Options

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I don't know about all that. If I'm paying Illinois taxes on my salary, Justin Fields can manage to pay taxes, too. But I wouldn't be opposed to the revenue sharing and cap numbers being adjusted for tax rates. And I'm always in favor of the players getting a bigger cut of revenue, it can be 99% and leave the owners just enough to operate the league.

The point isn’t that Justin Fields needs help paying his taxes, it’s that Florida teams offer higher effective salaries under the same cap. This is more noticeable in the NBA than NFL, but the question was about competitive balance and the salary cap.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »

most of these clips are from vikings and/or gophers games, I've seen at least one of these happen live

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    It's like the American version of Monte Python.

MV5BMTQ3MjMyOTEwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzQ4MjE3._V1_.jpg

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    I don't know about all that. If I'm paying Illinois taxes on my salary, Justin Fields can manage to pay taxes, too. But I wouldn't be opposed to the revenue sharing and cap numbers being adjusted for tax rates. And I'm always in favor of the players getting a bigger cut of revenue, it can be 99% and leave the owners just enough to operate the league.

The point isn’t that Justin Fields needs help paying his taxes, it’s that Florida teams offer higher effective salaries under the same cap. This is more noticeable in the NBA than NFL, but the question was about competitive balance and the salary cap.

Yes, I get that. That's why I said I wouldn't be opposed to the revenue sharing and cap numbers being adjusted for tax rates.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    The Ravens mascot, Poe, injured his drumstick while running over those kids, according to John Harbaugh. He had to be carted off the field.

• Options
    maraji wrote: »

That hasn’t really been an issue yet. Consider places with higher income tax California, Massachusetts, and New Jersey generally being able to be competitive.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    That is true. People actually want to live in those places

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Take that Cleveland and Detroit.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I mean

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Take that Cleveland and Detroit.

"They're the same picture." - Ebum, probably.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    DND, YOU, HAVE BEEN CHOSEN.

Ever been tired of those fantasy leagues with their precious RULES and DECORUM.

Well DO I HAVE A FANTASY LEAGUE FOR YOU!

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1386233/invitation?key=68a74e23d15df882&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=8e282784e163599f

My sole expectation is that you click the link and make the STUPIDEST NAME IMAGINABLE. Anything you do after that is FAIR GAME.

Do you want to make 13 billion trades for no reason. YES, YOU CAN.

Do you want to field the starting roster of the 2010 New England Patriots, YES YOU CAN.

Do you want to see if you can draft an entire team with the last name of Allen. YES, YOU CAN.

Do you not even want to do any of the things above, and ignore this post all together? YES, YOU CAN.

Draft is on Wednesday at 6pm MST. BE THERE. Or don't, do what you think is best for you, really.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Draft is on Wednesday at 6pm MST. BE THERE. Or don't, do what you think is best for you, really.

This is so beautiful, it should be immortalised in poetry.

Just sticking it to the East timezoners that have jobs. They already get preferential game times (no 11pm starts on Monday double headers, etc).

EDIT: I'm fucking stupid, see below.

MorganV on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

Just sticking it to the East timezoners that have jobs. They already get preferential game times (no 11pm starts on Monday double headers, etc).

Not sure how an 8p Eastern time start is sticking it to them, but okay.

• Options

Did I screw up the timeshift again? Fuck.

As someone already in tomorrow (Australia), it can be hard to keep track.

• Options
    DND, YOU, HAVE BEEN CHOSEN.

Ever been tired of those fantasy leagues with their precious RULES and DECORUM.

Well DO I HAVE A FANTASY LEAGUE FOR YOU!

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1386233/invitation?key=68a74e23d15df882&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=8e282784e163599f

My sole expectation is that you click the link and make the STUPIDEST NAME IMAGINABLE. Anything you do after that is FAIR GAME.

Do you want to make 13 billion trades for no reason. YES, YOU CAN.

Do you want to field the starting roster of the 2010 New England Patriots, YES YOU CAN.

Do you want to see if you can draft an entire team with the last name of Allen. YES, YOU CAN.

Do you not even want to do any of the things above, and ignore this post all together? YES, YOU CAN.

I’m in again. Last year I took second. Maybe this year I’ll take first.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

From early to late: Start at the Pacific ocean, head up into the Mountain, then you'll be more Central, until you reach the Eastern area.

Nobody cares about Alaska and Hawai'i.

Then there is Standard Time and Daylight Time. Most everybody forgets that the abbreviation during Daylight Saving is xDT and xST when not. And then twice a year, everybody bitches about it like whiny ass titty-babies.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2022

From early to late: Start at the Pacific ocean, head up into the Mountain, then you'll be more Central, until you reach the Eastern area.

Nobody cares about Alaska and Hawai'i

Then there is Standard Time and Daylight Time. Most everybody forgets that the abbreviation during Daylight Saving is xDT and xST when not. And then twice a year, everybody bitches about it like whiny ass titty-babies.

Why you gotta ghost diss Morgan and our fellow PA Aussies like that Santa?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I got stuck with Justin fields as my starting qb in a 12 team league uh oh

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Is the friendofmotherfucker not available?

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I'm doing a Fantasy NFL draft, and I'm not really all that knowledgeable. It's only a small league, 8 of us in total, but my team is

QB - P. Mahomes
    RB - L. Fournette
    RB - A. Ekeler
    WR - M Evans
    WR - M Williams
    TE - T Kelce
    W/R (flex position, either RB or WR) - S St. Brown
    K - D Carlson
    Def - Bills

Bench, D. Prescott (QB), J. Dobbins (RB), T Etienne (RB), D London (WR), D Mooney (WR), Z Ertz (TE).

I've got someone wanting to trade Tee Higgins for Mike Evans; opinions?

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    I'm doing a Fantasy NFL draft, and I'm not really all that knowledgeable. It's only a small league, 8 of us in total, but my team is

QB - P. Mahomes
    RB - L. Fournette
    RB - A. Ekeler
    WR - M Evans
    WR - M Williams
    TE - T Kelce
    K - D Carlson
    Def - Bills

Bench, D. Prescott (QB), J. Dobbins (RB), T Etienne (RB), D London (WR), D Mooney (WR), Z Ertz (TE).

They're pretty equivalent in terms of fantasy value and the rest of your team is fucking stacked so it's kinda whatever. I probably wouldn't take it just because I decline trades unless there's a damn good reason for me to accept.

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Monwyn wrote: »

QB - P. Mahomes
    RB - L. Fournette
    RB - A. Ekeler
    WR - M Evans
    WR - M Williams
    TE - T Kelce
    K - D Carlson
    Def - Bills

They're pretty equivalent in terms of fantasy value and the rest of your team is fucking stacked so it's kinda whatever. I probably wouldn't take it just because I decline trades unless there's a damn good reason for me to accept.

The guy offering the trade, his 2 WR are both from the Bengals, which is why he's put in the offer (i.e. if the Bengals have an off-game, then his WR's are going to probably tank is team).

Also, there's only 8 of us, so there's a fair few strong teams in this league....

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I personally wouldn't make the trade, but it's pretty close.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    It's fantasy, whomever you trade for will immediately blow both acls while being suspended for PEDs, while the guy you send the other way will win MVP.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

I don’t know who that is!! All that’s left on the wire is Jameis and Matty Ice. I’m considering floating an offer for cousins

My strategy picking late 1st round was RB1/Kelce, then WR forever and tons of rb lottos, while grabbing hurts or lance if they were available

Unfortunately got pipped by 1 or 2 picks on both of em and ended up with fields, and didn’t have a WR I loved left round 3 either.

Ended up with (12 teamer, 10th pick)
    QB - Justin Fields
    RB - Dalvin Cook
    RB - Dameon Pierce
    WR - Mike Williams
    WR - Courtland Sutton
    TE - Travis Kelce
    FLEX - Amon-ra St. Brown
    BENCH - Devonta Smith, Drake London, Chase Claypool, Tyler Allgeier, Isiah Pacheco, Zamir Smith,
    IR - Brian Robinson Jr.

Hopefully one or two of the RBs work out and then I have some depth

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Jameis is probably a good QB to put over Fields, though I’d hang on to Fields because if he ever figures out the thing where he causes 80% of the sacks and eliminates that, he has all-pro tools and immense fantasy potential

Zach Wilson fucked his mom’s bff

• Options
    Jameis is probably a good QB to put over Fields, though I’d hang on to Fields because if he ever figures out the thing where he causes 80% of the sacks and eliminates that, he has all-pro tools and immense fantasy potential

Right I forgot about that. Mom fucker still available, I also didn’t realize how much better the jets offense looks to be this year

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

Right I forgot about that. Mom fucker still available, I also didn’t realize how much better the jets offense looks to be this year

That’s why you should pick up Mike White, actually

Mike White single-handledly demolished the AFC champions and left a mark so deep they couldn’t muster the will to win the super bowl

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited September 2022

I don’t know who that is!! All that’s left on the wire is Jameis and Matty Ice. I’m considering floating an offer for cousins

My strategy picking late 1st round was RB1/Kelce, then WR forever and tons of rb lottos, while grabbing hurts or lance if they were available

Unfortunately got pipped by 1 or 2 picks on both of em and ended up with fields, and didn’t have a WR I loved left round 3 either.

Ended up with (12 teamer, 10th pick)
    QB - Justin Fields
    RB - Dalvin Cook
    RB - Dameon Pierce
    WR - Mike Williams
    WR - Courtland Sutton
    TE - Travis Kelce
    FLEX - Amon-ra St. Brown
    BENCH - Devonta Smith, Drake London, Chase Claypool, Tyler Allgeier, Isiah Pacheco, Zamir Smith,
    IR - Brian Robinson Jr.

Hopefully one or two of the RBs work out and then I have some depth

Both are fine options. Matt Ryan might be a good option of a “floor” should Fields not get the rushing points you’ll need.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options

QB - P. Mahomes
    RB - L. Fournette
    RB - A. Ekeler
    WR - M Evans
    WR - M Williams
    TE - T Kelce
    K - D Carlson
    Def - Bills

The guy offering the trade, his 2 WR are both from the Bengals, which is why he's put in the offer (i.e. if the Bengals have an off-game, then his WR's are going to probably tank is team).

Also, there's only 8 of us, so there's a fair few strong teams in this league....

With 8 you can do whatever you want really. Sadly with 8 it’s going to come down to luck (injuries and did you get a good player who will blow up this season) as well as playing the waiver wire since plenty of good players will be sitting there.

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    As someone who's main league moved to 14 teams this year (and had me doing crap like picking up Sony Michel in round 12 of 15 because maybe Ekeler gets hurt?) I am irrationally angry at people in 8-team leagues

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Week 7 of a 14 team league is when you leave at least one bye guy in a starter slot and start a guy who doesn’t make it to the 46-man game day roster

• Options
    Week 7 of a 14 team league is when you leave at least one bye guy in a starter slot and start a guy who doesn’t make it to the 46-man game day roster

Oh God I didn't even look at bye weeks

[checks]

Turns out four of my starters are out on Week 9, should just plan on losing that game

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Tomorrow night is the first game of the season. Buffalo at Los Angeles on NBC. Kickoff at 8.20p EDT.

And, apparently, the winner gets Beckham. Maybe. Sorta. Whatever.

• Options
    As someone who's main league moved to 14 teams this year (and had me doing crap like picking up Sony Michel in round 12 of 15 because maybe Ekeler gets hurt?) I am irrationally angry at people in 8-team leagues

12 is my favorite. We're in a 10 team right now and it still feels like everyone has a stacked roster. I think I might try and talk them into a superflex next year to see if that helps.

• Options
    Superflex is the way

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    time to ram it into your bill

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    what
    why is the rock here again

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    It...BEGINS

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    what
    why is the rock here again

Does he have a movie to promote? I can't figure why else.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg