As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Maybe the real [Heroes of the Storm] were the friends we made along the way

1394042444553

Posts

  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Chogall is prob one of the most toxic designs in aram.

    Ranged aoe with no mana and low cds. Can just perma siege from a safe distance all game.

    Also has specific counter picks needed and macro weakness doesn't exist.


    Ed: oh god and cho's pull ult would just be stupid since there's only one lane.

    Gall's pew pew ult could also just burn down buildings from a safe distance.

    MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Here's a Tracer question: if you have Get Stuffed and Heavy Handed and you melee someone with a bomb on them so that it explodes instantly, does the bomb get the bonus damage from the armor reduction?

    Also, I did some testing on a traditional Locked & Loaded build vs Sleight of Hand & Chrono Triggers.

    I'm not sure how well I pulled off the combos against the practice dummy, but the L&L dps averaged 570 while Sleight barely broke 500.

    MrBody on
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    Why would you do Chrono Triggers with Sleight of Hand. That's some big counter-synergy. I think Chrono Triggers should only play with Locked & Loaded. You're getting nothing out of your level 7 DPS increase with that 20. It will technically increase your DPS, but not to the extent it would with Locked and Loaded. You're better off with the burst of Get Stufft at that point.

  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I read it in the only guide that suggested something other than Get Stuffed at lvl 20 and figured I'd at least test it.

    I think the writer seemed to have the impression that the lowest possible time spent reloading = the most dps???

  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    I mean, it technically increases your AA uptime. I'd have to crunch numbers more accurately, but I don't know the time of her reload and AAs. Napkin math says I'd rather have an extra second of 40% better AAs than regular ones.

  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Saeris wrote: »
    Un-ban Hammer, cowards.

    Ban Zul'jin and Mephisto instead, cowards.

    Ban everyone except Raynor!

    Seriously this is why I feel like they never should've banned stuff in ARAM to begin with. There's always going to be a hero tier, and unless they are going to actively start balancing the game mode (LUL) they might as well keep everything in.

    milk ducks
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Absolutely. I was just desperate to see if there were ANY viable alternative Tracer builds (dang, at one time I was even trying a suicide E build).

    Reading the guide more closely, the dude has a lot of shakey math, claiming that Locked & Loaded isn't actually +40% because...uhhh....
    Locked and Loaded this just takes too much concentration away from everything else I am trying to do. To use it effectively, you basically need to be reloading every 2 seconds or so; when I am in the thick of a fight and trying to figure out which direction to run/blink/recall, timing my recall, checking my range, figuring out which hero to focus, checking positioning, etc. last thing I want to do is spend that valuable mental energy every 2 seconds remembering to reload. Even if you can use it effectively, a magazine does 460 over 3.3125 seconds, you are going to cancel it at the 2 second mark, meaning you only do 368 damage over 2.8125 seconds; but you get the 40% boost, so you get 515.2 damage over 2.8125 seconds instead. With slower reload times (no benefit from Sleight of Hands), this is a base DPS bump from 138 DPS to 183 DPS, or a bump of 45 DPS (32%). Considering the mental energy that’s needed, when Sleight of hand needs nothing, and is a straight 20% boost? I just do not think the extra 12% bump in DPS is worth it.

    He also states that Leeching Rounds should always be taken over Pulse Generator because
    Pulse Generator requires sticking a pulse bomb on a hero, so its only helpful in 1v1’s or team fights

    Just...wow

    MMMigfortyWhelk
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Hammer was super degenerate in ARAM before the BFG nerf, but I don't really know why they banned her after that change.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    forty wrote: »
    Hammer was super degenerate in ARAM before the BFG nerf, but I don't really know why they banned her after that change.

    Because she sieges from an entirely safe location and fires unassailable shots at the only lane in the match

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
    A Dabble Of TheloniusApogee
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Locked and Loaded this just takes too much concentration away from everything else I am trying to do. To use it effectively, you basically need to be reloading every 2 seconds or so; when I am in the thick of a fight and trying to figure out which direction to run/blink/recall, timing my recall, checking my range, figuring out which hero to focus, checking positioning, etc. last thing I want to do is spend that valuable mental energy every 2 seconds remembering to reload. Even if you can use it effectively, a magazine does 460 over 3.3125 seconds, you are going to cancel it at the 2 second mark, meaning you only do 368 damage over 2.8125 seconds; but you get the 40% boost, so you get 515.2 damage over 2.8125 seconds instead. With slower reload times (no benefit from Sleight of Hands), this is a base DPS bump from 138 DPS to 183 DPS, or a bump of 45 DPS (32%). Considering the mental energy that’s needed, when Sleight of hand needs nothing, and is a straight 20% boost? I just do not think the extra 12% bump in DPS is worth it.
    I think I understand what he's saying here, and it means the guy doesn't understand how Locked and Loaded actually works. Oof.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
    Whelk
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    But even THAT guy
    forty wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    Locked and Loaded this just takes too much concentration away from everything else I am trying to do. To use it effectively, you basically need to be reloading every 2 seconds or so; when I am in the thick of a fight and trying to figure out which direction to run/blink/recall, timing my recall, checking my range, figuring out which hero to focus, checking positioning, etc. last thing I want to do is spend that valuable mental energy every 2 seconds remembering to reload. Even if you can use it effectively, a magazine does 460 over 3.3125 seconds, you are going to cancel it at the 2 second mark, meaning you only do 368 damage over 2.8125 seconds; but you get the 40% boost, so you get 515.2 damage over 2.8125 seconds instead. With slower reload times (no benefit from Sleight of Hands), this is a base DPS bump from 138 DPS to 183 DPS, or a bump of 45 DPS (32%). Considering the mental energy that’s needed, when Sleight of hand needs nothing, and is a straight 20% boost? I just do not think the extra 12% bump in DPS is worth it.
    I think I understand what he's saying here, and it means the guy doesn't understand how Locked and Loaded actually works. Oof.

    That weirdly incorrect breakdown of Locked & Loaded almost distracted me so I didn't notice that a guide claimed that a talent wasn't very helpful because it's only useful when fighting enemy heroes.

    MMMigfortyWhelk
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Hammer was super degenerate in ARAM before the BFG nerf, but I don't really know why they banned her after that change.

    Because she sieges from an entirely safe location and fires unassailable shots at the only lane in the match

    Hanmer also requires specific counters, which you very likely won't get.

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    But even THAT guy
    forty wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    Locked and Loaded this just takes too much concentration away from everything else I am trying to do. To use it effectively, you basically need to be reloading every 2 seconds or so; when I am in the thick of a fight and trying to figure out which direction to run/blink/recall, timing my recall, checking my range, figuring out which hero to focus, checking positioning, etc. last thing I want to do is spend that valuable mental energy every 2 seconds remembering to reload. Even if you can use it effectively, a magazine does 460 over 3.3125 seconds, you are going to cancel it at the 2 second mark, meaning you only do 368 damage over 2.8125 seconds; but you get the 40% boost, so you get 515.2 damage over 2.8125 seconds instead. With slower reload times (no benefit from Sleight of Hands), this is a base DPS bump from 138 DPS to 183 DPS, or a bump of 45 DPS (32%). Considering the mental energy that’s needed, when Sleight of hand needs nothing, and is a straight 20% boost? I just do not think the extra 12% bump in DPS is worth it.
    I think I understand what he's saying here, and it means the guy doesn't understand how Locked and Loaded actually works. Oof.

    That weirdly incorrect breakdown of Locked & Loaded almost distracted me so I didn't notice that a guide claimed that a talent wasn't very helpful because it's only useful when fighting enemy heroes.

    Def made me take a second look.

    "Take this other talent for your main role of offlane soaking and solo mercing... as tracer..."


    Did Kime write that article?

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
    kimeWhelk
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    "Take this other talent for your main role of offlane soaking and solo mercing... as tracer..."

    But it's good for players who can't land pulse bombs yet still pick Tracer!


    Here's that full article for all the nuttiness.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/nhve64/tracer_build/

    If you scroll down the comments, there's a grandmaster offering his take on Tracer builds.

  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Oh goodness, I keep discovering more gems!
    Heavy Handed this is an increase in DPS only by 15%....but for the entire team, against a single target; if your team is good at locking onto heroes, and you can get 3-4 members of the team to focus them, it could be as high as a 45-60% DPS boost, spike, against a single hero.

    Ricochet this adds a straight 60% DPS boost to your basic attacks, which, under most circumstances/talent builds account for between 54% to 69% of your overall DPS; this means this is a 32-41% straight boost to your DPS, all the time, every time; and is my go to talent for the tier. It also makes clearing waves and camps much quicker if/when needed.

    It's like, he technically knows what numbers are and how to multiply them, but hasn't a clue about what they mean.

    forty
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    But even THAT guy
    forty wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    Locked and Loaded this just takes too much concentration away from everything else I am trying to do. To use it effectively, you basically need to be reloading every 2 seconds or so; when I am in the thick of a fight and trying to figure out which direction to run/blink/recall, timing my recall, checking my range, figuring out which hero to focus, checking positioning, etc. last thing I want to do is spend that valuable mental energy every 2 seconds remembering to reload. Even if you can use it effectively, a magazine does 460 over 3.3125 seconds, you are going to cancel it at the 2 second mark, meaning you only do 368 damage over 2.8125 seconds; but you get the 40% boost, so you get 515.2 damage over 2.8125 seconds instead. With slower reload times (no benefit from Sleight of Hands), this is a base DPS bump from 138 DPS to 183 DPS, or a bump of 45 DPS (32%). Considering the mental energy that’s needed, when Sleight of hand needs nothing, and is a straight 20% boost? I just do not think the extra 12% bump in DPS is worth it.
    I think I understand what he's saying here, and it means the guy doesn't understand how Locked and Loaded actually works. Oof.

    That weirdly incorrect breakdown of Locked & Loaded almost distracted me so I didn't notice that a guide claimed that a talent wasn't very helpful because it's only useful when fighting enemy heroes.

    Def made me take a second look.

    "Take this other talent for your main role of offlane soaking and solo mercing... as tracer..."


    Did Kime write that article?

    Soaking is the most important thing you can do!

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Whelk
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    What, and Li Ming isn't orb sieging you with near impunity anyways? (wrt Hammer)

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    milk ducksWhelkSmrtnik
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Oh goodness, I keep discovering more gems!
    Heavy Handed this is an increase in DPS only by 15%....but for the entire team, against a single target; if your team is good at locking onto heroes, and you can get 3-4 members of the team to focus them, it could be as high as a 45-60% DPS boost, spike, against a single hero.

    Ricochet this adds a straight 60% DPS boost to your basic attacks, which, under most circumstances/talent builds account for between 54% to 69% of your overall DPS; this means this is a 32-41% straight boost to your DPS, all the time, every time; and is my go to talent for the tier. It also makes clearing waves and camps much quicker if/when needed.

    It's like, he technically knows what numbers are and how to multiply them, but hasn't a clue about what they mean.

    A 60% increase with a second target that, which you cannot pick. Also does not account for the value of burst on a hero whose role is essentially a fiddlier Genji. Harass/securing kills. I'm fucking baffled.

  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Whelk wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    Oh goodness, I keep discovering more gems!
    Heavy Handed this is an increase in DPS only by 15%....but for the entire team, against a single target; if your team is good at locking onto heroes, and you can get 3-4 members of the team to focus them, it could be as high as a 45-60% DPS boost, spike, against a single hero.

    Ricochet this adds a straight 60% DPS boost to your basic attacks, which, under most circumstances/talent builds account for between 54% to 69% of your overall DPS; this means this is a 32-41% straight boost to your DPS, all the time, every time; and is my go to talent for the tier. It also makes clearing waves and camps much quicker if/when needed.

    It's like, he technically knows what numbers are and how to multiply them, but hasn't a clue about what they mean.

    A 60% increase with a second target that, which you cannot pick. Also does not account for the value of burst on a hero whose role is essentially a fiddlier Genji. Harass/securing kills. I'm fucking baffled.

    Nova's explosive rounds increases her dps by 450%!

    MrBody on
    Whelk
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    It's me. I'm the Nova that takes explosive rounds.

    I'm sorry. It's just fun.

    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    MMMigWhelkThe Escape GoatApogee
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Oh yeah in ARAM it's 100% AOE snipe.


    Too much fun, soz.

    And frankly since there's no hearthing for mana the healer just can't keep up.

    It's great for sieging walls, wave clear, it even removes stubborn stains!

    MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
    WhelkThe Escape Goat
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    wait... I just realized

    Qhira is literally SPIN TO WIN

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Cast E on Butcher for meatspin

  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Cast E on Butcher for meatspin
    I'd better google this to see how this works...

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Naaa, butcher charge makes him unstoppable, canceling spin to win.

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    Cast E on Butcher for meatspin
    I'd better google this to see how this works...

    This was the actual packaging that my monitor came in.

    7ywgotsrrjbu.jpeg

    fortyInquisitor77milk duckstyrantula22
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Yesterday I learned you can cleanse blind.

    Huh...

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I would love for a patch that does absolutely nothing but delete warhead junction from the game.

    "Okay, we've got a new MOBA that's been standing out from LoL by introducing faster map travel and swingy objectives that force team fights! What's next?"

    "Introduce a map that takes forever to travel with barely consequential objectives spread out all over the place so there's no teamfights over them?"

    Brilliant!

    Seriously, Haunted Mines was sent to the chopping block for less. At least there was more teamfighting in the mines, and the golem was of more consequence than the nukes.

    kimefortyMMMig
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    MMMig wrote: »
    Yesterday I learned you can cleanse blind.

    Huh...

    This was changed like 2 years ago; originally you couldn't cleanse it, which meant you could just blind butcher while he was charging - now you have to actually wait for him to finish the charge

    SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    fortyMunkus Beaver
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Illidan wouldn't be able to hit a thing if he was blinded!

    fortyMMMig
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »
    Yesterday I learned you can cleanse blind.

    Huh...

    This was changed like 2 years ago; originally you couldn't cleanse it, which meant you could just blind butcher while he was charging - now you have to actually wait for him to finish the charge

    What I saw was khara cleansing jo's blind on his pocket valla.

    Khara getting up to 3 cleanses is kinda nice in those situations for artanis, zul, etc..

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    CCL Finals rounds started today

    Also, they just mentioned that 100% of donations are prize pool now, instead of 60%(?), plus org is also adding 10K to it.

    That's big for the players, and yeah trying to recover from the debacle of canceling the LAN.

    Donations are currently at $14K

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    We have a Butcher.

    They have a Cho'gall and Abathur.

    They will only ever have 3 heroes in a fight at a time (Monstrosity instead of Ultimate Evolution), with 3 heroes worth concentrated into one target.

    Oh cool, so our Butcher will take Lamb because we'll be getting insane value out of that single target disable and OOOOoooooh no he took Furnace for the AoE. Of course.

    MrBody on
    MMMigMunkus Beaverkimetyrantula22Whelk
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    This CCL grand finals, going on literally right now, are nuts!!!

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    This CCL grand finals, going on literally right now, are nuts!!!
    I hope Ducks wasn't watching game 6. Witnessing Kure's gust would literally kill him.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
    SeGaTaiMMMigkimemilk ducks
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I don't know how you fuck up that angle

    PSN SeGaTai
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Chat's theory is Kure wanted to give the audience a game 7.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    forty wrote: »
    Chat's theory is Kure wanted to give the audience a game 7.
    They won anyway so makes sense!

    Congratulations to team Catapults on their win.

    forty on
    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
    MMMig
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    That was an amazing weekend of games.

    Watching Wildheart claw through a literal gauntlet was amazing.


    That hook, though.

    THAT.
    HOOK.

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I lost my collective shit from that hook. Wife asked if I was ok.


    No, I was not OK.
    Not by a mile...

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
    kime
Sign In or Register to comment.