As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker! patch 6.2 out

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    technically
    the wol is now 7 shards of azem combined

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    technically
    the wol is now 7 shards of azem combined
    none of them but ardbert got a chance to remain a separate conscious being tho
    ardbert's explicitly still knocking about in our head to some degree, he had a moment with his dogcamelbird after we fused.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Does each HW relic Anima count as a different entity?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Does each HW relic Anima count as a different entity?
    Yes, but they have their own body and aren't ever kicking around inside your head.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Continuing this discussion.
    Every job crystal is the remnants of at least one soul, so every combat job counts.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Continuing this discussion.
    Every job crystal is the remnants of at least one soul, so every combat job counts.
    Incorrect. Job crystals are more records of a soul than a soul itself? Also it's a record of every bearer of that crystal.

Also, MCH and BLU crystals are blanks when you get them.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Speaking of job crystals, thought occurs to me about something we learned after the Triad questline in HW.
    The surviving kid says the heroes of his world started using and relying on auracite to augment their powers and were eventually twisted by them to seek aether. While I haven't seen a job crystal go rampant like that, it does make me wonder if they're maybe more dangerous than they seem.

Madican on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Speaking of job crystals, thought occurs to me about something we learned after the Triad questline in HW.
    The surviving kid says the heroes of his world started using and relying on auracite to augment their powers and were eventually twisted by them to seek aether. While I haven't seen a job crystal go rampant like that, it does make me wonder if they're maybe more dangerous than they seem.
    The auracite in question was filled with Primal energies, specifically. That stuff is inherently corruptive, which made the leaky construction of the auracite crystals a big problem.

Comparatively, the job stones are largely just records of memories and techniques, without any large amount of aether or sinister intelligence within.

I mean, unless we consider the BLM job stone to be a problem; that's explicitly a special relic crafted by Shatotto.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Spur-of-the-moment screenshots (87 MSQ)
    6Gf89RP.jpg

Eg97HzJ.jpg

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    The auracite in question was filled with Primal energies, specifically. That stuff is inherently corruptive, which made the leaky construction of the auracite crystals a big problem.

Comparatively, the job stones are largely just records of memories and techniques, without any large amount of aether or sinister intelligence within.

I mean, unless we consider the BLM job stone to be a problem; that's explicitly a special relic crafted by Shatotto.
    Yeah, but Shatotto was an exceptionally powerful mage, so she's allowed to cheat just a little.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if the auracite and all that had been tampered with by the Ascians anyways just to make everything go kablooey.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, but Shatotto was an exceptionally powerful mage, so she's allowed to cheat just a little.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if the auracite and all that had been tampered with by the Ascians anyways just to make everything go kablooey.

Endwalker spoilers:
    We do have confirmation that the summoning method that the Ascians gave to various people was intentionally tainted (in comparison to the original creation magic), to cause mental and physical corruption. If the Auracite was used to capture primals of the sort seen on the Source, then it was almost certainly an intentional failure by design; the primals would've been of the tempering sort. I'll bet they also made sure the crystals would leak power, too.

Problem was that Igeyohrm's plan with this stuff was too strong and too fast, causing the flood of darkness.

Enlong on
  • Options
  • Options
    planning a graphics engine update at some point huh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    seems reasonable. maybe it could come with dropping PS4 support

at the very least the current engine was built to be playable on the PS3, so there's plenty that could be done

admanb on
  • Options
    they say they are not planning to end PS4 support with this, which is probably wise if they're doing it before the next expansion.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    huh. going all in on making the mmo part of it optional

• Options
    edited February 2022
    as part of trying to keep the game accessible to people who just want to play it like a single player FF game, they're aiming to gradually add to the NPC party trust system to cover all MSQ dungeons past and future.
    No changes planned for 8 player MSQ stuff for now, they'll think about it after next expansion.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    That's crazy ambitious. Making it solo-friendly is gonna be a massive undertaking.

Adding Trust access to all main-story dungeons is gonna be huge.

• Options
    I wonder what trust companions they could do for some early dungeons, both before you join the Scions, and when you're explicitly on your own. Brayflox's Longstop, for instance.

• Options
    *Bangs hands on table*

Let me have Arenvald, Hoary Boulder, and Coultenet as trust partners in early-story dungeons.

• Options
    Sounds like they're also going to revamp some parts of the early dungeons along with the trust update, like removing slow pools from Toto-Rak.

• Options
    rest in piss, MSQ roulette

• Options
    DIE MSQ ROULETTE DIE

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    8-man Cape Westwind is dead. Long live solo-instance Cape Westwind.

• Options
    I think I'm going to get through FFXIV never having done MSQ roulette. Because MSQ roulette is gonna die before I do it.

• Options
    They're looking at revamps all the way through 3.X, which hopefully means actually slightly challenging
    king thordan

• Options
    DIE MSQ ROULETTE DIE

Nooo, my free EXP...

• Options
    K
    Grapes

• Options
    the bulk of the graphics update is aimed for launch of next expansion

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    "Aiming for screen-wide aesthetic appeal suited to a multiplayer environment"
    but what does this even mean lmao

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Make it look good, but don't expect us to make it look like Horizon Forbidden West, because dang that's a lot of things to render across MMO-numbers of characters.

• Options
    I think that is what they were trying to get across yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

"We will work to make everything you see look nice, but within the bounds of the tech required to manage an MMO."

• Options
    Lalafells defy graphical updates.

• Options
    Lalafells defy graphical updates.

Any image with Lalafells in it is by definition potato graphics

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Graphics technology has finally caught up with the vision of Final Fantasy 14 version 1.0.

• Options
    Ilberd gonna be looking at a room full of graphically updated rich assholes, and choose violence.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, fuck Extreme Leviathan a BUNCH, this shit is miserable

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    that grass tho

edit: SUCH VEGETATION

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Holy shit, fuck Extreme Leviathan a BUNCH, this shit is miserable

Just in case you didn't realize, the extreme versions of fights are very optional, you can just ignore them if you like. If you're having fun with them though, by all means do them.

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.