As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Bad Food] Thread is dead and gone forever

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Xaquin wrote: »
    what a terrible name for a burger though

hamburglar's revenge

Karl on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

hamburglar's revenge

That was the explosively violent aftermath of ever eating a McLean back in the 90's.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What's the best way to reheat leftover KFC

I would say oven at a lower temp for 15-20 minute. Like 160c for 15 minutes.

I'm not sure wrapping it in foil would be a good idea, it might make the breading soggy.

And I speak from experience. Do not use a microwave.

That's basically what it says on the bucket though it does say use foil but loosely

Though it's already kinda soggy from the fridge. I might try cranking the oven up for the last 5 minutes without foil to try to dry that breading back out a little?

I usually eat all the KFC fresh so I usually avoid this problem.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Captain Crook's Booty
    Grimace's Meat Product

• Options

I'm not sure wrapping it in foil would be a good idea, it might make the breading soggy.

That's basically what it says on the bucket though it does say use foil but loosely

Though it's already kinda soggy from the fridge. I might try cranking the oven up for the last 5 minutes without foil to try to dry that breading back out a little?

I usually eat all the KFC fresh so I usually avoid this problem.

Ah if they say use foil, I'd go with the KFC experts.

I think cranking up the heat foil off is a good idea. Maybe do 3 minutes then check though to be safe.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    A quick blast at higher heat to crisp the breading might work, soggy fried breading leftovers are just hard to recover though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    they're not though!

you can order a quarter pounder, a cheeseburger, a hamburger, french fries, hash browns, and etc.

Hmm, good point

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options

hamburglar's revenge

That was the explosively violent aftermath of ever eating a McLean back in the 90's.

I had to google what that was. I don't remember that making it over to the UK.

I take it the burger was high in fibre.

• Options
    The KFC method worked pretty good actually

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

We got a new microwave yesterday which has a 'crisper plate' that is supposed to be good for reheating things you don't want soggy, like pizza or I guess fried chicken. I am highly skeptical.

• Options
    You need to buy some fried chicken to test this out.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I like the cut of your jib

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    A little hand pops down and cooks the food with a heat gun.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

hamburglar's revenge

It did have a slightly higher veggie quotient, but the main factor was the reduced fat "meat". It was a grind of beef and assorted carrageens/emulsifiers to mimic the texture of the normal quarter pound patty, but lower calorie and fat content.

While not quite as leakage inducing as olestra was, it came close.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I'm going to make a chilli cheeseburger followed by another the same

vegetable sides: a bottle of claret (yes it counts)

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular

hamburglar's revenge

It did have a slightly higher veggie quotient, but the main factor was the reduced fat "meat". It was a grind of beef and assorted carrageens/emulsifiers to mimic the texture of the normal quarter pound patty, but lower calorie and fat content.

While not quite as leakage inducing as olestra was, it came close.

Oh god Olestra. I remember when that was the rage. I'll never forget the free sample pack of Doritos that were made using Olestra I got at my local grocery store and trying them out. They tasted just fine, but that 1.5 oz bag of 'ritos led an assault on my colon that only Haribo Sugar-Free Gummy bears or Food Poisoning have ever been able to replicate.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Olestra, the thing Pringles used very briefly because turns out it makes your poo so greasy it slips right past the sphincter. Whether you're ready for it or more likely not.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Olestra, the thing Pringles used very briefly because turns out it makes your poo so greasy it slips right past the sphincter. Whether you're ready for it or more likely not.

The truest advertising Frito-Lay has ever had was the "WOW" designation on their olestra products in the late 90's.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Man went from mufflers to muffulettas

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Man I could go for a muffuletta

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    🎶Muffuletta, gentille muffuletta
    Muffuletta, je te plumerai🎶

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

There was an episode of You're Wrong About that if I recall correctly talked about how this might in fact just have been a byproduct of people eating way more of these chips, since if you eat a bunch of fats at once you can get loose stools. Or it may not have been significant at all, the meme of them causing constant pooping was not backed up by a lot of actual verifiable poopings.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I know I enjoyed them when I tried them and had no noticeable fecal effects.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The only thing keeping me alive is how I forget, for long stretches of time, that I live a ten minute walk from a great croque madam, all sloppy with cream gravy instead of bechamel and with the perfect runny egg on top, and dipping your fries in the leftover gravy and yolk.

Anyway I remembered today, it was pretty great and now I need a nap.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    The only thing keeping me alive is how I forget, for long stretches of time, that I live a ten minute walk from a great croque madam, all sloppy with cream gravy instead of bechamel and with the perfect runny egg on top, and dipping your fries in the leftover gravy and yolk.

Anyway I remembered today, it was pretty great and now I need a nap.

Thanks, now my baguette is sporting an unprofessional look at work.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I appreciate such a delicate euphemism

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    That is two seperate foods in the same box, not a style of pizza.

• Options
    I made a really good double espresso just now

I had the energy to descale the machine the other and clean the grinder and took down some fresh beans today

• Options
    Now I got my dishes cleaned and feel like I could go straight to bed...

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    you're still recovering from a serious virus so listen to the body imo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Sounds ideal even without the virus.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    you're still recovering from a serious virus so listen to the body imo

Yeah honestly I think I might still be pretty sick

I just took my temp before a short nap and it was like 99.2 so not super high but going up again. Was really dizzy too. This is unpleasant.

I want to get better.

To bring this back to coffee I think I forgot to mention this at the time but I ruined Starbucks lattes for myself. Had to pour out the last one I got a week or two ago. Just tasted like burned milk and watered down burned coffee. Even with the glug of caramel syrup in there.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It's bad coffee!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, but it's an alright milkshake.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Yeah I mean it's not like I usually have the best beans (I use lavazza super crema usually because it's cheap and easy) and milk and stuff around but like I at least give myself the time to prepare it with care unlike Starbucks corp forcing their baristas to turn over an order in like half the time I would.

I can't even enjoy it as a dessert anymore, at least when they burn the milk.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Amazing looking pizzas.

Korean LOBSTER PIZZA & Japanese KATSU CURRY | BEST PIZZA in The Country?! (18 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o63z7kPeTno

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I opened up serious eats this morning, and I didn't finish the first sentence in the article.

https://www.seriouseats.com/pastel-de-atun-mexican-tuna-cake-5272351

I first tasted pastel de atún, or tuna cake―a dish made of layers of white sandwich bread frosted with a creamy, tuna-based sauce―

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I dunno, "fish sauce" is just fish boiled down into a sauce and it fuckin owns.

This discussion has been closed.