Options

[Hearthstone] Arfus is the bestest boy

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I'm sure it will be. Paladin definitely seems like an outlier right now, at least in the scrub parts of the ladder.

Not sure how dominant it is in high legend, though.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    It's probably wise to pick up Mage to counter the Paladins and after a few days find out what counters Mage when people start playing that.

### Mining Mage
    # Class: Mage
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Wolf
    #
    # 2x (1) Arcane Artificer
    # 2x (1) Arcane Wyrm
    # 2x (1) Discovery of Magic
    # 2x (1) Flame Geyser
    # 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
    # 2x (2) Cosmic Keyboard
    # 2x (2) Cryopreservation
    # 1x (2) Infinitize the Maxitude
    # 2x (2) Kobold Miner
    # 2x (2) Vast Wisdom
    # 2x (2) Void Scripture
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 2x (3) Reverberations
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 2x (4) Cold Case
    # 2x (4) Inquisitive Creation
    # 2x (4) Reliquary Researcher
    # 1x (4) Volume Up
    # 2x (5) Burrow Buster
    # 1x (5) Star Power
    # 2x (5) Wisdom of Norgannon
    # 2x (6) Blastmage Miner
    # 1x (6) Sif
    # 1x (9) Grand Magister Rommath
    #
    AAECAa6aBgjlsASX7wSjkAXz8gXr9AXQ+AXR+AXNngYQ294EkJYFq5gFgMIF7PYF3vgFv/4F2P4F8YAGyoMG0IMGlYcGg5UG85sGs5wGsp4GAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm curious what if anything they'll change. The problem is that all the pieces of those decks fit so well together, combined with incredibly resilient minions.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Looking at the VS report, Paladin will definitely be getting nerfed in the next patch.

• Options
    Ehh, I'm not sure if that's needed. The decks are still getting refined and there are already emerged two good counters: enrage warrior and Mage.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    It's fun to beat that deck with generic low budget outcast-rush-DH, but any of my actually entertaining decks just break against their shield wall.

• Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Ehh, I'm not sure if that's needed. The decks are still getting refined and there are already emerged two good counters: enrage warrior and Mage.
    Needed or not, it'll be happening.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Agrradin is kinda busted right now. I've been killed on t fucking 4 numerous times

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I feel like whenever I try aggro, my shit just all dies to a defile, or one of the DK cards where they just aoe then make a billion taunt zombies. The game is so much different since the last time I played though, which was a while ago when there were like DK versions of all the heroes or something.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Agrradin is kinda busted right now. I've been killed on t fucking 4 numerous times

TBF i did that on the reg as mech rogue but then it feels good :p

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    This feels like one of the strongest control metas we've had in a while. There are only a couple supreme aggro decks that can really compete with them, and even then, the control decks often have the right draws to survive the early onslaught and then just run away with the game.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    The Judge wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/gq/abewz8ofp9y1.png

This game can fuck right off.

--
    I am including Azerite Snake with that statement. Send that card on a rocket to the sun.
    Flint Firearm was my level 20 freebie, so I don't think I did very well either. :(
    Just hit 50 and got my second welfare legendary:

q7ph954ws5gv.png

I don't think that's going to get any more use than Flint. :|

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Draw and split Neptulon. You can't lose with that many fists.

• Options
    Probably lose from the fist up my ass that is aggro paladin or every other deck's omnipresent Reno on 8.

• Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Needed or not, it'll be happening.

Well, you aren't wrong:

Nerfs for Blindeye Sharpshooter , Always a Bigger Jormungar and Order in the Court

Interesting, any predictions?

See my profile here!
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Sharpshooter could literally be multiple nerfs, the damage is nuts, the cost is nuts, the health is nuts. There’s no way it should have ever come out in this state after what happened with the mage naga.

Guess: Straight to 5 mana or 4 mana but stats change to 2/4

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Order in the Court nerf - guessing it won't draw a card now.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile I'm over here continuing to do stupid things.

sjjj9osymi8c.png

• Options
    edited November 2023
    And here we go:

Blindeye Sharpshooter
    Old: 1/5
    New: 1/3
    Dev Comment: Naga Demon Hunter is an outlier, but it is also one of the popular new archetypes from the expansion, so this change is designed to make the deck weaker without killing it. This change still gives players the fun pop-off turn, but makes it riskier for the Demon Hunter to go in early, so there are more early-game decisions and fewer snowballing games.

Order in the Court
    Old: Reorder your deck from highest Cost to lowest Cost. Draw a card.
    New: Reorder your deck from highest Cost to lowest Cost.
    Dev Comment: Paladin is one of the strongest classes across most rank levels. Order in the Court is a linchpin across Paladin decks, bridging them to their late-game and combo pieces. This adjustment makes that transition a little less efficient.

Always a Bigger Jormungar
    Old: [1 Mana]
    New: [2 Mana]
    Dev Comment: Hunter was the other biggest class outlier that we wanted to weaken this patch. Always a Bigger Jormungar is one of the strongest cards in the class data, and also one of the most stand-out cards in terms of play experience. This change makes the deck a little slower and a little less consistent, since this card can no longer be drawn by Trinket Tracker.

Defense Attorney Nathanos
    Old: 5/4
    New: 4/4 (plus added functionality, see Dev Comment)
    Dev Comment: In this patch, we’re updating the rules to make Defense Attorney Nathanos work more favorably with cards like Spurfang, Twisted Frostwing, and Bovine Skeleton. We think this will work more intuitively for players, and it sounds fun. But, at the same time, our overall goal with this patch is to slightly weaken Hunter, so we’re giving Nathanos a small, pre-emptive stats adjustment to make up for his new synergies.
    silprbbwrdjm.png

Azerite Snake
    Old: [6 Mana] Your hero steals 10 Health from the enemy hero.
    New: [4 Mana] Your hero steals 7 Health from the enemy hero.
    Dev Comment: Our last adjustment to Azerite Snake was a temporary fix to that standout play experience outlier. That adjustment, and natural meta developments, have gotten Excavate Warlock to about where we want it right now. This change makes Azerite Snake once again match the other Legendary Excavate Treasures’ costs, but keeps the overall clock and cost about the same by requiring 5 activations for lethal instead of the current 3.

The Judge on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Blindeye Sharpshooter 1/5 -> 1/3

Order in the Court loses "draw a card"

Always a Bigger Jormungar goes from 1 to 2

Nathanos, very slight adjustment to effect, -1 attack
    z06368zu9err.png

Azerite snake 10 health to 7

Smokestack, Mo’arg Drillfist, and Tram Conductor Gerry will be eligible for full dust refunds as part of the warlock excavate package

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Doesn't matter if you win posting patch notes by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.

• Options
    Smokestack, Mo’arg Drillfist, and Tram Conductor Gerry will be eligible for full dust refunds as part of the warlock excavate package

Now that I wasn't expecting. I definitely appreciate it.

• Options
    Snake back to 4-mana is where I'm the most curious on how it shakes out.

This is where I assume they have data showing 7 health doesn't quite tilt the scales and then I remember that they never have data.

• Options
    Nathanos seems like kind of a cool card now, but I dusted him because there are other legendaries I'd like to have, like Reno.

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    Snake back to 4-mana is where I'm the most curious on how it shakes out.

This is where I assume they have data showing 7 health doesn't quite tilt the scales and then I remember that they never have data.
    I mean you'll have to play/bounce 4-5 snakes for the kill at that point. That's a good amount of mana spent not interacting with the board and requires drawing more excavates and/or bounce cards than before. It feels like there should be a reasonable chance for a number of decks to kill the Warlock in that time.

• Options
    that Sharpshooter change maybe removes the "win by throwing it down naked on 3 and hoping they don't have removal" wincon, but otherwise does nothing.

I expect to see it nerfed against eventually. Very surprised it's not moving to 4 mana.

• Options
    Nathanos seems like kind of a cool card now, but I dusted him because there are other legendaries I'd like to have, like Reno.
    Yep, I was pleased to see that he was worth a full dust refund, since I happened to have him. Also I somehow had two golden Drillfists, so I did all right in this patch.

• Options
    A number of rainbow mage's poorer matchups got nerfed here, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it be a T1 deck, at least at the high ranks.

With a number of "fun and interactive" win conditions getting nerfed, it's a little surprising that Sif continues on unabated. Maybe if mage gets out of control in the next few months...

• Options
    Priest has dried up and blown away with a breeze. I haven't seen a Priest opponent in a week at least and I haven't seen any Priest using the 1-mana gimmick from this expansion.

• Options
    A number of rainbow mage's poorer matchups got nerfed here, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it be a T1 deck, at least at the high ranks.

With a number of "fun and interactive" win conditions getting nerfed, it's a little surprising that Sif continues on unabated. Maybe if mage gets out of control in the next few months...

Very early indications is that Sif mage is back in force. It's only been 24 hours, anecdotal evidence, etc. But based on what I've seen it's very hard to beat them with anything other than early and consistent aggression. Which is already a challenge against mage, who has a wide variety of removal.

How does plague knight hold up? They want to draw so many cards it seems like they'll find themselves running into plagues a lot.

• Options

Very early indications is that Sif mage is back in force. It's only been 24 hours, anecdotal evidence, etc. But based on what I've seen it's very hard to beat them with anything other than early and consistent aggression. Which is already a challenge against mage, who has a wide variety of removal.

How does plague knight hold up? They want to draw so many cards it seems like they'll find themselves running into plagues a lot.
    I think Plague DK is generally too slow to be a good counter to Sif Mage. Unless you luck into all your plague cards + Helya right away, the Mage is probably going to blow you up by turn 8 before you really get a lot of plagues rolling to kill them.

• Options
    That was my sense as well. So you really need something super aggressive, which is still a problem because of inquisitive creation and all their other removal. Only thing else I can think of is disruption pieces like Patchwerk or Theotar.

• Options
    This patch did fuck-all to paladins, hopefully blizzard can think of something that actually hurts their early game next week.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24008696/announcing-battlegrounds-season-6

The gimmick for the next Battlegrounds season will be...spells. Just spells. In the tavern!

xvjbrfdm27pd.png

jwv5dlzdomhy.png93hp6znlgeyd.pngpb2yxhdtcntd.png

There will be a dedicated spell slot in the tavern, so there'll always be one in the tavern. Unlike minions, spells have variable costs, and cannot be tripled.

42 spells, 3 new heroes, 32 new minions, and 5 returning minions. 33 minions will be leaving the pool.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Always seems like they're slowly adding more total minions to BGs than they remove.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Why isn't Steamcleaner banned from this brawl?

• Options
    I don't mind It being in the Brawl so much as the 15 seconds of animation as it blows up all the cards.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    The month is almost over and I was still sitting in Platinum, needing to attempt the dad legend climb in a hurry. I figured some form of aggro paladin was probably a decent pick, despite the Order nerf, since the games generally don't go too long. I went with a Showdown version I picked up off HSReplay that I already had every card for:
    1394ubmzunjh.png

It wasn't smooth, but it got me there. I don't think I ever ended up with a win streak. If I ever dared to get 2 wins in a row, I'd run into a bad matchup. There seems to be a lot of stuff out there that can beat paladin now. In general I faced a very broad class and deck variety. In something like 20 games (ballpark, I don't have stat tracking), I think I only faced a repeat deck a couple times. It would have been impossible to try to play around a meta.

My first opponent was another aggro paladin that got a tempo lead, but I was able to recover with a big Showdown/Beam turn and they never got it back. I think that was the only Paladin I ended up facing. I definitely played against DH, Druids (probably ended up being my best matchup, I don't think I lost a game vs. 3 Druids), Hunters, Mages, Priests (both control and shadow), Shaman, Warlocks, and Warriors. I think the only classes I didn't face in my sampler platter were Rogue and DK (odd since it is usually popular).

Final boss ended up being a mage with a dream opener: Miracle Salesman->Cosmic Keyboard->Coin Cold Case->Cold Case. I thought I was screwed against an opening like that, but I had a big Showdown/Giant/Beam turn that cleared their board on 5, but they must not have had a good answer because they conceded after that. I'll take it!

I also can't recall getting Reno'd a single time, which really surprised me.

forty on
  • Options
    1bhzntva4434.png

No, really, you shouldn't have.

Is, uh, the receipt in the box?

• Options
    Pip pip *dusts* cheerio.