Options

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    If Dan Snyder thinks he is going to come out on top ,over all the other "STRONK MEN/WOMEN! Billionaire owners In the NFL.

Laugh, out fucking loud. Delusions of Grandeur Danny. Been hanging out on his IMAX Yacht for too long.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    i mean
    i would still like him to try to burn the house down though

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    i mean
    i would still like him to try to burn the house down though

yeah this is a battle of assholes for me, but I don't think Snyder can win because again its not like the NFL hides how awful they and their owners are. Like they didn't hide that he literally pimped his cheerleaders out against their will! And didn't get into trouble for that!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Well, at least the orange vs brown colors feels very Fall-esque.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Well, at least the orange vs brown colors feels very Fall-esque.

Someone on my social asked why it looks like Clemson v Alabama.

The response, "No, those two teams are capable."

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Can someone explain why "ineligible man downfield" is a thing?

I'm not saying they should be eligible receivers, but if you want to give up protecting the QB to force the opposition back, doesn't seem like it should be punishable.

That there's a difference between a running play (where they can move beyond the line) and a passing play (where they can't), and them having their back to the person who makes that decision (on unscripted or RPO plays), makes it seem arbitrary.

What am I missing?

Side note, looks like we might be getting a monkey paw situation on "Broncos/Colts was the worst TNF game ever".

EDIT - Aaaaaand a RZ turnover, because Fields threw the ball off an opponent's helmet.

MorganV on
  • Options
    And that sack of Wentz to end the first drive of the second quarter, shows why the two controversial ones (Brady and Carr) suck so fucking much.

Bears linebacker gets a limited shot on Wentz. Gets his arms around him. Wentz ducks under and escapes (temporarily).

If you can't tackle them with any intensity, more agile QB's are never going to be capable of being sacked.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    At this rate bezos is gonna take some of his space money and buy the commanders from snyder

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Outside of a special teams play, or a fumble/interception deep, I can see this game going 0-0.

Both offenses just seem completely overmatched.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Outside of a special teams play, or a fumble/interception deep, I can see this game going 0-0.

Nah, the Bears are moving the ball just fine. They've been down inside the 5 twice. I'm dubious about this touchdown guarantee from Michaels, though.

• Options
    The Bears, if they'd just taken a knee once inside the 20 and kicked the ball, would at least be up 6. This is woeful.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Maybe Amazon could alter their deal and allow people to submit plays for the teams to perform. At least then it might be fun.

Also, I am glad I do not have a Prime subscription and look forward to missing the next decade of TNF. Thanks, Obama!

• Options
    33 consecutive flea flickers! They'll never see it coming!

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited October 2022

I'm not saying they should be eligible receivers, but if you want to give up protecting the QB to force the opposition back, doesn't seem like it should be punishable.

That there's a difference between a running play (where they can move beyond the line) and a passing play (where they can't), and them having their back to the person who makes that decision (on unscripted or RPO plays), makes it seem arbitrary.

What am I missing?

Side note, looks like we might be getting a monkey paw situation on "Broncos/Colts was the worst TNF game ever".

EDIT - Aaaaaand a RZ turnover, because Fields threw the ball off an opponent's helmet.

I think a screen play where the line is moving forward as a wedge would be very hard for defenses to counter act. One of the big weaknesses of screens is that they need to be 'set up' with the linemen moving horizontally. If they are able to go out and engage the DB/LBs trying to knife down well past the line of scrimmage, it becomes really hard for the defense.

Same thing if you spring them out in front of a WR running a crossing route. Stuff like zone becomes maybe unplayable if theres a lineman or two already in the LBs area as the WR comes across. Acting as picks and lead blockers as soon as the WR has the ball.

e: Like yeah a free runner is a problem, but if the offense knows where that free runner is coming from its a lot less so, and the ball moves faster than the defense can chase it.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

What am I missing?

I am! Make everyone an eligible receiver, who gives a damn?

Also this would get rid of a bunch of archaic, esoteric rules like "covering up an eligible receiver" that only exist to delineate eligibility and non-eligibility for the refs

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    FG with 0:46 left in the second. 3-0

Cowards. Commit to the bit

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I'm not saying they should be eligible receivers

I am! Make everyone an eligible receiver, who gives a damn?

I, for one, am on board with bring the Nuffle Amorical Football to the masses where it belongs.

• Options
    edited October 2022

Nah, the Bears are moving the ball just fine. They've been down inside the 5 twice. I'm dubious about this touchdown guarantee from Michaels, though.

That depends on if Fields survives the game. He's getting smacked around like noone's business.

ADDIT-
    "Justin, do you think you can beat Washington?"
    "No sweat."
    "Really, you're that confident?"
    "As long as they can keep Montez off me. That guy wants to kill me."

MorganV on
  • Options
    Al Michaels ALLLLLL outta fucks.

I saw the report that Snyder was looking for blackmail on other owners to avoid being ousted, but it seemed like speculation.

Michaels reporting it as news during the broadcast, and saying that the best move for the NFL would be Snyder selling the team.

Never heard a commentator go after an owner so brazenly during a game.

• Options
    Ohh look another accusation against Watson. So another suspension incoming right? Right?

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Ohh look another accusation against Watson. So another suspension incoming right? Right?

Wait, whahappa?

Please tell me that this is at least a Texas incident, and not a Cleveland one.

Cause if he's done it SINCE the accusations in Texas, he deserves to be punted from the league.

• Options
    No its back from when he was in Texas.

But this was an obvious problem when the league didn't ban him for life. The original 24 or w/e number claims weren't likely to be all of them.

So now when another 1 or 2 or 10 come forward what do you do? This isn't some sort of class action thing, where they all get put into a class. He was 'punished' for 24 distinct actions, now there's a 25th. Its a new item.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Twenty-four was those involved in lawsuits. The number of those he did something to is sixty plus.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    The NFL may fine Brady for kicking a defender who sacked him.

What are they going to do? Make him stay married?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    No its back from when he was in Texas.

But this was an obvious problem when the league didn't ban him for life. The original 24 or w/e number claims weren't likely to be all of them.

So now when another 1 or 2 or 10 come forward what do you do? This isn't some sort of class action thing, where they all get put into a class. He was 'punished' for 24 distinct actions, now there's a 25th. Its a new item.

Iirc they actually only punished him for 4 of the allegations- the NFL declined to use all of the victims in their case against Watson

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Oh yeah that “hilariously” reminds me that of the victims the NFL contacted as part of their investigation, they asked what the victims were wearing- presumably the ones who said “I was dressed like a Halloween costume skank” were dropped from the proceedings

• Options
    Tagovailoa and Bridgewater have both cleared concussion protocol. Bridgewater will be the backup this weekend. Tagovailoa will return next week against Pittsburgh. That it's Sunday Night Football is totes a coincidence.

• Options
    Map check

The Fox map has some weird little spots.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    BS call to overturn the pick-6 against the Packers

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    BS call to overturn the pick-6 against the Packers

Nah, it clearly hit the turf.

Interceptions have always been weird for me. A receiver bats the ball up in the air, and it's recorded as a QB fault?

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I don’t think it was that clear, it’s hitting the turf at the same time it hits his hand. When it’s ambiguous like that the call is supposed to stand.

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    I don’t think it was that clear, it’s hitting the turf at the same time it hits his hand. When it’s ambiguous like that the call is supposed to stand.

If it's simultaneous, it's an incomplete pass. AFAICT that's always the way that gets ruled.

• Options
    1st & 10 at MIN 24
    (3:45 - 1st) PENALTY on MIA-R.Hunt, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 24 - No Play

1st & 15 at MIN 29
    (3:24 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass deep left to T.Sherfield pushed ob at MIN 9 for 20 yards (H.Smith). PENALTY on MIA-C.Williams, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 29 - No Play

1st & 20 at MIN 34
    (2:57 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass short middle to R.Cracraft to MIN 2 for 32 yards (H.Smith, C.Bynum). PENALTY on MIA-L.Eichenberg, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at MIN 34 - No Play

1st & 30 at MIN 44
    (2:23 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass short middle to J.Waddle to MIN 26 for 18 yards (H.Smith)

2nd & 12 at MIN 26
    (1:37 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass short right to T.Hill pushed ob at MIN 17 for 9 yards (C.Bynum). PENALTY on MIA-A.Ingold, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at MIN 26 - No Play

2nd & 22 at MIN 36
    (1:08 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass incomplete short right to T.Conner

3rd & 22 at MIN 36
    (1:04 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass short left to J.Waddle to MIN 30 for 6 yards (P.Jones; C.Dantzler). PENALTY on MIA-T.Sherfield, Offensive Holding, 6 yards, enforced at MIN 36

3rd & 28 at MIN 42
    (0:32 - 1st) S.Thompson pass incomplete short right to T.Hill

4th & 28 at MIN 42
    (0:31 - 1st) T.Morstead punts 42 yards to end zone, Center-B.Ferguson, Touchback

What the fucking fuck, Miami.

False Start, Ineligible Downfield, Offensive Holding, Offensive PI, Offensive Holding.

All on the one set of downs.

• Options
    1st & 10 at MIN 24
    (3:45 - 1st) PENALTY on MIA-R.Hunt, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 24 - No Play

1st & 15 at MIN 29
    (3:24 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass deep left to T.Sherfield pushed ob at MIN 9 for 20 yards (H.Smith). PENALTY on MIA-C.Williams, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 29 - No Play

1st & 20 at MIN 34
    (2:57 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass short middle to R.Cracraft to MIN 2 for 32 yards (H.Smith, C.Bynum). PENALTY on MIA-L.Eichenberg, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at MIN 34 - No Play

1st & 30 at MIN 44
    (2:23 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass short middle to J.Waddle to MIN 26 for 18 yards (H.Smith)

2nd & 12 at MIN 26
    (1:37 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass short right to T.Hill pushed ob at MIN 17 for 9 yards (C.Bynum). PENALTY on MIA-A.Ingold, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at MIN 26 - No Play

2nd & 22 at MIN 36

3rd & 22 at MIN 36
    (1:04 - 1st) (Shotgun) S.Thompson pass short left to J.Waddle to MIN 30 for 6 yards (P.Jones; C.Dantzler). PENALTY on MIA-T.Sherfield, Offensive Holding, 6 yards, enforced at MIN 36

3rd & 28 at MIN 42

4th & 28 at MIN 42
    (0:31 - 1st) T.Morstead punts 42 yards to end zone, Center-B.Ferguson, Touchback

False Start, Ineligible Downfield, Offensive Holding, Offensive PI, Offensive Holding.

This is how we know Tagovailoa isn't any good as a QB.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    1st & 10 at MIN 24

1st & 15 at MIN 29

1st & 20 at MIN 34

1st & 30 at MIN 44

2nd & 12 at MIN 26

2nd & 22 at MIN 36

3rd & 22 at MIN 36

3rd & 28 at MIN 42

4th & 28 at MIN 42

This is how we know Tagovailoa isn't any good as a QB.

Now Skylar Thompson to the locker room after hitting his hand on a helmet.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    J
    e
    t
    s
    Jets
    Jets
    Jets
    Jets

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Tox wrote: »
    J
    e
    t
    s
    Jets
    Jets
    Jets
    Jets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0TYIO6yv4

You had told me even just two weeks ago, that both the Jets and Giants would beat the Packers in back to back game, I'd have called you a liar.

Still some time to go, and Rodgers can't ever be counted out (and the Jets ability to self-destruct), but given how anemic the Packers O has been against the Jets D, and with Cobb seemingly out, I wouldn't bet against the Jets at this point, even if the Jets O don't do anything the rest of the game.

MorganV on
  • Options
    I'm done with Rodgers, so this kind of outcome pleases me.

Hey, Aaron! Just got my bivalent vax. Go fuck yourself.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    So. I have missed some of this ravens/giants game but like. Holy hell a lot of drops. Maybe I just saw each and every one

Edit:
    That might be the worst play I have seen this year. On the run throwing across the body into traffic for a result that doesn’t get you the first down even if it doesn’t get intercepted. Obviously gets intercepted with 2:30 left to give the giants an easy lead

Edit; if they can convert lol.

Edit: not sure that is PI. Seems like a flop.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/christian-mccaffrey-trade-rumors-panthers-would-want-multiple-first-round-picks-in-possible-trade-per-report/
    "Christian McCaffrey trade rumors: Panthers would want multiple first-round picks in possible trade, per report"

Good fucking luck. He's an awesome player when he's healthy. But he seems absolutely snakebit, and anyone who signs him without a "if he gets injured we get compensation" is committing GM malpractice.