Options

[Streaming Services]: Thread not available, price also increased

• Options
    chosenofsotekchosenofsotek Registered User regular
    Whelk wrote: »
    I have avoided League of Legends like the plague and I am sitting here counting down to Saturday when the next three episodes of Arcane drop. It was so good and went a lot darker than I thought it would.
    When Powder accidently killed Mylo and Cragger, I just sat there not believing they were willing to kill two kids off like that. Especially in such a brutal fashion. [/spolier]
    As someone who knows nothing about the game, I was wondering what the adult or champion versions would look like. Turns out, headstones.
    Powder's breakdown and Vi snapping and telling her it was all her fault was just heartbreaking.

I did some looking into what little lore there is for LoL after watching Arcane and took a peek into some subreddits. Compared to Powder and Vi, I was kinda meh about the Viktor and Jayce. Just weren't as interesting to me. But from perusing the LoL communities, people may be more excited for them than any of the other champions.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

This was a hilarious video to introduce the new Willow series.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I've been slowly watching Seinfeld for the first time since I never watched it back when it first aired. I just got to this and don't know if anything else in the show will ever top it.

https://youtu.be/v9vZIhM_ie8

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I've been slowly watching Seinfeld for the first time since I never watched it back when it first aired. I just got to this and don't know if anything else in the show will ever top it.

https://youtu.be/v9vZIhM_ie8

There's plenty quality classy moments in the show, you're just getting warmed up. This is probably my favorite line I use all the time when I leave people voicemails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2YLsF7A2cU

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Accidentally hit random and Netflix played Arcane, go through 5 or so episodes and it's good; shame this is wasted on a goddamn MOBA.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Nosf wrote: »
    Accidentally hit random and Netflix played Arcane, go through 5 or so episodes and it's good; shame this is wasted on a goddamn MOBA.

I've never dealt with the game but the series is fantastic and I heartily recommend it. The animation at first comes across like it might be for kids but its absolutely not. The characters and the storylines are really compelling, I love Jinx.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    I've been reluctant to watch Arcane, since I've never played LoL and have an instinctive dislike of all MOBAs.

• Options
    RT800 wrote: »
    I've been reluctant to watch Arcane, since I've never played LoL and have an instinctive dislike of all MOBAs.

Honestly I have no knowledge about LoL whatsoever outside of knowing it's an advert that pops up on YouTube a lot but this show is amazing. Normally on Netflix shows there'd be some major flaws despite it being good like with Stranger Things but it's absolutely compelling entertainment. I'm mad I have to wait until the 20th for more of it.

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    To offer a different opinion, also as someone with zero LoL/MOBA experience - I don't think Arcane is especially good. But it is definitely not bad. Based purely on what it is, I expected the show to be Very Bad, and it surpassed my expectations in pretty much every aspect. Even the writing, easily the thing most likely to suffer in these kinds of projects, isn't bad. The characterizations are generally interesting, the world building is really good, and the best reason to watch the show - the art - is excellent. Hell, even the animation isn't bad, which is exceedingly rare for 3D animation shows.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Arcane has Shohreh Aghdashloo so it is automatically above reproach

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Objection. She's also in X3: The Last Stand. So her presence is insufficient.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    I binged arcane last night, at least the available episodes. If I hear Hextech one more time, I'm going to stage a couple against Hiemerdinger.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

Objection. She's also in X3: The Last Stand. So her presence is insufficient.

Ooooo. Hmmm.

• Options
    Watched Red Notice last night, pretty dumb but also fairly amusing while being carried by the Rock and Reynolds.

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Other than the occasional laugh I was mostly bored with Red Notice. I stopped 45 minutes before the end as it was getting late and was not particularly enjoying the movie. I don't even feel like finishing it.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Other than the occasional laugh I was mostly bored with Red Notice. I stopped 45 minutes before the end as it was getting late and was not particularly enjoying the movie. I don't even feel like finishing it.

I think it's worth watching to the end but I also kinda agree with Nosf that the only reason to watch the movie is if you like the Rock and Reynolds.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Nevermind.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Arcane first episode question:
    Were we supposed to know what happened to the 2 boys from the start? Were they one of the ones that jumped Vi and the gang (as unlikely as that seems).

They seem to have vanished. Or is it yet to be revealed why Vander ditched them?

Which two boys? Milo and the big guy? They're regulars.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Edit: Nevermind. Re-watched it and the graphics just threw me in that scene.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    What manner of staggered release bullshit is this. All at once!

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

Wait, Netflix has a random button?!

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

I don't know why, to be honest. A random button like that is just asking for a steaming turd on a plate nine times out of ten, given the library Netflix has now.

Or more likely, they heavily weight it towards Netflix originals so you'll end up with steaming turd on a plate with the Netflix logo on it.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Started doing a rewatch of Ouran High School Host Club. Still absolutely fantastic. Also might have my favorite combination of OP and ED, both of the songs are great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Iwph3aU2U

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Ranlin wrote: »

Yeah, when I flipped to my profile I bobbled the remote ok button and got down+ok at the same time and then boom, was watching Arcane. Caught up with it tonight, this non binge bullshit has to go.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Is that an app only thing?

I pretty much only watch on PC through firefox. Maybe in Chrome? 'cause I don't see it anywhere.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I think it shows up when you first log in, you can choose a profile or watch something random.

I think it used to be in a different place, but honestly I've never used it.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Arcane continues to be entertaining. I’m not against the staggered release. Maybe it’ll help avoid the inevitable bout of mild post binge depression if the content is broken up.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Continuing Seinfeld.

Not gonna lie, I'd probably have a crush on someone like Elaine in real life.

• Options
    Continuing Seinfeld.

Elaine got sexier as the show went on, as she went from bulky curly hair to smooth. But you gotta keep an eye out for Jerry's girlfriends, there's so much classiness there. People know the ones like Courtney Cox or Teri Hatcher, but Supergirl was one, Stifler's Mom was another, and Jamie Gertz too.

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Continuing Seinfeld.

I dont know how far/what season are you on, but she gets progressively better lines and more participation as the show goes on, definitely my favorite character, followed closely by George.

When I watched her in the after credits scene of Black Widow, I wasnt sure it was her at first, until she laughed.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    I dunno, for Arcane it's been kind of interesting to see the 3 episode drops. It feels like they're dropping 1 act at a time, so this week was less bombastic than last week's since it's the second act. I'm interested in seeing if they stick the landing.

It is definitely a weird pattern compared to gorging on what's available or the 1 per week of other shows.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I've also been binging Seinfeld, never seen it before, I can see why it's so iconic though, I really like it, basically a toned down Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

• Options
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    I've also been binging Seinfeld, never seen it before, I can see why it's so iconic though, I really like it, basically a toned down Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

XD

It predates Sunny, Sunny is a toned UP Seinfeld. Literally.

The only problem with Seinfeld is it has one of the most reviled finales ever so these great characters end pretty flat.

• Options

XD

The only problem with Seinfeld is it has one of the most reviled finales ever so these great characters end pretty flat.

It is I! Possibly the only person who liked the Seinfeld finale!

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

XD

It is I! Possibly the only person who liked the Seinfeld finale!

The Seinfeld is too optimistic in having shitty people actually suffer consequences.

I always liked it

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

XD

does it though?
    https://youtu.be/fCwI3KDGtRk

• Options
    edited November 2021
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Continuing Seinfeld.

Elaine got sexier as the show went on, as she went from bulky curly hair to smooth.

I've honestly always liked some of the big hairstyles on these older shows for some reason.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Continuing Seinfeld.

Elaine got sexier as the show went on, as she went from bulky curly hair to smooth.

I've honestly always liked some of big hairstyles on these older shows for some reason.

Fashion and style are weird as I get older. I can recall being a youth and thinking that the fashions of past decades looked ridiculous and how could people back then have liked that stuff? But now here we are and I can recall thinking the style of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's were cool back during those decades. I definitely thought big hair looked good back in the day. Dunno why!

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I must be the english whisperer, because like 99% of the time I can understand what someone speaking a different dialect is saying.

Which one of these are you or all of them?
    https://youtu.be/Cun-LZvOTdw

• Options
    Continuing Seinfeld.

I've honestly always liked some of big hairstyles on these older shows for some reason.

Fashion and style are weird as I get older. I can recall being a youth and thinking that the fashions of past decades looked ridiculous and how could people back then have liked that stuff? But now here we are and I can recall thinking the style of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's were cool back during those decades. I definitely thought big hair looked good back in the day. Dunno why!

This was brought up in one Seinfeld retrospective for NBC or the dvds, the producers realize Kramer has the most timeless look of the four because of his character being the whacky one. The flat pants, the 50’s shirts. You would think George would be the most timeless because it wasn’t like he lost his hair over the series but him being in the corporate world shows the difference from 1990 to 1999.

This discussion has been closed.