[Hearthstone] Arfus is the bestest boy

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Best card art this expansion: Farm Hand
    Best flavor text: Sheriff Barrelbrim

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I think the craziest thing is that it steals max HP, so you can't even heal up from it.

Wait what? That's the silliest thing ever

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Azerite Snake got ya down? Dragons won't stop breathing down your neck? Want to see Priest ragequit after their deck is emptied and their 6th Titan gets destroyed with ease?

Meet TNT Warrior, which makes every combo deck cry in the corner. Fun fact: Just like Reno, TNT destroys any card in play, even portals and such. Rejoice!

I outlasted a Druid Dragon deck which was amusing. He buffed all his dragons and still I had the answers. Druid had one card left and no hand before conceding. The games take a while but if you like control, this is a fun deck to play.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Gallon confirms that a hotfix change will be coming to Azerite Snake Fridayish, though it's interesting that it's described as a Sentiment Outlier and not a Balance Outlier. I'm pretty confident that high Legend is warping heavily around aggro decks like Naga DH right now so that makes sense to me.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I wonder if they base that on overwhelming clamor in forums, or if they have some metrics that track how often people quit out of the game after losing to a certain deck/card.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    What do we think the nerf is going to be? Steal 5 health? Or change to “lifesteal deal 10 damage”?

Also, if we’re talking about sentiment, getting hit with Reno on curve feels about as bad as watching someone heal to full on turn 6 with original Reno, i.e. really fucking aggravating. I really wish that he was either 10 mana, or that its a board wipe, not a board poof.

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/gq/abewz8ofp9y1.png

This game can fuck right off.

--
    I am including Azerite Snake with that statement. Send that card on a rocket to the sun.
    Flint Firearm was my level 20 freebie, so I don't think I did very well either. :(

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Flint was, no bullshit, the first legend I pulled.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Flint bros sitting in the corner with our shitty decks.

• Options
    If it's a hotfix it's very likely to just be a numerical change. Even just bouncing it down to 8 health changes the math meaningfully. It's likely going to wind up a tier 2 deck so just saying it's nerfed probably drops the playrate

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I noticed they didn't update the wording on the old Brewmasters to match that of the Saloon Brewmaster and it's upsetting.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I've made this very dumb excavate mage deck that does the excavate warlock bounce thing, which is not very good with the mage minion but leads to some pretty funny games.

I was just playing an excavate Tess rogue who summoned a bunch of random legendaries with wishing well (varying quality but lots of big butts). I manage to hold them off for a while, and Discover a Fight Over Me (priest card that makes two minions fight and you get any that die). Rogue drops Theotar and steals something from me. I play FOM and get Theotar, drop Azerite Hawk and drop a Sergaras with taunts. He drops Tess, resummons minions and kills stuff off but can't get through my taunts, and bounces Tess.

Sargeras wipes the board, I play my Theotar and steal Tess, and the Rogue immediately concedes.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Ok, so Naga DH seems way more miserable an opponent than warlock.

• Options
    Azerite Snake has been bumped up to 6 mana until the next balance patch

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    They stepped on snek.

• Options
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/twist-winter-break-update/116464
    In the 28.0 Patch Notes 21, we announced that Twist would be going on hiatus for the December and January seasons, to return for the February season. We’ve seen your disappointment with that announcement, so we’ve decided to update our plans.

We’re pleased to see that Twist has some very passionate fans, and that players are enjoying the current November season (Wonders + Un’Goro). Instead of disabling Twist for December, we’re going to keep the current format going for one more season. Twist will still be taking a break for the January season and returning with a different format in February.

Why have a break at all? We want Twist to be a sandbox-like mode that lets us experiment with new ideas and makes you think about your collection in new ways. It was always intended to be a seasonal mode that would deactivate from time to time, kind of like a giant Tavern Brawl. That break gives us time to learn from prior Twist seasons and prepare for upcoming ones—and we hope it will make Twist more exciting when it returns. We understand now that the announce language was not clear enough in conveying how long those breaks could be. Going forward, we’ll do a better job of sharing our plans for upcoming breaks. For now, we hope that you continue to enjoy the Return to Un’Goro format, and we look forward to sharing the February season with you.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I tried playing around with the new set. Legit spent like 5 hours trying to get 5 wins for the weekly. The game is incredibly punishing to come back to. Shouldnt be that hard to get a couple wins in fucking chicken rank. Glad I didn't bother getting the preorder pack, there only seems to be snake warlock, dragon druid, and discover a billion spells 10 minute turn mages. There was one game against an ogre and wishing well rogue that at least seemed cool.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I tried playing around with the new set. Legit spent like 5 hours trying to get 5 wins for the weekly. The game is incredibly punishing to come back to. Shouldnt be that hard to get a couple wins in fucking chicken rank. Glad I didn't bother getting the preorder pack, there only seems to be snake warlock, dragon druid, and discover a billion spells 10 minute turn mages. There was one game against an ogre and wishing well rogue that at least seemed cool.
    Did you try an aggro paladin deck? It should have a decent shot against most of the field.

Although I guess it doesn't really play new cards, so that might not be what you're looking for.

forty on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Ogre wishing well sucks to fight if you don’t have, I shit you not, 6+ board clears.

Because they literally run 5 bounce spells.

• Options
    it will never be ogre

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2023
    I got five wins quickly today playing various shudderwock decks at bronze 10 wild bc I didn't match into anyone playing a real deck

including a turn 9 one that summoned 30+ power and loatheb'd 3 times

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I do not understand why they keep making undercosted cards with effects like Blindeye Sharpshooter. 3 mana for that? Really? That card is insane, and at 5 health it can be tough to kill. And DH has a ton of ways to play cheap (even free) spells that already deal tons of damage, so you can be sitting at a comfortable life total and then suddenly just die.

edit: AND it draws cards. Fucking wild.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Ya I had started with an aggro warlock list, tried an imp list too. Then tried some good ol whirlwind selfdamage warrior, but it isn't as good as it used to be. Then I made some kind of aggro paladin deck. It just felt like every deck I played against could cast like 3 board wipes a turn, would still have 8 cards in hand, then on turn 5ish just suddenly have 6 beefy taunt dudes. Just felt like I don't have the cards to fight against it. Not to mention the snake decks, which already started to get nerfed.

• Options
    Oh, you're still completing achievements in linear time?

fic9fgp82b5a.png

Eat my dust, losers.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Made a Rogue that uses a Mech package to synergize with both Excavate and Wishing Well. Its been the most fun I've had in this game for a few months now

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Dragon Druid is pretty fun. I don't know if it's good, but it's fun!

• Options
    Just had my first Tie game ever. I didn't know that could happen?

Figured that the system would just go with who got to zero 'first', so to speak.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    It's been a while, but I hit that spot where every deck I want to play is missing 1 - 2 legendaries and/or a couple Epics. Holding off on dusting anything until the next round of nerfs hits, but being a F2P'ish player stinks sometimes (I only buy mini-sets).

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    antherem wrote: »
    Dragon Druid is pretty fun. I don't know if it's good, but it's fun!
    I don't know what its overall matchup spread is, but it's good enough to absolutely crush some decks. At least the ones I face, that pop out ~5 5/6 taunts around turn 6 every time.

• Options

Figured that the system would just go with who got to zero 'first', so to speak.

It's really rare. I've played a thousand games over the years and I've only had one tie.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Idx86 wrote: »
    It's been a while, but I hit that spot where every deck I want to play is missing 1 - 2 legendaries and/or a couple Epics. Holding off on dusting anything until the next round of nerfs hits, but being a F2P'ish player stinks sometimes (I only buy mini-sets).
    I'm in the exact same boat. I opened ~130 packs and seem to have whiffed a ton of linchpin cards (6 legendaries), but I'm waiting for a VS report or the first real balance patch before committing resources. I need to find something to shoot for dad legend with soon. I also like to hold out on crafting legendaries if I can until I get both of the free ones on the track. Otherwise you just increase the chances of getting duds.

forty on
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    emnmnme wrote: »

It's really rare. I've played a thousand games over the years and I've only had one tie.

I had 2 health and a full boat of Skeletons. Paladin with an empty board and 10 health dropped Prismatic Beam.
    forty wrote: »
    I opened ~130 packs and seem to have whiffed a ton of linchpin cards (6 legendaries), but I'm waiting for a VS report or the first real balance patch before committing resources.

You and I have got to figure out a way to raise Flint from the gutter.

The Judge on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2023
    as I recall, there's no "first" when effects are resolving in hearthstone. As long as animations are happening without any user input it's all considered as happening at the same time by the rules of the game.

There was a lot of consternation about this at one point where there were situations someone would get knocked into negative health and then healed up above 0 seemingly "after," but the truth is there's no death check until ALL effects have been resolved.

Thus, if you're both at 3 health and the warlock hellfires, yeah you both die at the same time bc it practically deals the 3 damage to both of you simultaneously. (I've been in quite a few draws and they were almost all because of hellfire and/or leper gnome.)

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    as I recall, there's no "first" when effects are resolving in hearthstone. As long as animations are happening without any user input it's all considered as happening at the same time by the rules of the game.

There was a lot of consternation about this at one point where there were situations someone would get knocked into negative health and then healed up above 0 seemingly "after," but the truth is there's no death check until ALL effects have been resolved.

Thus, if you're both at 3 health and the warlock hellfires, yeah you both die at the same time bc it practically deals the 3 damage to both of you simultaneously. (I've been in quite a few draws and they were almost all because of hellfire and/or leper gnome.)
    There is definitely some stack resolution to some potential "simultaneous" deaths. The classic case is attacking for lethal into an Explosive trap when you have <= 2 health. Your minion (or hero) begins the attack animation, the Explosive Trap is revealed, your hero takes 2 damage, and then your hero explodes in death before the attack finishes.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    emnmnme wrote: »

It's a bit staggering to think that I have almost 3 classes with 1000 wins, and that is just 3000 wins. If I have a 51% winrate (i have no idea), that's a lot of games. And then I'm not even counting my wins in the other classes...

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    One card I wish I had extra resources to craft was Finley. Seems like he’s in EVERY deck these days

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    One card I wish I had extra resources to craft was Finley. Seems like he’s in EVERY deck these days
    This made me curious enough to check the free data that's available. Finley isn't quite as ubiquitous as I would have thought, but he's still up there. The most played legendary is still Astalor.

• Options
    SIR Finley.

• Options
    i don't acknowledge filthy monarchists and their so-called honourifics

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Weenie Rush Paladin needs a nerf