As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D ?E] The Vastness Beyond - End Times

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gruush

By all account you should be knocked clean out, but instead you spring up, daggers still pointed away from your body.

eopjou299suj.png

The Nameless Belfry Grounds

The shallow lake is now still. The sky above is palest blue. High winds herd the clouds away to new pasture.

d2fyeswfg8b1.png

The abandoned belfry is the first sign of civilisation you have seen. A landmark to get your bearings by. Perhaps if you’re lucky a place to rest awhile and discuss the trials ahead.

Adventurers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL7b-IQgeJY

What do you do?

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Arthur wastes no time in approaching the downed heron. "Amazing! Incredible! Simon, I can't believe you... Solomon, riding it's back... And you, my friend, I don't believe I caught your name but diving at it's back. Simply stunning!"

He starts to pace around the bird, tromping through the water, writing notes and making surprised noises as he does. Finally, he pulls a single feather off the body, trapping in on the page of notes and closing the book as he finally looks up at the rest of them.

"Well then. Where to?"

Edit: I really should be tying rolls to the note taking flavor.

Investigating the bird, but mostly a “What is it?” roll for notes. Not really searching for anything specific.

Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Investigation

Investigation:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    His bell rung a fair bit, Evil-Eyed Gruush is washing his daggers off in the water, and acknowledges the young Wizard with a tip of the Mask. "Name's Gruush, fellow traveler... high-pleased ta' meet such a hearty group as yerselves!"

After pulling himself up and rubbing some dirt on the spot where he got gouged by the Heron, Gruush would like to Investigate the area, with the following priorities:

-Is there something salvageable from the body of the Heron? How does a bird get so big...it doesn't seem...right?

-What is/was the Belfry, exactly?

-Anything else of note/use around the Heron-Boss lake area?

Geth roll 1d20+5 Investigation

Investigation:
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Solomon climbs off from the now dead Fenwing. He reaches over and reaches out a hand to Simon to help pull him from the mud. "Even with all the legends of this place, I was not expecting... that." He looks back to the massive heron, "A majestic creature, but with such rage."

Solomon turns his gaze to the Belfry, "We should get out of this water. It's cold enough here as is, and this water is certainly not helping." he begins heading towards the old building. "I need to dry my boots."

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Gruush

Dredging about the water you first find half a corpse dressed in as a woodsman. There’s a stringless bow nearby.

Heading over to Fenwing’s remains, the green gemstones pitting one side of it catches your beady eyes. You manage to pick 5 out, little things, like marbles. Aventurine, you guess. They’d be worth about 50 gold coins each back home!
    If you want to get messy and have the means you could hack some of the meat from its bones. Rations are rations.
    You have no idea how it got so big.

Kicking through some reeds you find a rusted helmet, a broken shortsword and a shield so full of arrows it falls apart in your hands. There’s a skull too, you spy, but the rest of the body is nowhere to be found.

The belfry is a looming enigma. You’re thinking a sort of church. Big bell, big bell… weddings, funerals, sounded if the city is under attack. Something along those lines. What group built it and who manned it is lost to you. If they were still here you’d have thought they’d have made an appearance to help the heron or have a go at you. Hmm… if no one else has claimed it, what does that mean to you?

The colossal longsword is too large and heavy to budge… at least right now, on this day.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Solomon

The double doors to the belfry are open. Silt and wild vines had crept inside long before you did. There is a persistent gloom here, with only a thin beam of morning light cutting through from a window somewhere above. It serves only to accent the ruin of the place as dust filters across it.

There are two short stepped staircases spiralling up to another floor. The previous occupants must have been short folk. The huge bell is visible; a circle is cut into the floor above—its prominence and purpose was intended design. A rope extends down through the hole, but you can’t reach it from here.

“Oh. Oh I understand, yes and indeed. A usurper from across the Sovereign’s Veil. Oh? A soldier, yes. That may be so, also. But how can we be sure? Well… I suppose, I suppose, yes and indeed.”, a voice creaks some corner of the belfry, “Eheheh.”

There is an elderly woman in the belfry.

z4akr34zpufz.jpeg

Upon her shoulder is a snail of no unusual size.

u9iaqwh6qvkh.jpeg

A new voice blooms, smoother and deep, “Well met, usurper. I am the ancient sage, Gebinon. Be not alarmed. Draw not your blade. We are weary travelers come to rest, our days of wandering dashed. Barter, perhaps? If you bid me questions, I shall supply the wealth of knowledge I possess.”

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Three of them jumped on the giant arch-beast. Three! Kirina sighs.

She walks over to Fenwing, kneels in the water, and says a prayer for the transition of the great being from life to death, hoping its spirit will embrace the new journey.

Then, she stands up and trudges over to follow Solomon to the Belfry. Kirina is also ready to get dry... (Solomon probably has time to respond before Kirina makes it there)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Alzav nods as the beast falls. It had been beautiful - he would have preferred it let them be, but this was necessary. "Well struck, Gruush."

Alzav sloshes through the water to the place where the heron's tear fell, poking about for evidence of any remnant of the mysterious tear.

Woo!

• Options
    "Indeed, I am just a soldier now." Solomon breathes a slight sigh before addressing the old woman. "Please forgive the intrusion, my lady. I honestly did not think there would be any living here. We are only looking for a place to rest and dry off, we mean no harm."

Solomon is taken aback by the talking snail but quickly shakes it off. We just fought a giant heron, a large snail should not be that surprising. "Greetings, honored sage. If you wish for questions, I'm sure the others will have plenty. I, however, only have one." Solomon reaches into his pack and pulls out a broken sword hilt, a once beautiful weapon with an elaborate symbol of a shield on the pommel. He holds up the hilt so the snail sage can see, "Someone who bears this mark has also entered beyond the Veil. Have you seen them, have they come through here?"

One of the trinkets I start with from my background is a "trophy", in this case a broken sword. I'm tying it into the reason why Solomon has come to the Vastness Beyond.

• Options
    Alzav

You perceive, like a heat haze, the quickly fading magic that was cast through the tear. Elsewhere, more faintly still, you come to know that Fenwing had cast that same spell here before to great effect; last time was further north-west.

Wading over to that place, then out a further 10 feet, you find a pair of corpses in chainmail. A shortsword is stuck in the mud behind them. Fenwing had more luck with the spell last time.

There’s no longer a tear to take, but you have learned the value of sound when it comes to magic, at least in the Vastness Beyond. You’re also made aware of the possibility of delayed magic… just something to think about for the future.

The chainmail is in decent condition on one of the corpses. Heavy armour, 16 AC, disadvantage on Stealth checks, so not your cup of tea to be honest.

The shortsword is mundane. Iron, black hilt.

• Options
    Solomon

“I cannot claim it a sight familiar to my eyes.”, the voice sounds truly sorry, “Yet, the moon has been waning as of late, allowing much passage from the wider world. The late Fenwing did battle with a roaming throng of undead and several disorganised newcomers—archers all, save one.”

The old woman butts in, “Got away they did! Northwards! Poor thing… Can’t have known the Wolfen Run is beyond the hills.”

“A full procession of the days ago.”, the sage concludes.

“That’s a week.”, the old woman nods.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    The Belfry

I’m just going to lay down some facts.
    • The belfry has had everything of worth plundered from it ages ago.
    • The floor of the main hall has a rune carved into it. Looks like a staff, or a tree, or weighing scales?
    • It’s quite warm even though it’s mostly brick and hewn stone.
    • Wash basins and some toilet shacks are out back. Do not ask about their current state of cleanliness.
    • There are twelve empty bedrooms lining the staircases. They’ve not much actual room to them.
    • The old woman appears to sleep in the main hall on bundles of rags.
    • There are six large, empty rooms connected to the main hall. In the future you can decide their purpose.
    • The upstairs area is exposed to the elements on one side and houses a huge bell.
    • There could be more to the place upon further inspection, but it is truly safe for now.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Assuming Kirina arrives and gets a brief intro.

"Hello there, wise one. Do you know how many of the mighty arch-beasts still live and roam these lands? Is there information you seek in return?"

Kirina will also take a look around at her companions. Does anyone look especially injured?

Mechanically I know no one is unconscious or whatnot, and we'll probably be getting a long rest soon, but if anyone looks really hurt Kirina'd probably give 'em some healing with her last spell.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Alzav takes the chainmail and short sword, then moves towards the belfry.

"Good day, sage. Barter, you said? What do you carry, and what do seek?"

I'm happy to give these items to anyone who needs them, but they seem like things good to trade away.

• Options
    Kirina & Alzav

Together you meet at the belfry door. With Solomon’s broad frame ahead, you feel it safe to enter. A blind woman… and on her shoulder, a little white snail. Fair enough.

“Ah… so majestic. Once there was four score and more. Long ago, you might even catch sight of Moorfang holding her court, or the swift and decisive displays of territorial aggression between two arch-beasts at the height of summer. In these times I cannot say for sure in entirety, but I know that the Crimson Elephant, Bandertusk, lives yet. His land corrupted, he roars in disbelieve, hunting all in his path across the Vastness.”, the voice rises in rapture as it describes this arch-beast, then returns to its usual smoothness, “I would hope ten at least, but the age of the arch-beasts has ended.”

It brightens at your suggestion, “Would you return to me whatever fragments of knowledge you acquire on your journeys? Scrolls, books, little treasures—they need not be magical in property. I do miss the finery of the old days…”

The old woman steps hastily to Alzav and laughs, “This isn’t a market! We’ve not much at all.”

She gestures to the walls; nothing but hangers and pale squares where paintings once hung.

“I’ve got a torch and a tinderbox if you’ve something to trade.”, she waves in front of her face, “Not much use for them personally, yes and indeed! Eheheh.”

• Options
    Arthur joins the group as they collect themselves in the Belfrey. He says nothing, but sketches the woman and the snail as best he can. He continues taking notes as he looks around, squinting his eyes occasionally and then writing furiously. He continues this for a moment, but then coughs, and winces. He hand goes to his chest, still red with blood, and he grimaces. "Ow. That really hurt."

Not dying, but Arthur was down to 8hp so he would probably look pretty rough

• Options
    edited April 2022
    He continues this for a moment, but then coughs, and winces. He hand goes to his chest, still red with blood, and he grimaces. "Ow. That really hurt."

Kirina walks over to Arthur. "Here, I can help."

Oh, I didn't even prep a Cure Wounds. So, slightly weaker heal :D

Geth roll 1d4+3 for Healing Word

As the light emanates from Kirina's hands and Arthur's wounds close a bit, she turns her head back to the woman and sage-snail. She smiles. "Knowledge, as you know, has great value. But I'm sure you have a great many more stories to share as well. I can't promise to find anything, but what I do I'll try to bring back to you."

She thinks another moment. "What can you tell us of the surrounding areas? Where do roads lead from here?"

Edit: I swear, the rolls in this game have not been kind to Kirina haha

Healing Word:
    1d4+3 4 [1d4=1]

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Oh - should we harvest the gems from the bird? I'm not sure if there is much value to trade for here, but maybe later?

• Options
    Kirina

The sage seems delighted to be teaching you geography.

bxhic5hsd08t.jpeg

“This land has long gone unclaimed by the Enthroned, and so has no name. The stars did not bless it, and so it became a brief bastion for those who turned their backs to true nobility. They are long fled and felled. The great bell above us now is a work of strange, unorthodox holiness… ringing it keeps undead and beasts at bay I wager, for a time, at least.”

“To the north, over the hills, lies the evergreen forests of Wolfen Run, so named for the arch-beast that once ruled therein. It is now the home of brigands and lesser beasts, an abode of lawlessness. It is a maze of roots, snow and jutting stone.”

“To the east, the catacombs of long lost Oudru, profaned and ignoble. Accursed undead leak from the very depths of the mountains. It is not right to speak of them further.”

“To the west, Drossmire, a poisoned land, it’s true name renounced by all. Now a realm of bewitchment and creatures born malformed and eternally starved. Here the Enthroned by name of Gladdinorre holds court within the fabled Midnight Manse.”

• Options
    Oh - should we harvest the gems from the bird? I'm not sure if there is much value to trade for here, but maybe later?

You saw Gruush pick out the ones big enough to be worth something a bit ago. If you wish it, you took 5 very small ones for yourself. Worth some silver pieces if you’re especially persuasive, but otherwise they might work as a tool of distraction, or material for some project much later on.

• Options
    Kirina

The sage goes on, but the gist is:
    • Head to Wolfen Run for battles against organised, mundane foes in tight spaces, with weather and terrain against you.
    • Head to Oudru Catacombs if you wish to face the wrath of the covetous dead up high peaks and down in the dark.
    • Head to Drossmire if poison and hexes does not deter you.
    • There will be a day’s hard trek to reach your destination of choice.

Necessary spoilers to help you decide in the future.
    Oudru Catacombs. Blasphemous acts have awoken the dead deep within this mountainous region. Conquering this area will award the party the means to craft, enhance and maintain mundane equipment.

Drossmire. A putrid waste broken by poisonous lakes and burnt out ruins. Conquering this area will award the party an accord with the only merchant caravan in the Vastness Beyond.

Wolfen Run. Heavily guarded, the forests of the Wolfen Run are home to savages. Conquering this area will award the party with quick, safe passage to all neighbouring areas.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Ah I had missed that - sure, why not, more gems is better than less gems!

"This place seems safe enough to rest. Do the undead not come here?"

"We arrived together by chance, travelers, but none of us would have survived Fenwing alone. Shall we continue together? These Catacombs to the east seem to share a long border with the Belfry's territory. I would vote that we proceed there first, if together, to make sure this is a safe place we can fall back to."

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    Arthur smiles up at Kirina, a takes a deep breath, feeling the skin stich itself together. He nods his thanks, and she turns back to continue a conversation.

"Yes, let's all travel together!" he chimes in, responding to Alzav's question, a smile plastered across his face. "This place seems like it's more hostile than not, and it would be such a grand adventure."

• Options
    Alzav

“Eheheh. Old Fenwing would cut them down one by one as they wandered across the lake. They’d go for anything that moved, as of late. We only got here… well, a lady doesn’t tell her tricks.”, the old woman cackles, wagging a finger at no one in particular, “Naturally, the undead always get back up a second time or more, but Fenwing was nothing if not persistent. I’ll miss it a bit, but it’ll be nice to not have to time when I go outside by its so very short naps.”

The sage’s smooth voice begins anew, “Whenever an undead rises it grows stronger, as you must well know. Forgive me, but I had great respect for Fenwing. Even as age brought with it a furious madness. It fought countless skirmishes before your arrival. It was a much weakened thing, yet still it fought you all admirably.”

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Gruush doesn't much mind where the party goes from here, but if he had to cast a vote on the matter he'd say Wolfen Run to open the paths up for later

Evil-Eyed Gruush crouches at the corners of the Belfry for awhile, nervous of the newcomer's who dwelt within. As the others in his group become acquainted with the squatting pair, Gruush hangs back quietly. He had no knowledge to share with the Sage at this time, and though he desired to trade away the jewels he had claimed from the wings of the bird, the woman seemed to possess little of value or interest.

Rather than engaging, Gruush sits upon the tiles of the Belfry, cross-legged, and noisily begins to roast a giant haunch of bird flesh near the window...

• Options
    Alzav nods to the old woman. "I believe you. It was majestic, and terrible. There is a sadness to its loss. Will it rise again, though? We could . . . prevent that, perhaps, or at least plan to avoid it, if it returns."

Whenever it's convenient, Alzav will explore the three trees where the heron had initially stood, to see if it was protecting a nest or anything of note.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Alzav nods to the old woman. "I believe you. It was majestic, and terrible. There is a sadness to its loss. Will it rise again, though? We could . . . prevent that, perhaps, or at least plan to avoid it, if it returns."

Whenever it's convenient, Alzav will explore the three trees where the heron had initially stood, to see if it was protecting a nest or anything of note.

Alzav

No, I cross my heart, that isn’t on the cards.

“Oh no. Fenwing wasn’t undead.”, the old woman says calmly.

She makes some gesture with her fingers, a prayer perhaps.

“As I’m certain you are aware, proper burial is not enough, many have fallen prey to such superstition. Fire is the only way to be sure. I am thankful we did not have to find a means of creating a pyre large enough for the late Fenwing.”, the sage adds.

You head out to the trees without delay. Many regular birds nest within the trees, some tiny ones in the highest branches, others lanky wading birds sat in the shade. There is an unrest as you approach, could be natural territorial behaviour, or they hold you to account, you can’t say. An arrow is stuck in one of the trees; you’ll only break it if you try to pull it free.

Of note, a faded orange length of silk has been snagged on a low branch. Part of a cloak, once, perhaps not so long ago.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Haha wow imagine if you schooled a knight in exile and then he came back alive and all the mindless peasants he hoped to grant some kind of peace to are torn to bits and someone stole his weapon lol lmao

• Options
    Kirina thanks the sage for the information. She turns to the rest of the group.

"I assume at some point many of us will have to go our separate ways. We're here for different purposes, after all. But until we have a solid footing, it makes sense to stay together. You've all proven.... brave enough, I suppose, to venture these lands without being a burden."

"Brave." Yeah. That was probably the best way to say it...

"But I do think that going west to Drossmire may be best. While dangerous, it sounds like there may be some semblance of civilization there. We've already found trinkets and minor treasures to sell, and it would be useful to have a place to trade and resupply. Food, potions.... an established society could be helpful in buying or finding what we need to survive."

Steam profile
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Simon hefts the giant ball-and-chain over his shoulder and heads for dryer lands. He clutches his chest still from the pain. Most of it seems to be more bruise than anything. They would be easily forgot in the fervor of battle, but was that a broken bone he felt? Well, no matter. He had intended to discard the ball-and-chain but after that battle he felt the urge to bring it along. Such an unorthodox weapon surely had other applications.

I haven't added my second wind back into my character sheet but that puts me safely back into the 20's. HD should do the rest

When Solomon commented on Fenwing Simon grunts back "A truly magnificent creature. Is this the inherent nobility of this place? Or was this a true Enthroned? I fear we may have overstepped" he then shrugged "still, I did not wish to die"

Simon also has his own questions for the Wizened Crone before us. "I also seek someone... She may have come this way, or perhaps not" he takes off his Wytch-Knight helm to give the women a good look of his face before returning it to his face.

Behind the mask Simon appears in his 30's which an unshaven severe and thin looking face. The skin around his left eye is scarred and the eye itself of questionable working order. He has a ring piercing on his right right upper lip and another high on his left ear.

"She would be much older. perhaps 60? She shares much of my face otherwise."

He grows sheepish and conspiratorial now. "I also seek any locations that might have belonged to the Wytch-Knights. There are... Secrets I need.". Were they staring now? He knew the old order's reputation. Most of the dishonor and shame was exaggerated, surely. Hildegard would have mentioned it. Still you never knew how people would react when they find out who you really were.

When remarking over their next destination Simon says "If it's all the same I think putting an end to the undead would be most prudent. There is still so much we don't know. The consequences of stepping poorly into a political situation with the Enthroned seems... Dire.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Simon

I ruled it a weapon too big to stow away, so I’ll have to keep to that, but it needn’t be left to rust in the water.

That weapon has proven useful. There’s empty rooms aplenty here, perhaps one should be an armoury! You could leave it behind when you need a free hand to traverse unknown lands, and bring it with you when you’re certain of the path and want only to fight.

It takes nothing special to claim one of the six empty rooms and give it purpose.

The old woman is blind so she just sort of half smiles at the sound of your taking your helm off.

“Handsome, no doubt, yes and indeed.”, she says with a nod, “As we said to your fellow the soldier, could be that one warrior that fled a battle with Fenwing is the one you’re after.”

The sage answers your next question, “The Wytch-Knights are traitorous, yet remain noble. They are reduced to the Twinned Gardens, where they cling to falsehoods of the Void. The high walls, the inner and outer, would be a devilishly difficult task to overcome.”

The little sage seems to mull over revealing more about them, his love of teaching in a duel with his good sense.

“I would need assurances before I spoke more of them, of your intent.”, he states.

He’d like to be buttered up with knowledge you find on your journeys.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Solomon thinks back to what the snail sage told him about the last arrivals. All archers save for one? It could be them. Did they arrive with help or did they, like myself, arrive with strangers? Knowing them, though, it doesn't make much of a difference. They've always been a leader, so I don't doubt they're alone even now.

Even though the inside of the Belfry feels warm and safe, Solomon looks around for a safe place to make a fire. "Kindly matron, would you mind if we were to build a fire while we rest? Sleeping with our equipment soaked as it is would invite sickness and a fire would help us dry ourselves and warm our bones. I've seen enough soldiers survive a battle yet not survive the fever that comes from the wet and the cold."

Assuming it's safe and the old lady and sage don't mind, Solomon will set up a small fire and sit by it. He removes his armor and boots and gets to drying himself up. He took that fall in the river and is absolutely soaked

"Where do we go next? I am interested in Wolfen Run, as that might be a clue as to find the one I seek here." Solomon looks over the fire, his gaze seeing far away from where he sits. "But I've got nothing solid, only guesses and rumor. Even if they did find themselves in Wolfen Run, they would have been there for a while and have quite possibly moved on already." he instinctively rubs his left shoulder, the scar hiding under his clothing aching from the cold. "Either way, now that they're here in the Beyond, I'll find them in this accursed realm eventually."

"Lady Kirina and Sir Simon have both made valid points. If there are other... civilized people here, we could secure supplies for further expeditions. On the other hand, the undead are a threat if they were to wander here from the Catacombs."

Zomro on
  • Options
    Solomon

“Eheheh! I claim no ownership of this belfry, and it would appear you’ve slain the last landlord!”

She dances about at this, as gleeful as a child.

“Take care, Naniwa!”, the sage grumbles, “Mind yourself!”

Later, the sage informs you all that the exact definition of an Enthroned is one that holds a piece of the broken Crown Eternal. Fenwing ruled this small floodplain in the most traditional sense—you didn’t mess with the big bird. The Enthroned on the other hand, are an order of magnitude more powerful.

Right now, take a long rest! Claim a bedroom (though there isn’t a thing in them) and most importantly…

LEVEL UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSCdunid8yY

• Options
    Feel free to roleplay amongst yourselves, and patch up the belfry any way you like. I’ll catch you in about twelve hours.

I’d like to thank you all for playing so far, and for putting genuinely interesting thought into your next journey!

• Options
    Not sure I get what you mean when you say "There are twelve empty bedrooms lining the staircases." What does this look like...?

ALSO WOOT LEVEL UP

Steam profile
  • Options
    yzdqwbaghzk1.png

I am speed. Night!

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    oops That's what we get when we force out a post quickly over lunch I guess! Missed blindness

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Leveling up!

Geth roll 1d10+2 for HP Increase!

Solomon is a man of contradictions. He is both defender and executioner. I'm going to go Oath of Vengeance at level 3, but I'm taking the Interception fighting style now which is defensive in nature. Most of my spell choices will probably be buffs or other things that won't rely on saving throws (since I only have +2 CHA)

Level 2 sheet uploaded!

HP Increase!:
    1d10+2 12 [1d10=10]

Zomro on
  • Options
    Arthur finds his way to a room, claiming whatever was still open and sits down with his quill and book. After an hour, there is a loud pop, accompanied by a flash of multi-colored light. There is a moment of silence, followed by a loud laugh. Arthur's voice rings through the Belfrey. "I did it!"

He comes rushing back out, exclaiming to whoever happens to be in the main area, "I did it!", another laugh, "I did it!". In his hands, he holds out the quill, although, it looks different now. It has a multicolored feather, and it glows slightly blue, as if it was outlined in color. In his other hand, pressed against his chest, his notebook also glows the same, blue outline surrounding it. Waving the quill around, he says "Look at this thing!"

Let's add some flavor to leveling up!

• Options
    Alzav ascends the left stair, absently turning the orange belt of silk over in his hands. So much detritus, here. Are we any different? He takes the fourth room up, closing the door behind him and preparing to rest.

I'm going to for real bed, but if anyone wants to knock on Alzav's door I'd be happy to RP chat tomorrow.