Options

[NBA] A L L H A I L T H E B E A M

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm of the opinion that we have to stop treating the Clippers like a serious organization.

Four years of Kawhi and PG and this is what you have to show for it? The Lakers have literally shit themselves multiple times and have still won a title in the same time period and look better than you at the moment.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    game one of the sixers series doesn't start until monday now. thanks trae, big shot for philly haha

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    No

It will never be The Clippers

• Options
    my second favorite part of hawks celtics is that the hawks have managed after all this to still stay within one game of .500 and are now back to perfectly .500 on the season with that win.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    No

It will never be The Clippers

But they’re going to have so many goddamn luxurious TOILETS in their own arena and Steve Ballmer is hella excited about it

Honestly he’s probably the best you could hope for in an owner- a huge fan, the richest owner in the league, willing to spend, doesn’t meddle, does cartwheels about commodes

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Does anyone else watch those CoshReport videos that are like "such and such, but they get increasingly more awesome"? I just watched "playoff dunks but they get increasingly more legendary" and it reminded be of my most disappointing missed opportunity highlights. I always remember in the 2016 finals game 7, where right before Steph's big missed 3, Lebron came rumbling down the lane on a pass from Kyrie and got the shit fouled out of him by Draymond while missing the dunk by a fraction of an inch. If that had gone down, it might have been the all tome greatest NBA highlight (perhaps 2nd, the Jordan over Russell).

Doea anyone else have any "missed opportunity" highlights they think of? I also sometimes remember Gonzaga Gordon Hayward missed half courter in the NCAA championship.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    That was Butler, not Gonzaga

Over Duke, too. Would have been the most legendary play in college basketball history.

That whole thing is why Mayor Pete’s doppelgänger is running the Celtics now

Captain Inertia on
  • Options

Over Duke, too. Would have been the most legendary play in college basketball history.

Right, right, Butler. Even better.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Jimmy Butler is ridiculous

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    jimmy butler sits upon a throne of skulls, behold the pale horse and the man who sat upon him was jim bucket

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    YOU HAD A FUCKING TIMEOUT AND COULD ADVANCE THE BALL MILWAUKEE!

Mike Budenholzer is the worst coach who has ever won a championship I swear.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Milwaukee almost threw the ball away before the end of regulation and then their first play in OT they almost did it again

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    what the fuck was that last play from Milwaukee

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Phew, Bucks/Heat was a nailbiter.

• Options
    It warms my heart that Allen had the ball last and didn't get shot off.

• Options
    they had two timeouts left and that's how they ended their season

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Despite my Duncan Robinson Heat jersey suffering damage from my GF putting it through the dryer I will have to start wearing it for the second round of the playoffs.

• Options
    Meanwhile, dammit Kings.

• Options
    (if Giannis doesn't miss like a dozen free throws this doesn't even go to overtime)

• Options
    edited April 2023
    bucks with a coach that wasn't committing basketball terrorism wins the last two games.

but also lmao giannis with the absolutely incredible 10 for 23 from the line.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I straight-up think the Bucks should fire Budenholzer and go hire Nick Nurse. Dude had Spolestra running circles around him all series, which should be unacceptable considering the talent the Bucks have.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    In that overtime the Heat were missing Kyle Lowrey, Kevin Love, and Bam for 3/4 and still the Heat won the game and the ref's almost handed the Bucks the win with that called foul on Lowrey at the end of the fourth when he clearly got the free ball and should have ended up with the ball and it ended up in a neutral jump ball.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    As a SuperSonics fan I get a little peace whenever I see an 8 seed upset a 1 seed in the playoffs.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

I hate the Cs but I'd vote for Stevens.

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    I straight-up think the Bucks should fire Budenholzer and go hire Nick Nurse. Dude had Spolestra running circles around him all series, which should be unacceptable considering the talent the Bucks have.

Tbf I think it's more that Jimmy hit his growth spurt. And Bud is just that bad in the post season.

• Options
    Playoff Jimmy is on another level

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Knicks advance and face those Heat. Curious to see how Thibs attempts to deal with Jimmy

• Options
    i think the knicks win that series in 5. they’re playing really good basketball

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

Playoff Jimmy though

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Knight_ wrote: »

Playoff Jimmy though

he ain't getting any younger and has to hard carry every game or they lose because the team besides him is kinda tragic. they shot almost twice as good from 3 that series as they did for the entire season, i would not be surprised if the bottom fell out.

like, the bucks let david robinson exist on the court for multiple games when the dude is so bad at defense that even in the regular season when teams don't hunt mismatches that hard he literally couldn't touch the floor because he's so bad. just a profound failure of coaching.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I’m not saying the Knicks won’t win but…it’s the Knicks.

• Options
    IMO, the Knicks are a more or less average NBA franchise that people like to act like are tragic, mainly because they are in New York and so feel entitled that the team should be awesome.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks make the conference Finals. Again I am biased, but the thing is the Cavs defense was still solid the whole series (Knicks finals scores were nothing to write home about) and they have too much bench depth for Thibs to grind them into dust like he has his other squads. They could get exposed by a team that's too good for them to defend 5 on 4 like they were able to with Cleveland, but they eliminated the best defense in the league and the 4th best is gone now thanks to Miami so I could see them scoring more against the opponents remaining.

Also, I am getting close to jumping on the fire JB bandwagon. I know he didn't have too many options with his wings, but I still think his offense isn't creative enough and he doesn't seem to have any set plays he can call in crunch time.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    I'm not sure I could name Knicks player off the top of my head. It's been that long since I've watched them.

This discussion has been closed.