As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T 2021 Secret Santa! Until next jolly mission…

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

Some packages have arrived and are in good hands! They will be opened once I get back to town. I’m so excited!

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    A Package arrived! But I haven't had a chance to open it yet due to a family trip! Will open soon!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    My first package was delivered on Wednesdayish so, if you haven't gotten a thing yet or checked your mail recently, you should do that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    urp771zih9xj.gif

Kitties explore a mysterious package. Ignore the treats, cat's were being too cuddly and needed something to lock their attention for the mere seconds needed for a photo.
    gwlkOfz.jpg

Manson is all up in that box's business.
    YBAhGNk.jpg

Two wrapped presents! You should be able to read the tags in this image, Rory is curious about their contents.
    p4VY9eJ.jpg

First present, Princess Mononoke art book! My favorite Ghibli movie!
    rkzUl5O.jpg

Second present, Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge, I mean The Last of Us 2! I hadn't gotten around to picking it up yet, but I've played the original multiple times. It was always on my radar, but I'd held off on picking it up in case some kind of PS5 remaster was announced with some minor spit and polish. Now I have no excuse not to play it. Random coincidence I actually bumped into Neil Druckmann just recently.
    tg5r1EL.jpg

Final gift came through Steam. Winds of Change, heh farts. As the gift message says, I guess werewolf boyfriend is on the menu.
    6UdGeLD.jpg

Thank you Santa @cj iwakura for a wonderful bounty of gifts!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    urp771zih9xj.gif

Kitties explore a mysterious package. Ignore the treats, cat's were being too cuddly and needed something to lock their attention for the mere seconds needed for a photo.
    gwlkOfz.jpg

YBAhGNk.jpg

Two wrapped presents! You should be able to read the tags in this image, Rory is curious about their contents.
    p4VY9eJ.jpg

rkzUl5O.jpg

Second present, Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge, I mean The Last of Us 2! I hadn't gotten around to picking it up yet, but I've played the original multiple times. It was always on my radar, but I'd held off on picking it up in case some kind of PS5 remaster was announced with some minor spit and polish. Now I have no excuse not to play it. Random coincidence I actually bumped into Neil Druckmann just recently.
    tg5r1EL.jpg

Final gift came through Steam. Winds of Change, heh farts. As the gift message says, I guess werewolf boyfriend is on the menu.
    6UdGeLD.jpg

For posterity, this was the second time I got Spaniard, hence the message. :P

Have an enjoy!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Soooo....

I had thought the Amazon box was from my mother, so it's been sitting under my tree for a minute. But it wasn't from mom! It was from SATAN!!
    FES3v7Y.jpg

efAqjQk.jpg

Grado SR80x and a POUND of lucky charms marshmallows. This is top tier shit, and I am grateful beyond words. Thank you, Satan!

Agentflit on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Amazon takes such lovely pictures of front porches for Santa now. :D
    (actually it's a blurry mess)

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    urp771zih9xj.gif

I have received an extra gift

czdlaxcyytc1.jpg

Thank you @ZeroCow, UPS is truly horrible with import fees.

As a Canadian, I'm both offended and amazed at the Canada flag maple leaf tin.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    @Cameron_Talley

Real life has been busy busy in a good way but Amazon packages showing up are always a priority. Yesterday I was out most of the day and stopped home just for a bit and saw several items waiting by my door. I honestly had no idea what they were at first because I finished up all my Christmas shopping earlier and was drawing a blank. I brought all the packages in and then remembered about the Secret Santa. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

ss175j9vywqf.gif

First comes the obligatory dog pic. Gypsy was ready to sniff/lick anything and everything just in case.

sl8zhz4nprup.gif

As my wish post stated, one of the games I've been playing since day one has been Hearthstone. The art is so very underappreciated but this calls out all the artists and all the amazing art and the concept behind the art.
    5jxvgt02ek49.gif

g7jx58nfpig1.gif

Lego is Lego. I will never say no to Lego. It's always fun to put together. Always.
    y4pju97x57wf.gif

62rcbr9hqet7.gif

Fitting that today I'm wearing my Mandalorian shirt and typing all this out. I'm a huge Boba Fett fan. I even did the midnight release of the Boba Fett gear from Columbia and got the hat and the shirt. Getting this made my day as I haven't gone down the Funko Pop route yet. This figure is just great with the attention to detail and being from the Mandalorian series. Just wow.
    52heo2t8y002.gif

r6kggebhrppk.gif

Finally, NF is a rapper who has taken a special place in my music rotation in the past 1.75 years. I've had to go through some rough times and I rediscovered my love for NF. I do quote his lyrics to people if the situation fits and this fits. It's early early NF but the lyric comes from All I Have. I have it up on my wall already and it's not coming down. I'll just toss it out there for anyone who enjoys music and deep music at that.

2x7wmemkcyw2.gif

obgbloyq4drv.gif

I feel like a broken record but every year this is such a bright spot for me. It boggles my mind that strangers out there in the internet would put time and money in doing this. Thank you @Cameron_Talley for all of this. I can't say enough about you doing this and looking for things and sending them out. Thank you and Thank you again. I pray that each and everyone who participates in this has an awesome holiday season.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    @lwt1973 Yay I'm glad those things arrived! I think you have one more present coming that I don't see in the gift get post, so look out for that one! Merry Christmas!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Hey thanks @lwt1973 for turning me on to NF. I just listened to that song you linked as well as a few others. Good stuff.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    I've heard a few of his songs and liked most. Pretty neat artist.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    urp771zih9xj.gif

gwlkOfz.jpg

YBAhGNk.jpg

p4VY9eJ.jpg

rkzUl5O.jpg

tg5r1EL.jpg

6UdGeLD.jpg

Have an enjoy!

The Werewolf The Apocalypse book a few years back right?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ohhhhh yeaahhh, I've been gifted. Pics incoming!

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    @lwt1973 Yay I'm glad those things arrived! I think you have one more present coming that I don't see in the gift get post, so look out for that one! Merry Christmas!

Amazon dropped off ANOTHER package. I thought it had to do with Christmas for the kids but nope. It's another thing that I had to run out and get a frame for because of course I did. My lame photo skills do not do this thing justice. Even my daughter said it looks great and she's not a Star Wars fan. @Cameron_Talley even more good Christmas wishes towards you. This is now hung up in a great frame . Just wow. Thank you.
    d9nbjwjdclpz.gif

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    urp771zih9xj.gif

gwlkOfz.jpg

YBAhGNk.jpg

p4VY9eJ.jpg

rkzUl5O.jpg

tg5r1EL.jpg

6UdGeLD.jpg

Have an enjoy!

The Werewolf The Apocalypse book a few years back right?

Yep. Hope it got some use. :)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Damn it nonsense at work prevented me from shipping today. I am 100% going to send along a tracking number since this will likely miss some of the holidays

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've been gifted! But I'll have to make post tonight, sorry!

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    t1qdash84h68.gif
    I'm home! The last package in this arrived as I was headed to LA for a mini-vacation, and while I thought I had what I needed to post while travelling, my phone skills failed me and I wasn't able to get pictures small enough to post. But, something like this happens every year so to all santas out there, thank you for your patience, this whole shebang means a lot to me.

Item number one was a mystery. The box mentioned a kickstarter, and there was no indication that cheer was attached. Did I kickstart this and forget? Was it the start of some santanic plot? I did not know. It did not contain treats, so Moira was no help.
    htb7ifx54rbs.jpg

The plot was revealed by the second item to arrive. I had never heard of the book, so how could I have ordered it? I can only judge it by its cover, and it is lovely.
    rdpp3f2y6ma0.jpg

I would have posted the Gift Get then and there, however I received an email indicating that another package was arriving, and required a signature. I would wait and see! And wait longer, as it was delivered to my neighbor. They're awesome and I had no fear that they would hand over the package, but as they drive for Uber/Lyft, they are hard to sync up with. It took a few.

But once it was in my hands it was time for... cat pictures!
    Ninja performed the ceremonial examining of the unopened box.
    l9xbjayp2sv4.jpg

Mochi was thrilled by the contents - an elaborate cat nest for him to chew up!
    zy75jfcnvkdy.jpg

Inside the box was an item I can only describe as AMAZING. I mentioned that most of my reading these days is in the form of graphic novels, as I catch up with the years of comic history I missed. Well, this is the most beautiful collection I have ever seen, a curated selection of Spider-Man stories, and a reprint of Amazing Spider-Man #1. Once it was revealed, the cats were banished from the table, as it was too precious to allow them to defile.
    anjgdlu1cznu.jpg

Thank you, santa! I don't know how I will ever trust myself to read the Spider-Man book, but I will find a way! My wife and I are debating what to grow in the planter - useful or pretty? It would be nice to have fresh mint by the bar, but that might be a little much for the thing. Maybe some daisies?

Happy Holidays to all!

• Options
    Hey guys,

urp771zih9xj.gif

Right before we left to go visit family a package arrived on my doorstep! I finally had time to get it unboxed last night!

I forgot to get a pic of the box, but here's the contents!
    51758386972_45c758b2eb_c.jpg

51760073545_a52f2c633b_c.jpg

There was a gift for me, for my wife, and our five year old. He tore open his first.

A wild Pikachu appears! I had to bargain with my son to put this down so I could get a picture. He loves Pikachu and he's been carrying this thing everywhere. Thanks so much!
    51760080030_244c064625_c.jpg

My wife opened her presents next and found these awesome coins from Animal Crossing and Hades, her two most played games this year. I don't know what they're made of, but they are SOLID and heavy. Really cool!
    51761773036_2d41101345_c.jpg

51760940027_c495a70bf2_c.jpg

Finally, I opened mine. I saw a reference to a power supply and I was confused, but then I opened up the box and saw it's a Floppy EMU! I've been wanting one of these for a while to use on my Mac SE and Apple //c. Basically it's a box that you attach to the serial port and it emulates a floppy drive. So you use the screen to select a disc image that's on a micro SD card, then your Mac or Apple //c loads it just as if you had inserted a real floppy disk. Very useful for vintage computer stuff! Makes it so much easier to get programs onto these old machines. I set mine up for use on the Mac. I have no idea how my Santa knew I wanted one of these because I don't remember posting about it here!
    51761776601_1b26765c8f_c.jpg

51762426349_c815fa146c_c.jpg
    (made in Kid Pix which I loaded off the Floppy EMU).

So who was my Santa? Well luckily there was a card!

51760076495_47609f8099_c.jpg

51759868944_cb7f8c06b7_c.jpg

Many, Many thanks to @Lasbrook for your generous gifts! You knocked it out of the park! Merry Christmas!

• Options
    Damn it nonsense at work prevented me from shipping today. I am 100% going to send along a tracking number since this will likely miss some of the holidays

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new rules allow until February?
    (Probably for the best, as I haven't heard anything)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Finally, I opened mine. I saw a reference to a power supply and I was confused, but then I opened up the box and saw it's a Floppy EMU! I've been wanting one of these for a while to use on my Mac SE and Apple //c. Basically it's a box that you attach to the serial port and it emulates a floppy drive. So you use the screen to select a disc image that's on a micro SD card, then your Mac or Apple //c loads it just as if you had inserted a real floppy disk. Very useful for vintage computer stuff! Makes it so much easier to get programs onto these old machines. I set mine up for use on the Mac. I have no idea how my Santa knew I wanted one of these because I don't remember posting about it here!
    51761776601_1b26765c8f_c.jpg

51762426349_c815fa146c_c.jpg
    (made in Kid Pix which I loaded off the Floppy EMU).

I didn't know that Floppy Emu was a thing! That's really awesome and such a nice modern way of making old tech more usable!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options

I know it’s not exactly Christmas deadline but it feels more fun to me when I’m able to get everything there “in time”

This year just running into a lot of complications with work- but I suppose the good news is this year I actually AM working, and also I got the package out today! So there’s still a chance! And either way, before the end of the month for sure

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Yeah, they extended the date to February for delivery due to, well, everything. So you're not going to get banned until then for a late delivery.
    I would think that if you're anticipating your gift being that far delayed it would be considerate to let your Santee know that you're shipping from the other side of the planet or whatever so they know they haven't been forgotten.

But, this isn't my circus, so they're not my monkeys to wrangle.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    5kb4eoibd4hv.gif

First off, thanks @Elvenshae for the Amazing gift box!

First the box itself:
    7tkjcehivzqr.jpg

Second a 3d printed gingerbread house ornament:
    ag959nl8175q.jpg

Next was Deez Nuts
    afw8xwwttpak.jpg

Third was a very nice looking board game, selected because it's two players and we're likely to be empty nesters next year:
    plwfvb9h42kr.jpg

Next was an awesome stained glass graduation Pikachu for my son! The package said Lilo Jr which we are threatening to call him around the house now.
    v662hwd5s4bk.jpg

Next was an awesome Lego set. I don't have this one but I do have a few Star Wars sets so it will fit perfectly on my shelves!
    chqstbfttcv6.jpg

Finally was one of the greatest things I've seen. It's a large stained glass crest of sorts containing Donatello's bowstaff, He-man's Power Sword, The Sword of Omens from Thundercats and Luke's Lightsaber. It is absolutely spectacular and I can't wait to find a place to display it!
    dtf1yh622b81.jpg

Thank you so much for the super thoughtful gifts! We were all blown away, despite how many nuts jokes my wife and son have had to tolerate already.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    There’s two more shows in there. :D

I’m really glad you liked your gifts! Merry Christmas!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Ok, are the colors the Voltron pilots?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Omg that stained glass....

I got all teary eyed.

• Options

They are!

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

They are!

Is the last one connected to the ring around the design?

• Options
    Yep!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Y2JSF.gif

We got stuff from a mysterious hermit. First, a book!
    XrOliej.jpg
    Very nice. I DM like 99.9% of the time (help me), but I frequently have newbies that could use an easily-accessed resource!

Now on to the main event! We get...a headphone stand!
    auu7q7b964px.png
    Oooo, look at that fancy wood.

This great, as I needed one for my new Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones:
    k3sb23o7srib.png
    They got the active noise canceling, the transparency mode, head detection, wireless, etc. etc.

8my0rhpizhuz.png

But wait, what is this?
    a5w2ez2h64nq.png
    Whatever this is, they are definitely subscribing to the Keep It Simple school of package design.

Apparently these guys made it
    f0yjfja1i2ur.png
    Including right in the box. Whatever it is, it's made in New York by this family.

Huh, they're...also headphones.
    an4ogib2hqw4.png
    "Oh no!" I hear you say, "your Santa has wasted money on headphones you clearly don't need!"

Fear not, reader, for not all headphones are on a linear scale. These are open-back headphones, meaning they allow sound in to give you a fuller aural experience versus closed headphones. On top of that, these are corded headphones, which permits for lossless formats that would be too large to transmit quickly via the bluetooth on my XM4s. This allows for a significantly better listening experience! And as I do not have ANY open-backs, this provides me with an awesome set of lovely-sounding head cans! And I have never even USED open-backs like, EVER, so sliding these on and listening to those fancy-pants lossless formats on Apple Music has been a real treat. I’m actually looking for an alternate set of pads for those extended listening session.

Now you may think that I'm the one who wasted money if those expensive Sony cans produce a lesser sound than these Grados. Again, this isn't a linear scale of good to bad, and everything has pros and cons. Open-Back headphones do not conceal the sound at all, meaning that wearing them in a public area is likely going to make you extremely unpopular with the people around you. They also have the large, unwieldy cable to deal with, whereas the XM4s provide music at the touch of a button without tethering you to anything, I cannot state how convenient it is to be able to put on a movie and have the ability to just get up and grab a drink or snack without having to pause and take off my headphones first. There's also the active noise canceling, which means you can block out a noisy fan or (in my case) jet noise from a nearby airport. With the Grados the cost of open sound is dealing with ambient noise. And a more minor detail, but these Grados also do not come with a microphone, so they cannot be used to take calls.

So yeah, different headphones for different needs! This was a really cool gift.

I even have a mix amp to use with it.
    gsixj2zcnylq.png
    Okay, maybe not a particularly fancy one, but it'll do for now.

And here is the whole spread.
    q6urookkdwtq.png
    I got another stand, and I think the black fits the Grados better.

And that hermit was… @Naphtali presumably living in isolation to achieve the perfect listening acoustics. I learned a lot about nerdy stuff like “mids” and “ALAC” when researching these headphones. Hopefully the in-depth post makes up for being like…a month late.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Bonus points for using Mr. Dink.

• Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    Bonus points for using Mr. Dink.

We all know your purple ass avatar is just Mr. Dink in disguise.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

They are!

Is the last one connected to the ring around the design?

That one has me stumped.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    My best guess is loose but is it the matrix of leadership? Really just going on the notched circle and it maybe being red/blue for Optimus prime. Though that could be orange I’m not sure

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I was thinking either that, or something from a proton pack for ghostbusters

• Options
    My best guess is loose but is it the matrix of leadership? Really just going on the notched circle and it maybe being red/blue for Optimus prime. Though that could be orange I’m not sure

I think that's it! Thank you!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Got another gift and a Satan reveal:
    ehr9iok0yzzg.png

Thanks @Noggin for all the gifts :) Skye will appreciate the new bone on Christmas day.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    You’re welcome! I hope you enjoyed the songs; I hadn’t heard of August Burns Red before and looking them up reminded me of Norma Jean which set me off down that whole idea. The others are all Swedish bands that I discovered through a college friend.

Battletag: Noggin#1936