls of Valor is still too new and too fresh of a dungeon. That should not have been a pick. I'm guessing they did that because it was low effort to get it up to par. So I understand the decision, but I still think it's the wrong one. I'd rather that they delay the expansion into the new year than take shortcuts. But that's just me.

I also absolutely hate Court of Stars. I think it's one of the worst dungeons they have ever made. It's a top 5 worst dungeon in my opinion. And for whatever reason it comes up quite often in the Legion Timewalking rotation. Anytime it's Legion Timewalking and I queue for random dungeons on alts, CoS seems like it always comes up. Which always irritates me because it's just not a fun dungeon.

The other two are fine. Shadowmoon Burial Grounds was a good dungeon in WoD, and it was one I voted for in the season 4 poll. I voted for Iron Docks and Shadowmoon. Of course the meme dungeon won because if you give the internet the option to choose a meme, it always will. And Temple of the Jade serpent is extremely linear and doesn't have a lot of room to make route decisions, but it's a fun dungeon.

Hopefully season 2 of Dragonflight does not include any Legion dungeons in the M+ pool.

• Options
    I am disappointed in their selection of old dungeons to bring into the M+ pool for Dragonflight Season 1. Halls of Valor is still too new and too fresh of a dungeon. That should not have been a pick. I'm guessing they did that because it was low effort to get it up to par. So I understand the decision, but I still think it's the wrong one. I'd rather that they delay the expansion into the new year than take shortcuts. But that's just me.

I also absolutely hate Court of Stars. I think it's one of the worst dungeons they have ever made. It's a top 5 worst dungeon in my opinion. And for whatever reason it comes up quite often in the Legion Timewalking rotation. Anytime it's Legion Timewalking and I queue for random dungeons on alts, CoS seems like it always comes up. Which always irritates me because it's just not a fun dungeon.

The other two are fine. Shadowmoon Burial Grounds was a good dungeon in WoD, and it was one I voted for in the season 4 poll. I voted for Iron Docks and Shadowmoon. Of course the meme dungeon won because if you give the internet the option to choose a meme, it always will. And Temple of the Jade serpent is extremely linear and doesn't have a lot of room to make route decisions, but it's a fun dungeon.

Hopefully season 2 of Dragonflight does not include any Legion dungeons in the M+ pool.

They said we wouldn't get anything from BfA or SL (unsurprising, as they're even newer and fresher than Legion) but I wonder if we could go back as far as Cataclysm.

My guess is we'll get two from Mists and then one from two other xpacks, which could be WoD/Legion or WoD/Cata.

This discussion has been closed.