Options

Turning out a New Third Age [WoT TV show] [for Book readers]

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Very nice of the showrunner to just let Josha Stradowski keep the hair he showed up to set with the first day

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Book readers, I gots a question, feel free to put it all on spoilers: we're in the halfway point of the season, what else is gonna come up in the book for the second half? I only remember the very last bit, and a couple locations that's reputed to be cut and moved into season 2:
    Baerlon (and Min) and Caemlyn (and Elayne) aren't in Season 1.

I only remember the last bit with the saidin pool and the Green Man, but that's likely the season finale. Loial (ep 6?) and travelling via The Ways are coming up as well, but I'm blanking on what else will be happening.

Dollars to donuts they make the Seanchan the season stinger.

Book spoilers
    So basic structure will likely be them reuniting (looks like now in Tar Valon instead of Caemlyn.). Meeting Loial and then taking the Ways to Fal Dara for the fight at the Eye.

Supposedly min is appearing, just in a different place. Fain should likely reappear in Fal Dara. We likely will get a flashback to Tam’s reveal to Rand about finding him at some point near the big reveal.

We might get the Amyrlin meeting from book 2 when they hit Tar Valon instead of in Fal Dara.

I’m betting

Ep 5 is Perrin/Egwene focused. With Goldeneyes reveal
    Ep 6 is Tar Valon -> Fal Dara
    Ep 7 is Rand focused, ends with Dragon Reveal
    Ep 8 is fights and fallout.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Book readers, I gots a question, feel free to put it all on spoilers: we're in the halfway point of the season, what else is gonna come up in the book for the second half? I only remember the very last bit, and a couple locations that's reputed to be cut and moved into season 2:

I only remember the last bit with the saidin pool and the Green Man, but that's likely the season finale. Loial (ep 6?) and travelling via The Ways are coming up as well, but I'm blanking on what else will be happening.

Okay, so, book 1 plot summary:

Potentially HUGE spoilers if you haven't read the books.
    -Prologue, the breaking of the world and the creation of Dragonmount (May be shown later)
    -Moiraine, Lan, Thom, and Padan Fain arrive in Two Rivers
    -Trollocs attack Rand and Tam
    -Trollocs attack the Two Rivers
    -Rand walks his injured father to the Two Rivers, Tam has a fever dream where he spoils the ending of the book (May be shown later)
    -Moiraine says "We gotta go." and takes Rand, Mat, Perrin, Egwene, and Thom
    -They get to Taren Ferry, the ferry sinks after they cross. What a coincidence.
    -They get to Baerlon, where they meet Whitecloaks (Dain Bornhold, the shitty one) and Min for the first time, and meet Ba'alzamon in their dreams. (Min may happen later, the Bats dream replaced the Baerlon dream)
    -Nynaeve finds the group and tries to haul the kids back, they refuse to go, so Nynaeve tags along.
    -They get to Shadar Logoth where Mat steals a dagger and they get split up into the current three groups (Rand/Mat, Egg & Pear, Moiraine/Lan/Nynaeve)
    -Rand, Mat and Thom hop on a boat and head to Whitebridge, where they lose Thom in a classic heroic sacrifice moment where you don't see the body so he's totally coming back later.
    -Mat starts to turn into an asshole.
    -Egwene and Perrin meet Elyas the Wolf-talkin-guy who teaches Perrin how to talk to wolves.
    -Egwene and Perrin hang out with the travelers for a while, then Whitecloaks show up and kill some Wolves so Perrin kills the Whitecloaks back.
    -Egwene and Perrin get captured by Whitecloaks (Geofram Bornhold, the good one, Dain's father)
    -Nynaeve, Lan, and Moiraine bust Perrin and Egwene out of the Whitecloak camp and also save Bela, the best horse.
    -Rand and Mat reach Caemlyn, where Mat turns fully into a reclusive shitheel because cursed dagger.
    -Rand makes friends with Loial, climbs a random wall to take a look at a captured Logain and accidentally makes the Princess fall in love with him. We meet Morgase, Elaida, Elayne, Goofus and Galad
    -Everybody else shows up in Caemlyn and Moiraine explains that they're all utterly fucked unless they travel through a corrupted subspace dimensional gateway. Also temporarily heals Mat of being a shit.
    -They travel through The Ways and almost get eaten by the wind right as they're leaving.
    -They reach the Borderlands, which is the standard Feudal Japan-inspired level.
    -They meet Padan Fain and discover he staged the attack on the Two Rivers and has been following them ever since.
    -They head for the Eye of the World and meet Treeface, discovering the Eye is a pool of untainted male half of the power.
    -They meet two of the Forsaken, Creepy and Rapey
    -Treebeard kills one of them, Rand channels like a motherfucker and kills not only the other Forsaken but also an entire army of Trollocs that were about to destroy the Borderlands city they were staying in.
    -Moiraine, talking to nobody in particular, says that Rand is the Dragon.
    -End of book.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I was happy that ep 4 picked up the pace a bit, though I also realized they only have four left and I swear to god if they leave the season on an unresolved cliffhanger I may skip the rest of the series out of spite

I thought it was interesting that they
    gave like, dialogue and body-forms to the insane-man-channeling squiggles; they didn't do much to make mr. fake dragon whose name I can't remember unsympathetic (though obviously they're leaning into the idea that the aes sedai are overly dogmatic)

I also appreciate that various characters are willing to talk about how fuckin' weird some of the other characters are; like good, I'm not alone in thinking moiraine and lan are kinda bizarre in the way they interact with... humans in general

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Taramoor wrote: »

-Prologue, the breaking of the world and the creation of Dragonmount (May be shown later)
    -Rand walks his injured father to the Two Rivers, Tam has a fever dream where he spoils the ending of the book (May be shown later)
    -They get to Baerlon, where they meet Whitecloaks (Dain Bornhold, the shitty one) and Min for the first time, and meet Ba'alzamon in their dreams. (Min may happen later, the Bats dream replaced the Baerlon dream)
    -Nynaeve finds the group and tries to haul the kids back, they refuse to go, so Nynaeve tags along.
    -They get to Shadar Logoth where Mat steals a dagger and they get split up into the current three groups (Rand/Mat, Egg & Pear, Moiraine/Lan/Nynaeve)
    -Rand, Mat and Thom hop on a boat and head to Whitebridge, where they lose Thom in a classic heroic sacrifice moment where you don't see the body so he's totally coming back later.
    -Egwene and Perrin meet Elyas the Wolf-talkin-guy who teaches Perrin how to talk to wolves.
    -Egwene and Perrin hang out with the travelers for a while, then Whitecloaks show up and kill some Wolves so Perrin kills the Whitecloaks back.
    -Egwene and Perrin get captured by Whitecloaks (Geofram Bornhold, the good one, Dain's father)
    -Nynaeve, Lan, and Moiraine bust Perrin and Egwene out of the Whitecloak camp and also save Bela, the best horse.
    -Rand and Mat reach Caemlyn, where Mat turns fully into a reclusive shitheel because cursed dagger.
    -Rand makes friends with Loial, climbs a random wall to take a look at a captured Logain and accidentally makes the Princess fall in love with him. We meet Morgase, Elaida, Elayne, Goofus and Galad
    -Everybody else shows up in Caemlyn and Moiraine explains that they're all utterly fucked unless they travel through a corrupted subspace dimensional gateway. Also temporarily heals Mat of being a shit.
    -They travel through The Ways and almost get eaten by the wind right as they're leaving.
    -They meet Padan Fain and discover he staged the attack on the Two Rivers and has been following them ever since.
    -They head for the Eye of the World and meet Treeface, discovering the Eye is a pool of untainted male half of the power.
    -Treebeard kills one of them, Rand channels like a motherfucker and kills not only the other Forsaken but also an entire army of Trollocs that were about to destroy the Borderlands city they were staying in.
    -End of book.

On the one hand thank you for posting this summary because it's been a long time since I read the books

On the other hand I can see how all of that could have easily been fit into 10-12 episodes and now I'm slightly salty that (it appears) it wasn't >_<

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular

-End of book.

On the one hand thank you for posting this summary because it's been a long time since I read the books

On the other hand I can see how all of that could have easily been fit into 10-12 episodes and now I'm slightly salty that (it appears) it wasn't >_<

Don't forget to watch the animated shorts that are released with each episode. If you go through a browser or app, pause the episode l, press x-ray and it's under bonus content.
    These animated shorts have some exposition.
    The now released shorts cover:
    - breaking of the world/ creation of dragonmount
    - saidin/saidar
    - fall of manetheren

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    IMDB has titles and descriptions for episodes 1-7 and they do paint a picture
    6: Tar Valon (my phone even suggests Avalon sheesh)
    7: the Ways!
    8: secret but I think we’re pretty set that it’s events at the Eye

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

-End of book.

Laid out like that makes me realize how much they butchered it for little reason. Alas. Least it's OKish so far, but why writers, whhhhyyyy.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

-End of book.

Laid out like that makes me realize how much they butchered it for little reason. Alas. Least it's OKish so far, but why writers, whhhhyyyy.

It's the changes that aren't necessary but make the story more arbitrary that throw me the most.

Like in the book attack on the Two Rivers the Trollocs specifically attack only a few places. So when Moraine is like "they are after you people specifically, we need to gtfo" it actually makes sense that they would believe her because they really only attacked the farms/houses/etc of a few specific people. In the show they just kinda attack everyone and kill a bunch of people and Moraine's whole "One of y'all is the Dragon Reborn" comes out of nowhere. When I went to the book to remember the specifics it just mystified me why they would change that.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I think it's pretty straightforward why they made most of the changes:
    - most people watching have not read the books, and most won't. The executives demanded some sort of big action scene to hook these people, which you don't get from surgical strikes. If it works, it's probably not even a bad idea if it means the show has enough viewers to do all the books instead of cancelled early
    - the executives don't want to pay for a 10 or 12 episode first season because they don't feel confident they can get an audience of non-readers, so they are treating entre season 1 as a pilot. But 8 episodes does mean things have to be compressed if you're trying to match a season per book.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    But they went straight from shooting season 1 into season 2, it was renewed before it ever aired, so it's not like they didn't want to pay for more episodes.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    But they went straight from shooting season 1 into season 2, it was renewed before it ever aired, so it's not like they didn't want to pay for more episodes.

The first six episodes were finished before the pandemic; otherwise it would've aired last year. Assuming they reported the decision when they made it, the season 2 renewal would've occurred after executives had seen most of the first season.

• Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what art style this this, but it's fantastic.
    u08yrn9kxq8e.jpg

I'm in!

8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Saw episode 4, yeah I’m into all of this, we’re both pretty far off Book at this point but also with the skeleton of motivations and plots falling into place in a way I appreciate.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Was finally able to watch Ep 4 today. Totally loved it.

Over all book spoilers:
    My dad saw it over the weekend and was like "there was nothing from the books there!" which is of course wrong, the events happened just off screen. It's sort of nice that we got to see it this time around. Giving Logain actual characterization early will help later today.

The doll, book spoiler.
    I did a little fist bump when the girl named the doll. I sort of wanted Mat to hold on to the doll, and have it in his hand when he blows the horn and the real Birgitte rides up. I still think that needs to happen somehow. I actually didn't really catch the mention of defending dreams until I read it hear.

When Nyneave actually encounters "the archer" later I wonder if anyone watching the show will actually remember. Has Birgitte been cast yet? They could actually have a different actress play her right now in the Dream, than whoever plays her later and that would make total sense.

The Reds, book spoilers.
    It's sort of nice to see the interaction between Nyaneave and Liandrin, but it makes me wonder if Liandrin is still going to whisk them off to Falme (or where ever the Seanchan are going to be). That taking them out of the tower was a little off in the book, IMO, so I wonder how they'll do it now.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Halfway through episode 4, it’s finally letting the world breathe a bit which is doing a lot of good

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    There's a trailer for Episode 5 (spoilers for Episodes up to and including 5 :P )

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    There's a trailer for Episode 5 (spoilers for Episodes up to and including 5 :P )
    Them actually making it to Tar Valon is a huge change. I was just thinking earlier today that we are half way through the season and the Eye of the World has not even been mentioned so I really have no idea what the plot even is anymore.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Them actually making it to Tar Valon is a huge change. I was just thinking earlier today that we are half way through the season and the Eye of the World has not even been mentioned so I really have no idea what the plot even is anymore.

Future episodes/Book stuff
    The Eye never even really comes up as a thing to do until Caemlyn anyway, which I imagine will now occur in Tar Valon.

I'm trying to remember if Egwene and Nynaeve were in the poster shots of them in front of the Waygate. It would make a lot of sense to leave them in Tar Valon and get a head start on their Book 2 stuff by just having them they stay there instead of leaving and coming back.

You could also heal Mat from the dagger at the same time. Though you lose Mat's awesome parts from Book 3 this way.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Book spoilers/upcoming episodes:
    The Eye doesn't become important to the plot until Chapter 43 out of 53, after Loial mentions it. Most of book 1 is a travelogue focused on moment-to-moment survival and the Superyouths learning about the world.

Considering Episode 7 is titled "The Dark Along the Ways," presumably the Eye will come up in Episode 5 or 6.

It looks like the show continues to do extremely well. That tracks with Amazon's statement last week that the premiere exceeded high expectations. Hopefully Judkins is able to parlay this into more episodes and an increased budget in future seasons.

The season's Rotten Tomatoes rating is now at 85% and Certified Fresh. It seems like critics who reviewed it after the premiere liked it a lot more than those who got advance copies. Given the show's production history, I wonder if early critics saw a different cut than what was released.

Mancingtom on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Lorek wrote: »

The Eye never even really comes up as a thing to do until Caemlyn anyway, which I imagine will now occur in Tar Valon.

I'm trying to remember if Egwene and Nynaeve were in the poster shots of them in front of the Waygate. It would make a lot of sense to leave them in Tar Valon and get a head start on their Book 2 stuff by just having them they stay there instead of leaving and coming back.

You could also heal Mat from the dagger at the same time. Though you lose Mat's awesome parts from Book 3 this way.

Book spoilers:
    The eye of the world gets mentioned much earlier then that. At least as early as Perrin/Egwene chatting with the Tinkers. It might come up in dreams earlier then that as well.

Also Mat's entire arc from Book 3 doesn't make sense with his the new character they've made for him so I have no clue wtf they will do there.

shryke on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Book spoilers:
    The eye of the world gets mentioned much earlier then that. At least as early as Perrin/Egwene chatting with the Tinkers. It might come up in dreams earlier then that as well.

Also Mat's entire arc from Book 3 doesn't make sense with his the new character they've made for him so I have no clue wtf they will do there.

And the important thing about that is that by introducing it earlier it is slightly less completely out of nowhere later on.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Book spoilers:

And the important thing about that is that by introducing it earlier it is slightly less completely out of nowhere later on.

Ever so slightly, and not enough to actually be important. I just finished a re-read of book 1 and even knowing how everything turns out it doesn't feel important at all until everyone is back together again and revelatory catching up discussions happen. What happens from that point on still feels like it comes largely from out of nowhere.

• Options

Book spoilers:

Book 1 spoilers/Episode 5 speculation:
    Ba'alzamon (really Ishamael getting a little too into cosplay) mentions the Eye in Rand's dream twice, in Chapters 14 and 24. Rand asks Thom about it in Chapter 15 while they're in Baerlon, who states that it's a legend in the Borderlands.

It's mentioned for the last time before Loial while Egwene and Perrin are staying with the Tinkers in Chapter 25, when Raen tells the story of a dying Aiel maiden from two years before. If the show seeds the Eye before we get to Loial, this is where they'll do it—presumably in Episode 5.

Book spoilers:

Book 3 spoilers
    I don't really see how it won't make sense. His character arc in Dragon Reborn is him whining that he isn't a hero and wants nothing to do with Rand et. al. while being a hero and getting further involved with Rand et. al.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »

Book spoilers:

Ever so slightly, and not enough to actually be important. I just finished a re-read of book 1 and even knowing how everything turns out it doesn't feel important at all until everyone is back together again and revelatory catching up discussions happen. What happens from that point on still feels like it comes largely from out of nowhere.

Name dropping it as important a few times really helps imo. Nobody actually understands what is going on anyway, so it's not like there's some grand revelation at the point you are talking about anyway. Moraine is just basically like "we gotta do this thing and the pattern will sort shit out somehow".

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Book spoilers:

Name dropping it as important a few times really helps imo. Nobody actually understands what is going on anyway, so it's not like there's some grand revelation at the point you are talking about anyway. Moraine is just basically like "we gotta do this thing and the pattern will sort shit out somehow".
    When they're reunited and all talking together with Loial for the first time and the various references to the Eye of the World all come out, it is absolutely treated as a grand revelation in terms of Moiraine's reaction. It completely changes all of their plans (that had been well established over hundreds of pages at that point) and puts everyone on a brand new path that hadn't even been hinted at for them prior.

• Options
    Mancingtom wrote: »

Book spoilers:

Book 3 spoilers
    I don't really see how it won't make sense. His character arc in Dragon Reborn is him whining that he isn't a hero and wants nothing to do with Rand et. al. while being a hero and getting further involved with Rand et. al.

Book 3:
    In the show, why doesn't he go back home?

• Options

Book spoilers:

When they're reunited and all talking together with Loial for the first time and the various references to the Eye of the World all come out, it is absolutely treated as a grand revelation in terms of Moiraine's reaction. It completely changes all of their plans (that had been well established over hundreds of pages at that point) and puts everyone on a brand new path that hadn't even been hinted at for them prior.
    It changes the direction of the plot but it doesn't reveal anything because we still know nothing about it. There's no explanation of what the eye of the world is till they actually get there. The only thing that's revealed is that everyone has now somehow heard something about it. It just brings all the hints we've had before that together to shift the direction of the plot. Which is why the eye of the world is name-dropped before that. So that there can be that moment where all these things come together. If you don't set that up then the whole shift comes out of nowhere.

• Options
    The Eye doesn't become important to the plot until Chapter 43 out of 53, after Loial mentions it. Most of book 1 is a travelogue focused on moment-to-moment survival and the Superyouths learning about the world.

Considering Episode 7 is titled "The Dark Along the Ways," presumably the Eye will come up in Episode 5 or 6.

It looks like the show continues to do extremely well. That tracks with Amazon's statement last week that the premiere exceeded high expectations. Hopefully Judkins is able to parlay this into more episodes and an increased budget in future seasons.

The season's Rotten Tomatoes rating is now at 85% and Certified Fresh. It seems like critics who reviewed it after the premiere liked it a lot more than those who got advance copies. Given the show's production history, I wonder if early critics saw a different cut than what was released.

It's almost certainly that early critics are simply the big name critics who get the episodes ahead of time and the rest of the reviews are just everyone else.

If you check the score details it goes:
    All Critics: 85%
    Top Critics: 57%

• Options

Book spoilers:

Book 3 spoilers

Book 3:

Book 3/Future Speculation:
    I can think of two reasons immediately.

1) The Shadow is still after Mat because he's the Hornsounder and connected to Rand. Returning home only puts his family in danger—the same reason Rand doesn't return and later pretends the Two Rivers is irrelevant to him.

2) In the books, the Dagger destroyed large swaths of Mat's childhood memories. The show could interpret this as losing his emotional connection to his sisters. A lack of familial regard is already implied in the series—Book!Mat doesn't seem to care at all about his family after the Dagger. As far as I can remember, he never interacts with or shows interest in any of them , even when Abell journeys with Perrin's army or Bode joins the rebel Aes Sedai

It's almost certainly that early critics are simply the big name critics who get the episodes ahead of time and the rest of the reviews are just everyone else.

If you check the score details it goes:
    All Critics: 85%
    Top Critics: 57%

Oh, okay, that makes sense.

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Very nice of the showrunner to just let Josha Stradowski keep the hair he showed up to set with the first day

I had to laugh when I read this, because while I was watching the scenes with the tinkers, I was just thinking that they really nailed the hairstyles. These are people who live out in the middle of nowhere, probably cut their hair with a knife, and certainly shouldn’t just look like they’ve come out of the salon and slightly mussed their hair (and maybe used a little less product than normal). The Aes Sedai have good hair, because of course they do, and N does, but I faintly recall her braid being a constant part of her character description (though I am foggy on that, because the last book hadn’t been written back when I read the series).

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options

I had to laugh when I read this, because while I was watching the scenes with the tinkers, I was just thinking that they really nailed the hairstyles. These are people who live out in the middle of nowhere, probably cut their hair with a knife, and certainly shouldn’t just look like they’ve come out of the salon and slightly mussed their hair (and maybe used a little less product than normal). The Aes Sedai have good hair, because of course they do, and N does, but I faintly recall her braid being a constant part of her character description (though I am foggy on that, because the last book hadn’t been written back when I read the series).

All the women from the Two Rivers wear the braids. It's a sign of being old enough to be considered a woman.

Book spoiler:
    Egwene doesn't because she unravels hers right after she learns she can channel.

Also I hate the dreadlocks on Aram.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Speaking of his hair, right after they wrapped shooting, he shaved his head bald, and then when he and Barney and Marcus went out drinking that night, they told him they still had some scenes to reshoot and he was on the phone with his manager in a panic about getting a wig before they told him they were joking

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular

All the women from the Two Rivers wear the braids. It's a sign of being old enough to be considered a woman.

Book spoiler:
    Egwene doesn't because she unravels hers right after she learns she can channel.

Also I hate the dreadlocks on Aram.

I did remember why they had the braid. I just recall N’s braid specifically coming up repeatedly. I didn’t mind Aram’s dreads. They didn’t look good, but that’s kind of the point. They are, basically, medieval nomads. All of them had unwashed, travel-worn hair (his grandparents were the ones that first made me think about it)

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

Book spoilers:

Book 3 spoilers

Book 3:
    Same reason Perrin doesn't would fit pretty well. Because ta'veren pulling. All you do is add him to the Perrin/Moraine travels to Tear; he can have a C-plot of gambling and winning everytime they stop somewhere. And he's right there for the ending like he's supposed to be.

All you really lose is the foreshadowing that Gabriel is a bad guy; I'm not sure if you know his real identity at that point.

• Options

Book spoilers:

Book 3 spoilers

Book 3:
    Same reason Perrin doesn't would fit pretty well. Because ta'veren pulling. All you do is add him to the Perrin/Moraine travels to Tear; he can have a C-plot of gambling and winning everytime they stop somewhere. And he's right there for the ending like he's supposed to be.

All you really lose is the foreshadowing that Gabriel is a bad guy; I'm not sure if you know his real identity at that point.
    It's not known but can be surmised, at least later on once they've been to Illian and Tear and you remember how he was being addressed by Comar.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just once, I want Nynaeve to start a fight by saying "it's channelin' time."

• Options
    That's my secret; I'm always angry.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That's my secret; I'm always angry.

That is an amazing reference I hadn't even thought of. I was riffing on Zoe Robbins having once been a Power Ranger.
    vvem94c7je9d.jpg