As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    And you just run Bennett with almost anyone for that attack buff.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i see the problem in ur screenshot, level 20 amber...

obF2Wuw.png
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    You could do a lot worse than Klee/Fischl/Venti/Diona. Fischl throws down Oz. Venti uses his burst and hopefully infuses the electro from Oz. Klee throws her Jumpy Dumpty's into the tornado. Anything caught in that explosion gets wrecked. And Diona is there for the shield/healing. Or instead you shield first with Diona and hopefully get the cryo infused tornado for the melt damage.

That strat should ideally let you farm both the VV and thunder domains and let you build up Venti and Fischl. ...You're still kind of up the creek when it comes to getting crimson witch because that place is anti-electro. In that case you'd maybe have to consider building up Childe. That involves fighting the Oceanid, which Fischl and Diona would really help with... but still fuck that thing. Or maybe Diluc, equip him with any gladiator pieces you have and go for pure physical. Or keep going with Kaeya and hopefully equip him with either nobless or gladiator stuff.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Venti's cyclone doesn't pick up jumpy bombs, unfortunately. Which is extra dumb since Jean can yeet them and Kazuha can suck them up.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    anemo trav too

obF2Wuw.png
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Barbara is fantastic at tearing through fire shields, yeah. It's her main use case frankly - catalysts get easy reactions on attack plus her skill procs even more. (Because usually people just let Bennett handle the healing).

I do wonder how good she would be with the Clam set for a new player. The damage is nothing to sneeze at even for me, it's AE with decent radius and it's super easy to gear for - Thrilling Tales and HP main stat artifacts with no need to worry about substats.

i just realised aside from fischl i have all the starters (other than kaeya) as my only 90s

brand loyalty

obF2Wuw.png
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Venti's cyclone doesn't pick up jumpy bombs, unfortunately. Which is extra dumb since Jean can yeet them and Kazuha can suck them up.

Doesn't pick up tiny bombs, yeah that's annoying. But with everything contained in the tornado, the main bomb's AOE damage still hits everybody. There's also not a lot of people who can reliably attack anything that's sucked up, but Klee's charged attack is one of them.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    The most important takeaway is that actually getting on-set artifacts is the endgame-est activity, aside from maybe the handful of characters who very strongly benefit from a 4-piece bonus, and in that case the actual artifacts barely matter, a niche which nestles fairly nicely inside the Curious Gold/Clam War domain for now.

Building up a deep roster of talented characters is important preparation for rocking face at those artifact domains, and additionally will give you large numbers of generic gladiator/wanderer artifacts that you can use to build up nearly anyone.

(because you're going to be doing a lot a lot of artifact domains. TFW you hit the roll for an on-set damage goblet before an on-set crit hat instead.)

ok so dragonstriking on the flat with jean works, little fiddly but shes tall so is fine

trav is a stumpy girl (not a squished queen like qiqi but second smallest), but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x841aztk_cI

it works, even without jeans 15%ms buff (tho obvs easier)

however when i checked the video this seems like an either 1-2 frame window to cancel with the dash and the dash and jump need to be on consecutive frames if u want to do it on the flat without a speed buff

obF2Wuw.png
    So this new spice event is all about creating spices to add to food that you can feed to party members inside the serenitea pot for bonus friendship points... during a time where the serenitea pot has been in an extended maintenance. Of the people I had placed before it locked down, only 3 now aren't maxed out. It's been irksome that I can't swap them out, but it is what it is. But uh... maybe they should have held back on this event until all this gets taken care of.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    The whole super-extended teapot maintenance thing is pretty weird. Did the guy who worked on that thing die and they've spent weeks trying to figure out the code or what?

edited May 2022
    qiqistrike!

https://streamable.com/qa2efs

ok if she can do it anybody can do it guess its dargon strikes for eveyrbody
    Mirkel wrote: »
    The whole super-extended teapot maintenance thing is pretty weird. Did the guy who worked on that thing die and they've spent weeks trying to figure out the code or what?

the teas gone cold

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Did they ever explain what exactly they are doing to the teapot?

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    A quick google search kinda confirms that people think it has to do with people building realm layouts having found a bug to glich objects together.

I'm not sure if hoyo care enought about that to disable the whole feature until they come up with a fix. Or if someone has found a way to glich the placement amount limit too.

The last sound more likely to me, but it's possible the clipping glich caused some problems with the code on one of the gaming platforms.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    Also, I don't know the exact timeline of events. But around the time that the pot maintenance was starting to become questionable is about when I heard that Shanghai was in a super covid lockdown state. And then a while after that is when they announced the patch delay. So I don't know if that really was the root cause of everything, but I'm certain that's not helping things much either.

i set up my teapot before the maintenance like this as a joke

hc8q8gptpdw0.png

the knights are all 10 friendship in the library (most important room, lisa there)

the sub-10s are in the "loser pen" and u cant get to them because its blocked by the doodad

and then they locked it and now i cant get to them to give them food

obF2Wuw.png
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    So if I'm feeling underpowered relative to the content I'm doing, what's the best way to figure out why? I tried Domain of Zhou level 4 as suggested here but literally couldn't even kill the first two slimes, and in general it seems like my numbers are always lower than the ones I see in videos. I suspect it's that I'm not using the right artifacts or that they're not leveled enough or something but I can't say for sure.

As it is I had to bump my world level from 7 to 6 because it just felt tedious to dangerous at my current power level for even my main party.

If you're struggling, there's no shame in bumping back up to 7 and just doing the highest difficulty in co-op. Get some folk to carry you to some good artifacts. Bring a good support (like your Venti) and that should get you over the hump.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    edited May 2022
    i went in to abyss before it resets tonight and i was doing last part of 11 and i was like this feels harder than it should be and i realised the team i was using was half naked and my fischl and jean had level 1 or wrong weaps on becaus ei had been swapping things

we made it though... just

but it was very exciting at least u can always rely on sucrose to succ and overload to do... something... maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoSwa2V5cD0

look they get spy checked by jean ult, very cunning, mi5 are about to hire her

EDIT: ok i just realised jean is wearing full geo damage gear, fischl has a half em gearset with a level 20 viridescent hunt and amber is drunk

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    yvinule1k0nf.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Kuki doesn't look nearly weird enough to hang out with Itto. For shame!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited May 2022
    Heizou looks rad and he's our first boy catalyst.

Shadowfire on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Also, I thought the outfits were going to be less sexualized?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

soon she shall receive her 9th crown

e9p8upmhn15y.png

u might ask why but what other character is powerful enough to need 9?

obF2Wuw.png
    Respect.

ive been juicing electro trav with the steroids to turn her into a phys dps

unknown.png

i hope her heart doesnt give out before the 9th crown

obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2022
    bruh they blew up st pauls

unknown.png

i knew it...

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Heizou animations, spoilering in case people don't want to see it until official unveils.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEclLqNXKI4

I'm of two minds here. The animations look awesome, and they're adapting an existing weapon into a new combat style which I appreciate.

But also, they couldn't just make our first boy catalyst a caster? Really? Booooooo.

edited May 2022
    the little rock hop with geo trav is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAm3hbNJkkw

feels good

EDIT:

just got my 11th rust and rainslasher in the same standard pull. theyre keeping perfect track
    mej94rz9ee4b.png

das beautiful

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Heizou animations, spoilering in case people don't want to see it until official unveils.

I'm of two minds here. The animations look awesome, and they're adapting an existing weapon into a new combat style which I appreciate.

But also, they couldn't just make our first boy catalyst a caster? Really? Booooooo.
    I'm also of two minds with Heizou and overall I feel like my disappointment in the game is just dragging down my opinion completely. While I appreciate that reusing catalysts means we won't have to grind for an entire new class of weapons, it also means that Hoyoverse isn't putting that much effort into him. He fights 'different' but we're stuck in the exact same conceits the game has been running with so ultimately his flashy new style is not indicative of anything.

While I think his moveset is really really cool and it's exactly what I've been waiting for, I have a real hard time thinking about how he'll be anything other than another Yae Miko: Cool but not very powerful or viable unless you whale him. I'm assuming all his attacks are going to be Anemo damage at least, since coming up with a way for Catalysts to do physical damage seems like a nightmare, which means he'll be really hard to buff. So it's doubtful they're going to make his damage that much higher to compensate for that. Artifact sets aren't made for Anemo Attackers and while they can release a set for him alongside him, that's just another addition to all the issues with Artifact Grinding as is. Your go-to is probably going to throw a 4-piece Viridescent Venerer on him and run him in a Taser team like Sucrose and while that's a very good team it's honestly nothing new in the end. Or you'll do the old Xiao thing of doubling up on 2 Piece 18% Atk Buff sets for him to focus on his personal damage which, again, is not new.

Granted, I haven't actually looked at the leaks, just the animations. But I feel like, even if he's an absolute powerhouse at C0, his design is still indicative of HoyoVerse's unwillingness to change course which the game, as we've seen for a while now but especially because of the 2.7 delay, desperately needs. We need them to break out of the loop the game is in and add something long-lasting or the game itself will not last.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

I'm also of two minds with Heizou and overall I feel like my disappointment in the game is just dragging down my opinion completely. While I appreciate that reusing catalysts means we won't have to grind for an entire new class of weapons, it also means that Hoyoverse isn't putting that much effort into him. He fights 'different' but we're stuck in the exact same conceits the game has been running with so ultimately his flashy new style is not indicative of anything.

While I think his moveset is really really cool and it's exactly what I've been waiting for, I have a real hard time thinking about how he'll be anything other than another Yae Miko: Cool but not very powerful or viable unless you whale him. I'm assuming all his attacks are going to be Anemo damage at least, since coming up with a way for Catalysts to do physical damage seems like a nightmare, which means he'll be really hard to buff. So it's doubtful they're going to make his damage that much higher to compensate for that. Artifact sets aren't made for Anemo Attackers and while they can release a set for him alongside him, that's just another addition to all the issues with Artifact Grinding as is. Your go-to is probably going to throw a 4-piece Viridescent Venerer on him and run him in a Taser team like Sucrose and while that's a very good team it's honestly nothing new in the end. Or you'll do the old Xiao thing of doubling up on 2 Piece 18% Atk Buff sets for him to focus on his personal damage which, again, is not new.

Granted, I haven't actually looked at the leaks, just the animations. But I feel like, even if he's an absolute powerhouse at C0, his design is still indicative of HoyoVerse's unwillingness to change course which the game, as we've seen for a while now but especially because of the 2.7 delay, desperately needs. We need them to break out of the loop the game is in and add something long-lasting or the game itself will not last.

More Heizou stuff.
    He's a 4*, so not whaling so much as patience and pulling on the banner that he's on anyway. I'm trying to get a handle on his skills, just reading them over make him a kinda cool burst DPS? His burst is a quick 12s CD with only 40 energy cost, which is pretty nuts. Not high damage, but he looks fun and that's what matters most.

edited May 2022
    he seems cool

his burst meaning that if u can get a bunch of ppl with diff elemental debuffs in one place u go ham is a fun gimmick as opposed to the single absorb mechanics of normal anemo

also if he does good anemo damage then he makes the anemo shred of jean / trav feel better too

but hes a man so unusable sadge

EDIT: due to a sudden and inexplicable increase in my skill as a player of this videogame i levelled a crit damage circlet with a flat hp roll from 0 to 20 without it hitting hp once. i put this down to frame perfect enhance inputs and a real dedication to game mechanics

1vdgi541ihcf.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

More Heizou stuff.
    He's a 4*, so not whaling so much as patience and pulling on the banner that he's on anyway. I'm trying to get a handle on his skills, just reading them over make him a kinda cool burst DPS? His burst is a quick 12s CD with only 40 energy cost, which is pretty nuts. Not high damage, but he looks fun and that's what matters most.
    It looks to me that his damage will be pretty solid, but not spectacular. So he can either be used as an anemo VV support who packs more of a punch in exchange for having little to no grouping ability (depending on if you have his constellation that adds a vacuum effect to his burst, and how good that is), or he can be used in place of Sucrose in taser teams. She's pretty spectacular in general, but her one issue is that she doesn't really do any personal damage outside of Swirl.

If nothing else, it'll be nice to get use out of these VV artifacts that don't have Elemental Mastery.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Looks like we have a date for 2.7. May 31.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Should be getting the preview stream soon as well it looks like, so code drop soon?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Should be getting the preview stream soon as well it looks like, so code drop soon?

Also means only 1 more week of the compensation. Was hoping to have some more time to build up the dragon’s horde of primos.

did some wandering around the far north of the map and took some nice pics at the map boundary

7858z541v28a.png

bc3y7hsppomn.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    did some wandering around the far north of the map and took some nice pics at the map boundary

7858z541v28a.png

bc3y7hsppomn.png

I find the map boundaries strangely disconcerting.

Just an extension of me finding going out-of-bounds in games generally nightmarish.

Nah, it's fine. Let's explore that area later!