As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    It's already a rough year as a Cowboys fan, what with Tyron Smith's knee exploding.

Try rough lifetime. This was always going to be a regression unless the rest of the division sucks the whole tailpipe.

Most valuable sports franchise in the world, hasn't been relevant for a quarter century.

On the plus side, they could have been purchased by Trump. So they could've been bakrupted and moved to Vanuatu.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    It's already a rough year as a Cowboys fan, what with Tyron Smith's knee exploding.

Try rough lifetime. This was always going to be a regression unless the rest of the division sucks the whole tailpipe.

Most valuable sports franchise in the world, hasn't been relevant for a quarter century.

On the plus side, they could have been purchased by Trump. So they could've been bakrupted and moved to Vanuatu.

You'reTellingMeThere'sAChance.gif

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    The Cowboys have been competitively irrelevant for long enough that I lost the ability to muster a shit about them or their fans a while back

Jerry Jones- like that he pays more than market for his guys, hate that he’s a walking leather-bound monument to consequence-free rich white mediocre sex criming

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    This is coming from an Eagles fan, but "the rest of the division sucks the whole tailpipe" is always a significant chance in the NFC East.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    The Eagles get to play Carson Wentz twice this season*

And DJ

*unless he’s injured which

• Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    It only comes once a year! It's that special time before they've played a regular season down when Cowboys fans are certain their team will be going to the Superbowl.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Speaking of Trump and the Cowboys

My neighbor across the street that put up a flagpole so he could fly his dipshit Trump flag under the US flag swapped it for a Cowboys flag the day after it came out that Trump referred to the fake electors as fake.

So you know, progress!

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Monwyn wrote: »
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man that's just bizarre.

Is it? Always seemed pretty normal to me. I assumed it was relatively common to have this level of hatred for at least one other team.

It is also worth noting that it is a relatively wholesome rivalry as well. I have never heard of an Atlanta fan speak badly of their experience with Saints fans in a general sense and vice versa. Just endless, merciless mockery over anything at all. You can expect to see a toddler flip off the team for sure. The fans will have as good a time though.

As an Atlanta resident I'd like to remind you that your team was absolute garbage with no redeeming value before Brees and will be once more.

Hate hate hate,

Monwyn

You see this is the pure hatred that I like to see. Here is a man whose team has never amounted to anything. A team dedicated to choking when it matters. A team that thrives on almost being good every so often before crashing back down to earth. What does he do? Lash out at the better team. This is truly inspirational. It is why we have dedicated a statue to this great rival. Here it is for you to admire, and look upon. So you can see the glory of your team immortalized without having to travel to the better city.

9dtnr498z3ta.jpg

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Just tuned in to the Panthers/Bills game.

Kinda surprised that the Panthers are dominating, even in preseason. One of the supposed strengths of the Bills is their depth. If their second and third teams can't compete against the Panthers, I'm not sure I believe that.

Just heard the commentators talking about how it's a good thing that the Panthers kept fourth string PJ Walker.

Because they lost their rookie QB Matt Corral last week to a season ending foot injury.

And apparently lost Sam Darnold tonight for some time (the descriptor is accurate, it's disturbing) due to another foot injury. He had to be carted off, which is never a good sign.

"Wouldn’t watch this if you get queasy easily … but this is why Sam Darnold was carted off. Watch his left ankle."
    - Nicki Jhabvala is an NFL writer for the WaPo.

This franchise is cursed.

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Man that's just bizarre.

Is it? Always seemed pretty normal to me. I assumed it was relatively common to have this level of hatred for at least one other team.

It is also worth noting that it is a relatively wholesome rivalry as well. I have never heard of an Atlanta fan speak badly of their experience with Saints fans in a general sense and vice versa. Just endless, merciless mockery over anything at all. You can expect to see a toddler flip off the team for sure. The fans will have as good a time though.

As an Atlanta resident I'd like to remind you that your team was absolute garbage with no redeeming value before Brees and will be once more.

Hate hate hate,

Monwyn

You see this is the pure hatred that I like to see. Here is a man whose team has never amounted to anything. A team dedicated to choking when it matters. A team that thrives on almost being good every so often before crashing back down to earth. What does he do? Lash out at the better team. This is truly inspirational. It is why we have dedicated a statue to this great rival. Here it is for you to admire, and look upon. So you can see the glory of your team immortalized without having to travel to the better city.

9dtnr498z3ta.jpg

One of the best trolls I ever pulled off on my FFXIV Discord was directed at a Falcons fan. I'd overheard her mentioning it offhand once. I then spent like two or three months casually talking football, and finally one day was like "oh yeah just listening to the Saints game" and she predictably went off. I said "Who's your team?" and she says "The Falcons of course!" to which I said "The who? Sorry, I just started watching football recently and have only memorized the winning teams so far."

• Options
    Meanwhile Matt Barkley was the Bills punter tonight

Yes, him

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Bills cut Araiza.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah there's no upside to keeping him.

Nobody's gonna stick their neck out for a punter no matter how meme-y he is.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

*Cleveland Browns enter the chat*

I mean, if you're gonna stick it out with Watson, defend Kareem Hunt as a good decision, why not go full villain?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    In the NFL world, 'I don't care that he raped a bunch of women. That was *before* he played for my favorite team!' defense is merely background radiation.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

*Cleveland Browns enter the chat*

I mean, if you're gonna stick it out with Watson, defend Kareem Hunt as a good decision, why not go full villain?

That ol "Laugin Jimmy Haslem" gif is so apt now.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    How does this thread feel about knock off nfl jersey’s?

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Are they hilarious? Do you have a Biffalo Bulls jersey?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    you don't want the jersey anyway, just show up in your zubaz and people will know what's up

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    How does this thread feel about knock off nfl jersey’s?

I say they're fine.

Last time I looked at the NFL Shop they were asking absolutely ridiculous prices for licensed gear and I imagine it's only gotten worse

• Options
    SnoopyBowl today?

I was thinking that there should be a different term for a preseason matchup of the Jets vs Giants vs a regular season one.

And then I figured there's not much difference between a pointless game between these two where the score doesn't really matter and that has no real effect on the standings and is just generally a waste of time for everybody involved, and a preseason game.

• Options
    The New Jersey State Championship

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    The New Jersey State Championship Dress Rehersal

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    No one here calls it the Snoopy Bowl, that only started in the media after MetLife got the new naming rights

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Nah I want to get a Broncos Jersey, but I also don’t want to be pissed I spent a bunch of money if Russell Wilson turns out to be a rapist.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Nah I want to get a Broncos Jersey, but I also don’t want to be pissed I spent a bunch of money if Russell Wilson turns out to be a rapist.

He checked with his image consultant over there in cloudcuckooland and got told it was a bad look, so he released a halfhearted take about how people should plant flower boxes and be nicer instead.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Looks like it's gonna be Flacco vs Tyrod. Zach Wilson is still hurt, Giants are sitting Jones.

Hearing the commentators try and force enthusiasm is entertaining in it's own right.

Who thought this would be a good opener to the final day of pre-season? Even if both starting QB's were playing?

EDIT - Jets first drive ends when Flacco takes off, realizes that's not an option, throws to a receiver short of the sticks, guy battles through several Giants to make yardage, but coughs up the ball.

Giants first drive. 1st and 10, hand off for 3. 2nd and 7, 2yd pass incomplete (thrown into the grass). 3rd and 7, sacked by three Jets almost untouched.

"When we come back, NO SCORE!". The commentators having to sound enthusiastic for this derpfest is just funny.

MorganV on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Wilson at this point is a known quantity. He's like Carlton the football player

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    if Wilson has a scandal it's gonna be something absolutely wild like a cult or a South African child adoption smuggling ring.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Second drive, Jets do nothing. Giants, Tyrod throws one of the worst picks that I've seen this pre-season.

Third drive, Jets start in opposition territory. Get a FG.

Biggest indictment? Apparently the Jets are starting their first team. Giants are sitting theirs. And the Jets are still only able to get points on the board because of a turnover.

Giants get a good 25yd pass play off, Tyrod goes down. Looks like he's OK though.

It really is just waiting for defensive incompetence to overtake offensive incompetence.

EDIT - Re Tyrod back injury, questionable to return. So we're stuck with Webb, because they apparently don't want to put Jones in.

EDIT EDIT - Re INT, Flacco says "Hold my beer", and throws not just a worst pick from a throw perspective, but it goes for a pick six.

MorganV on
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    admanb wrote: »
    if Wilson has a scandal it's gonna be something absolutely wild like a cult or a South African child adoption smuggling ring.

Actually his scandal was when an ex-girlfriend made it known that he used to bang one of his mom's friends in one of those utterly questionable "he's barely 18 and she's over double that" cougar/hunter type situations.

EDIT: Oh you meant Russell Wilson, not Zach Wilson? My b.

R-dem on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Boy this sure is an NFL preseason football game on national television.

Of all the games this weekend, this game sure is one of them

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    Boy this sure is an NFL preseason football game on national television.

Of all the games this weekend, this game sure is one of them

people are asking: should it be?

• Options
    R-dem wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

Actually his scandal was when an ex-girlfriend made it known that he used to bang one of his mom's friends in one of those utterly questionable "he's barely 18 and she's over double that" cougar/hunter type situations.

EDIT: Oh you meant Russell Wilson, not Zach Wilson? My b.

I mean that's kinda messed up but he's the victim there

• Options
    Rodgers is also back at being a little piss baby about his vax status.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Second drive, Jets do nothing. Giants, Tyrod throws one of the worst picks that I've seen this pre-season.

Third drive, Jets start in opposition territory. Get a FG.

Biggest indictment? Apparently the Jets are starting their first team. Giants are sitting theirs. And the Jets are still only able to get points on the board because of a turnover.

Giants get a good 25yd pass play off, Tyrod goes down. Looks like he's OK though.

It really is just waiting for defensive incompetence to overtake offensive incompetence.

EDIT - Re Tyrod back injury, questionable to return. So we're stuck with Webb, because they apparently don't want to put Jones in.

EDIT EDIT - Re INT, Flacco says "Hold my beer", and throws not just a worst pick from a throw perspective, but it goes for a pick six.

Honestly the biggest reason to have Taylor at 2 on the depth chart is that he's played significant time in real games. Webb has arguably looked better all preseason

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Man that's just bizarre.

Hate hate hate,

Monwyn

Hate Hate Hate, rhymes with twenty eight.
    Said three times.
    28-3

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    [ ] Vaccinated
    [X] Not vaccinated Immunized

CaptainPeacock on
    Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Okay but if Team A starts Elite Quarterback Joe Flacco in the preseason, then by the Reflective Property doesn't that make the opposing teams starting Quarterback equally Elite?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    [ ] Vaccinated
    [X] Not vaccinated Immunized

It's ours and the media's fault we didn't ask him to clarify.