As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    On sides kick, that’s a weird choice.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    SEA 48 - 45 DET
    Final

That's Scorigami!! It's the 1073rd unique final score in NFL history.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    The Giants are 3-1 after Daniel Jones got hurt, left the game, Tyrod Taylor attempted suicide on the field and Jones then came back where they ran a seemingly impromptu wildcat to narrowly win the game.

This is more an indictment of the Bears offense then anything else.

The Giants are likely to start their third string quarterback in London next week.

https://youtu.be/OlDEzmSff3M

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Didn't @Preacher mention that Terry Bradshaw has not been looking well broadcast wise?

I'm reading rumors Terry has been fighting Cancer? Not confirmed, just "rumors" round the Net, but that could possibly answer that question?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Someone else had mentioned it, I said he's old and like took a lot of hits to the head.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Didn't Preacher mention that Terry Bradshaw has not been looking well broadcast wise?

I'm reading rumors Terry has been fighting Cancer? Not confirmed, just "rumors" round the Net, but that could possibly answer that question?

You might be thinking of this
    Terry Bradshaw really needs to retire from broadcasting

He's rapidly approaching Madden levels of senility

But I wasn't talking about his appearance, more that it feels like year over year he's having trouble keeping up with the conversation and increasingly stumbling through his highlight reel.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He and Lee Corso have stuck around too long.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I'm wondering how many games the Giants can win without a receiving corp

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Didn't Preacher mention that Terry Bradshaw has not been looking well broadcast wise?

I guess other people were wondering about that too;
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/nfl-terry-bradshaw-cancer-treatment-1.6603667
    According to him as of yesterday, he has fought cancer in the past year, but is saying he's currently cancer-free.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    It's insane how almost no one in sports broadcasting needs or is willing to retire. Mike Ditka (82) is still mumbling for ESPN despite no meaningful insight as he lost touch with the game at least 15-years ago. Bradshaw (74) is Bradshaw. Collinsworth (63) isn't as old, but his brain and chainsmoker voice are in race for which is totally gone first. Even Al Michael's (77) has shown no signs of retiring despite having more money than god.

This generation just won't fucking let go.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    It's insane how almost no one in sports broadcasting needs or is willing to retire. Mike Ditka (82) is still mumbling for ESPN despite no meaningful insight as he lost touch with the game at least 15-years ago. Bradshaw (74) is Bradshaw. Collinsworth (63) isn't as old, but his brain and chainsmoker voice are in race for which is totally gone first. Even Al Michael's (77) has shown no signs of retiring despite having more money than god.

I mean, that’s kinda the problem in other areas as well.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Change is scary. Why do you think we still have to deal with Buckman?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular

Albert Breer
    So much respect for @Rodney_Harrison
    . Great message, my man.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular

Chris Berman can disappear off to wherever the fuck any time now. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany time now. C'mon Chris, please.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular

Chris Berman can disappear off to wherever the fuck any time now. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany time now. C'mon Chris, please.

Perhaps he could…go…far…away.

I’ll see myself out.

• Options
    Mina Kimes comment about Bobby Wagner hitting the 'streaker' last night was hilarious and insightful! If you haven't seen the clip, the Manningcast had a good take also.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    maraji wrote: »

Perhaps he could…go…far…away.

I’ll see myself out.

Chris Berman and Tom Jackson were something special. There aren't any pre/post game shows worth watching.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular

Only for him to come back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back when the Bills make the Super Bowl.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So apparently Tom and Gisele have hired divorce attorneys, because this season isn't enough of a soap opera yet.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    To steal a joke from Twitter.
    “Gisele joins Eli and Foles as the only people to take a ring away from Tom”

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I read that last night. Feels kind of sad, like maybe there are other things going on, but on the surface this looks almost like addiction. Brady has a massive Fox deal waiting but he can't give up on football, and it may cost him his family.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I was thinking when I heard, how much of a workaholic do you have to be to have nine figures, your wife have more nine figures, your wife to be a supermodel, an even more lucrative job waiting for you, and already be widely regarded as the best of all time at your job...and you still can't bring yourself to retire to save your marriage?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well, I always sympathize with NFL players who retire before they lose interest in playing football, because for a lot of them I'm sure it is a job that brings them joy. I've never been forced to give up an activity that was fundamental to my daily life and I don't think I would handle it well if I was.

but either Brady is so obsessed with continuing to play football that he's willing to let the rest of his life fall apart in pursuit of it, or the rest of his life brings him so little happiness that it's worth sacrificing for another 14 games of football. Both of those are pretty fuckin' sad.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Try doing a thing for the better part of forty years. Have everybody call you the greatest to ever do it for the last twenty. Then tell me how easy it is to walk away from literally the only thing that makes you matter.

His insistance that he could keep playing into his mid-to-late forties was a giveaway.

• Options
    We're overthinking this.

This is clearly a midlife crisis. He wants to go back and do what he did twenty years ago.

...wait.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Shadowen wrote: »
    We're overthinking this.

This is clearly a midlife crisis. He wants to go back and do what he did twenty years ago.

...wait.

Needs to knock up a B-list actress and cheat on her with another Brazillian supermodel for the circle to be complete.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I just can't sympathize with a guy who could retire right now and live the rest of his life as one of the greatest to ever play his sport AND live in the life of luxury till his death. Like I'll work till I"m fucking 80 if I live that long and ain't no one saying shit about anything I did.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I'm team Tom on this one. Once it's over, it's over. When Mahomes is toppling his legacy in the next 12 years, he can't come back and pad his resume as the GOAT. Dude is the best in the world at his craft, that's a 1 in 7 billion accomplishment. He's not asking for another decade, just a year or two. I'd resent the hell out of a partner for the next 40 years if I was forced to quit something like that over 1 calendar year.

• Options
    in other news, Bortles retired...to quote The Good Place. BORTLES!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I'm team Tom on this one. Once it's over, it's over. When Mahomes is toppling his legacy in the next 12 years, he can't come back and pad his resume as the GOAT. Dude is the best in the world at his craft, that's a 1 in 7 billion accomplishment. He's not asking for another decade, just a year or two. I'd resent the hell out of a partner for the next 40 years if I was forced to quit something like that over 1 calendar year.

The problem is it's been "just one more year" for the last 4-5 years.

She spent years supporting him and this is her thanks.

All those years where he took less money and freed it up for the Pats to bring in more talent, he was only able to do that because his wife was the breadwinner.

But no, his ego won't let him step down until his body can no longer perform.

Fuck him. I hope he spends the rest of his miserable life alone and regretful.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    I'm all for Brady tanking the shit out of his legacy if only to make his anti science bullshit less palatable to people

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

All those years where he took less money and freed it up for the Pats to bring in more talent, he was only able to do that because his wife was the breadwinner.

The breadwinner stuff is something dumb announcers say because it's funny to these Neanderthals that a woman earns more than him. The fact is he's going to end his career with about 300 million in earnings and he's going to double that as a broadcaster. He could take less because he was given a fuckton.

What she enabled was a family. I don't know that I'd personally risk losing that, but I also know that 10 years after being forced to retire, I might be the one threatening divorce.

• Options
    Let's be fair: he was still getting paid like an NFL quarterback, not counting endorsements. He just wasn't get paid like Tom Fucking Brady arguably should have. He would have been fine. They would have been fine if she suddenly went broke. She only had to be the breadwinner if they wanted to graduate from "wealthy performers" to "hyper-wealthy industrialists." Which, it seems, they did.

Only he didn't want to make the jump.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    knitdan wrote: »

While yes she made way more money than him. Just about everyone on earth would be able to take a job that's only paying them 10m a year instead of 25m. Especially since when they got married he had already made 90 million just in salary.

The wife raising 3 kids and working a low level job while he goes to Law/Medical school this was not.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I will, at this time, humbly accept 10 million dollars instead of 25 million dollars, no no don't applaud, I do this for my family, for my country.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    In a perfect world Brady goes the way of Brett Farve gets caught grifting a charity and is talked about as a disgrace.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    In a perfect world Brady goes the way of Brett Farve gets caught grifting a charity and is talked about as a disgrace.

Just within five years of his retirement so we don't have to have the dumb discussion of removing someone from the hof after induction

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Brady’s contract was entirely in line for when it was signed. He didnt “trade down”. He signed a competitive contract that made him the highest (or second highest) paid QB at time of signing. But like all long contracts they’re front loaded

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Just within five years of his retirement so we don't have to have the dumb discussion of removing someone from the hof after induction

No way they don't put him in the hall even if it came out he was sacrificing blue eyed babies to a gristle to keep playing.

I personally just want a public embarrassing scandal that tarnishes his name and reduces the amount of Touchdown douche bag I have to see.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    #Bucs WR Cole Beasley has decided to retire effective immediately, his agents Joel and Justin Turner tell me and @MikeGarafolo. “He is ready to be with his family after playing in 11 seasons and it’s time to be a full time dad and husband.”

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac