Options

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    It's so bad that Highlight Heaven, which manages ten videos for pretty middling games, has only five with us in the last minute.

Update: there were seven videos by the end of regulation, and seven for OT and afterward, two of which were Richard Sherman having PTSD flashbacks to Superbowl 49 in the post-game roundtable and one of which was Broncos fans leaving before OT even started.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Amazon paid $13 billion over 11 years for Thursday Night Football. that's $1.18 billion per year. and there are 15 TNF games per year.
    If the math is correct, that's like 78 million a game, divided by the cost of a prime subscription and yeah...amazon was robbed.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    Amazon paid $13 billion over 11 years for Thursday Night Football. that's $1.18 billion per year. and there are 15 TNF games per year.
    If the math is correct, that's like 78 million a game, divided by the cost of a prime subscription and yeah...amazon was robbed.
    Yeah, but also it’s Jeff Bezos. And the dragon may have lost some gold.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Pailryder wrote: »
    Yeah, but also it’s Jeff Bezos. And the dragon may have lost some gold.

TNF has commercials. It does not exist solely on Prime subs.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    More Indy/Denver fun:

If a genie granted me one game to watch with my eyesight back, but it had to be this game, should I accept it?

Jake Olson is a former long snapper for USC who has been blind in both eyes since he was eight years old

He has a poll that is still open for the next two hours.

Fun with stats:

The Colts and Broncos have combined for -17 yards in the red zone tonight.

this is a real stat.

Jenna Harner is a Pittsburgh sports person.

• Options
    The NFL and the NFLPA cannot reach an agreement on the issues and so the updated concussion protocols may not be implemented for this weekend.

The issue? The NFL insists Miami followed the previous protocols and the PA disagrees. So, in spite of the fact that both sides agree changes should be make, fuck you, Miami totes didn't send Tagovailoa out to get killed because money.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    The NFL and the NFLPA cannot reach an agreement on the issues and so the updated concussion protocols may not be implemented for this weekend.

The issue? The NFL insists Miami followed the previous protocols and the PA disagrees. So, in spite of the fact that both sides agree changes should be make, fuck you, Miami totes didn't send Tagovailoa out to get killed because money.

NFL and Miami better fucking hope that Tua doesn't get a concussion (or worse), or they're gonna get destroyed.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular

The NFL and the NFLPA agree that the concussion protocols were followed properly, and they have agreed to add ataxia to the mandatory no-go for this weekends games.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    Packers off to an early lead, and seemingly a home crowd in London.

Giants looking to be a "get right" game for Green Bay. Playing from behind with a RB as your primary threat, isn't going to be easy.

But seriously, WTF was with that Rodgers TD pass? He whipped that outta there like it owed him money.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Ugh, this Packers team.

Offense is completely bipolar about the run game.
    Rodgers can't throw the long ball to save his life.
    Defense is completely gassed all the time and makes mediocre teams look elite.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Giants are being extremely well coached and Jones and co are playing extremely resilient football.

Y'all got beat.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Worst defense in the league and we’re losing players left and right.

Edit: Offensive falling apart now as well. Pats can’t move the ball well, so we might as well just give them points.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Dolphins’ QB Teddy Bridgewater is out of the game and being evaluated for a head injury.

#Dolphins QB Teddy Bridgewater was ruled out due to the concussion protocol, to be specific. He passed the tests administered by docs, but due to the new adjustments to the protocol and based on what the spotter saw, he was ruled out.

Teddy Bridgewater passed his concussion evaluation, per league source but the Booth Spotter ATC believed he saw Bridgewater stumble and triggered the new "ataxia" addition to the "no-go" symptoms in the NFL's amended concussion protocol

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The way that's being reported makes it feel like they thought he should have gotten back in. Like guys Concussions are not a rub some dirt on it and play some FOOTBAW!!!! Type shit you gomers.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    The way that's being reported makes it feel like they thought he should have gotten back in. Like guys Concussions are not a rub some dirt on it and play some FOOTBAW!!!! Type shit you gomers.

But it’s FOOTBAW!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Phantom holding call negates a brilliant Hawks TD

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Yeah, at this point, if the dude's wobbling ANY amount, he needs to be done for the day. This isn't fighting fire with fire: taking more hits to the head isn't going to improve his cognitive ability.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Jesse Christmas this is a flag-happy officiating crew

• Options
    edited October 2022
    knitdan wrote: »
    Phantom holding call negates a brilliant Hawks TD

I dunno, one view made it pretty clear that it was at least a 50/50 call.

In other news, "Lions are the highest scoring offense, and the highest scored against defense, in the league."

"We need to fix that." *monkey paw curls*

EDIT - When was the last time that both New York teams both won three games in a row over the same time? Cause nine minutes to go, nine points up, with the Dolphins running their third string QB makes it at least possible.

MorganV on
  • Options
    Brissett with a shit-ass INT on 3rd and goal down by two.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Absolutely terrible roughing the passer call goes against Atlanta.

• Options
    Aaaaaand the LA coach just farts the ball back to Cleveland.

What the fuck is up with coaches this year?

• Options
    Good to see Brady still gets preferential treatment on bullshit roughing calls no matter where he is.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Fuck's sake, Brady is a whiny bitch.

If that's "roughing the passer", then you just can't sack a QB anymore.

That the refs gave it to him, is just bullshit.

MorganV on
  • Options
    Gyral wrote: »
    Good to see Brady still gets preferential treatment on bullshit roughing calls no matter where he is.

Just make it against the rules to tackle Tom. At least the defense would know what’s going on.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Progress for the Lions this week. The Pats punted twice!

• Options

"With less than three minutes remaining in a one score game, Tom Brady took a sack on 3rd & 5.

However, he’s bailed out by one of the most abhorrent roughing the passer calls I’ve ever seen.

Absolute joke. Does any other QB in the league even get this call? Unreal screw job."
    - Tweeter is unverified. Video is utter bullshit.

• Options
    At this point, defenders might as well go for the injury shot because they're gonna get fucked by the refs either way.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Like, it’s not easy to be an NFL ref. But whoever blew that call should at least be suspended. Their should be some sort of consequence for being that bad at your job.

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    Like, it’s not easy to be an NFL ref. But whoever blew that call should at least be suspended. Their should be some sort of consequence for being that bad at your job.

Don't worry, they'll get either CCG or the Super Bowl.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    The NFL will say the defender unnecessarily slung him to the ground (to tackle him), and yeah that guy will be reffing in the playoffs.

It's definitely dumb.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And the part that always feels like adding insult to injury. The league will review the game and in a couple days will issue a comment that they shouldn’t have called it.

• Options
    It's Jerome Boger's crew. He'll be doing the Super Bowl. Again.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Oh, so we're flagging dudes for laying on top of players now? In the SF/CAR game. Delay of game I guess. Thought it was an accepted tactic for like the last 50 years.

Edit: And we don't flag a clear trip where the Panther kicks McCloud in the leg on a punt return. Holy shit, man.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I didn't see the play but preventing someone from getting up after the play is over will get called pretty much every time, especially in the last 2 minutes.

Same as kicking the ball down the field after the play.

Basically you don't have the right to burn the clock on defense.

Edit: and even if it's in the first quarter, it's a dick move so I don't have a problem with calling it

knitdan on
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

"With less than three minutes remaining in a one score game, Tom Brady took a sack on 3rd & 5.

However, he’s bailed out by one of the most abhorrent roughing the passer calls I’ve ever seen.

Absolute joke. Does any other QB in the league even get this call? Unreal screw job."

This sack looks a lot like the the one that fucked up Tua, but slower and more gentle and Brady didn't smack his head. This might be the refs cracking down extra hard on any kind of throwing down the QB, especially if it's Tom Brady.

• Options
    Xantomas wrote: »
    MorganV wrote: »

This sack looks a lot like the the one that fucked up Tua, but slower and more gentle and Brady didn't smack his head. This might be the refs cracking down extra hard on any kind of throwing down the QB, especially if it's Tom Brady.

I watched Red Zone for the early slate, and I saw at least a dozen hits/sacks to other QB's that were worse than this, and most way less meaningful in terms of if a flag should be thrown. It's why I mentioned him being a whiny bitch in the first post. If this was anyone else, it gets called as such maybe 1 in 50.

The question becomes, if that's a foul, and that's how it's supposed to be enforced, how the hell do you sack a QB? Especially one of the more agile fuckers, like Kyler, Hurtz or Jackson?

You want to use that as an example of "protecting the QB", then implement a two hand touch tackle rule for sacks. It'd suck, but it's better than making the QB essentially untouchable.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    They put together a package of clips, Tom took hits harder than that in the same game that weren’t flagged.

In fact, the opposing quarterback was tackled in the same way, earlier in the same game, and no flag was thrown.

Marathon on
  • Options
    Also Jerome Boger was interviewed after the game and specifically denied Tua's injury being a factor in the Brady call

He's just a bad ref who should be out of the game

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Panthers fired HC Matt Rhule, who has gone 11-27 during his three seasons in Carolina.

Rhule leaves Carolina with four years left on the seven-year contract he received from Panthers’ owner David Tepper in January 2020.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac