As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Congrats! Ayaka is great fun.

It, uh, took me a few more than 10, but I had them.

Then I immediately bumped her to 90 and started burning all those handguards and Elegance books.

Instantly going to 9/8/6 was... interesting.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I was going to keep her at 9/9/9 but I enjoy her so much I triple crowned her. She's a ton of fun, she and Mona put in work together.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I was going to keep her at 9/9/9 but I enjoy her so much I triple crowned her. She's a ton of fun, she and Mona put in work together.

Yeah, I'm really only getting on this ride because of the random Shenhe it threw at me a while ago, but I'm pretty sure Venti / Kokomi / Shenhe / Ayaka is going to be a new Abyss go-to for me as a result.

Ayaka seems like the ideal carry for the triple-lector floor, in fact!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    it is deeply annoying to me that her burst stops on targets but anemo travellers doesnt

mohiyo dont make me come to shanghai, get locked in a house because of covid restrictions, join the resistance, spend 5 years as a freedom fighter then finally return victorious to ur office only to find u still havent buffed amber so help me

obF2Wuw.png
    Okay, yeah, Venti / Kokomi / Shenhe / Ayaka is outright unfair.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

it is deeply annoying to me that her burst stops on targets but anemo travellers doesnt

mohiyo dont make me come to shanghai, get locked in a house because of covid restrictions, join the resistance, spend 5 years as a freedom fighter then finally return victorious to ur office only to find u still havent buffed amber so help me

The burst stopping is better, really, because her damage on big enemies depends on repeatedly hitting them.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yes thats what i mean

if u want anemo traveller to hit big targets repeatedly u need to target block it with nigguang or zhongli lol

obF2Wuw.png
    Ooooh I see. Then yeah, that's goofy. Ideally Anemo Traveler's burst should carry small enemies away kinda like Venti's, but you know, gravity in Inazuma is 4x normal.

great thing about this event is that multi enemy fights are great for the bomber em fischl amber combo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_LRscANiVE

obF2Wuw.png
    My Fischl/Beidou/Ayato/Venti tazer comp was a blast in there. Groups of enemies are almost always more fun than single biggins.

edited April 2022
    i have basically 5 levelled characters

theres the team im using

then theres noelle

any time i need 2 teams theres a comp, and theres noelle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkhoHa4ZIKw

ive never got a 5* bow but by god have i got 3 5* spines (this was an ec team test i could get like 11-13k ecs but its too inconsistent to proc passively using the right em)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Anybody else do the thing where you meticulously set up your team and the event buffs, then start the fight and go "Oh hell yeah, I am absolutely melting everything! This is great! This is awesome! This is... normal difficulty, isn't it...". At least it saves your setup. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I pretty much just do low difficulty anyways, I'm just here for collecting waifus.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited April 2022
    with this one they give u 4 free characters including some op ones so u can just use those to farm the max diff, the 4x mod honestly is pretty easy because ur just whomping big waves of dudes

EDIT: also xingqiu is really good for those destroy the balloon commissions, his burst kills them in like 5 seconds so u can get on with ur life

neat

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    with this one they give u 4 free characters including some op ones so u can just use those to farm the max diff, the 4x mod honestly is pretty easy because ur just whomping big waves of dudes

EDIT: also xingqiu is really good for those destroy the balloon commissions, his burst kills them in like 5 seconds so u can get on with ur life

neat

So far the dudes are not spawning fast enough to keep up with my Diluc and Ayaka shenanigans, but I did get a lot of dragonstrike practice in in the "screw it, have a bunch of attack speed for doing infused normals," one. That was fun.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

The attack speed one was hilarious for Ayato. Normally his E gets about 14-15 hits, but I think I counted 28 during that trial. Just turns him into a blender.

edited April 2022
    also if any of u have ever looked up how the cooldowns for elemental reactions work

tpswd88vkj69.png

ah yes attenuation group "amber", excellent, although her burst having no icd on either triggering or reapplying pyro is interesting so u can make a lotta overload. this is why eg diona has a 2.5cd on applying frozen with her charged attacks but amber can spam away with charged attacks and trigger every time

https://streamable.com/psgqmz

but of course these sequences are per-enemy, which is why hitting multiple targets is so good, but let me tell u the fucking spaghetti i have found

for example, with the right swirl u can put hydro and electro on enemies... but they are not electro-charged

4amd8hnfz48g.png

if u then swirl them the electro-charged triggers on everybody swirled to, but u can double trigger normal reactions off them

also enemies frozen solid will sometimes get noregs where melt text displays, but damage amp doesnt occur - specific to amber bunny of course. Why? god knows but some poor italian had his pasta stretched to the limit doing these systems (apparently possibly a side effect of a fix to "explosion" type attacks from klee triggering shatter vaporise, and sorting out the slightly insane order of operations in cases where an elemental aura remains on the mob caused one of the ghosts whose job it is to keep track to underperform)

also in the time i have pulled one amber from the standard banner i have pulled 10 rusts 9 rainslashers 6 favonius warbows and of course none of the 4* bows that would be useful

f9k3o51scq4w.png

who wants an r10 rust

EDIT:

9myp0c65mqri.png

Gorous ele skill is in the amber attenuation group... sus

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Fischl badly wants one of those Rusts.

edited April 2022

lil fishy got 1k em she spurneth the rust but my stringless is r2 only because they dont want me to have the fun bows... or the 5* bows. u know. either or

so u can trigger as many overloads as beidou ult has bounces on multiple targets (and in fact with bunny thats 4 on 2 because its a 2gauge pyro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeQikyn9OEU

tho of course it uses her em so u would need to build it but it does bypass the 2.5s default cd by hitting multi targets with one attack so... if its a single multi target attack that hits on the same frame u only get one trigger (eg lisa) so this bypasses that which is nice

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png

Please send 1 Rainslasher over here c/o Dawn Winery, thx, if only because I'm annoyed I've been on 4 refines forever.

Team Ayaka did a prerty solid job on Path 2 of Floor 12, but Path 1 is pretty hostile to Diluc or Eula. Did get to kill 12-3 (1) largely off Guhua swords and Rosaria, though, which was funny.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I finally "won" a 50/50, after 2? years of playing this dang game:

Character Banner: 989 Pulls, 0 Pulls since last 5 star

Qiqi @ 82, Klee @ 102, Jean @ 172 , Xiao @ 253, Jean C1 @ 273, Hu Tao @ 353, Diluc @ 431, Kazuha @ 505, Qiqi C1 @ 554, Raiden @ 608, Keqing C2 @ 683, Arataki Itto @ 760, Keqing C3 @ 837, Yae Miko @ 913, Ayaka @ 989

Momentarily thought I had rolled another Keqing as the silhouette faded in.

Don't really have anything prepped for Ayaka, as I didn't think I'd get her. Had enough materials to get to her to 50, but now have to return once again to the Handguard Grind :'(

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I finally "won" a 50/50, after 2? years of playing this dang game:

Character Banner: 989 Pulls, 0 Pulls since last 5 star

Qiqi @ 82, Klee @ 102, Jean @ 172 , Xiao @ 253, Jean C1 @ 273, Hu Tao @ 353, Diluc @ 431, Kazuha @ 505, Qiqi C1 @ 554, Raiden @ 608, Keqing C2 @ 683, Arataki Itto @ 760, Keqing C3 @ 837, Yae Miko @ 913, Ayaka @ 989

Momentarily thought I had rolled another Keqing as the silhouette faded in.

Don't really have anything prepped for Ayaka, as I didn't think I'd get her. Had enough materials to get to her to 50, but now have to return once again to the Handguard Grind :'(

I was curious about mine and in what is not a surprise to me at all, I've only won one 50/50 myself. But that 50/50 win was supremely lucky because it was Yae Miko at a whopping 7 Pity fresh off of Shenhe. Of course, this is balanced by....a lot of not really great stuff!

4952tugegg3u.png

My Zhongli is listed at 27 because I didn't start using the Wish Counter immediately, so my early months are just cut off completely. (So my C1 Keqing isn't even listed.) Really not looking forward to Yelan and Probably Yoimiya and Kazuha in rapid succession!

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    edited April 2022
    i checked recently and my standards are straight up cursed

ajq37ea2f3yc.png

and no amber in like 700 standard wishes which is tied for the record on the ambermains subreddit so u know im popping off

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    The best/funniest moment I've had from the standard banner was burning through the 5 monthly fates.

Pull: Surprise Keqing!.
    Next pull: I said, surprise Keqing!

So I have a C2 Keqing! Which is... eh. They're not the most terribly interesting C's out there, but I guess I have them.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I kind of wish the festival either had more time or less stuff to do. It's one of the first events I didn't completely finish. Wasn't able to get to the mechanicus stages, so I missed whatever rewards were gated behind that.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I kind of wish the festival either had more time or less stuff to do. It's one of the first events I didn't completely finish. Wasn't able to get to the mechanicus stages, so I missed whatever rewards were gated behind that.

Just primos and random other mats

steam_sig.png
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Artereis wrote: »

Just primos and random other mats

And the free Xingqiu.

There was a crown as well, which I think I got? But I didn't see it in any of the rewards so I'm hoping it was just part of the quest rewards.

edited April 2022
    just to see if the curse was still active i did 10 resin runs of the electro artifact domain
    dLn0zinh.png

i cannot express the extent to which there is skullduggery afoot

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Looks about right. When it comes to artifacts, everyone is equally cursed. I'd at least take a few of those feathers to level 4 to see if they roll the other crit stat, though.

Even though I said right from the outset that the new artifact domain is not worth it, I'm running it anyway just for something to do. Been spending the vast majority of my resin there since it was released, but I still do not have an acceptable set of artifacts to use of either set.

edited April 2022
    Looks about right. When it comes to artifacts, everyone is equally cursed.

i wish this were true, i did witch domain about 200 times and finished with over 60% lavasoother, in grotesque violation of probability, truth and respect for amber. i have simply accepted my account is stained by some kind of original sin which i am slowly expunging through pulling another 10 rainslashers from the standard banner

maybe the power move here is a cinnabar spindle build with all those def artifacts and use the 4piece to reduce ele skill cooldown, there is no way this will be bad

EDIT: every single 3-stat on there worth taking to 4 rolled hp or %def

i do wish they would change the pyro and electro element domains so the second set isnt just a booby prize - farming eg husk and getting the healing set at least feels like you're getting something hypothetically usable, or the cryo hydro domain. its one thing to have a result that is different from what u want; its another to just get something that is in principle bad and never worth using

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Looks about right. When it comes to artifacts, everyone is equally cursed.

i wish this were true, i did witch domain about 200 times and finished with over 60% lavasoother, in grotesque violation of probability, truth and respect for amber. i have simply accepted my account is stained by some kind of original sin which i am slowly expunging through pulling another 10 rainslashers from the standard banner

maybe the power move here is a cinnabar spindle build with all those def artifacts and use the 4piece to reduce ele skill cooldown, there is no way this will be bad

EDIT: every single 3-stat on there worth taking to 4 rolled hp or %def

i do wish they would change the pyro and electro element domains so the second set isnt just a booby prize - farming eg husk and getting the healing set at least feels like you're getting something hypothetically usable, or the cryo hydro domain. its one thing to have a result that is different from what u want; its another to just get something that is in principle bad and never worth using

The Pyro and Electro Domains bother me so much because the off-sets are just badly designed. 40% Elemental RES for the Element you're using is worthless. "I'm not doing any damage to these Pyro Slimes but at least I'm taking 40% less damage from them!" There are just so few use cases because most of the enemies that use elemental damage are either resistant or immune to their own element. I farmed the Electro Domain so much for Thundering Fury too, and just got so much Thundersoother instead that I gave my Miko a 4-Piece. It's not good! But it's like the only set I could give her if she wanted to deal any damage at all.

I can't even go back to it right now to try and kit her up better because I'm in the Emblem mines trying to get good pieces for my Raiden and Beidou for their respective team uses. My Raiden was okay but not great and I finally upgraded her flower to a ~34 CV with some Attack% and Energy Recharge. Still need better pieces for about all the other slots, though.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Yeah. There's some uses for the off sets iirc (e.g. Fischl actually works well with Thundersoother for taser comps), but... it's not like the 2/2 Thunderfury/attack set is going to be much worse, and it will always be useful.

its also that they are boring af and not even niche - its a suboptimal generic damage vs debuff set

at least make them something insanely goofy, spawn slimes of the element like the jellyfish set and they are ur friends

obF2Wuw.png
    They need to put more artifact transmute options in the crafting table. Right now you can do gladiators, wanderers, noblesse... and one nobody gives a shit about. It was a nice way to farm gladiators... until they flooded the market with more +15% atk bonus sets. So noblesse is the only worthwhile one. It's just that I am now constantly hitting the artifact cap, and I've probably got 2-300 5*'s that are junk that I can't get rid off. I don't even use them for exp, because I'd sooner burn the 900 2/3/4*'s I have first. Add more transmute options, and at least I can burn 3 junk 5's for 1 reroll.

I've never hit the artifact cap, but I also feed all my artifacts that are trash into the other artifacts, 5*s included.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I've never hit the artifact cap, but I also feed all my artifacts that are trash into the other artifacts, 5*s included.

I'm always at cap because their filter system lacks the granularity needed to overcome my laziness.

steam_sig.png
    There's a point where there's really nothing else to spend resin on other than hunting for perfect artifacts.

edited April 2022
    There's a point where there's really nothing else to spend resin on other than hunting for perfect artifacts.

Oh look double leylines are coming back. Oh right, I'm stocked up on everything anyways.

Polaritie on
    I'm still working on getting all the characters I use to 90|9/9/9, so hey, goals.