Options

DCU presents: (thread closed)

AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whateverRegistered User regular
edited March 2023 in Debate and/or Discourse
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RIdbMgGHlsQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6tTM9nbRk5A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u34gHaRiBIU

Here’s where we talk about all the past, present, future, animated, live-action, multiverse, AU, retconned, disavowed, and rebooted DC media projects.

Except comic books! No comic books! Those are for nerds! Get outta here, you feckless literates! You filthy readers! You degenerates disgust me.

Anyway, here’s what’s on the slate coming up Warners:

- Peacemaker (S2 is unofficially a go, per James Gunn)
- Doom Patrol
- The Batman
- Batgirl
- The Flash
- Aquaman 2
- Shazam: Fury of the Gods
- Black Adam
- Green Lantern Corp

Assumed/announced but not in production:
- Wonder Woman 3
- Another Suicide Squad spin-off
- Static Shock
- More Harley stuff

Enjoy! Or try to. They can’t all be winners. Okay that’s enough, go.

ownc60e2roku.jpeg

Atomika on

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I want to pause here and remind everyone that Peacemaker has no right being as good as it is. I know for most in the previous thread, I’m not telling you anything you don’t know. But if you were turned off by Peacemaker in The Suicide Squad like I was and have been avoiding this show because of it, you definitely need to give it a shot. It’s fucking rad!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=fOdSUtGmxwU

Man those lyrics are 110% nonsense

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I feel like maybe they were going for a warning about the nature of fame and fortune and how it can be fleeting or something like that but ultimately it just sounds like it’s about sex.

Even with nonsense lyrics though it’s a banger.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Tangentially related, we're going to be staying at a rental that has a turntable and some serious looking speakers.

Feel like I need to bring a record or two but I don't own any; I pretty much skipped tapes and went to CDs, sister did get into mix tapes. Guess I'll flip through parents collection but not expecting much.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=fOdSUtGmxwU

Man those lyrics are 110% nonsense

Dudes with bonkers outfits and amazing hair, pyrotechnics, women in skimpy clothing, more pyrotechnics..

Who's listening to lyrics?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I'm pleased to see Fraser getting a role in Batgirl and Im excited for Batgirl. The only career comeback Ive ever rooted for, I think.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    In the last week or so I’ve binged s2 of Harley Quinn, Doom Patrol and Watchmen and I’ve decided that DC is actually really good as long as they aren’t focusing too much on Batman or Superman

Neco on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    My gf and I just watched Episode 6 of Peacemaker and she's thoroughly offended with it
    I have a prob with the tree that he and vigilante were hiding up, they made the needle like a cedar, but cedars don't have branches like the one they were standing on and they made the bark look all wrong for a cedar
    James Gunn should be ashamed of himself

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    In fairness, that "hiding spot" annoyed me too. Trees don't suddenly grant a +500% foliage bonus against anybody on the ground, they would've been very clearly seen standing up on a branch.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    In the last week or so I’ve binged s2 of Harley Quinn, Doom Patrol and Watchmen and I’ve decided that DC is actually really good as long as they aren’t focusing too much on Batman or Superman

If you like DC content and want a really good take, all of Young justice is up on HBO, with s4 currently on hiatus but due to resume Soon TM

It's very very good and only gets stronger as it goes along

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So, following me watching TSS I decided to binge Peacemaker over the past few days.

James Gunn has a formula, but good god is it engaging. Pretty sure I am in for whatever he makes at this point, his name on a project is an instant ticket buy / download / subscription for me.

Also, Eagly fucks.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    So, following me watching TSS I decided to binge Peacemaker over the past few days.

James Gunn has a formula, but good god is it engaging. Pretty sure I am in for whatever he makes at this point, his name on a project is an instant ticket buy / download / subscription for me.

Also, Eagly fucks.
    I love that an "Oh no Peacemaker and Vigilante are in trouble!" moment just ended up as an excuse to do a full Eagly tearing people to shreds action scene. Gunn knows how to give the audience what they want.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I didn't know this existed until today but Catwoman Hunted is the new DC Animated movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYPqTLS_g9c

It's directed by a longtime animoo animator, and the style is more animoo than the usual DC animated style but not animoo enough (or batshit insane enough like Batman Ninja).

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Oof, that looks and sounds incredibly terrible. Like somebody described anime to them over a phone, but didn't really try very hard.

Alright, what's there going to be more of: fucking awful cat puns or a gross overabundance of T&A fanwank shots?

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Your eagle is hardcore man

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Oof, that looks and sounds incredibly terrible. Like somebody described anime to them over a phone, but didn't really try very hard.

Alright, what's there going to be more of: fucking awful cat puns or a gross overabundance of T&A fanwank shots?

It was terribad FYI. It's basically an attempt to steal the style of Cowboy Bebop but it's just boring.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    In fairness, that "hiding spot" annoyed me too. Trees don't suddenly grant a +500% foliage bonus against anybody on the ground, they would've been very clearly seen standing up on a branch.

(Pushes up glasses)
    That bugged me a little too. Should have added since more digital trees in front to make it more believable.
    Other thing that made me go hmm.. was
    Vigilante arriving in an Uber fully in costume except his helmet? Usually not a good idea, but he specifically has a thing about hiding his identity.

Like whatever, it's a ridiculous comic show but when they're normally either careful with that stuff or move fast enough you don't catch it, the little mistakes stand out more.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    They have a Peacemaker Spotify playlist building and like none of these songs make any goddamn sense, but they sound great, if that makes sense?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I'm impressed with Freddie Stroma's American accent. He's British and usually plays attractive hunky dudes. Compared to what he looks/sounds like in other shows/movies, he really sells the American nerdy sociopath vibe. Like, I had no idea that was the same actor.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Look, when you're looking for someone, you often don't look up or down, you're looking ahead. Sam Fisher's split in tall hallways works because enemies don't look up, that's just science.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    They have a Peacemaker Spotify playlist building and like none of these songs make any goddamn sense, but they sound great, if that makes sense?

People discovering glam metal for the first time because of this show is incredible

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Look, when you're looking for someone, you often don't look up or down, you're looking ahead. Sam Fisher's split in tall hallways works because enemies don't look up, that's just science.

It's something that FPS designers have to take into account when putting paths or switches high up or low down - there needs to be something at regular eye level that draws the gaze

It was mentioned in the Valve commentary for either Portal or Half Life

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Look, Big Al says cops can't look up, so I assume it's true.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Honestly it makes sense why Eagly was able to take out so many of the cops. They're not used to having to look up to kill someone's pet.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Goddamn

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options

Is that guy on the right somehow related to Gunn?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    New episode!

Eagly remains very hardcore. But also a hardcore bro.

Not sure how Vigilante goes from passing out driving to kicking white supremacist ass in the next scene. The armor weak point thing was telegraphed to the point where I thought he would stab the cloth part and find force fields or something.

Feel pretty bad for the cow. Seems like a bad life for something with giant cute anime eyes.

Harcourt becoming a real person was nice.

• Options
    Another good if short episode. Very surprised they not only
    killed off Murn but killed off Murnsect. Do they HAVE to burrow out immediately? They obviously can't tell if someone is a host or not instinctively. I was a little worried he was gonna possess Harcourt for a second there but I figured it was against everything he had said.

I thought it was weird that White Dragon let his kids listen to glam rock. I very much thought he'd call them the F word for it and then low and behold he calls them out for it. I'm glad all the other protagonists survived, Vigilante is still fun but man he's gone lax on keeping his mask on.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Peacemaker 7
    Yep it’s a mothra
    Also good riddance to hitlerdad

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    New episode!

Eagly remains very hardcore. But also a hardcore bro.

Not sure how Vigilante goes from passing out driving to kicking white supremacist ass in the next scene. The armor weak point thing was telegraphed to the point where I thought he would stab the cloth part and find force fields or something.

Feel pretty bad for the cow. Seems like a bad life for something with giant cute anime eyes.

Harcourt becoming a real person was nice.

Deleted scene of him doing a line of coke.

Ep7 was another awesome episode. Eagly for series MVP.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Peacemaker 7
    Yep it’s a mothra
    Also good riddance to hitlerdad

I mean I even knew they'd do it, and I was still giddy about both.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Thank fucking god

• Options
    That was a very good episode with lots of quality moments for several characters

Best show on TV right now

• Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    So White Dragon has a jetpack.

Just sayin'...

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I'm just still wondering how a trailer trash white supremacist ended up with a super suit and a quantum pocket space. Like, I remember there being a throwaway line in the first episode about him making some Peacemaker's helmets, but that still doesn't quite track.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this show to bits, it's just the one fridge logic thought that keeps bouncing around my brain.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Matev wrote: »
    I'm just still wondering how a trailer trash white supremacist ended up with a super suit and a quantum pocket space. Like, I remember there being a throwaway line in the first episode about him making some Peacemaker's helmets, but that still doesn't quite track.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this show to bits, it's just the one fridge logic thought that keeps bouncing around my brain.

He lived in a suburban neighborhood so he wasn't exactly trailer trash. He's a retired supervillian. He just happens to be one with super racist views.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    For whatever reason the white dragon is a scientific genius.

• Options
    Matev wrote: »

He lived in a suburban neighborhood so he wasn't exactly trailer trash. He's a retired supervillian. He just happens to be one with super racist views.

Well in the flashback to Chris’ youth they’re living in a trailer

There does seem to be a bit of a disconnect between dad being a super genius and dad being a total reactionary moron/absolute stupid piece of shit

• Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    Ben Carson is a brain surgeon.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe