Options

[D&D ?E] The Vastness Beyond - End Times

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Kirina finds an open room near the entrance and drops off her stuff. First on the right seems open so far (I think?).

As sunset approaches, she climbs all the way to the upper floor where it is exposed to the elements, and just breathes in the dusk air, quiet and thinking. She sits there savoring the growing darkness.

Then, after it's properly dark (probably an hour or so later?), she heads back down and announces to the group (or at least, anyone not in their rooms) that she's going to start cleaning up the toilets and wash basins. She welcomes help if anyone joins, and she'll do it herself if not. The work probably won't be finished, but she'll keep at it for a few hours before retiring to bed.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    After claiming a room as an armory and leaving his ball and chain, Simon went about the the dry and boring task of maintaining a life. He dropped his pack in an empty room. It was nothing special but it afforded him the privacy he was accustomed to and the chance to stop masking his illness. faces appeared at the edge of his vision and in the silence a whisper appeared in his ear. Confidently alone and safe, he was able to ignore them. He had seen and heard things that weren't there for as long as he could remember. He took off his armor and began examine it for any damage. he ate a little, he maintained his equipment, and he thought. The Twinned Gardens. They were so close. Was Hildegarde there? Would he perhaps find the means to control his mind, which so often betrayed him? He would need to convince the group to accompany him. Once the path was open to it he knew he couldn't resist it. There were too many questions and he had waited too long. He needed to do some community building.

After a time Simon rejoined the rest of the group. When Kirina arrived to announce her intentions to clean the toilets and wash basins Simon was happy to assist. He enjoyed his solitude but too much time alone with no tasks to accomplish brought on strange thoughts he'd sooner avoid. What better way to pass the time then necessary work?

"Seems a worthwhile task if we are to call this place home for some time. I'll assist." Simon said. He was self-conscious of the way his tendency to look to the edges of his vision when talking to someone was so pronounced with his mask gone so he made special effort to look at Kirina straight on while talking to her.

While they work Simon asks a question "You serve a god? Sorry, perhaps that's too personal a question. We all know so little of each other..."

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Adventurers

This all purely for flavour. The belfry is a pretty nebulous, theatre of the mind place.
    Your voices echoing around, making the place feel closer, cosier. It welcomes life. The squatters are easy to get along with and have made no move to watch your activities about the place (or listen, in the old woman’s case). The sun slinks away slowly, leaving a golden glow by dusk. All across the lake large feathers drift about. Every few minutes a bird—crows, cranes, kingfishers—plucks one from the surface to add to their nest.

w1sfucvs5rq4.png

1. The old woman lives and sleeps on a big pile of rags and possessions. She washes herself and her bedding in the lake, leaving the area inseparable to your nose from that of the lake, but she’s not filthy. Her preference is simply to avoid stairs and enclosed spaces.
    2. Simon noticed this room had a strong looking pair of hooks on the wall, and there he mounted the ball and chain. In time it’ll make a fine armoury.
    3. Kirina no doubt needs more space than the slight bedrooms to conduct divine rituals and prayer, the details of which will no doubt become clear over time. Under a dirty cloth an unfinished painting of the night sky was found by her, no bigger than a dinner plate. Any would be welcome here, to conduct whatever ceremony they believe in.
    4. Solomon propped up a legless table on a flat rock he hauled in from the lake. He rolled out his map (the biggest and least accurate, but most artistic) and held it in place with pebbles. The war room, for proper planning.
    5. Totally empty, but imagination comes first, then—magic! Arthur, and all spell-casters, can use this room to experiment and conduct arcane rituals. In his mind’s eye, he pictures an alchemist’s kit right there, and a shelf of scrolls and tomes right… there!
    6. Much cleaner; where you’ll freshen up when you’re spending time here.

Took some liberties there, but it takes nothing to rework these empty rooms into empty rooms with other names.

clnd59ezz8bg.png

Up the staircases is a cobweb filled floor with a hole cut into it, a circle the exact diameter of the bell above it. This floor may come in handy too, for some purpose. One wall is partially exposed to the elements, to allow the bell’s toll to travel across the lake all the better.

3jex6syzjtmm.png

The bell itself is etched with runes of an unknown language. There’s a power to it, you don’t need magic in your blood to feel it. Warding, you’re sure. Gruush and Alzav can downright smell it; it makes the hairs on your arms stand on end.

Overall its quite a defensible position.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options

While they work Simon asks a question "You serve a god? Sorry, perhaps that's too personal a question. We all know so little of each other..."

Extremely interested in your response @kime and there’s an Inspiration Die in it for you both once you have.

• Options
    It's Easter, so a bit busy. Eggs! Two questions.

Are you using an existing pantheon?

Do people in different lands share gods? ie if I name one here is it likely someone else would recognize it?

Steam profile
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Solomon spends a portion of the night in reflection and prayer. He felt his strength beginning to return. It had been a long time since he'd seen battle and his instincts had lain dormant. But like an old blade, he began to resharpen and rehone, regaining the sharpness he used to have.

Level up flavor!

I have prepared Cure Wounds, Heroism and Purify Food and Drink for the days spells

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    It's Easter, so a bit busy. Eggs! Two questions.

Are you using an existing pantheon?

Do people in different lands share gods? ie if I name one here is it likely someone else would recognize it?

Weekends are basically my DM days off. I’m in no rush.

Whatever you’re most comfortable with; you don’t have to invent a god if you’d rather draw from an established source. A new name for it might be nice though.

They don’t always share a pantheon, but religions brush up against each other at borders and in cities of trade. Everyone! If you think it’d be more fun to know, or not to know, that’s up to you.

I’m thinking Alzav’s homeland is far from your own, far enough not to know. I imagine Solomon’s homeland is pretty strict about the one or two that are officially endorsed. Arthur has speed read more than one book listing known gods, surely. Any thoughts gang?

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I say name one, and tell folks if you are open to it being recognized or not. If you are, people can decide if they know of it/heard of it, if not, you can name someone that everyone just shrugs at.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    I say name one, and tell folks if you are open to it being recognized or not. If you are, people can decide if they know of it/heard of it, if not, you can name someone that everyone just shrugs at.

Yeah!

Divine inspiration:
    lk4akbpscy9r.jpeg
    afxsrewkrt9u.jpeg
    6nydslpaoui7.jpeg
    c3e7t5hoi5ue.jpeg

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    zfuzqm60cm8v.png

After a brief rest, Alzav returns to the main chambers and begins collecting a motley assortment of chipped cups and shallow bowls from the recesses around the belfry. Perhaps they were once used to make offerings in this place? Who can say. "Are the gods alive here?" he murmurs to himself, "Or is it as at home, where they have all died, and only the church marches on?"

"May I share your fire, friend?" Alzav sits across from Gruush, and sets about boiling a small kettle of water for tea while he cleans the cups as best he can. "I have not hungered or thirsted at all since arriving here. Strange. Have you? Perhaps that is part of this place. But, respite is part of humanity. This is something we can protect." He offers Gruush the first cup - something dark and smelling of earthy spices, flaked honey, and dried wood. "Careful. Hot."

Level 2! FYI I will be traveling most of the day tomorrow, and may or may not be able to post before evening (eastern US time). Alzav will defer to the group as to the next destination, but maintains his vote for the catacombs.

Also happy Easter for all who enjoy bunnies, pastels, saviors, chocolate, and/or eggs, in any particular order or combination.

• Options

Still cleaning, Kirina smiles. "I do. I follow the goddess Xiwang'di. She is... one of the more flexible gods, I've found. As a goddess of change and transitions, she welcomes growth in how one worships. She welcomes an evolution in the areas under her domain."

Kirina thinks for a moment, pausing in her cleaning and scrubbing. The smile fades and she stares out at nothing, thinking. A moment passes, and she speaks again, "I was drawn to her initially as the goddess of 'hope for the future.' Dusk, the chance to rest after a long day's work. Dawn, the joy of starting anew. The birth of a child. The blossoming of love...

Of course, eventually children, love, the darkness of night and the light of the sun, they all fall under some other god or goddess' domain. But at the start, when it's the promise of something better, that's when Xiwang'di watches."

Kirina resumes cleaning. "But like I said. She accepts many forms of worship, and her dominion adjusts over time as the beliefs of her followers do. It... helps give longevity to those her worship her. I-- we-- anyone can continue to follow her, even if their reasons differ from what they once were. Not all gods are so accepting."

Kirina would continue to make small-talk with Simon while they clean a bit more, but that's all she offers about her beliefs right now.

What a long day haha. But the kiddo had fun, so that's the important part! And now that she's finally collapsed in bed I have time to write this up. Now it's bedtime for me and Kirina both I think :D . Then we get to decide where we're going on the morrow.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Have we wrapped up the night and need to decide on where we are going?

I know I haven't chimed in, but I think I only saw a couple actual votes (between Wolfen and the catacombs), so I think a couple people haven't voted yet either.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    DM thoughts:
    - Do you ring the bell before you head out? It’ll take at least two of you.
    - Any final queries, to each other or the sage?
    - Oudru Catacombs is in the lead, with Wolfen Run in second place, and one vote for Drossmire. We’ll be heading to the catacombs unless there is significant push for elsewhere before 1900GMT. Change votes as much as you like ‘til then.
    - One of you can do a Survival check to pick some plants if you fancy it.

Kirina and Simon have earned an Inspiration Die each!

The day is clear and bright. Wispy clouds are blowing westbound.

s8g393cys9h8.jpeg

Sat on her pile of blankets and rags, the old woman is speaking to the sage, who answers with dutiful ‘mhm’s as she babbles away.

Fenwing has become a feast for the local wildlife over night, from the smallest insect up to a family of skittish black foxes.

amp49glsoi43.jpeg

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options

I know I haven't chimed in, but I think I only saw a couple actual votes (between Wolfen and the catacombs), so I think a couple people haven't voted yet either.

Kirina voted for the Drossmire

DM question: we keeping track of food and water and such?

Steam profile
  • Options

I’m thinking one ration each per journey to a new area, at least. Extended stays in an area will cost you another ration each. Never worry at the belfry.

However, it’s nothing a good Survival roll can’t solve. I’ve never really believed it possible to run out of food and water in a pre-industrial world, unless you’re marching through an unfamiliar desert. It’s temperate from here to the neighbouring areas, like Western Europe. If you do run out of rations you’ll be using up time—things will move on around you—but not much else.

If you think the wildlife and plants of an area would be mostly poisonous you might want to go out of your way to stock up on rations beforehand…

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    "May I share your fire, friend?" Alzav sits across from Gruush, and sets about boiling a small kettle of water for tea while he cleans the cups as best he can. "I have not hungered or thirsted at all since arriving here. Strange. Have you? Perhaps that is part of this place. But, respite is part of humanity. This is something we can protect." He offers Gruush the first cup - something dark and smelling of earthy spices, flaked honey, and dried wood. "Careful. Hot."

Gruush has spent the evening watching the fire obsessively, turning the bird upon a "spit" recovered from under a falling bit of masonry. He tried to wipe the metal clean as best he could, but the effort was...mixed...at best. He rubs the sides of the bird periodically with random herbs and plants he managed to obtain growing around the Belfry...
    This certainly isn't Gruush's strong suit, but mixing some scavenged garlic and ditch-grass in for flavor definitely seems like something he'd do, especially if he was trying to "impress company"

Geth roll 1d20-1 Survival

When the sides are fully-roasted and Gruush can pull his knife clean from the center of the bird, he begins carefully slicing off fine cuts from the meat. These eventually come to sit upon the plate he had recovered from the chest, and as the others take their leisure about the building, Gruush brings them each a few slices of the seasoned-Heron. He starts with the Snail-Woman, presenting the pair each a quiet, head-down nod of appreciation, hoping that his offering is acceptable to come into their home. To the rest of the party, he drops their meal off subtly, discretely: shoved in under doorways, or placed atop nearby tables without ceremony. At the center of each cut of seared Heron-meat, a single Aventurine pearl sits in the middle, a garnishing gift.

Gruush, meek and crouched but quick-as-a-whip, moves over immediately to better share the fire with Alzaz. He shakes his head in agreement at the Sorcerer's question. "Needed-neither-drink-nor-drop," the Rogue says, carefully pulling up the bottom of his mask by the beard to sup tea from beneath. He slurps greedily for awhile, before sighing contently and pulling his mask back down to address the man once more. "Still, people just like to sup, yeah? Even if they en't really need it. Makes 'em feel..." Gruush looks for the words, but they fail him, and he finally shrugs his shoulders at Alzaz. "...dunno. More "real"? Doubt those criers in the field we stumbled in on get much eats, these days..." Feeling he's overstepped, Gruush retreats nervously back to his plate, grotesquely pushing the Heron steak up and underneath his mask...

As the crouched-man gnaws away at the meal, Gruush cranes his neck around, staring over at the area of the Bell. He jerks a thumb over at Alzav, pointing upwards. "That bell then...? Some strong protective magics, no? Who would've built such a place? An' fer' why?"

Survival:
    1d20-1 11 [1d20=12]

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Adventures

Gruush has given each of you a green gem worth 50 gold coins along with a well done meal!

Gruush

Everything you mixed into the meat is edible, or at least, won’t kill anyone.

You made no discoveries. The plants looked like plants you’d get anywhere.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Artist's rendering of Gruush eating:
    fwtsk4bxy7a9.png

Things start to get real interesting if Gruush can last until Level 3, but for now he scores a Cunning Reaction:
    Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

We're rolling Hit Die, correct? If so, doing that now:
    Geth roll 1d8 HP

HP:
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]

• Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    "Who would build a haven?" Alzav smiled, "Anyone, of course."

Alzav likes the idea of ringing the bell when the conversation turns to leaving, but he'd want to ask the woman and the snail what they know of it and if they'd mind - anything it calls may find them alone./i]

• Options

I’m thinking one ration each per journey to a new area, at least. Extended stays in an area will cost you another ration each. Never worry at the belfry.

However, it’s nothing a good Survival roll can’t solve. I’ve never really believed it possible to run out of food and water in a pre-industrial world, unless you’re marching through an unfamiliar desert. It’s temperate from here to the neighbouring areas, like Western Europe. If you do run out of rations you’ll be using up time—things will move on around you—but not much else.

If you think the wildlife and plants of an area would be mostly poisonous you might want to go out of your way to stock up on rations beforehand…

I apparently picked starting equipment with VERY LITTLE rations, so we'll see how interesting this gets :D:D

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Arthur had been studying more in his room when the sound of something scraping by his door caught his attention. Turning back to look, he finds a plate of what appears to be food shoved under and through. He walks over and picks it up carefully, setting it down on the small table. It's meat of some type, and a gemstone sits top it. The wizard smiles, moving the gem to his pack, and eats the food contentedly.

After finishing, he exits his room, intent on tracking down whoever it was that had handed it off and thanking them. Once he exits, however, his eyes are immediately drawn to the large bell that is hanging on the second floor, just a little further up the stairs from his room, and partially exposed to the elements. Pulling his robe tighter, he treks across towards it.

Book in one hand and new magical quill in the other, he studies the bell, pouring over it's details as he sketches a picture of it, noting points of interest.

I desperately want to pull Arthur into conversations because he feels like the happy go lucky type that would just assume he's welcome everywhere, but every time Endless posts, I find something that would draw the book obsessed wizard away from social interaction and into some sort of study.

Not sure if you'd want investigation or arcana, but they are both the same modifier for me. Arthur is fully checking it out, but generally is always looking for magical aspects to everything in this world, so of the two I'd think he'd be more arcana focused.

Edit: I just finished up an IRL campaign as a wizard a couple weeks back, and the running joke was that every time he rolled Arcana, he was always beat by someone else (was a +9 plus 1d4 by the end) and it frustrated the crap out of me. I feel like Geth has just righted that wrong.

Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Investigation/Arcana

Investigation/Arcana:
    1d20+5 25 [1d20=20]

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    I've got 5 days worth of Rations if anyone needs to share, and Gruush is a gross little scavenger who will be looking for eats in the wild
    "Who would build a haven?" Alzav smiled, "Anyone, of course."

Gruush mulls this for awhile. "Thass' all fine an' good," The Rogue replies between mouthfuls, measuredly. "But then, where did "anyone" go afterwards? Why wouldn't they be at their haven, if it's so good?"

The masked man shrugs. "Seems like a waste for whoever built it, s'all...not that I'm complaining our good fortune, o' course!..."

Endless, you said there was a Rune carved in the floor at the center of the place, beneath the Bell. Would me and Alzav recognize anything about it/be able to roll Arcana to try to ID it and maybe learn something more about the tower/who built it/for what?

• Options
    Alzav

Gruush is halfway up one of the staircases as your conversation with the sage and his elderly companion reaches its conclusion.

“—and while we cannot be certain of their number, it is clear that they sought out this place for its solitude. Without the blessing of the stars, the Enthroned would waste no effort to claim it. The bell is enchanted such that it casts a spell of denial. Without the care of its makers, it is of lesser strength… but I believe it is to keep the undead, wild beasts, or even both at bay! For a little while, at least.”

“I’d have give it a pull, but my arms aren’t what they used to be,” the old woman says, “and his arms aren’t any!”

“Quite so.”, the sage agrees.

They’re prepared to face the bell’s toll. They seem without fear.

• Options
    Gruush will be one to pull the bell when the group departs, hoping to keep the place safe from intrusion. He'll quietly treat the Old Woman and Snail like cherished grandparents- he hasn't found a lot of safe places to live, in his time

Gruush is ready to depart for wherever, after that!

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Arthur

Does the sage not know? He must. Clearly the language carved into the bell isn’t unknown, it is simply a code written in circles rather than from left to right. That flick is ‘t’… if you add one across for each letter written… ah!

Something of the Alarm spell is in it, a dash of Turn Undead—some parts are readable but not within your preview (yet!), about an underlying resonance, a sound. Echoes. The bell doesn’t just cast a spell, it uses the water and the surrounding space to bounce the sound carrying spell back, layering itself! Incredibly efficient spell work.

It’s divine magic, but… not from the heavens? That’s a tough one to understand.

You also realise that a bell, itself, as an instrument, has an inherent quality of protection in the Vastness Beyond. Could simply ringing a bell, of any size, have some effect under the right circumstances? Yes. Yes it would.

Gruush

The symbol is wholly of this land. It is not seen outside the fog. I’ll make it plain if you ever see it elsewhere.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    "If it should keep this place safe, then we should ring the bell." Solomon sees Arthur studying the bell, "What say you, young Arthur? Would you help me get this bell ringing?"

• Options
    Adventurers

Rolling up your sleeves, you quickly reckon how the bell gets to swinging. Hard labour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bqpHuloKZs

The first toll lifts the dust from the floors, the second blasts it out across the lake, by the third every bird that can is skyward, seemingly brought into a single circling flock by the power of the bell. You feel the air pop, and your minds are momentarily emptied of doubt, as if the world had only eight souls in it and all other eyes could not rest upon you.

• Options
    Arthur

Add another language to your character sheet: Belfry Cant.

You can read and write this language, but you cannot speak it until you have heard it. You have disadvantage on Persuasion, Intimidation and Deception checks in this language.

• Options
    Arthurs eyes go wide as his hand speedily captures notes. The structure of what the bell was laying down was a feat of genius, wrapping multiple protective magics together, and then utilizing the environment to extend the reach of the spell even further. He was furiously scratching notes, flipping to a new page as he started to capture his own ideas of how this stacking of magic could potentially be reused in the future. It would need time and study to perfect, he was no where near being skilled enough yet to be able to casually cast things like this.

He was still scribbling in his book when he heard Solomon call out from below. He looks down through the hole in the center, yelling out "We need to ring this bell!" quickly following that by saying "Hold on."

He rushes down the stairs towards Solomon, extending an open book towards the other man. "This bell has multiple magics wrapped together, stacking spells to help both protect as well as indicate danger. Alarm, Turn undead, others to still be discovered, " he is speaking very quickly now, some of his words blending together in excitement. "And it bases all of it upon sound, using the very features of this land to extend and reverberate the protections. It's incredible, very complex magic, utilizing formula that likely took ages to discover. They likely started with a pair of spells, understanding where the runes would need to be laid down and layered without damaging the spell purpose. But then how would they managed to integrate the sounds, the echos themselves...."

Arthur trails off in thought for a moment, then realizes he's still standing here and snaps to again. "Right. Anyways. We need to ring this, and ring it right now. It should provide sufficient protection for this place, and given what we saw on the way here, we'll need it."

• Options

zyn1mn4p5qom.jpeg

Arthur would definitely write his name in this newly discovered language in his notebook.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    The Journey to Oudru Catacombs

Feelings are mixed as your desires pull you to all points of the compass, but it is unquestionable that the mountains stretch along the border to your nameless abode and the looming threat of the undead spilling down as you sleep is nightmarish.

Simon takes the lead with the chipper lad Arthur, while Solomon and Karina hold rearguard (perhaps mulling over what they could have said to be more convincing). Gruush is… certainly around, if you look hard enough. Alzav is the middle man, outwardly serene as you begin the hard trek east.

The belfry behind you, the land changes into rolling hills in short order. Ancient oak trees dot the hillside, outshining gnarled pear trees and bleached beech trees that lean at odd angles. The ground is drier, the grasses less lush by the yard.

I can’t remember the rules for travelling in 5E but they’re probably not amazing so I’m just going to make something up.

Simon! Make a Perception check! You will ensure the party arrives with haste… or wastes the day, arriving at nightfall at the foot of the mountains.

Arthur! Make an Investigation check! You’ll draw the route, noting problem areas along the way, to make the return trip smooth… or just as rough.

Gruush! Make a Stealth check! Should trouble cross your path, you’ll keep the party’s head down… or leave them open to attack!

Alzav! Make a Survival check! There will be obstacles on the way, and a keen mind is needed to overcome them… or fall prey to nature’s indifference.

Kirina! Make a Medicine check! The trek will be hard, but by properly leveraging everyone’s skills you will avoid exhaustion… or someone will surely falter.

Solomon! Make an Perception check! Threats won’t always arrive from the front, and so you watch… but how good are your eyes these days?

You each use up 1 ration.

Whether your hike is a quick montage, a series of challenges or tons of combat will lay in the roll of the dice. Leverage what you have at your disposal to get the best results!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pxd8wtlBkw&list=PL69SDrzzFnGZbufj-TiLOSWckl_Domuzh&index=12

Solomon

You peer back to the belfry once you cross the shallow waters, and there, just a touch in the shadow of the doorway, the blind old woman stands, gazing at you… well, surely not. Wind whips through you and out towards the jagged grey peaks.

The journey has begun.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Gruush stalks the edges of the group as they roughly march along the hillsides: sometimes hiking through the reeds and ditches below, and sometimes ascending the branches of the trees above head as the path allows, always attempting to remain quiet as a cat on the hunt...
    Geth roll 1d20+4 Stealth (Gruush)

Stealth (Gruush):
    1d20+4 23 [1d20=19]

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Arthur had sketched a rough map based on the descriptions they were given, and poured over it to draw out a path towards the catacombs. He hadn't shared any specific opinion on where to go next, so he was happily walking with Simon as they went to deal with the undead, trying to check their trail against his makeshift map as they walked.
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Investigation

Edit: Okay Geth, now I'm worried you're setting me up for a huge failure....

Investigation:
    1d20+5 25 [1d20=20]

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Solomon takes up the rear of the group, keeping an eye out for danger. Danger can come from any direction and cunning foes will attack from unexpected angles. As his gaze turns from side to side, he surveys his newfound companions. It was quite good fortune that he'd arrived when they did and that they were willing to work together, if even for a short while. Solomon remembered his time in the order, fighting side by side with his fellow knights. Though he fought alongside them and trusted them with his life, he always knew that there was still the slightest distance between them. But he no longer held his title nor his grim responsibility. It was potentially refreshing having a clean slate with new friends.

Geth roll 1d20+3 for Perception

Perception:
    1d20+3 13 [1d20=10]

Zomro on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    oh good I seem to have woken at just the right time

Geth roll 1d20-1 for perception

To his own surprise, Simon leads the way. Luckily for all involved, his visions and hallucinations are at an all time low. Is this a product of moving towards the Twinned Gardens? Perhaps it's simple luck but it seems a fine omen to begin an adventure on.

Simon has chosen to use his classic combo of sword and maul for the journey while his ball weapon stays behind.

perception:
    1d20-1 18 [1d20=19]

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Kirina asks Arthur to borrow a piece of paper and a pen (quill? what does Arthur use to write?)

She roughly sketches some drawings of a particular leaf, with an almost circular symmetry. Kirina goes to each of the group, asking them to keep an eye out for it.

Later in the day, or at night (depending on when the group takes a break), Kirina brews up some tea. "This will help keep up your energy, without borrowing from tomorrow. It'll be like we spent the day resting instead of... this" she waves at the tough terrain.

Geth roll 1d20+5 to Medicine up some tea

to Medicine up some tea:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Arthur happily offers Kirina the quill he was using, as well as instructing her on all it's possible uses. He shows her the different colors it can write in, accessible through tapping the side of it to change ot the next color, and even shows how you can erase everything just by waving the quill over the paper and tapping the feather on the paper once.

All of this is shared very excitedly, disregarding if Kirina has any interest in anything other than a writing component.

Someone asked about Arthur's new quill. He's very excited!

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    Arthur happily offers Kirina the quill he was using, as well as instructing her on all it's possible uses. He shows her the different colors it can write in, accessible through tapping the side of it to change ot the next color, and even shows how you can erase everything just by waving the quill over the paper and tapping the feather on the paper once.

All of this is shared very excitedly, disregarding if Kirina has any interest in anything other than a writing component.

Someone asked about Arthur's new quill. He's very excited!

It's not that Kirina isn't at all interested. But Arthur (easily, it seems), reaches that level of interest and just keeps going. And going, and going. She's still thinking about how excited this one quill got Arthur as they all continue hiking...

And now I get to blame Arthur for my bad roll :P

Y'all are stealing all the 19s and 20s!

Steam profile
  • Options
    My next proper post will be tomorrow, and lemme tell you, it’s gonna get interestin!

t0g3df0q2yrz.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwdq-B7J7n0