Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I don't know about Grounded. Cartoony and cute and all but those spiders and the koi and stuff can be downright terrifying.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Minecraft Dungeons is pretty good for coop.
    Castle Crashers is fun, but I've never played networked.
    Terraria.
    Rocket League. 3 player teams. Though admittedly I haven't played it much since it was poached by Epic.

One good thing about Rocket League getting poached by Epic (aside from it now being F2P) is that it has crossplay/cross-save on everything.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Can I get some recommendations on kid-friendly co-op games that I can play with my kids (9 & 6) where each of us has our own computer? My oldest already has a Steam account and I'll be getting the youngest set up with their own.

Current ideas: Minecraft and Portal Knights. I'm also thinking about introducing them to Guild Wars 2 (highly hands-on) because it would be fun to roam the world with them and the combat/violence is actually pretty tame.

I'm not sure if they support playing on seperate computers, but the LEGO games are great coop experiences

EDIT: It looks like they don't, but steam to the rescue: https://store.steampowered.com/remoteplay#together

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Can I get some recommendations on kid-friendly co-op games that I can play with my kids (9 & 6) where each of us has our own computer? My oldest already has a Steam account and I'll be getting the youngest set up with their own.

Current ideas: Minecraft and Portal Knights. I'm also thinking about introducing them to Guild Wars 2 (highly hands-on) because it would be fun to roam the world with them and the combat/violence is actually pretty tame.

Minecraft Dungeons, which is an ARPG, supposedly kind of light but might be appealing to kids?
    Satisfactory if they might be into making a big ol' factory.
    Forza Horizon if they want to drive around and race stuff in an open world.
    Deep Rock Galactic if you wanna do a Vermintide-esque mission based coop thing as dwarves in mines fighting bugs. Might be a bit much for a 6 year old, tho.
    Grounded. Open world survival game with base building and whatnot, Honey I Shrunk The Kids style where you're kids shrunk down fighting bugs and whatnot in a back yard.
    Overcooked 2 (or the new all you can eat version that has 1+2) has online coop, they're pretty fun and hectic.
    Titanfall 2 has a Horde mode type thing that has you shooting robots and mechs and stuff.

That said, much of that might be a bit much for a 6 year old, idk what level of complicated stuff they can handle at that age.

They'll surprise you. I've played increasingly complicated board games with her since she was 4. Last time around we were playing Xia: Legends of a Drift System for the first time and she kicked all of our asses by viciously embracing capitalism and piracy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So...NFT is basically Cryptocurrency but for something other than money is what im hearing.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Highly important. Chatter in the game is tame by MMO standards, but I predict there might be a lot of "Why are all these girl wizards running around in their underwear?" questions given player fashion choices.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Spoit wrote: »

I'm not sure if they support playing on seperate computers, but the LEGO games are great coop experiences

EDIT: It looks like they don't, but steam to the rescue: https://store.steampowered.com/remoteplay#together

That is a feature I've completely forgot about and really should give more attention to.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    So...NFT is basically Cryptocurrency but for something other than money is what im hearing.

If only it were that smart.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Minecraft Dungeons, which is an ARPG, supposedly kind of light but might be appealing to kids?
    Satisfactory if they might be into making a big ol' factory.
    Forza Horizon if they want to drive around and race stuff in an open world.
    Deep Rock Galactic if you wanna do a Vermintide-esque mission based coop thing as dwarves in mines fighting bugs. Might be a bit much for a 6 year old, tho.
    Grounded. Open world survival game with base building and whatnot, Honey I Shrunk The Kids style where you're kids shrunk down fighting bugs and whatnot in a back yard.
    Overcooked 2 (or the new all you can eat version that has 1+2) has online coop, they're pretty fun and hectic.
    Titanfall 2 has a Horde mode type thing that has you shooting robots and mechs and stuff.

That said, much of that might be a bit much for a 6 year old, idk what level of complicated stuff they can handle at that age.

They'll surprise you. I've played increasingly complicated board games with her since she was 4. Last time around we were playing Xia: Legends of a Drift System for the first time and she kicked all of our asses by viciously embracing capitalism and piracy.

There's life lessons there!

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I don't know about Grounded. Cartoony and cute and all but those spiders and the koi and stuff can be downright terrifying.

I just looked up that Koi fish.

Fuck that shit.

One of the only reasons that I have not managed to replay Sekiro is the gigantic fish in that.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Having a giant spider ransack your base in the middle of the night is pretty damn scary in that game...

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Grounded is scarier than Ark if you ask me. I haven't played since the patch where they added the koi originally, so a lot has been added, but at the time your power cap was low enough that none of the threats really stopped being a threat. Ants were the only ones you could really overpower, but the more that you kill the more aggressive the whole colony becomes and they will wear you down.

Ark there came a point that my pack of raptors and the brontosaurus with the ballista on his back could handle anything likely to find it's way into my base. I had two more tiers worth of tech I never unlocked but short of a giga taking an interest in my dodo farm I felt pretty safe.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    My son and I are also having fun playing co op Bloons TD 6.
    He also enjoys clone drone in danger zone, which is a weird robot battler you can do co op?

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited December 2021

My experience of playing LEGO games is a cycle of nodding off and being indelicately revived by a small hand rocking my shoulder. "Wake UP! You were sleeping!"

As if this were an aberration given all the excitement happening onscreen.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I gave up on the Horizon Zero Dawn frozen expansion. Its solutions for post-game difficulty are "all the Frostclaws forever" and even on an Easy setting, evading them while trying to craft and dump ammo into them is such a miserable experience for me. And the Banuk...look, I get it. Tradition bad. I had difficulty caring about whats going on.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    I gave up on the Horizon Zero Dawn frozen expansion. Its solutions for post-game difficulty are "all the Frostclaws forever" and even on an Easy setting, evading them while trying to craft and dump ammo into them is such a miserable experience for me. And the Banuk...look, I get it. Tradition bad. I had difficulty caring about whats going on.

On the other hand... Ikrie. <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

On the other hand... Ikrie. <3

I had to look her up. I remember the character, but the main thing I remember was that she led the hunting trials that no matter what I just couldn't complete, and didn't have to for a quest, so I was just . . . done with those trials.

I liked the Frozen WIlds, but my main way of killing Frostclaws was to rope them down then hit as many of their danger-pouches as possible, rinse and repeat. The rocket dogs were harder, because they were way faster, and were very much dangerous from the front, so they lended themselves more to close range hit and run which I don't do well in . . . any game ever. But the added story of The Daemon and Cyan was enough to spur me onwards. I was happy with the result.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Images, not game spoilers.
    krlgycpssvsa.png

qlqu2xv0wqcx.png

e58cnbck5vqp.png

This is canon as far as I'm concerned. <3

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I never met her, and Aloy is Adventuresexual.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I did some of the early game in Horizon Zero Dawn and holy shit this game was made for mouse and keyboard. I actually feel like I can fight the robots without resorting to just stealth shooting their eyes. Had a situation with 3 watchers running me down and just with the crappy starter bow, I nailed each one in the face before they even got to make their lunge attack.

Don't think I'll need a PS5 for Forbidden West, because I'll be waiting for that to hit PC as well now.

• Options
    That aside, the DLC is really really good and the story in it is great. Turn down the difficulty and romp through it (also, are you high enough level? It's meant for late game.)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Grounded is scarier than Ark if you ask me. I haven't played since the patch where they added the koi originally, so a lot has been added, but at the time your power cap was low enough that none of the threats really stopped being a threat. Ants were the only ones you could really overpower, but the more that you kill the more aggressive the whole colony becomes and they will wear you down.

Ark there came a point that my pack of raptors and the brontosaurus with the ballista on his back could handle anything likely to find it's way into my base. I had two more tiers worth of tech I never unlocked but short of a giga taking an interest in my dodo farm I felt pretty safe.

Speaking of Ark, they have reached out to steam and had myth of empires delisted pending an investigation into source code theft

Former employees of the Chinese branch of ark's publisher who had rank to view arc source code left and started the studio that created myth

• Options
    I never met her, and Aloy is Adventuresexual.

I definitely read all her interactions as asexual in nature, but then that tracks for me personally, so . . .

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I also read her interactions as purely asexual as well. She doesn’t seem interested in you unless you’re a new piece of SCIENCE!

And some people try really hard to hit on her.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular

My experience of playing LEGO games is a cycle of nodding off and being indelicately revived by a small hand rocking my shoulder. "Wake UP! You were sleeping!"

As if this were an aberration given all the excitement happening onscreen.

It’s like seeing the future laid out before me.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Images, not game spoilers.
    krlgycpssvsa.png

qlqu2xv0wqcx.png

e58cnbck5vqp.png

This is canon as far as I'm concerned. <3

100% the vibe I got in-game and was hoping for

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Morkath for Lacuna, I look forward to trying it when Steam Decks eventually come out. Some time after February.

Still alive, approaching 3,100 hours in Stellaris: unda da sea edition. Aquatic species pack offers ridiculous opportunities for the tall empire player, such as myself. Megacorps are still the most broken powerful imo. Unbidden ended my last game but I kind of did that to myself setting crisis strength to 2x and taking them on solo.

I should be getting access to geforce now 3080 some time this week, will report back on how that goes.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I think I would prefer Aloy to just straight up be asexual. It's kinda nice having a cool adventure game without any romantic subplot BS going on. And when there are no canon relationships, people can head-canon anything they want.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    yeah I projected Aloy as being into Ikrie but she 100% be ace

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    100% to you, anyway.

Because Aloy is on a mission and not falling all over everyone, doesn't mean she's ace. I mean, it's cool to headcanon that, but sometimes a girl just ain't got no time, yknow? Worlds to save and shit. Plus she has exactly zero experience even talking to people, let alone relationship building. Doesn't mean she's got no interest. There's literally nothing in the game that says one way or the other, so it's just as valid to headcanon she's into Ikrie. Or hell, maybe she'd go for king whatshisface if she had time.

The game completely doesn't say so all answers are acceptable.

That said, the Ikrie vibe is real. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I also read her interactions as purely asexual as well. She doesn’t seem interested in you unless you’re a new piece of SCIENCE!

I found her letdown options to the Sun King thoughtful. Poor guy probably never properly grieved for his gf.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Did I mention that I love Deathloop (except for the matchmaking)

the latest patch (re)enabled putting mines on throwables, and I threw a bottle with three mines on it at Julianna
    also the soundtrack, man. In Charlie's space invader game, the conflict music feels extremely like a 60s Batman homage and I love it so much

also I'm 2 cheevos away from 100%, so uh
    yeah

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    My 6yo (now 7) likes: Valheim, Astroneer

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »

It's funny, I missed a good 90% of this when I played through, and when I was watching a let's player with his first run through the game and he kept noting how everyone was hitting on her, I was like, "wait, is that flirting? Really?". :lol:

• Options
    All characters are hereby incomplete as a person unless they're screwing something.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    100% to you, anyway.

Because Aloy is on a mission and not falling all over everyone, doesn't mean she's ace. I mean, it's cool to headcanon that, but sometimes a girl just ain't got no time, yknow? Worlds to save and shit. Plus she has exactly zero experience even talking to people, let alone relationship building. Doesn't mean she's got no interest. There's literally nothing in the game that says one way or the other, so it's just as valid to headcanon she's into Ikrie. Or hell, maybe she'd go for king whatshisface if she had time.

The game completely doesn't say so all answers are acceptable.

That said, the Ikrie vibe is real. :razz:

I'm keeping you as an option, but not an option I am willing to act on until doomsday is averted! Kthxbye!

......this makes you cool and even hotter.

BUSYWITHROBOTHONEYBADGER!

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    All characters are hereby incomplete as a person unless they're screwing something.

I mean, yeah. Most games seem to want to put a romantic plotline in there.

Whether or not a player has any interest in it.

Probably why I love Fenyx and HZD and FF14. There's bits of stuff that's romance adjacent in HZD and FF14, but both games don't force a choice on the player.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I mean, yeah. Most games seem to want to put a romantic plotline in there.

Whether or not a player has any interest in it.

Probably why I love Fenyx and HZD and FF14. There's bits of stuff that's romance adjacent in HZD and FF14, but both games don't force a choice on the player.

I'm liking shutting down every single character in AC Odyssey, though I do think they could provide better options than "constant flirt" or "money-grubbing jackass" when that heart icon comes up.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    SE deliberately leaves things ambiguous in XIV and has said as much.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I'd much rather have specific aroace representation, but in lieu of that I'm also alright with "you can totally read it that way because we left it ambiguous". Like, as long as I can read it my way I'm good (for now).