As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    I got to the credits in Arceus in my Nuzlocke. I guess time to see if I can survive the infinite space of the post-game in Nuzlocke.

I think catching the legendaries may prove difficult for you. There was one in particular that one-shot killed me twice.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Hisuian Growlithe is a good good boy and I am not ashamed that I looked up where to catch him, because I absolutely would have missed him otherwise.

I named him Bork, but with the two little dots over the "o." Also, Hisuian Decidueye is growing on me a lot.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Hisuian Growlithe is a good good boy and I am not ashamed that I looked up where to catch him, because I absolutely would have missed him otherwise.

I named him Bork, but with the two little dots over the "o." Also, Hisuian Decidueye is growing on me a lot.

When I first saw Hisuian Decidueye I was really disappointed (because I quite like normal Decidueye), when I first saw him do Triple Shot my opinion on him did a 180.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I like the design but Hisuian Decidueye is fragile as fuck in the Arceus battle system and everything knows aerial ace

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I have found an Alpha Turtwig, this makes me very please.
    Though this does mean the Alpha Petilil probably no longer has room in the team.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I do not like either version of Decidueye

They really just fuck up what is otherwise a wonderful first form starter

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I love Decidueye

Both kinds

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I like normal Decidueye better, though I will never understand why he's ghost type. Or at least why all his pokedex entries are basically "shoots arrows real good" instead of addressing the inexplicable occult portion.

I do love Hisuian Typhlosion's design after seeing it in action and such though. Infernal Parade is a super cool animation too. I do wish it had like... a better special move pool though. Cyndaquil/Quilava aren't great for awhile because all they know is ember, then as Typhlosion it basically gets ghost or fire special attacks (and like... swift). Don't need anything too crazy, but would have been nice to have some amount of coverage and maybe a utility move or something to set up for Infernal Parade/Hex instead of just hoping you get random burns. Though with how effort levels work in this game, I suppose having a physical coverage move isn't that bad.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Will-o-Wisp would have been real nice, but the move pool is pretty tiny

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I've suddenly been hit with nostalgia for my B2/W2 playthrough, where at one point I was coming to the conclusion that I wanted to add a Grass type to my team. Not a tank or a status spreader, though, something with some bite to it and oh hey there Virizion, you look lonely just standing out there.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I just think Rowletts are neat.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    So what’s your fav Pokémon lately?

Hare is a pretty sick pokemon, i have fond memories of breaking MR3 by maxing power and speed and savescumming tourneys.
    i also really liked Togemon, but in Legends it's got to be my Honchkrow.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    I like normal Decidueye better, though I will never understand why he's ghost type. Or at least why all his pokedex entries are basically "shoots arrows real good" instead of addressing the inexplicable occult portion.

IIRC it's as simple as the fact that he's based on a couple of Hawaian owl types - one of which is extinct and the other of which was apparently commonly thought to be linked to spirits in traditional folklore.

So, well, ghost typing probably seemed apropos.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    also i finally got properly killed in the postgame by
    Heatran, god damn it.

that was the first time i dropped anything!

Lucedes on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Found a waterfall.
    Threw all my pokeballs into the waterfall.
    Hmm..

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    also i finally got properly killed in the postgame by
    Heatran, god damn it.

that was the first time i dropped anything!

Every time I have died it has been falling from braviary

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I died a couple times in rifts because some of the later ones the pokemon knock you into the red in like one hit with some of their moves. I also died once on the volcano because fuck you Magmar.

If you have online luckily you can get all your stuff back once someone finds your satchel. Took me a couple days to get it back (tho I actually realized at the first time I died online somehow got turned back off... must have done so while in suspension and I had to check that "re-connect" option I guess? Thankfully even tho it was off when I died, I still could get that satchel back after I turned it back on)

I actually wish you were allowed to reward the people who find your satchels. I was like, if the game let me I would give you something cool out of my inventory as thanks for getting my shit back. I hope it at least auto-rewarded them :3 (I mean, one of my deaths I lost like 2 nuggets... the person better have gotten a freaking reward for that)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    It will give a reward, but it’s randomly selected from your inventory. Like despite having some good stuff, the one time I’ve died (glitched fall damage) it gave them a single medicinal leek.

• Options
    It will give a reward, but it’s randomly selected from your inventory. Like despite having some good stuff, the one time I’ve died (glitched fall damage) it gave them a single medicinal leek.

I've seen it not give rewards too. I assume based on how much stuff the person lost? But I don't know.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    That's how you get merit points so I spend time running around grabbing satchels anyway

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Oh, mine always has the reward listed. Strange.

Also I have acquired Alpha Basculegion! It… it uh doesn’t seem to be larger than my normal Basculegion? Huh. Slightly disappointing.

Edit: After very careful comparison it is very slightly larger. Huh. Pretty much every other Alpha I’ve seen has had a huge difference.

Iblis on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Oh, mine always has the reward listed. Strange.

Also I have acquired Alpha Basculegion! It… it uh doesn’t seem to be larger than my normal Basculegion? Huh. Slightly disappointing.

Edit: After very careful comparison it is very slightly larger. Huh. Pretty much every other Alpha I’ve seen has had a huge difference.

Is normal Basculegion the same size as the rideable version? There could just be a maximum size that the normal version is already close to hitting.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Haven't compared, but that's what I'm assuming. Basculegion was already huge, so I was curious how crazy it could get.

Edit: Ah, apparently a few particularly large pokemon like Mamoswine and Basculegion, the Alphas are just the max possible size of a normal one.

Iblis on
  • Options
    my alpha mamoswiné is very very big

she is named Fine Swine

i am very proud

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Just accidentally ended my expedition by getting too close to the Professor, after trapping myself on a river ledge and going back to camp.
    Then accidentally started my expedition by getting too close to the gate, after finding the third bidoof.

discrider on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    FYI male/female basculegion have different stats, with males being more physical attacker and females more special.

Relevant mostly because shadow ball is your only stab/ghost move, but its signature wave crash move is physical

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    One thing I like about PLA is that pretty much every alpha pokemon has big Marmaduke energy if you try to use it in sidequests, like, at all. The camera is not set up to account for it at all.

Glazius on
  • Options
    I just think Rowletts are neat.
    discrider wrote: »
    Just accidentally ended my expedition by getting too close to the Professor, after trapping myself on a river ledge and going back to camp.
    Then accidentally started my expedition by getting too close to the gate, after finding the third bidoof.

It's like watching an alien play a pokemon game :D
    I mean this the best way possible

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Minor post game spoilers
    That feeling when you pelt a legendary pokemon with mud and then run behind it and catch it in an ultra ball without even having to battle it... haha

Also seriously FUCK Heatran... you can't even dodge that shit

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    ok I managed to get 2 whole shieldons from much hanging around waiting for rifts

anyone with a cranidos want to trade?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    bhb2yq9xrx3f.jpeg

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Few random spoilers (mostly about the noble pokemon)
    So I was thinking about how close I am to "Catching 'em all" and I thought about how nice it was that this game tends to make all of the evos available to catch too, usually as Alpha Pokemon, even stuff like Golem or Machamp that would require trading/link cable item to evolve or weird evos like Gallade. This is nice for not having to, for the most part, grind out levels on Pokemon you don't plan to use just for the sake of catching everything (completing the Pokedex is another story since a ton of entries require you to evolve several, but that's whatever). But then I remembered that no, the noble pokemon don't seem to be available in the wild. I was thinking ok, I sort of get this, but then I ALSO remembered that I've caught an Avalugg and Braviary in the wild, but none of the others.

So now I'm just confused about the disparity... ARE the other nobles catchable in the wild? I've never seen them, but then I didn't find Avalugg and Braviary until post game, so *maybe* they don't spawn until then? I still feel like I would have seen one of the others by now tho if they did spawn. But it's weird they singled out the two snow biome nobles there.

I wonder if there's any others I'm forgetting too. I know some are only available from weird places like rifts (ex: the rifts can spawn every eeveelution). But I feel like I've naturally found everything that isn't a noble (this reminds me, I still need to evolve a Lilligant). Unless there's something that's just super rare that doesn't appear elsewhere in the game (i.e. Munchlax is a super rare spawn but you also fight him in a battle early on so you know he's in the game somewhere). I'm actually mildly curious to see how close I am to at least "catching" everything (as far as I'm aware, I have just a couple more legendaries to go and probably Lilligant to evolve unless I already did it and forgot.. I definitely did all the other nobles already)

Edit: Note that I haven't bothered to evolve Alolan Vulpix yet but I mean, I DO have a Ninetails so I consider it the same thing. I think the Pokedex does too. I also just remembered I don't have Sneasler so bleh, +1 to the list I need to do.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Looks like they're starting to figure out time rifts, sounds like the fastest way to get them is to just stand at the camp and do nothing. The game has a chance to spawn one every 5 minutes, battling pokemon or going into menus pauses the timer, going to the city or sleeping resets it.

• Options
    Amazing how they're getting me to actually like Mr. Mime, with the Pikachu movie and these antics.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Kanden wrote: »
    Looks like they're starting to figure out time rifts, sounds like the fastest way to get them is to just stand at the camp and do nothing. The game has a chance to spawn one every 5 minutes, battling pokemon or going into menus pauses the timer, going to the city or sleeping resets it.

Interesting, this kind of makes sense. I wonder if people who have been having trouble getting rifts to spawn were battling frequently and/or resting at camp a lot. I know usually when I'm out hunting, unless I'm specifically going after something and resting to make the spawns reset (like when I was working on perfecting the voltorb pokedex entry last night :P), I'm usually just out there for a long time, typically trying to avoid battles and just lob pokeballs at stuff instead. And I don't typically have issues with rifts spawning (sometimes it can definitely be awhile but it's not *that* infrequent)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Interesting, this kind of makes sense. I wonder if people who have been having trouble getting rifts to spawn were battling frequently and/or resting at camp a lot. I know usually when I'm out hunting, unless I'm specifically going after something and resting to make the spawns reset (like when I was working on perfecting the voltorb pokedex entry last night :P), I'm usually just out there for a long time, typically trying to avoid battles and just lob pokeballs at stuff instead. And I don't typically have issues with rifts spawning (sometimes it can definitely be awhile but it's not *that* infrequent)

Yea I can't say I ever spent a crazy long time in one area without doing many things. But also, I'm definitely not going to just stand there and wait for something to happen. Whatever the metrics are it's not great design. But hopefully they get figured out well enough so other people can get their pokes though!

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    More hard numbers from serebii about the rifts

Main Game | Post Game
    5 Minutes 10% 20%
    10 Minutes 20% 10%
    15 Minutes 20% 20%
    25 Minutes 25% 25%
    40 Minutes 25% 25%

I think the prevailing theory is that those are cumulative so 40 minutes should be the absolute max.

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    bhb2yq9xrx3f.jpeg

Mr. Mime lives in the world that they imagine. Who among us would not do the same?

• Options
    More hard numbers from serebii about the rifts

Main Game | Post Game
    5 Minutes 10% 20%
    10 Minutes 20% 10%
    15 Minutes 20% 20%
    25 Minutes 25% 25%
    40 Minutes 25% 25%

I think the prevailing theory is that those are cumulative so 40 minutes should be the absolute max.

fighting and menus pause that timer
    resting and going back reset it

camo_sig2.png